Finding a New Normal

By ShaeRobyn

Taylor Swifts entire life is turned upside down when the love of her life, her young daughter is diagnosed wi... More

Something is wrong
Diagnosed
Ups and Downs
Better days a head
Bad boyfriends and award shows
The Shocking continues

Shocked!

276 4 1
By ShaeRobyn

TW: Kanye west, talk about medical issues, side effects from being on medications, heart problems, emergency rooms, hospitals.

.

Taylor looked at her phone disappointed. She knew she should be focused on the fact that she was at the Grammy's with her friends and her daughter, Belle. Excited about how she just got to relax and enjoy the performances tonight because all she had to do was present. But she couldn't get her mind of the fact that her boyfriend Calvin Harris of one year had barely texted her since Belle had been admitted to the hospital. Simply with a "sorry to hear about your daughter when the news hit." 

Karlie meanwhile literally dropped everything to come visit her and her daughter in the hospital. 

"Mom, what's wrong?" Asked Belle.  

"Nothing honey I'm fine." Taylor replied.

"Is it okay if I go get some water asked Belle?" Since the show was on a filming break. 

"Sure. I can come with you." Suggested Taylor. "Or do you want me to send Selena?"

Belle sighed, "mom I think I'll be fine going to get a drink by myself it's right there," her daughter pointed to the bar that was just a few feet away. 

Taylor seemed to consider this. "Okay," she relented. "But be careful." 

"Awesome. Thanks mom."

After getting her water Belle turned around to go back to your seat when she almost bumped into her least favorite person, Kanye west. Belle really didn't like that him and her mom were on good terms again she really didn't trust him or his wife, Kim.

"It's you again," he says in an almost disgusted voice. "What are you even doing here?" 

"I'm here with my mom," Belle said calmly. 

"This award show is for people who are actually talented," he laughed.

"Then why are you here?" 

"You little bitch," he said taking a sip of his drink.

"You're an asshole just like your mother," he glared before walking away.

"Hey, you okay?" Selena asked walking up to Belle. "What did he say to you?"

"Nothing," Belle really didn't want to start anymore drama between him and her mom. 

"You look upset," said Selena bending down to Belle's level.

"I'm fine I just don't like him after what he did to my mom," said Belle. "I don't think you guys should trust him." 

"I know," sighed Selena. "If you want to talk I'm always here. But for now we should get back to our seats the shows about to start again. 

Aside from the Kanye west incident the rest of the night ran smoothly and Belle managed to have a lot of fun watching the acts that performed at the Grammys that night. She also really enjoyed talking to auntie Selena and the Haim sisters as well. 

Taylor decided the after party probably wouldn't be appropriate for someone Belle's age and the mother/daughter duo went home to watch movies with Selena and eat takeout instead. 

.

It was now a couple days after the Grammys and the mother/daughter duo was now in New York since Taylor was going to be on a couple of talk shows that week. Belle was starting to feel kind of depressed about her situation. The young girl had missed so many days of school from being in the hospital she had a small panic attack trying to catch up so Taylor decided it'd be best to homeschool her daughter for the rest of the year. 

Belle loved her mom, she did it's just that she really missed not seeing her friends. The young girl also really enjoyed the challenge of her classes since school was something she was usually pretty good at. Normally, Belle traveled with Taylor when she went on big trips like tour or Taylor made sure to limit how often she was away. In the past if Belle couldn't go with Taylor she'd stay with Andrea instead of a nanny. However, Belle was now with Taylor twenty four seven and yeah her mom may be the Taylor Swift but it still didn't feel like the coolest thing to do.

So Belle was currently just moping around without much to do having finished her homeschool for the day when Taylor walked into her room. "Sweetheart, I really don't think it's good for you to be laying around watching TV all day," she sighed. 

Belle shrugged, "what else am I supposed to do? All my friends are back in Nashville." 

"Want to make cookies?" Asked Taylor. 

This seemed to cheer up Belle slightly, "chocolate chip?"

"Of  course." 

Taylor poured flour into the bowl while Belle cracked the eggs and unwrapped the amount of butter they would need. "I saw that." 

"Saw what?" Asked Belle innocently. 

"That you stole a chocolate chip," replied Taylor.

"You must have been seeing things." Joked Belle.

Taylor reached down and grabbed a chocolate chip before eating it herself. 

"Hey, I saw that," Belle mocked making Taylor laugh. 

Taylor finished filling the tray with cookie dough before placing it in the oven and letting it bake for 14 minutes. 

"I'm sorry we had to pull you from school babe," said Taylor once her and Belle were eating their cookies. 

"It's okay," shrugged Belle "it's not your fault." 

"I know I just hate that you're having to go through all of this." 

"I'm just worried about my future," admitted Belle. "I wanna be able to live my life how I used to."

"I promised we're going to do our best to make sure you live a life that's even better and more fulfilling than before baby girl."

"Thanks mom. Oh and happy Valentine's Day." Belle said remembering. 

"Thanks baby but you didn't think I forgot did you?" Asked Taylor.

"What do you mean?" 

"Wait right here," said Taylor quickly walking into her room before coming back with a small gift basket. Inside was a small adorable stuffed bear, some of Belle's favorite candy, a set of bath and body works products, a single pink rose, and a small light blue box. 

"You got me Tiffany's?"

Taylor nodded, "open it." 

The box revealed a silver starfish earrings which suited Belle perfectly. Despite her name Belle's favorite Disney Princess was Ariel because she was obsessed with mermaids and always loved the ocean.

"Mom I love them their perfect," Belle said hugging Taylor. "Thank you so much, but I didn't get you anything."

"That's okay, sweetheart. You're and always will be the best gift that I ever could've asked for."

Belle smiled as she put the earrings on "people are going to think I'm a mermaid when I wear these," she joked.

"Definitely," Taylor teased. "Happy Valentine's Day, baby."

.

At this point Belle was just convinced the universe just hated her. She thought she was supposed to be used to all her medication by now. However she woke up this morning feeling like she'd been hit by a truck...again. 

Not only was she dealing with nausea but she was also exhausted like she was before she got diagnosed and she had a skull splitting headache thanks to the blood thinners she was taking. 

So Belle laid in Taylor's arms trying to focus on her moms' comforting touch, "I'm sorry your head hurts angel. Is there anything I can get you?"

"I don't know mommy. This just really sucks."

"I know sweet girl." 

Taylor wanted to cry almost as much as Belle did seeing her little girl in pain again, she felt so helpless.  Taylor had called the doctor asking him what to do along with scouring the internet for answers.However Belle would apparently just have her good and bad days because of the medications. 

The lights were currently off and the curtains were closed. Belle just couldn't understand why the same pills that were supposed to be keeping her alive also made her feel like she was slowly dying inside. 

"Do you think an ice pack or heating pad would help, darling?"

"Ice."

Taylor nodded heartbroken and kissed her daughters' forehead before heading down to the kitchen to quickly grab an ice pack. 

"Okay, I'm back Princess, can you turn over for me?"

Belle opened her eyes slowly and noticed her mom's blue eyes were filled with sadness and concern, the spark they usually held when her princess was with her were nowhere to be found. 

Taylor carefully got into bed next to her daughter and gently started massaging her temples rhythmically. "Does this feel okay, baby?"

"Yeah that feels great, thanks mom." Belle eventually fell asleep causing Taylor to sigh in relief. She was scheduled to go on Jimmy Fallon in a few days but if her daughter was still feeling this sick by then she was seriously considering canceling the appearance 

.

To both Taylor and Belle's relief a couple of days later Belle seemed to be having another one of her good days and felt fine. The mother/daughter duo were now getting ready to go to dinner with Reese Witherspoon and her daughter before her appearances on the late night show since she was a guest as well.

"That's a cute top babe," Taylor said when her daughter came out dressed in a cute little outfit. 

"Thanks mom."

"Are you excited to see Ava?" Asked Taylor 

"Yeah, it'll be great to catch up," said Belle referring to Reese's daughter who was around the same age. 

"B" 

"V" 

The two girls greeted each other excitedly upon walking through the restaurants side entrance to avoid photographers. "I missed you so much how've you been?" Asked Belle. 

"Oh you know the usual school, soccer, annoying brothers. You?" 

"Well I'd say the same but I'm guessing you've seen the news?"

"I have I'm sorry about your heart but I'm glad you're okay," she smiled. 

"Thanks, me too," replied Belle. "Hi Ms. Reese."

"Hi honey," replied the older blonde women as you all sat down at a quiet table towards the back 

.

While Taylor was filming the Jimmy Fallon show Belle noticed that her heart was starting to beat really fast again. It scared her because the last time it happened the girl ended up in cardiac arrest. So as soon as Belle told her mom how she was feeling it immediately alarmed Taylor.

"Alright, it's going to be okay sweet girl. Let's get you to the hospital," she said helping Belle put her coat on. 

Taylor's driver quickly escorted you both to the nearest hospital. "Your daughter is in AFIB," said the nurse at triage. "We need to get her into a bed and page cardiology." 

"Mom I'm scared my hearts gonna stop again," said Belle as the nurses helped her get in a wheelchair. 

"It won't baby I promise you're in safe hands now they're going to take care of you," said Taylor as they both were taken back into the emergency room.

.

The cardiologist confirmed that Belle was in fact in AFIB and would need to be cardioverted in order to get her heart back in sinus rhythm. Upon learning that it basically meant she was being electrocuted Belle was terrified.

"Wait, no I don't want to get shocked. Isn't that gonna hurt, mommy?"

"Shhh baby girl it's alright I wont let anything hurt you." Taylor said comforting her daughter as the medical staff began getting the supplies necessary to perform the procedure.

"We're going to have you sedated," reassured the doctor, "so you won't remember anything. You'll probably just be a little sore tomorrow."

Belle sighed in relief feeling slightly better about the whole thing. The doctor let Taylor stay and hold her daughter's hand while they inserted the IV but she would then be required to go out in the waiting room. "I'll be right here when you wake up baby, I promise."

"Okay, I love you mom."

"I love you more Angel," she replied as she kissed Belle's forehead.

Belle felt herself being pulled from consciousness as the nurse was placing these sticky pads on her chest.  The young girl just really hoped she would wake back up. 

.

Todays biology lesson

AFIB - a type of arrhythmia or abnormal heartbeat

Cardioversion - a medical procedure that uses quick low shocks to restore a regular heart rhythm. 

#taylorswift #taylorswiftmotherimagines #taylorswiftxdaughterreader #fluff #angst #heartdisease 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 247 11
10.1K 366 9
intertwined tayvis moments. also posted on ao3.
23K 467 19
Tayvis oneshots because they're adorable Disclaimer- this is completely fictional and I do not own any of these characters, and the timeline will not...
40.5K 503 13
exactly what the title says 🤍