Adorable Treasured Fox: Divin...

By FRIES1andCHIPS0

She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family. Having just transmigrated into a young lady's... More

Chapter 526-530
Chapter 531-540
Chapter 541-550
Chapter 551-560
Chapter 561-570
Chapter 571-580
Chapter 581-590
Chapter 591-600
Chapter 601-610
Chapter 611-620
Chapter 621-630
Chapter 631-640
Chapter 641-650
Chapter 651-660
Chapter 661-670
Chapter 671-680
Chapter 681-690
Chapter 691-700
Chapter 701-710
Chapter 711-720
Chapter 721-730
Chapter 731-740
Chapter 741-750
Chapter 751-760
Chapter 761-770
Chapter 771-780
Chapter 781-790
Chapter 791-800
Chapter 801-810
Chapter 811-820
Chapter 821-830
Chapter 831-840
Chapter 841-850
Chapter 851-860
Chapter 861-870
Chapter 871-880
Chapter 881-890
Chapter 891-900
Chapter 901-910
Chapter 911-920
Chapter 921-930
Chapter 931-940
Chapter 941-950
Chapter 951-960
Chapter 961-970
Chapter 971-980
Chapter 981-990
Chapter 991-1000
Chapter 1001-1010
Chapter 1011-1020
Chapter 1021 - 1030
Chapter 1031 -1040
Chapter 1041 - 1060
Chapter 1061 - 1080
Chapter 1081 - Chapter 1100
Chapter 1101 - 1120
Chapter 1121 - 1140
Chapter 1141 - 1160
Chapter 1161 - 1180
Chapter 1181 - 1200
Chapter 1201 - Chapter 1220
Chapter 1221 - 1240
Chapter 1241 - 1260
Chapter 1281 - 1300
Chapter 1301 - 1320

Chapter 1261 - 1280

40 0 0
By FRIES1andCHIPS0

Chapter 1261 - The Queen Ran Away Again (1)

"Yes, Sire." First Elder respectfully complies by cupping his hand, "I will take care of this matter so please go ahead and return to the queen. I'm sure Her Highness will want to be accompanied by you." The last bit of his sentence was sugar to the ear, which made the demon king's face melt again into a warming smile that left the elder awkwardly embarrassed.

He wanted to remind Di Cang again this wasn't the right image to give as their king, but the man was already gone when he opened his mouth again.

"Ahumph!" Coughing to clear the awkwardness in the air, First Elder figured he might as well push forward anyways since they've already embarrassed themselves enough. "Leopard Chief, our king always takes good care of the queen so there are never any maids near Her Highness. However, the princess will soon be born so we are in obvious needs of capable maids for that. I want to know if your Leopard Clan has any qualified members to fit the job."

The meaning of his remark was obvious – it's a warning to not get any funny ideas about the king or becoming his consort! They're only maids and nothing else, otherwise.....

"I've said all I need to say now. Go back and prepare the candidates and come to the Demon City when you're ready." Whisking his sleeve, First Elder then began to leave and signaled the dispersal of everyone gathered.

"Sister!" Right as the young demoness who had caught Di Cang's eye earlier was about to leave though, another figure suddenly steps in and stopped her in the track.

Compared with her beautiful face, this new girl in front was quite petite with a cuter contour.

"Sister, I heard the king personally selected you? That's great! When I get to the city, I will need your help Sister."

Furrowing up her brow, Mu Ying the leopard demoness grew hesitant at her younger sister's request: "You want me to help you... for what?"

"Quit trying to fool me Sister, you really think I don't know? The king is only saying it on the outside that he's looking for maids to look after the princess, but in truth he's searching for concubines for himself. Once we are in the Demon City then we are all his woman. Your strength is higher than mine so of course you will need to help me."

In this cute looking petite girl's opinion, Mu Ying should be monopolized for her own benefits since she's stronger and her older sister. Such a great opportunity doesn't come often, especially when they're going to be in the palace to serve the king!

"What do you mean by that? When did the king start selecting concubines? He only chose me because my talent and strength are higher than everyone else's. Don't go running off and getting weird ideas." Now getting annoyed in her tone, Mu Ying didn't like the way the conversation was heading.

Regarding this younger sister of hers, the young demoness could say she's not very fond of her to begin with. For one thing, the girl never bothers to improve or train, that's already a disappointing factor in of itself, and the other was how often her younger sister would try to seek higher places beyond her position. This goes against everything Mu Ying stands for and that was self-improvement!

Chapter 1262 - The Queen Ran Away Again (2)

"Protect the little princess?" Mu Xue sneered sarcastically over her older sister's belief, "The baby inside the queen's stomach hasn't even come out yet, how are they so certain it's a princess?"

Mu Ying expression sank into a darker tone over that comment: "If you do this then it will bring great disaster to our Leopard Clan. It's not easy for us to have this peace today and you want to ruin it all for your own sake?!"

"I'm only speaking the truth Sister. What's more, I heard the queen is only a human. Us demons hate humanity to the core, what makes you think the king can really last forever with her? Not to mention the young prince is nothing but a filthy half-breed, what makes you think he can lead our kind?" Mu Xue's lip then formed a scornful sneer like she's been insulted: "Only the children we give birth to is worthy of becoming the true heir, anything less is unworthy!"

Nothing but a stinking human woman, how dare she compete with us for the king's favor? If the queen is a demoness then it's one thing, at least then I will still be able to suck it up. But she's a human, a human!

And......

The fact that the king is having the first elder choose maids for the princess goes to show how little he favors the current queen.

That's right, in this presumptuous bitch's mind, Di Cang's act of finding capable maids for his own unborn daughter was in fact an indirect mean of choosing more concubines for himself, and she herself was the perfect candidate for that position!

"I will tell Father about everything you said today, and you...." Stopping there because she didn't want to finish the last bit, Mu Ying glares at her own younger sister to emphasize her point. However, their argument didn't get any further because an angry holler had cut them off just then.

"What tell? What is there to tell? Aside from tattling to your father, what else can you do?" Almost running over was a middle-aged woman of decent beauty, but that resentful and angry growl ruined it all.

"I'm warning you Mu Ying, you're not allowed to tell your father about this. Furthermore, you must do everything in your power to help your sister get the position of Queen!"

Staring wide eye at this order: "Mother, what do you mean by that?"

"Isn't it obvious? With your strength, killing a simple human is easy. Once you are done with that then you can take the blame for yourself, this way you won't drag your little sister down with you." Yu Yao coldly snorted like it's the obvious thing to say to her own eldest daughter.

Due to the circumstances, Mu Ying had been kept in the mountains since childhood and isolated from the rest of her clan, therefore she didn't have much contact with her own mother over the years. Naturally Yu Yao wouldn't have much feelings for this girl as a result and favored the younger one instead.

As expected, Mu Ying's body went stiff after what she heard. My own mother wants me to die for her other daughter? She wants me to die for Mu Xue? Is she even my mother anymore?

"Mother..." Hooking her arms around like it's preplanned, Mu Xue starts getting all whiny like a spoiled brat, "I don't care, I want to be the king's woman. No, I want to be the queen! I want to have his child, and I want my child to be the future heir. I know my baby is far better than that half-breed runt!"

"Oh my good daughter, you don't need to worry. Your mother I will definitely get your sister to help you get your wish." Giving a gentle caress of her daughter's hair, this bias mother didn't even spare a glance towards the older one, "Besides, my Xu'er here is so outstanding, how can anyone not like you?"

That said, Yu Yao's eyes then shifted to Mu Ying's figure who just stood there with a haunted face. This woman had no warmth in those eyes like she's facing some servant.

"Did you hear me or not? Don't think just because your father favors you that you can use him against me. If you dare say a single word about today then I will die in front of you immediately. I will tell everyone it's you who forced your own mother to die after clinging onto the king!"

Chapter 1263 - The Queen Ran Away Again (3)

Mu Ying was left speechless and stunned over her own mother's irate face. It's painful and hurtful for the girl like someone just yanked at her heart and threw it away.

This is my mother!

Does she think I voluntarily locked myself up in the mountains? Does she think I wanted to leave them? How can a parent make such a request of their own child?

This sort of maltreatment was honestly not what Mu Ying expected. Just because she herself didn't get to grow up with the family, she's now an outsider....

"Alright, I won't tell Father so you two can stop fretting, but I won't help her either. I'm afraid of dying so asking me to die for her is out of the question." Disheartened inside, Mu Ying didn't have the energy left to speak to these two.

Yu Yao may not favor her eldest daughter, but the motherly instinct was still there. Sadly, once the woman saw the cold hard stare from Mu Ying, she immediately retracted any sentiment of feeling guilty.

"Mu Ying, I don't believe what you say about not having thoughts about the king. I'm telling you, the position as queen is your little sister's, you mustn't fight her for it!"

That only made the girl even more disappointed.

"Whatever you want, just don't blame me and say I didn't warn you beforehand. There's a good chance you two will die for this." That said, she gave one final glance at her sister and mother like it's some sort of farewell to their familiar bonds. She's done with them and only wants to return to the mountain.

"Mother!" Mu Xue felt aggrieved over the rejection and started to whine again.

"Don't worry sweetie, I will go talk to your father and have him bring you into the palace. But remember, don't let him know about what we're planning. With his old fashion nature, he will surely object to the idea and remove you from the roster."

Still sulky in the face, Mu Xue bites her lip: "What if Mu Ying tells Father?"

"Her? The fact that she promised us means she won't rat us out! Don't take her too seriously, and when you do become the queen, won't she have to kneel before your feet? When that time comes you can humiliate her all you like!" This time Yu Yao's voice was very cold like the girl was no longer her daughter at all.

At the mention of being the queen, Mu Xue's heart definitely felt relieved because the desire and greed for the crown overcame all her own hears. Imagine, a tiara on her own head and the groveling picture of thousands of demons before her eye, what a glorious picture that would be!

"I won't let you down Mother, one day I will become the noblest of all woman in this world!"

At first her goal was only to become a concubine of Di Cang's, but clearly this girl has no bounds or qualms about anything.

Yu Yao felt proud after hearing that blasted remark worthy of execution. In this mother's mind, her youngest daughter could do anything, blind confidence being the worse type of poison for a ignorant mother.

"Go clean yourself up now, I'll go find your father and organize the matter of bringing you into the palace." Patting her daughter's head, the woman's attitude was too polarizing to say she's right in the head.

Chapter 1264 - The Queen Ran Away Again (4)

Even though Mu Ying promised her not to say anything, but Yu Yao has never been one to trust others so easily. She must go confirm it's the case in order to be reassured and telling her youngest daughter would do nothing but make trouble.

......

Demon City.

Inside the newly constructed palace, Di Cang was searching high and low for the two people he wanted to find. Sadly, despite his efforts, he couldn't find a single trace of their being in the courtyards or rooms.

Going slightly white in the face, he makes a grab for the nearest demon soldier: "Where's the queen and prince?"

Startled and unable to process the question, the poor guard had to take a good moment to answer: "The queen and prince said they wanted to go out for a walk because they felt stuffy inside. They haven't return yet...."

They haven't return yet?

The man's face instantly changed into an ugly shade. Hurrying to close his eyes in order to sense for his wife's presence, the demon king didn't wait another second before his body disappeared in a gush of wind for the outside.

.......

Not long after the king's departure, First Elder also returns from his trip of recruiting the ten maids for the princess. But when he saw the trembling appearance of the palace guards around himself, he couldn't help but wonder: "Why are you all acting so nervous for?"

Literally squirming from discomfort, the guard in question cried and wept as he spoke: "The queen and prince ran away from home again, we didn't stop her and now the king.... He's very angry."

Sure enough, the elder's face went stiff like a rock. Bursting with anger as well, he stomped over and grabbed the person by the collar and yelled from the top of his lung: "You useless things! Don't you know the queen is pregnant? You actually let her go out on her own? What if something happens to the prince and queen! Do you want us all to die!"

The impending fate of that future left all the guards within earshot of his outburst crumbling to the floor. They didn't dare to move, nor did they dare to ask for mercy because it would only make things worse.

Frustrated, First Elder didn't want to waste time on unimportant matters now: "You two go arrange the living quarters for these maids. I'm going to go handle this issue first because you useless idiots can't do a simple job of looking after the royal family!"

"Ye-Yes, Elder." The leading palace guard complies and hanged his head in depression.

Not a moment too late after the elder's departure, the leopard ladies were brought over by another attendant charged with their guidance. But when Mu Xue saw the moot appearances of these soldiers, the greedy girl couldn't resist coming over to ask: "Hey Mr. Guard, is the relationship between your king and queen very bad? Why does she constantly run away from home?"

Frowning at the annoyance: "Our king and queen's relationship have always been good. You don't need to fret about it."

Despite those words and the constant tugging of her older sister Mu Ying from the side, the little greedy lass didn't budge and smirked: "Is that so? Why does the queen keep wanting to leave then? I bet its because she got wind of the king wanting to take in a new consort, that's why she's left out of anger."

The king wants to take in a new consort?

The expression of the guard froze over the idea.

No wonder.....

No wonder the queen was anxious to leave today, it must be because the king broke her heart, which made her leave out of spite.

"Mu Xue!" Now openly growing anxious in the face, Mu Ying desperately wanted to put a stop to this before its too late. Lowering her voice into an urgent whisper: "Stop this. This is the Demon City and not the Leopard Clan, no one can protect you here."

Obvious Mu Xue didn't agree with that idea and puckered up those lips. Not like I said anything that's false, why is she being so pushy?

Chapter 1265 - Labor (1)

"Ahumph!" The guard forces a dry cough using an expressionless face, "Whatever you want to say can come later. Right now come with me."

In an instant, the courtyard was silent over the order.

Mu Xue undoubtedly felt unhappy over the lost opportunity and glared at her older sister. What a nosy body! I knew I should've forced Mother to keep this woman at home! That way I can avoid having her cling onto me and ruin my good thing.

However, not even this greedy girl was foolish enough to openly showcase her true feelings. This wasn't the Leopard Clan, but the palace in the Demon City. She has at least enough awareness to know what she could and couldn't do in these times.

The guard obviously saw through the character of this leopard lass, after all, this wasn't the first time he's had to deal with the female sex trying to get into the king's bedchamber. In the end after much deliberation, the demon soldier decides to consult with the elder council after bring these maids to their designated living quarters. He doesn't want to make presumptions and make another mistake like today.

Unfortunately, it seems fate doesn't want to side with the poor palace guard during this period. Right when he arrived at the courtyard where the remaining elders were staying, he was firmly driven away by the attendants, saying the elders were currently in a crucial step of making a breakthrough and won't allow a audience.

......

In a teahouse not far from the Demon City, a teenager was currently sitting next to a window staring out into the sky when he overheard the nearby conversations.

"Oh right, did you hear about the recent news regarding the Demon City?"

Demon City?

Crumpling up his nose over those two words, the teen in question started to pay attention.

"Of course I've heard about that Demon City. It's been conquered by the demons did it not? I really have to wonder what the Celestial Palace is thinking. It's been so long already, why aren't they sending people over to retake the place? If this continues then the entire realm will fall into those demons at this rate."

"I'm not talking about that city being conquered you silly, I'm talking about the demon king taking in new consorts. Because of that reasoning, the demon queen and her son the prince have now ran away from home and hasn't returned yet. That demon queen deserves it I say. She's a human like us but decides to become a demon's wife."

Bang!

The teacup in the boy's hand was crushed in that instant. Despite the boiling water being hot enough to give a burn, the teen didn't pay it any heed and came before the loudmouthed gossiper's face in the next.

"You... What do you want?" The person asks after noticing the intensely cold air coming down his neck.

"You just said... the demon king wants to take in a new consort, is that true?"

"I... I'm not entirely sure. The news came from the Demon City so I'm only saying what I heard. It's a huge sensation apparently and has all the female demons there riles up. Even some human women are trying to get in on the election process."

Chapter 1266 - Labor (2)

Swoosh!

Right as the loudmouthed gossiper finished his words, the teen in question had already turned away following a rapid gush of wind.

...........

Demon City.

Standing under the mounting image of the towering structures that made up the walls surrounding this city, the teen was indifferent as he held out his longsword. But before he could make it no more than a few steps towards the city gates, a regiment of demon soldiers had rushed over to surround him from within.

"Get Di Cang out here to see me!" He snaps, unfazed by the sizable force before his eye.

"Who are you? How dare you call our king by name?" asked the leading guard.

Sneering: "I only want to ask him in person if he really intends to take in a new consort. Tell him to get out here!"

The guards were all taken aback by the demand. It's true there's a rumor hovering above the city about the king taking in new consorts and that the new maids First Elder brought back from the Leopard Clan were the likely candidates. But that's never confirmed so it didn't make sense that someone would have issue with the matter.

Of course, those who knows the royal family wouldn't believe such nonsense to begin with, but that doesn't mean everyone would think that way. For these palace guards over here, they're originally from the secret domain of the Demon Realm. They've spent most of their time training within there so whatever story or information they had were only from hearsay, hence the hesitation in their behavior.

"I thought it was all rumors at first, but clearly that's not the case if even his subordinates are acting the way you are all!" Perhaps it's the rage brewing from within at the notion, the teen's hand was starting to shake as he held that sword.

"I will get an answer from him no matter what today! I want to know if the promise he made to me back then still holds true. He promised to love my sister for the rest of his life! Now he wants to take in a new consort? Fine! If he takes one then I'll kill one, if he takes two then I'll kill two! I like to see him take a new consort then!"

The more he spoke, the more intimidating and threatening the young lad became. Against this oppressive picture, the demon soldiers all felt an instinctive fear and cowered back.

"You..." the leading guard popped his eyes out as he nervously cried out the idea in his mind. "You are the king's brother-in-law?"

Instead of getting happy, the teen only grew more outraged at the title: "Brother-in-law? That's all in the past. My sister is Bai Yan... and I won't recognize someone that likes to flirt around with other females after being married! Now go get him out here to see me! Or is he too afraid to come out in person?"

Sweating buckets at the confirmation, the leading guard wanted to curse his own luck. This guy really is the queen's younger brother and he's here to get justice for the queen! I can't offend this guy, otherwise the king might kill us for good if he learns of this!

"So it's Sir Xiao, apologies for not recognizing you beforehand. Unfortunately I can't oblige your request because the king has left in search of the queen again." The guard rubs his hands together like a guilty child that's been caught doing something wrong.

Chapter 1267 - Labor (3)

Bai Xiao's expression grew even colder over that information: "That asshole still have the guts to find my sister? Ridiculous! When he comes back you tell him I am willing to take care of my sister for life! If he really wants to take in a new consort then he will stop pestering my sister!" That said, he gives one final glance to the open gate where a flash of cold gleam glowed from those irises.

Just when the leading demon solider felt relieved at the teen turning away again, something completely out of his expectation occurred. It's the sound of something collapsing behind his back! Rigid like a robot, he turns around and saw what it was, the gate has been sliced apart and down on the ground!

Gulping, "Her Highness's brother isn't easy to handle either...."

He destroyed the gate, that's tantamount to stepping on the king's face! It looks like His Majesty won't have an easy time persuading the queen to return this time.

......

Sky Mountain.

High into the clouds, dangers are lurking everywhere in this difficult terrain. Nevertheless, Bai Yan continues to push through the blocking branches with her sword in one hand and her son behind herself.

"Sssss!"

Suddenly, the poor woman felt a stinging pain along the belly and caused her to convulse a gasp. She's sweating now, but knew well enough stopping was out of the question at this point.

"Mother, what's wrong?" Bai Xiachen nervously grabbed onto Bai Yan's hand after noticing the behavior, his little face showing concern and worry.

Shaking her head: "It's all right, probably it's your little sister wanting to come out."

"I'm sorry Mother, it's all my fault. If not for me, you wouldn't have to endure so much with your tummy this big." Aching with pain in the heart, the kid had started to cry along his lovely but guilty face.

"I'm fine, this is your sister's will. Come, let's continue. Only by getting up to the peak of this Sky Mountain can we find a celestial fox." Drawing a smile to reassure her boy, Bai Yan presses on without regret.

For her son, she's willingly to do anything and endure anything! Like this Sky Mountain, it's infamous for being dangerous and full of traps. Thankfully she did her research beforehand and managed to avoid any risks so far, it's just that.....

There's some sort of invisible pressuring force surrounding this mountain that hindered any human trying to climb it. Due to this reasoning, Bai Yan's body would be stressed beyond compare with every inch she moved, making it all the more difficult to walk. Even so, she's not going to stop, in fact she couldn't stop.

Bang!

But in the end the pressure was just too much for her pregnant self. Bending down in the knees, she's sweating buckets and showed visible pain on the face.

Chapter 1268 - Labor (4)

"Mother!" Throwing himself over to Bai Yan's side, he cries out in fright, "Let's go back okay? I don't want the celestial fox's blood anymore, let's go home...."

"We've already come this far, there's no turning back anymore Xiachen. There's only a hundred meters away, we must reach the top!" Closing her eyes, Bai Yan's mind brought up the image of that ghoul like version of her son merging together with the light one. Only with that picture did her heart firm up again.

Even if I have to crawl, I must crawl up here! No one can stop me from saving my son!

Grinding a streak with her knee along the snow, she slowly climbs up to her feet by clinging onto the cliff side.

I must get up there. The celestial foxes will only show themselves if I'm at the peak, I must get up there!

At the thought, she then stares down at her belly and rubbed the life that's within herself.

Child, you must protect yourself, for your brother, I can only persist!

I also believe you will be born safely into this world and stay with me for life!

Bai Xiachen saw how determined his mother was and decides to stop crying despite the tears still coming out. He's learned enough through the years he's not supposed to show weakness when Bai Yan's trying so hard already.

Together, one small and one big figure continued to climb this difficult mountain pass. But the mountain wouldn't just ease up on its relentless nature just because the two were showing determination. The more they climbed, the colder it became until Bai Yan felt like her body's being taken over by frostbites. Nevertheless, the pair eventually did reach the peak of this snowy mountain. Though it took far more time than necessary, from daytime to nightfall, they've made it....

Perhaps it's the fact that she's reached the goal, or the fact that the strange pressuring aura around this mountain has dissipated, but Bai Yan collapsed the second she felt it was far enough. This would've been fatal if it was under normal circumstances, however, there's one good thing out of all this – her powers back!

Immediately, the woman summoned up her internal energy to course through her veins and brought a wave of warmth to the body.

"Mother!" Bai Xiachan pounced at the collapsed woman after seeing her terrible condition. He wanted to dearly to check her health, but the inner restraint brought the boy back to his senses and stopped him from doing anything rash.

"You're so silly Xiachen." Breaking out a smile, Bai Yan gently pokes at the little steambun's temple.

Because the boy was a half breed, part human and part demon, he's able to interchange between both races with his aura. But just then when he cried out after she collapsed, the boy had stopped using his demon aura and reverted back to the human version, making him susceptible to the same pressure that Bai Yan's been fending off until now.

"Mother," face planting his plump face against her belly, "I'm not afraid of suffering, I only want to be with you. I'm too small to help carry some of the weight from you so I can only do this. I don't want you to suffer alone Mother."

Chapter 1269 - Labor (5)

For the little steambun, being able to stay with Bai Yan was all that he wanted in this world. Even if that meant plenty of suffering and dangers involved, he won't regret it.

"Hiss!"

The poor woman wanted to say something more then, however, it's right at that moment a stinging pain came rolling from her belly again and caused her to go white from the spasm.

"What's wrong Mother?" Bai Xiachen asks with urgent eyes, "Is my little sister coming out?"

Tightly biting her lips, Bai Yan clearly couldn't speak anymore due to the sensation coursing through her veins. It's an experience normal people could never imagine. For example, compared to the injuries she's used to taking in combat, this was several times more intense!

"Mother." Unable to hold back the tears anymore, the little steambun shows a pleading face due to that painful expression.

He's accompanied Bai Yan for so many years and has never seen his mother behave this strongly and helpless.

"Xiachen... help me... prepare, the scissor, and... hot water..."

"UhoAHH."

Quickly pulling out the prepared scissor from his storage bag, the boy also grabs the water kettle and an iron pot from within for use. These are all prepared for this occasion prior to their departure so it didn't take long for Bai Xiachen to set everything up.

Bai Yan on the other hand was too preoccupied with her current condition of going into labor to do anything else. Truthfully she doesn't understand why either but this time it's much more painful than when she carried her son the first time around.

Seconds passed....

Minutes passed....

The clock continued to tick along but the baby remained firmly lodged in there, refusing to come out and causing the poor woman to gasp constantly in pain.

"Mother!" Growing increasingly more distressed over that painful face, the boy starts to plead, "I don't want a sister anymore, I don't want a sister anymore, can you not give birth anymore? I don't want you to keep getting hurt."

Unable to speak, Bai Yan could only make a bittersweet smile at her boy. The baby's already coming out soon, how can I not have it? Besides, I've come this far and climbed the mountain, what does some pain matter at this point?

Getting angry now, Bai Xiachen stares angrily at the big belly: "You are not a good sister, you causing Mother so much pain. if you don't come out now then I won't like you anymore."

Who knows if the boy's words really worked, or it's just the timing, but the next thing Bai Yan felt was a loosening sensation around her belly and a ball of flesh rolling down her bottom half, followed closely by the screaming cry of a baby's voice.

Panting with air still, Bai Yan felt relieved: "Hurry Xiachen, go pick the baby up or else the cold will hurt her."

"I don't want to." Bai Xiachen refused and instead ran up to Bai Yan's side to grasp her hand.

"Why? Don't you want your sister? Hurry and go pick her up."

"She hurt you so I don't like her anymore." Puckering his lips, the boy explains with an unhappy face.

Chapter 1270 - Labor (6)

In the eyes of the boy, anyone who hurts his mother was one to dislike, hence his behavior right this instant.

"Xiachen, I suffered a lot in order to give birth to her, are you going to let all that go in vain?" Bai Yan says that with a frail smile.

Though unwilling, the little steambun does find the argument logical. As such, he could only begrudgingly come before the baby where found the pinkish lump of squirming flesh. Instantly, the hard look on his face began to soften up.

"Eh?" Crying out after finding the bodily structure similar to his own, the boy swings around and exclaimed, "Mother! This is not a little sister, this is a little brother!"

Also showing surprise along the face, Bai Yan just stared for a second, realizing how silly she's been. For days on end, Bai Xiachen's insistence about the baby being a girl has apparently rubbed off on her and that made her assume that's the case.

How silly, how could I have taken a child's dream as real?

Puckering his lip to the side, Bai Xiachen's discontent towards the baby only grew: "if it was a sister then I can ignore what happened, but he's a little brother. When he grows up, I'm going to teach him a good lesson!"

Hiss!

Right as Bai Yan could gather a breather, another contraction hits her hard, causing that face to go white. "Xiachen, there's another one!"

Instantly, the boy's complexion went pale again over the news. Why is there another one? It was already hard enough for one, I don't want Mother to go through another hurt.

Bai Yan knew the boy's worry so she tried to reassure him with a smile, however.....

Perhaps this one in the stomach was better and well behaved, but there wasn't any struggle for the woman after one push. Immediately, a second ball of flesh rolled down from her bottom self. And like before, Bai Xiachen quickly stepped in to pick up the crying baby. It's just that unlike the first baby, this one clearly had a different structural makeup. This fact brought a huge smile to the boy's face.

"Mother, it's a sister, this is a girl!"

Full of excitement in the voice, he's so proud right now: "I knew it, my little sister is the good and obedient one, she didn't make Mother suffer at all. This little brother on the other hand is the bad one, he's mischievous just from first glance. I'm going to give him a good beating later!"

Against the picture of her three children, Bai Yan just couldn't help but chuckle.

"Be good Little Sister, I will take good care of you and fend off the cold." Shrouding his little hands in a golden glow, the boy's power instantly dispelled the frost around the two babies.

"Oh right Mother, can I name my brother and sister?" he asks with sparking eyes.

Faintly nodding: "Okay."

"Then I'll name my little sister Ling Yan, meaning hope and beauty. She will be Di Ling Yan."

"If that's what makes you happy," Bai Yan softly giggles, "and what about your little brother?"

"Oh," puckering his lips in discontent, "Little Brother is so naughty so I'll just call him Pippi."

Gawking her face, Bai Yan has had to hand it to her son. Base on this attitude alone, she could tell he doesn't like this baby brother.

"That name is not very nice, pick another." She says with brows pricked.

Truth was Bai Xiachen only wanted to help name his sister, never did he intend on for a boy instead. If not for worrying about tiring out Bai Yan some more, he wouldn't even bother at this point.

Puckering his lips again, "Then let's call him Tian Tian."

Tian Tian?

Bai Yan's face went black: "Your little sister will be called Di Lian Yan and your little brother will be called Di Jin Tian, how about that?"

Chapter 1271 - Celestial Fox (1)

"Okay, I will listen to you Mother." The boy has no opinion regarding the matter, after all, he only cares about his little sister's name.

Giving a gentle tickle at the baby girl, "Ling Yan, you have to remember your name is from your older brother here."

As if to answer those words, the girl actually drew a smile that melted the kid's heart like a hot spring.

"Mother, she is smiling at me, did you see that!" Smiling right up to the eye, Bai Xiachen couldn't hold back his delight, "She must also like me a lot..."

"Xiachen, bring me the scissor first." Bai Yan had long climbed up from the dirty ground and leaned in against a nearby tree using a sitting position.

"Okay." First burning the metal utensil against the fire, he then quickly came before his mother with a helpless face, "What should I do now Mother?"

"Give..."

But before she could say give her the scissor, a noticeable energy signature had caught her attention and sent her into alarm.

"Xiachen, protect your little brother and sister." Without delay, Bai Yan takes over and cuts the umbilical cord without a second thought, her eyes scanning intently at the front.

"Okay."

With the main cord holding the babies back cut, the little steambun was free to move around freely for the impending new arrival. They are both aware of what's coming and knew what must be done.

Swoosh!

It didn't take long for the sound to reach their location, and when it did, Bai Yan's eyes immediately locked onto the snowy white fox that gave off an incredible visual impact.

Yet instead of stopping over the unfamiliar people in her territory, the fox continued to pounce at them at incredible speed. In an instant, the creature had brandished its claws and swiped down at Bai Yan's shoulder.

"Mother!" White in the face, Bai Xiachen snaps in anger over the wound, "Stop!"

This angry holler carried incredible weight apparently. Rather than continuing with its attack, the celestial fox stopped and stared out at the child in a daze.

Using this momentary opening, Bai Yan promptly backed off to gain a bit of distance. The pain stung from her shoulder and she's very perplexed by the creature's behavior.

Does Xiachen's lineage able to suppress the celestial fox? That must be it. He's also a fox, the royal family at that. This celestial fox may have lived and evolved inside the Celestial Realm, but he's still an animal!

"Careful!"

From out of the blue, Bai Yan could hear the whistling sound of an arrow from the sky. It's shrouded in purple light, soaring through the air like it wants to rip reality apart.

Thankfully the target wasn't the woman herself, otherwise she be in some serious danger there. Instead, it's shooting straight down for the hostile animal.

Pfff!

The celestial fox obviously sensed the danger behind itself and also tried to dodge, unfortunately the creature it was already too late. The arrow had pierced through its chest and stained the ground with a whole puddle of red.

Chapter 1272 - Celestial Fox (2)

Despite the audible thud as the celestial fox crashed into the ground, the creature never once took its eyes off Bai Xiachen's figure. It's as if it still didn't understand what's happening....

Meanwhile further behind where Bai Yan stood, a beautiful young-looking maiden had come out with a bow in hand. Proud and cocky in the face: "Celestial Fox, I've waited a long time for you to come out. Let's see how you will escape from us!"

It took a moment for Bai Yan to come back to her senses from all this, but when she did, her eyes dilated inwards and caused her to jerk into action. Pulling a bottle out from storage, she swiftly gathered the needed blood and handed it to her boy.

"Xiachen, leave here with your siblings. Find a safe place and then drink this blood."

Unfortunately, the kid clearly didn't agree and firmly shook his little head.

"Leave now!" She frowns, "Don't forget, you said you have to protect your sister, I'll handle the matter here so leave!"

Despite the unwillingness to depart, Bai Xiachen nevertheless did as told after casting a look down to the two babies in his arms. He ran for the nearby bushes to first get cover.

"This celestial fox was first discovered by me so its mine!" said the young beautiful maiden who had a cocky appearance. "So you better scram!"

Pursing her own lip, Bai Yan ignored the clamor and reached for a medicinal pill instead to hand over to the fox.

"Eat this." Startled by what it's seeing, the celestial fox didn't understand why a human would want to save itself.

"You hurt me, but you also saved my son so we're even now. This pill is the reward for what you gave."

Not giving a proper reply, the celestial fox swallowed the offering without struggle. It understood there's nothing else to lose at this point and that was the right choice because the bleeding and pain immediately stopped.

"Who allowed you to touch my thing?!" The pompous girl exclaims, eyes flaring with anger.

Expressionless on her own face still, Bai Yan slowly gets back up from leaning down to confront the livid girl, "Who says this fox is yours? She was drawn in because of me and has nothing to do with you."

Snorting at the rebuttal, the girl smirks derisively: "I am the Big Miss of the Celestial Clan, and our relationship with the Celestial Palace is deep and intertwined. If you offend me then only bad things will come your way. This celestial fox is something I've had my eye on for a long while so naturally its mine! Those who try to rob me of my things will never end well!"

Unfazed by the useless threat, Bai Yan tightly grasps onto her Godslayer which glinted dangerously under her wield: "I will not let you have it!"

"In that case then don't blame me for being ruthless!" Gritting with frustration, the arrogant lass snaps back to her party, "You bunch go kill this woman for me! I'm taking this celestial fox now!"

"Yes, Miss!" Immediately, the group surrounded the target from all sides, their weapons brandishing with killing intent.

Even so, despite having no room for escape at this point, Bai Yan didn't fret and looked on with uncaring indifference. Truth was she already figured out their strength – one lower level High Divine, eight average Middle Divine, and a dozen entry level Middle Divines.

Chapter 1273 - Celestial Fox (3)

It's exactly then the group attacked, leaving only the High Divine assailant in the back to observe.

Bai Yan saw this and reacted of course. The first to come at her was a Middle Divine which she blocked with her sword, but the force alone still managed to push her back several feet. Even worse was the internal injury, she's almost ready to throw up blood due to just giving birth.....

"Uuuoohhhh. "

The celestial fox struggled to get up using this chance, but its body was too severely injured and lacked the strength. After several attempts, it fell back down and couldn't move.

At the same time, Shen Tian Yu (girl) once again drew her bow using a thin sword from her back basket. This was the same weapon she used to injure the fox the first time around and it's sparking with purplish zaps of lightning even before it's shot. Her aim, the head of the celestial fox.

Despite already fending off multiple individuals after being ganged up upon, Bai Yan still noticed this and had the time to stop her. With a swinging wave of her Godslayer, she sets off a storm of dust and cloud at the cheeky lass and blinded her sight.

Livid at the interruption, Shen Tian Yu yells out again: "What are you all waiting for, hurry and finish this blasted woman! I want to give her a real beating for attacking me!"

In order to succeed in this hunt, she deliberately took out the Thunder Bow from her father's treasury just to catch the animal because it's able to suppress the incredible speed of fast creatures. And since the celestial fox only had its speed going for it, the bow was the perfect weapon.

......

As the battle continued to drag on, Bai Yan's condition worsened and began to show visible signs of deterioration. She's losing strength incredibly fast following each strike and sweat could be seen along her forehead at this point. It's so bad that even the Dan pills in her possession aren't able to recoup the energy loss.

Just like that, an unexpected palm strike eventually hits her from the back and causes her to fly forward until she hits a nearby tree. She's covered in blood as a result, mainly due to her spewing it from the mouth and sprinkling along the dress. Things are not looking good at this rate.

"I really don't know if you are stupid or not, going this far for a simple animal. That celestial fox can at most only be turned into a vest, why are you making our Celestial Clan into your enemy, is it worth it?" Shen Tian Yu says this with a cold grin and contemptuous eyes.

That's right, the sole reason this arrogant lass was after the fox was because of that snowy white fur. She wants to turn it into a vest for herself to wear, a fashion statement.

Swaying as she forces herself to get back up, Bai Yan decisively wipes the trickle of blood from her mouth: "I've already said it, you can't take it away!"

I've already said it, you can't take it away...

Those words were like a shocking revelation for the celestial fox. Looking up with tears of gratitude pouring forward, the fox kept sobbing and making cries of sadness.

Swish!

The man who was the High Divine level finally took action then after watching idly from the sidelines for so long. Drawing that burning sword of his from the scabbard, the person went straight for Bai Yan's sloppy figure.

Chapter 1274 - Celestial Fox (4)

But right before the killing blow could be made against Bai Yan who was already at her last leg in that critical moment, a snowy white figure suddenly dashes in and deflects the sword. Even so, the attack of a High Divine wasn't to be trifled with. Instantly, the poor fox got knocked backwards and crashed into the nearest cluster of bushes.

......

Bai Yan got stiff as a rock once she realizes what just transpired. There's an indescribable sensation brewing within her heart and she didn't know what it was.

Truth be told, the main reason she helped save the celestial fox in the beginning wasn't really out of concern for the poor creature, it's for the sake of her own son. The blood she collected was at most a single vial's worth, what if he needed more in order to recover?

However.....

She honestly didn't think that the celestial fox would take such a ferocious blow for herself in the final moment!

Its body is so frail and thin, how can it bear the blow?

Staggering over to the near lifeless fox, she reaches down with her trembling hands and held the poor thing up to her face. As much as she wanted to hold back the emotions, the tears just won't stop and trickled down the lady's cheek to showcase her sorrow for the situation.

"Why?"

Even though the celestial fox didn't have any malice or ill intent from when they first met, the fact remains the little thing attacked her. So what's going on here? All she did was protect the fox one time and it's going this far and would even go as far as to throw her life away?

Who said demonic beasts are heartless and cruel? They are more affectionate than humankind!

Perhaps the celestial fox was able to sense the aching emotions in the lady, but the poor thing actually began to lick Bai Yan's hand as if to comfort her.

Not wanting to know what would happen if she's slow now, the woman swiftly pulls out another bottle of healing tonic – a much higher grade of medicine – to pour onto the fox's wound. Then as if worried that's not enough, she brings out another pill to feed it.

Naturally the little thing didn't reject the offering and ate it without a thought. Just that instead of wariness, the fox's tail was wagging left and right like an animal that's being petted.

......

Bang!

Countless attacks rained down from the rear yet again. In her urgency, Bai Yan's only recourse was to use her own body as a shield for the celestial fox against those aggressive strikes. Due to this, she got blown away yet again, and this time the blood from her mouth was even worse than the last as it splattered along the snow-covered ground.

"Mother!"

In the moment where she landed, a childish cry of fear came from the back, thus causing the poor woman to go rigidly stiff. Looking up, she could see it was her own son running over.

"Xiachen, did I not tell you to leave with your siblings?" Bai Yan cries out with her face going pale.

Already coming before his mother, the little steambun was firm and strong right now. "Don't worry Mother, I've already hidden my brother and sister somewhere, they won't be in danger."

"You..." gasping at her son's reddish eye still being there, "didn't you take the vial of blood I gave you? it must be fresh for it to be effective, otherwise it will lose its use."

The boy didn't give a direct answer, only twisting his head to one side to show that brilliant smile that he always does: "Mother, if one day I can't be with you anymore.... Will you miss me?"

A shudder ran through the poor mother's heart, pulling her mood to the bottom. "Don't talk nonsense Xiachen! You will never leave me!"

Chapter 1275 - Di Cang's Arrival (1)

By this point the enemies are done listening to their conversation and began to attack. Due to this, Bai Yan had no choice but to let the fox in her hand down so she could fight. She's ready to make the final stand with her Godslayer at this stage of the battle.

"Xiachen, you wait here for me." Giving one last hug to her boy, she firmly holds onto her blade for the impending showdown.

The closest enemy to the woman surely knew what she intended to do next, but even then, it wasn't enough to protect themselves from the incredible burst of force coming out of the sword once Bai Yan activated its power with her own. It blew the first line of attackers right off their feet.

Knowing this was her chance, Bai Yan quickly uses this opening to swallow one of her replenishment pills to regain some strength. Unfortunately, perhaps it's because of how often she ate this pill already during the fighting, but the speed in which she healed had clearly reduced significantly compared to earlier.

In fact, the only reason she's even able to stand upright was thanks to the sword in her hand, otherwise she would've collapsed back to the ground, that's how exhausted she truly was inside.

"You all move aside!"

The High Divine elder finally lost his patience and snapped out to his subordinates. Immediately, the circling line splits apart and created an opening for the person to come forward.

"Girl, I admit your perseverance is worthy of admiration. However..." Sarcastically sneering, "You are but a small grain among the many, while our Miss here is the shining moon in the night sky, you can never compete with her. Only doom and misery await people like you!"

Boom!

In an instant, the wind surges all around the area, created by the massive strength coming out of the grey robed elder when he raised his hand to strike.

This old man clearly didn't use his all when attacking Bai Yan the first time around, but now he's no longer fooling around and mustered everything into his strike. If it lands, a sure kill would be the only ending.

But not all hope was lost....

Right as Bai Yan's finding it difficult just to breath under that oppressive might, Bai Xiachen suddenly threw himself in front of that oncoming attack. This should've been the worst outcome possible, having a kid die in front of his own mother. Yet this doesn't seem to be the case. The kid's entire body was shrouded in a freaky flame of red that oozed a sense of danger and carnage. It's as if his soul has been consumed by the nine levels of hell and reborn as a devil!

Mother, if one day I can no longer stay by your side.... Will you miss me?

Those words once again rang across her mind. She wanted to cry out for him to stop, but the voice in her throat just wouldn't come out like someone had ripped it out of her body. So, the only thing this poor woman knew how to do was to try to reach out with her hands, yet....

Right before Bai Yan's fingers could make contact, that once adorable little steambun had turned around again with his head to meet hers. Unlike before though, there's no longer that kind and warm gaze she's come to expect, only cold hard indifference in those red irises that seemingly felt devoid of humanity.

Cusping her mouth with both hands, she now understood what has happened....

Chapter 1276 - Di Cang's Arrival (2)

She's never seen her son in such a state before, at the very least, not to this extent. For example, even though Bai Xiachen did come close when those shadow guards tried to kill them both on the cusp of the Demon Realm's border, the kid still had a sense of humanity left in him, but there's none of that anymore....

"Uuuoohhh."

Able to sense the strong level of sadness in Bai Yan's behavior, the celestial fox sobs for her and then made a timid look towards the boy. The little fella's body was shaking against that terrifying burning aura.

"Xiachen..." Reaching out with her hand, Bai Yan wanted to touch that face to reassure herself that the worst-case scenario hasn't happened yet. However, the boy himself wouldn't let her and turned back to face the enemies with his bloodthirsty eye.

Why is this happening?

Didn't Di Cang say the wisp of grudge must rely on Xiachen to survive?

Why does it look like my son is gone?

"Elder Shen, this is but a child, hurry up and kill him so we can move on." Shen Tian Yu forms a frown on the face and started to grow increasingly more impatient at the repeated delay.

Yet the old man didn't move as told. He's staring intently at the freakish boy because his heart was throbbing with unease right now, something that shouldn't be possible.

The rest of the goonies on the other hand couldn't care less. In their mind, such a child wouldn't pose a threat at all and they themselves only need to heed Shen Tian Yu's command.

Of the bunch, the one at the forefront moved the fastest and he's also the one who swung his weapon at the boy first. But speed wasn't a factor in this exchange though. Without moving an inch, Bai Xiachen just stared at the assailant and froze him in the air like a petrified statue!

It's then under this state the horrified individual felt it, the monumental force of a mountain's worth coming in from all sides against his limbs. For those watching in the back, too afraid to intervene, they only saw their poor comrade being flatted little by little. Before they knew, what used to be a human being has now become a pile of flesh, a meat pie in the shape of a cube!

No words could begin to explain the intense horror circulating across this mountain peak right now. Simply speechless, that's all there was to it.

"Run!" The first to come back to their senses was the High Divine Elder Shen. He turned tail and fled at the highest speed his body would allow.

But there's no way the little red eye devil here would allow this group to leave, would he?

In a flash of blurring movement, the boy was already in front of the elder and firmly grasping onto that shoulder. With a horrific sound of flesh and bone being torn, he rips that arm right off and causes blood to splatter everywhere, staining him and the snow-white ground!

The old fella screamed in pain, but he could not care so much anymore. In a swift and decisive act, he grabs Shen Tian Yu with his remaining good arm and fled for the bottom of the mountain. Meanwhile the others weren't so lucky in this case. Their speed was nowhere as fast and swiftly fell one by one under the hands of the little steambun.

Once he was done with that, Bai Xiachen returns again to face Bai Yan, his eyes a glow of eerie red.

Chapter 1277 - Di Cang's Arrival (3)

In light of those murderous eyes, Bai Yan didn't feel fear at all. She's the mother of this boy so the only thing she wants to do right now was to smile at him and give him a hug.

"I know you want me to hold you, I'm here now so come to my arms. But you and your brother are both my children, and I know you are a good child at heart, so.... can you tell me where he went?"

Di Cang mentioned it to her before, this Xiachen was the previous incarnation of her own unborn child, making this grudge effectively her own baby.

Despite the plea and effort to rouse a conversation, this version of the little steambun didn't reply, only slowly walking over with that expressionless face and dangerous looking set of eyes that frightened even the strongest of hearts. Even so, despite all these warning flags of danger, Bai Yan didn't flinch or cower, she only wanted to reach out to give him a hug, which she did try to do once they were only a few feet apart.

However, it's right at this crucial moment that a beam of purplish spark came shooting down from the sky. Next thing the woman knew was that she has found herself in the arms of her own husband.

"OuuuHHHH!" The celestial fox instantly had its fur raised as soon as it saw Di Cang's peerless face. The behavior of the little creature was similar to someone stepping on its tail because it completely ignored its own injury then and ran for the peak.

At this stage Bai Yan didn't have the attention or energy left to worry about the fox's departure. Stiffly asking the man holding herself: "Di Cang, what are you doing here?"

"If I didn't come then how are you supposed to take care of yourself? He's not our son anymore. Once he's possessed by that grudge, he will no longer recognize any of us!"

Bai Yan knew that of course, she's not foolish or blind to the fact that her boy's condition are spiraling out of control, but... but it's still her son!

"I can handle this," raising her hand, she pushes Di Cang aside so that she could look at her boy again. Smiling in the face, "Child, don't be afraid and come to me, I will protect you."

Bai Xiachen still didn't utter a single word, only staring straight at Di Cang's figure. Then as if able to sense the hostility towards itself, the little figure started to release its killing intent before he suddenly pounced at his old man's throat.

Kill!

Kill everyone!

Di Cang's expression darkened at this picture. Nevertheless, the only reaction he did was to sidestep and narrowly avoided the punch.

"Di Cang!"

Seeing how the two males of his life are about to go at each other's throat, Bai Yan also lost it. Without thinking, she threw herself in between them both.

Bang!

That punch heavily hits into her stomach, causing blood to spew out of her mouth for the third time today.

"Yan'er!" Exclaiming with a face so white it's frightening, Di Cang quickly rushes up to catch the collapsing woman, "Why did you block it? This little thing is not my opponent!"

Coughing as she tried to speak, Bai Yan somehow manages to struggle back despite her terrible state, "I'm fine, you don't have to worry."

Besides, she doesn't want them to fight....

Meanwhile on the other side, Bai Xiachen's bloodthirsty eyes had stopped locking onto the demon king, instead it's fixated on his own little fist. It's clear that something was stirring inside his heart because it looks like incredible pain was going through that face right now.

Chapter 1278 - Di Cang's Arrival (4)

Why......

Why is this happening?

I killed so many people already and didn't feel a thing, so why is my heart throbbing so badly right now from just punching her?

It's like... I forgot something important....

"You mustn't hurt Mother!" Its then a voice echoed within his mind, causing the boy to squat down and hold his head in agony.

"I am willing to give you forever control of this body provided that you protect Mother! If you dare to hurt her then I will rather destroy my own soul to take you with me!" The echoing voice may be childish, but it's filled with anger and rage.

"Shut up, you shut up!" The more he said that, the more in pain the kid seems to be in.

"She is our mother, and the most important person in my life. You are right, I am too weak, too weak to protect my mother. It's the reason I gave you control of my body, its to protect our mother so how can you hurt her?"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!" He suddenly breaks out into a scream like he's tearing his heart out.

Then without any indication, he shoots up from the ground and glared at everything in his vicinity.

"I'm going to kill, kill everyone!"

In his heart, there has always been a voice, it told him he must kill everything in this world, only then can he feel safe inside. Therefore, he must not let anyone interfere with his mind!

"I said it already, you're not allowed to hurt Mother!"

Bang!

The little boy quickly rushed at his parents with his body bursting into flame. Despite this fact, he ignored it and continued to move forward with increased vigor.

"Xiachen!!!"

Bai Yan nearly lost her soul watching the self-destructing image of her own son. Pushing her husband aside without a second thought, she rushed forward as well and forcefully pulled the kid into her arms.

If it was a normal flame than this act would've been a huge mistake for the woman – she would be severely burned. However, it's as if the fire had a mind of its own but the hot temperature didn't harm her one bit, nevertheless it still left her heart thumping with anxiety.

"Xiachen, I know you're there. You've always been there... You killed those people for me, that's why you gave him control of your body and sealed yourself, right?" Shaking in her hand, Bai Yan's tears wouldn't stop trickling out.

The little boy's body froze over that plea, Why is this embrace so warm? Why is it so nostalgic?

"Xiachen, you have already sacrificed your freedom for me so why are you doing this to yourself? Do you want me to grieve the rest of my life after you die?"

It's obvious to Bai Yan this burning flame was the result of her own son trying to stop this grudge from hurting her, that's why he's burning his own soul as the expense to put an end to this tragedy. After all, a grudge wouldn't be a grudge if the soul itself was destroyed!

"Listen to me Xiachen, the reason I searched for the celestial fox's blood is because I didn't want him to disappear, but I also don't want your destruction to be the price! You are my child, the baby I bore after ten months! If you are gone then I can't live either!"

Chapter 1279 - Di Cang's Arrival (5)

Do not know if her words truly did have an effect or not, but the killing intent hovering around the boy's body did start showing signs of dissipating following her plea this time around. Eventually, even the burning flame had disappeared and returned to the dormant silence from within....

In spite of this sudden turn of event, Bai Yan didn't let go of her hands, instead she hugged the little boy even tighter until tears began to drip down to those shoulders....

"Yan'er." DI Cang's gaze never once left his son's figure during all this. Though he could tell the most critical moment has passed with the kid, but he still wouldn't leave it up to chance or his guard down.

"Let go first. I will eliminate this wisp of grudge from his body. Xiachen's soul is sealed within his body right now so there won't be any effect on him. At most he will sleep for a period. Afterwards I will find a way to lift the seal and free him again."

Bai Yan's body had frozen over regarding that suggestion because her mind immediately shot back to the time where she met that ghoul like version of her son. That grievance, that sadness, it could never be forgotten, that's how memorable that image was in her memory.

Half a ring later, she turns back to face her husband: "Di Cang, I still want to try...."

"He doesn't remember you, and has no humanity inside of him, you have to know this point!" he frowns and explains again.

Bai Yan on the other hand was done with the conversation. Returning to the boy, she doesn't stop smiling in a reassuring and warm manner.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you back then, You must've wanted to come to this world, and you must've wanted me to hold you, right?"

The little boy's body shuddered a bit over the notion, regardless, he still allowed those hands to reach over without struggle. That warmth, it's breathtakingly comfortable for some reason and he didn't want to reject this feeling like a lost little lamb...

"Don't worry, those who harmed us and made us separate in the past life, I won't let any of them go!" Firm in her eyes as she makes that vow, the woman then prints a kiss on the child's forehead to seal the promise. "I will also find a way to protect both you and Xiachen, I won't let either of you disappear!"

That finally did it. The bloodthirstiness which plagued the boy for oh so long has finally dispersed, replaced entirely by tears and a sobbing cry of a childish voice. Though its dry and hoarse like the dead, it's still that of a child's!

"Mother..." Crossing the barrier of time and space, this poor baby finally has his chance to call out the one word he never could.

Quivering across her body over this cry of a baby to their mother, Bai Yan hugged him even tighter like the act would never be enough.

Di Cang in the meantime could only stand on the side and silently watch the pair huddle together. He had no room to join us because right now it's their moment and not his.

Is this what they call mother and son bond? But why can he only remember his mother and not father? Isn't this a little too bias?

"Mother, I miss you..." As the boy says that, the dam holding back those tears has now collapsed and causes the fluid to stain the woman's dress.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

I never should've forgotten....

"No, the one to be sorry is me. I didn't protect you properly last life, but I promise you I will protect Xiachen for sure so don't worry."

Chapter 1280 - Di Cang's Arrival (6)

A big smile drew itself onto the little boy's face over that promise which roused a startled look from Bai Yan. In this mother's view, this ghoul like version of her son had always been sad and grieving, never did she ever seen him smile in any way or form. To think he too could make such a warm and brilliant smile was beyond her expectations.

"Mother, being able to hold you like this, I'm finally.... Satisfied."

Of the many reasons his grudge would never disperse even after reincarnation, one was because he died before being born at the hands of those people, the other was that he couldn't give Bai Yan a real huge in light of coming so close to entering this world. He only wants to embrace his mother, just once, even once would've been enough.

"But Mother, between me and him, which do you like more?" With his reddishly blood colored eyes, the boy looks up with hope and anticipation.

"If, only one of us can exist, which of us will you choose?"

The question left Bai Yan choked for words because that's a dilemma no parent would ever want to choose.

Obviously sensing the hesitancy in her voice, the boy hangs his head down again: "I am not a person, I'm only a wisp of grudge left behind from the previous life. If between an unreal entity like myself and a real soul, I know Mother will choose the soul. It's okay, I understand, I'm the unwanted one here, after all, I should've been long gone by now."

Hurrying to hug him even tighter, Bai Yan frowns and refutes that logic: "Don't say anything stupid! Since when have I thought of you as an unreal entity? You are my child, you and Xiachen, both are my baby boys. Don't worry, with the help of the celestial fox's blood, you two can live together in equilibrium."

Shaking his little head, the boy knew that's not true. "No, I can sense the power coming off of the celestial fox's blood. It will transfer my strength to Xiachen, by then... I will disappear on my own."

What?

Bai Yan's figure visibly stiffened up.

If he takes the blood of the celestial fox then he will disappear?

So that means Chu Yi God deceived me?

"Mother, the reason I went to your dream to search for you is because I was unhappy and resentful of not being able to accompany you, and.... I couldn't hug you! Now that I know you love me, I am satisfied...."

Truth was this ghoul version of Bai Xiachen had always been able to see the outside world through the eyes of the regular version so he knew full well what Bai Yan intended to do with that fox blood. Pity though, the good gesture was for naught because it wouldn't have done what it was supposed to do....

"I've said it, I'll find a way to allow both of you to live in this body together!" Growing increasingly more anxious in the face, Bai Yan presses her hands against the boy's shoulder to show she means it.

Grinning: "Actually, what that person said is not entirely false. The celestial fox's blood can merge me and the other me together, just that I'm a grudge deprived from the soul in the past. It's the main reason why the other me is always so bright and happy, he's lacking the dark side that is I in his soul. If I merge with him then that would in essence bring us back into one, and I too would be part of him forever again."

Perhaps if this grudge hadn't existed to begin with and stayed with Bai Xiachen's soul from the start, his personality might not be as lovable and cuddly as now. Maybe this wasn't the real personality the little steambun should've had, maybe he needs this grudge to become whole again!

Stiffly turning to her own husband for confirmation, Bai Yan appeared almost distraught in the face: "Is what he said true? That he will disappear completely inside Xiachen's soul if I use the fox blood?"

As adamant as he was about bringing the bad news, Di Cang eventually nodded: "I never told you this method is because.... It's true. It can help our son become whole again, but it will also mean.... he over there will disappear for good and live on as another part of our boy."

Boom!

Like a sunny day being hit by a thunderstorm from out of the blue, Bai Yan's already injured and struggling body finally gave in. She could hardly keep her footing and fell to the ground, those fists tightly clenching from pain and anger until she could barely breath. It's suffocating knowing what she nearly did with her own two hands....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 1.1K 41
Maenya Targaryen. Born in 96 AC, The first child of Aemma and Viserys Targaryen, All seemed well, Maenya was "The gem of the Kingdoms" her younger si...
227K 614 70
Daily kinky pictures
2.7M 128K 49
when a rich spoiled bad boy Jeon Jung-hoon gets into an encounter with a Muslim girl and they become enemies so he bully her humiliates her and insul...
46.1K 5.2K 10
Dragonwall's queen no longer remembers who she is. Her magic is locked away at the hands of an evil sorcerer. Kane hoped to deal the drengr monarchy...