๐—œ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐—น๐˜†, ๏ฟฝ...

By kissesnmangos

๐ผ๐‘›๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘™๐‘ฆ: ๐‘Š๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘›; ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘๐‘–๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ. In this mystifying t... More

0 | ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ
1 | ๐Ÿ๐ž๐š๐ซ
2 | ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ
3 | ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ก
4 | ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐š๐ซ๐๐ž๐ ๐š๐ฉ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
5 | ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ 
6 | ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ ๐จ๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž
7 | ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐ž๐ญ
8 | ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ง ๐๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ
9 | ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ž
10 | ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ ๐ฎ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ
11 | ๐ฉ๐š๐ข๐ง
12 | ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ข๐ญ ๐œ๐š๐ข๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ก๐š
13 | ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž, ๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ
14 | ๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ž
15 | ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐
17 | ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž
18 | ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ
19 | ๐๐ข๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ
20 | ๐›๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ
21 | ๐›๐ซ๐š๐ข๐
22 | ๐ ๐š๐ข๐š

16 | ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ 

11 0 0
By kissesnmangos

NORA'S POV

✧˚ · .

I huffed in frustration, grabbing thin craft rope, tying the last bunch of flowers. Then, I started to make cutesy gold mesh ribbons onto the small bouquets— from the flowers that Lorenzo sent.

I was thinking of something to send to the women's shelter, classmates and friends just to give them a version of support. I knew that those flowers were just going to end up wilting away solely in my presence.

I wanted to share the elation that I felt while receiving these— with other people who probably have never accepted any or experienced the feeling of being cherished. Although I did not have time to write a note card for everyone, it's the thought that counts— at least I hope.

The girls at the womens' shelter that I visited were all survivors. Survivors of domestic abuse, poverty, rape and being taken advantage of. There were so many women that were denied support from their families, to do what is best for them.

Their pain was indescribable, everything and everyone was against them. I could feel the tears stinging through my eyes. With blurry vision, I would listen to countless stories displaying the shear amount of resilience in their tone. It made me gain a whole different perspective of these strong ass women.

I could never understand their pain, having a loving and beautiful family— but I hoped that I could be their family through many different ways.

At first I wanted to be a contract Lawyer but after seeing both men and women struggle from custody battles, both mothers and fathers refusing to pay child support.

I realized I wanted to be a Family Law attorney after awhile. Right now, I was completing my second out of four years to acquire my Bachelors degree in Sociology after applying for Law School.

I know this odd, but Alaina and I applied for law school two years early, just to get an early acceptance which was rare but we were completing our studies very rapidly.

I just ranted about law school for so long, but it is a big part of my life. Something I worked towards since High School.

I save a whole bunch of flowers for myself, grinning profusely; as I placed them in my favorite ceramic vase with cute little florets drawn.

Verdammt! I had only twenty minutes to drop these off at the shelter. I quickly grab my longchamp bag and the huge reusable grocery bag.

I slipped on my Chanel slippers that Alaina gifted me. They're so gorgeous, a crème color with little pearls on the strap. They match my beach tee-shirt, I realize.

I wore my denim shorts under. These pair of shorts, have been through a lot with me. Bicycle rides throughout the sunny neighborhoods in California, gas station visits and water gun fights.

[Translation: Dammit!]

So cute! Even though my outfit plus my updo wasn't the best, the sandals definitely made me feel much better.

I leave the apartment door, closing all the windows— tiding up all the cut up rope and mesh on the floor then sprinting to the women's shelter.

The warm older lady at the front desk was taken aback by my abrupt arrival but thanked me for the flowers and food— giving me a grandmotherly hug that made me feel fuzzy.

A smile was on my face the entire walk back to Columbia. My class was in five minutes, and the students were always late so I didn't feel the need to sprint again.

Thank the lord, I was a track runner in High School. I was pretty bad at it, as I ran the a thousand meter and would always come second to last.

What? It was the only sport I could do...

The relentless California sun didn't really help, but my endurance definitely went up; even though I joined sophomore year. I made a few friends along the season as well. Track was also where I met my friend, Adelina who moved from Italy when she was eight.

Now that I am thinking about our friendship, Adelina was a far better runner than I was. She always placed first at every single race— even attempting a half marathon at fifteen-years-old. 

Adelina and I grew into best-friends, but her memory is something my brain always tended to try and forget.

Memories of the kidnapping were also withering away as my brain was adamant on blocking out any traumatic events. But, as I walk I think about Adelina who loved flowers just as much as I did.

Adelina was even worse than me regarding flowers. That says a lot. She knew what each flower represented, each meaning resonating with her deeply. Till this day, I cannot even comprehend her death. It was such a disrespectful way of passing.

This guy had asked her to date him, but Adelina was very set on finding the one. It was something we always talked about during practice, planning our wedding on a two-thousand meter set of repeats.

Adelina rejected this guy who couldn't handle hearing "No," even with a thank you.

I was never really good at making friends in High School nor did I want to because my mom was my best-friend. Mama had me at fifteen so naturally we were extremely close.

I had seen too many friendship breakups and betrayals that it frightened me to open up. All my friends from middle-school and elementary were scattered throughout the entirety of California; leaving me alone.

It never really settled to me how to remake friends until maybe junior year. Adelina was my first best-friend and she was genuinely a really great person. She was popular, having friends she's known since elementary, so the only time we'd really reconnect was track.

Nobody wanted to be long distance runner.

I remember the first time she hung out at my house, she's the first ever friend that I even allowed to a space so important to me but she felt like a sister then.

We'd grown closer after such a short period of time. It was nice: making ramen, watching movies, going to cafés, running races and even just walking around the neighborhood.

I finally let myself reminisce this painful memory after four years.

Adelina was apparently, based off of the news and her family on an outing in Northern California with her friends when she forgot to call home to ask for a ride. Instead she walked alone, and the same guy she rejected stabbed her multiple times.

He had been stalking her, ever since she rejected him. Adelina passed away with his initial carved on her stomach. The guy was sentenced life in prison.

Her death was eerie. Adelina was such a presence, that it felt wrong running without her slowing down to converse with me. I quit track, junior year after a single day of practice without her.

I've never seen a funeral with more flowers than Adelina Rialla Kapazioni. It still infuriates me that she had to pass away in this manner, and her life was cut this short.

Maybe I might start running again, just to keep Ade's memory alive. Now that she's not stuck in the back of my mind I feel so healed.

Thank you Ade, and to all the people that died in a similar way to Adelina, I hope you are resting in peace.

✧˚ · .

I had around three classes the entire day spread out at different times. In between each class I studied at a nearby Cafè— glancing at my phone for a reply from him; feeling oddly over-fatigued.

Usually after a couple of drinks the night before, I'm not this tired. This is actually so weird for me. If I lay my head down I will seriously fall asleep.

TMI, but I've also been peeing like a lot recently. I always drink like a crazy amount of water everyday, but never frequented the bathroom this much.

I feel so off today and I was completely fine this morning. Even Alaina and Emi have noticed my weird irritability, which is normal but today it was not in a joking type of manner.

It was as if I'm genuinely irritated.

Currently, I am at my last class before I head out with Alaina and Emi. I can't even concentrate on writing notes while my professor is lecturing because my hands are so shaky.

My gosh.

The lecture is over now, yet the entire time I was shaking. I can feel the sweat starting to form as little beads on my neck. My classmates are thanking me for the flowers and I nod wearily to be nice, but honestly all I can think about is how much I want to lie down.

My hands are clammy, and I'm gripping onto my bag until I could see my knuckles whiten. I walk slowly to the courtyard, spotting Emi and Alaina.

They reach over to give me a hug, my vision starting to blur. They're speaking to me but my hearing is fading until my vision goes completely black and I feel myself limp in both of their arms.

✧˚ · .

A/N ୨♡୧
i am so proud of my nora, but what's to come?
my poor love!

see you soon.

kisses,
— z

Her cute sandals!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.3K 27
Her siren ebony eyes sang to him a beautiful melody of fear so hypnotizing that he could not find it in himself to look away. For the first time, he...
223K 2.1K 35
(Ongoing) What happens when a phsycotic world feared mafia want an innocent girl.....Read to find out โš ๏ธ Warning โš ๏ธ This book contains: *Mature scen...
20.4K 296 48
โ™ก MAFIA ROMANCE โ™ก *BOOK 2 OF LOVE SERIES* He licked his lips softly. "Do you want me to kiss you, Mia amore?" I almost moaned as he called me that...
120K 4.3K 37
"Please, Let me go!" She pleaded, her body shaking, her voice trembling due to fear. She struggled and fought to let herself free, but he was just...