Pokemon Genius

By Serperiorshiny

"The genius of Pokemon" a old mysterious book deceives people. A young high school student inherits memories... More

1. Memory
2. Partner
4. My first Battle
5. She has sweet addiction!
6. Getting along
7. Tournament I
8. Tournament II
9. Winning streak
10. Tournament III
11. Who wins?
12. Terarium
13. Two rivals
14. Birds on the Rock
15. This Girl is something!
16. This girl is crazy!
17. Unseen situation
18. Shame?
19. The bet
20. Confession

3. Special abilities

72 2 14
By Serperiorshiny

As soon as Miss Briar left the classroom, I got up from my seat and walked to the stoic girl in the class. She had violet coloured hair. Despite having stoic expression, her beauty was reflecting through her hair strands.

Her eyes were currently focused on her phone. She must be checking details about her Pokemon. Her Snivy called her. She looked towards her visitor.

I blushed a little but I should make it sooner.

"Kathy..."

"Yes. It's me."

She replied bluntly. Sprigatito hoped from my shoulder towards the Snivy. It greeted Snivy who returned her greetings back in a polite manner. So Snivy is humble.

Maybe even Kathy is the same.

"Is there anything you want to say?"

"Ah- yeah. I actually... wanted to apologise you for looking like that."

I bowed down to show my apology. She had similar stoic expression. She then stood up and bowed down too.

"Similarly, I want to apologise too."

"Why-?"

"Though you were looking at me, I even stared back at you. I think I am at fault here too. I want you to accept my apology."

"No. It's not you who should be sorry. It's totally my fault."

"It seems that both of us were at fault here." She chuckled.

It's the first time she showed an expression like that. Then she returned her stoic expression back.

"But."

"But what?"

"You are still at fault."

"Me?"

"Yes you do. You should be looking at your Sprigatito who wanted to seek your attention but you didn't. You should apologise it."

"Yeah. I should."

I don't want to be in bad terms with my own partner. I should apologise as soon as possible.

"I am sorry Sprigatito."

I bowed down in apology. Sprigatito placed it's paws on my head.

"..."

It really loves headpats.

I got back straight and patted it's head. Sprigatito then let out a cry.

"Nya~"

It's a cat after all.

Kathy watched all these events silently and sat back. She then looked back towards her phone with similar expressions.

I tried to say few things but tried to save it for next time. I walked away from her desk with my Sprigatito.

Two boys approached me with a sneer. "Hey, are you trying on that girl?" one asked accusingly.

I could feel my cheeks flush. "No, I'm not doing that!" I insisted. "It was just a misunderstanding. Don't take it the wrong way."

It's not that I was trying anything. But if I did try to make a move, I'd probably face the harsh sting of rejection. Still, that girl was tempting - gorgeous looks with an aloof, stoic air. But I knew better than to try my luck on the very first day. This wasn't the time or place to be so bold.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. The last thing I needed was to cause trouble or make enemies here. For now, I decided to play it cool and avoid any more unwanted attention.

"I am Marlon."

"Call me Ryan."

The two boys introduced themselves. Their Pokemons did the same.

"I am Aki. Nice to meet you."

Sprigatito followed it's own introduction.

"Aki, would you come with us to train ourselves for the tournament after the classes?"

I looked towards my partner to ask for it's permission. Sprigatito gave an adorable cry saying yes.

"Yeah. It would be fun."

"Let's go!"

The boys hoped as they were much excited about Pokemon battles.

"I heard this school has a large battle court. We will meet there."

"See you later."

They went back to their seats holding up their excitement. I went to my seat. I opened my phone to check out the application. The application has Blueberry Academy's logo. I found a "My Pokemons" tab after loading page. There was another tab "Pokedex" just below it. I clicked the former tab. There was Sprigatito's name with it's image. I clicked "check info" tab

Sprigatito ♀️ [Type: Grass]

Nature:- Jolly

Ability:- Protean

Terra type:- Unknown

Moves known:-

Scratch
Leafage
Hone claws

Sprigatito is female, huh.

I was curious about the nature and ability. It stated that Sprigatito had Jolly nature, so that's probably why she got friendly with me right after we met. What is this ability called Protean?

Being curious I searched Protean on the search engine by opening another app. I found a definition on one of the websites by the name Bulbapedia.

Protean(Ability)

Changes the Pokemon's type to type of the move it's about to use. This works only once each time the Pokemon enters battle.

Pokemon with Protean

I clicked the new tab I found. It had the names of Pokemon with this ability. I found the name of two Pokemon I knew. Froakie and Sprigatito had their names in that section. I clicked Sprigatito. I found that this ability of Sprigatito is hidden ability. I remembered my lessons of Junior High where we were taught that Hidden ability is quite rare. Considering that my Pokemon has a rare ability which isn't found in most of the Pokemons of the same species. With this rare ability I would be able to win the tournament.

I tried to research more on this ability and found that Froakie even had this ability as a hidden ability.

Maybe, William's Froakie is also rare. I thought it would be unlikely for the school to give only one person such a rare Pokemon with rare abilities.

I should find it out soon.

Sprigatito's nature was really a plus point for me. Her jolly nature makes her a sweet tooth just like me. But she would dislike dry flavour.

There are additional benefits with this nature of hers.

Miss Briar returned. I put my phone back into my pocket. She began with her lecture. Sprigatito returned to her pokeball.

_________________________

Finally the school day was over. Ryan and Marlon were waiting for me near school battle court. There were three more boys with them. They were William, Takuya and Michael. Michael had a Mudkip while Takuya had a Tepig. On reaching late, I apologised them.

"Sorry. I got a little late."

"No problem. We haven't began a battle yet."

Ryan and Marlon ran towards one side of the court. They wanted team battle. I decided to team up with Ryan and Marlon. By teaming up with them all the weakness would be covered. The other team took their own position. Then all the six of us clashed into a Pokemon battle.

Our team had Sprigatito, Totodile and Scorbunny. The opposite side had Tepig, Mudkip and Froakie.

"Tepig tackle!"
"Scorbunny tackle!"
"Froakie water gun!"
"Mudkip water gun!"
"Sprigatito leafage."
"Totodile scratch!"

All the commands were given to the Pokemons. Sprigatito followed the directions and attacked before the rest. Her attack hit Mudkip. Mudkip's water gun was interrupted. Tepig and Scorbunny clashed. Froakie escaped from Totodile by firing water gun.

Scorbunny landed a critical hit on Tepig who flew little away on the court. Mudkip fired it's water gun towards Sprigatito.

"Dodge it. Use leafage."

Luckily Sprigatito was faster than the rest. It dodged barely. Sprigatito prepared it's leafage and fired it once again to Mudkip but this time it didn't hit Mudkip. Totodile was hit with a tackle from Froakie.

"Froakie go to help Tepig. And use water gun."

Froakie escaped towards Tepig to help it. Tepig was lying on the court after that tackle. Scorbunny was bashing with another tackle. Froakie fired it's own water gun on Scorbunny. It hit but Scorbunny wasn't affected as much as expected by it. I smiled after this one move.

Thanks Scorbunny, you confirmed my doubts.

"Sprigatito fire leafage straight on Froakie!"

__________________________

Author's note
Hello everyone just a question for all of you about future story.
Well which character POV I should go on next chapters?

Please support my story.

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 683 10
What happens when 5 Hetalians enter the Harry Potter world in order to protect Harry? ~I own NOTHING!! Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling, and Heta...
2K 134 9
"If people have the love of their life... mine's different, I have the ghost of my life. And I love you more." A short story inspired to 'My Fairy G...
2.9K 254 47
Avatar Korra died, and the new avatar was born in a dark era where evil surrounded him from everywhere and everyone, even his own self. This earthben...
9.6K 193 15
Max Flaversham is Olivia's older brother and a son. He found out that his father was kidnapped, and found Olivia. They come to the Basil of the Bak...