take five, aventurine

By of-liyue

let's dance, prince of stratagem. aventurine x f!oc i'm a whore i know honkai star rail spoilers-penacony cha... More

A syncopated vying match: crystals in bramble.
CH1. cornerstones

(an odd signature at five-four...)

92 3 22
By of-liyue

LOCATION: Penacony, Asdana Star System
OBJECTIVE: Classified information. Major project manager positions open.
OPERATIVE(S): [ ... ]

The properties of chalcedony induce serenity and strength in one's voice, one's reason, and eases every knot and twist complicating an individual's mass of problems... but was this, as a name—a fancy moniker, enough to dilute the hustle and bustle within the Corporation's walls?

For this Stoneheart, it seemed as if it was enough.

This one of the Ten Stonehearts, Lady Chalcedony, never encountered any problems when in view of these giants of interastral peace.

CHALCEDONY━━a P46 plenipotentiary, architectural genius, financial servant, avid fan of wine, and has the best taste in dreamy jazz and classics. That is all you needed to know about this charming woman. With her, you could find a perfect night, even for a lowlife. She'd love to take you anywhere.

Unfortunately, we're stuck in cubicles and starship seats. All we can do is watch her shimmer and shine beneath the garish, white lights and dark space, preaching ideas of libertarianistic—at this point, libertine and at times lofty—causes. Even so, she finds success in her fleeting fancies and passion projects that threaten the calm of the Interastral Peace Corporation.

A CHALCEDONIAN PHILOSOPHY━━always finish what you start, and you'll have fun for the rest of your life and do as you please.

Her passion projects and their sentiments have infected the galaxy, inside the IPC and out, such ideas of decadence and revitalization of planets without much in return other than alliance becoming something of legend in the news broadcasts and beacon journals. She's helped millions with no expectancy for anything in return, something that trifled with the IPC's values when it came to funds, infrastructure—the Preservation.

A backhanded saint, they call her, but they can't help but comply sometimes—she is persuasive as she is passionate about her goals.

Said pathos is her form of accursed mesmerism.

CHALCEDONY'S TRAP━━mesmerism akin to the love for all bejeweled things. Her words are accompanied by a more visual approach to persuasion. In her dark eyes are smoky rings, spinning and churning into a vortex that was the pupil; she could hypnotize you, knock you down. While the mesmerism was used sparingly, she targeted clients, customers, maestros. A girl played to enjoy herself, but it never hurt to win the big bucks in paradise.

(For the sake of monetary Preservation, surely. Oh, this dame was Qlipoth's most rebellious soldier...)

Caprice is commonplace with Chalcedony, and the higher-ranked bitterly watch her nurture worlds and kiss their people goodbye whenever she felt fulfilled. In spite of it all, this garnered the IPC friendships, for once—agreements across the stars—so they could never turn her down.

Yet, this also had them put her into positions of forcing this kind of friendship. This is where the 'plenipotentiary' aspect comes into play.

LADY CHALCEDONY'S TROUBLES━━she was never fond of gambling.

She was never really fond of gamblers either.

So why did rumors even spiral that she once became involved with Agent Aventurine?

(Well, she loved taking chances... wasn't that the point of his game of luck? Though, that chance she had taken with him proved futile...)

        Lingering touches and hushed conversations couldn't be that obvious, but these IPC pricks were as nosy as they were diligent and egotistical. Most did it for the money, but they couldn't help but pry into the higher-ups lives as a means of entertainment. P40 and above were practically celebrity debutantes with more personality than they could ever have, so people like the charming Stonehearts became their target.

        Once upon a time, Chalcedony became involved with Aventurine.

        Then, they broke it off. Happily ever after. It shouldn't have mattered, but considering how the executive assistant to Diamond and the doorman near their office were able to listen in on Lady Chalcedony's conversation with Diamond about going on this mission to Penacony... yeah, those two did not end well. She refused to go but complied for the sake of her passion projects continuing to be begrudgingly supported by the Corporation.

        In the end, Diamond had her comply to this mission and word alongside Stoneheart Aventurine. "And if you want to stay on the low and get this over with," Diamond had rolled their eyes and told her, "keep it professional. I know you're outspoken, but you also know how to act at a decadent party. So act. That's what you've always been good at, Chalcedony."

        Chalcedony's inscrutable smile remained laced on her lips, laced with an underlying irritation. "I suppose that's true," she said. "What choice do I have?"

        She could tolerate this torture, linking elbows and sharing drinks with the one guy she couldn't stand among the ten Stonehearts. She could breeze through witnessing every smirk, every wink, and every tease being played out as if neither of them had done anything wrong to each other in the first place. And she could act coy and laugh and forget that this Charmony Festival had never happened—she would only do her job, as any upstanding corporate member and valued plenipotentiary would.

        Her rhythm could not be disturbed by one simple man who loved high stakes.

—————

AGENT/LADY
Chalcedony
s.her. michiko
malandro. 5☆S.
Phys—Harmony.

Level P46, rank
SS contractor &
decorated essayist.
Not above having
bourbon on the rocks.

take five━━intro chapter
"an odd signature at 5/4"

weeee look at me go!! look
at challie go!!!! the silly!!!!!
i love this woman. i hope u
guys like this whole exes to lvrs
thang goin on here cuz the
journey is gonna be soooooo

like it's gonna tease u sm its
ridiculous. hashtag will they
won't they sorta thingie :333

i'm having a pretty crappy
night (and week in general) so
i'll be writing in hopes of trying
to make myself feel better?? idk
just don't count on much
published 😭 i'm trying but ur
girl is inconsistent as shiiiiiiiiit xx

but you know what is consistent

my love for aventurine

😇😇😇

cya i love you guys stay safe
hydrated and educated,
check my mb for info on gaza
(no shame because this is more
important than my hyperfixations)
as well as resources for other things

i hope you enjoy

🤍 / bai

28 jan 2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 163 10
Satoru Gojo and Y/n have been married for four years. Both of them are busy sorcerers with hectic schedules, so they rarely spend time together, go o...
1.1M 19.2K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
8.4K 153 10
Dick and Babs have always had a special connection, a spark between the two of them since they met at the tender age of nine. Now, we go through the...
1.1M 61.9K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...