[HIATUS] BLACK CLOVER: The Fo...

By Xierryne

Book 0: The Foregone and Bygone STARTED December 19th, 2022 ENDED ??? Contains character details, original an... More

ANNOUNCEMENT. What Awaits Us
TABLE OF CONTENTS. The Past, Present, and Future
VOLUME 000 - The Beginning
CHAPTER NULL. What Cannot Be Changed
CHAPTER NULL. Warnings and Disclaimers
CHAPTER NULL. What Time Cannot Restore
VOLUME 001 - The Figures of the Present
CHAPTER I. All That Come and Go

CHAPTER II. The Bridge Between the Dead and the Living

27 3 0
By Xierryne

──────────────────────────

"I will protect them all, even if my body shatters into nothing but dust."

──────────────────────────

T H E⠀S K I N

the meaning of our existence.

NAME;

—⠀X I E R R A

"Xierra" is taken from the English word "sierra" which means a range of mountains, especially with a serrated or irregular outline. It is also taken from Latin, "serra", meaning "saw" or "jagged".

—⠀E O U S

"Eous" comes from a Latin suffix, "-eous", which means "like", "resembling", or "the nature of -". In Greek, "-eous" also means "dawn".

—⠀L I L Y A N T H O N E

"Lilyanthone" or "lily" is a flower that holds many meanings. But the most common meaning is purity, innocence, and fertility. The sweet and innocent beauty of the lily flower has given it the association of fresh life and rebirth. With different colors, lilies have different meanings. For example, white lilies represent purity, orange lilies show revenge or hatred, and a red spider lily (manjushage) symbolizes a final goodbye.

ALIAS; Master (Spirits)

Xierra Eous Lilyanthone has mastered numerous spirits through contracts forged in her past. Some willingly followed and pledged loyalty to her, while others were subdued through defeat. Among them, a majority are companions she befriended in her past life.

OCCUPATIONMagic Knight

SQUAD;

•⠀Crimson Lion King
•⠀Royal Knights

COUNTRYClover Kingdom

DEBUT; CHAPTER I. Farewell (The Whisperer)

──────────────────────────

T H E⠀F L E S H

what appearances reveal.

AGE;

•⠀15 (Beginning)
•⠀16 (Star Festival Awards)
•⠀17 (Spade Kingdom Invasion).

BIRTHDAY;

•⠀October 4th (Present)
•⠀December 13th (Past)

GENDER; Female

HEIGHT; 165 cm

BLOOD TYPE; O

EYE COLOR;

•⠀Light Blue (Normal)
•⠀Gold (Spirit Form)

HAIR COLOR;

•⠀Platinum-Blonde (Normal)
•⠀White (Spirit Form)

SKIN COLOR; Fair

MAGIC ATTRIBUTE;

•⠀Astral Magic
•⠀Spirit Magic (True Name - Genesis)

STATUS;

•⠀Alive (Fragmented Soul)
•⠀Deceased (Original Soul)

SPECIES; Human

──────────────────────────

T H E⠀B O N E S

what makes a person.

STRENGTH; 5/10

DEFENSE; 7/10

AGILITY; 9/10

CONTROL; 10/10

INTELLIGENCE; 10/10

STAMINA; 4/10

MANA POOL; 9.5/10

TEAMWORK; 8.5/10

──────────────────────────

T H E⠀M I N D

what goes behind the scenes.

ABOUT;

—⠀P A S T

Xierra Eous Lilyanthone, the youngest daughter of House Lilyanthone, belonged to one of the royal families in Clover that was eradicated during the Elf Massacre incident.

At the age of five, she was seemingly "abandoned" by her family because of her ability to perceive and communicate with entities unseen by others. In reality, her eldest brother, who shared the same ability, entrusted her to a spirit for better care, deeming the surrounding environment unsuitable for her upbringing.

—⠀P R E S E N T

Xierra Eous Lilyanthone, an orphan born from the remnants of her original soul, Ichijou Shizuka—the first Whisperer, found refuge in a Hage church after her grimoire shattered under the pursuit of a demon. As a member of the Clover Kingdom's Crimson Lion King and the Royal Knights squad, she wields a crescent grimoire.

Bestowed with the special rank of "The Whisperer" by the wizard king, Xierra serves as a bridge between the living and the dead, a unique role that sets her apart. Her ability to calm, communicate with, and understand beings unseen by others makes her an intermediary between worlds.

Despite her initial vulnerability to loud sounds, Xierra's confidence has grown with the support of her companions. As she matured, she became a soft-spoken individual, with a formal and polite way of speech. While she can be easygoing, she knows when and how to adjust her demeanor in various situations.

Xierra's platinum-blonde hair, often mistaken for white in sunlight, frames her light blue eyes that resemble the clear sky. Her warm smile, radiant like the sun, endears her to children, and she often shows a soft spot for them.

In Hage, she wears a simple grayish-white dress, but as a member of the Crimson Lion Kings, she adopts a beige shirt with a high collar, long sleeves folded shorter, and a gray-checked pinafore dress.

Xierra's love for nature, exploration, and reading is evident in her hobbies. Encouraged by Asta and Yuno, she strives for greatness alongside them, aiming for the top.

──────────────────────────

T H E⠀C O R E

what the world hides.

ASTRAL MAGIC; (adj.) of, connected with, or resembling the stars.

──────────────────────────

S U M M O N I N G⠀M A G I C

INARI ŌKAMI⠀[⠀稲荷大神⠀]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; unknown.

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; unknown.

Summons an ancient deity of past myths; the God of Harvest—Inari—also recognized as "Uta no Mitama no Kami."

This enchantment remains in effect continuously from the moment the user acquires their grimoire. Inari obediently follows the directives of its master. While capable of assuming any form, it exhibits a preference for the guise of a fox or a human, primarily for the sake of convenience on the battlefield.

Legend tells of Inari, once a living god, transformed into a spell by the "first" Whisperer through a contractual pact. Even in the absence of the user's grimoire, Inari possesses the ability to materialize without requiring a catalyst.

•⠀INARI ŌKAMI – KITSUNE⠀[⠀稲荷大神 — 狐⠀]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; unknown.

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; unknown.

Allows Inari to transform into a fox. Inari possesses the capability to expand his physical form at will, a capability applicable in any location or circumstance. This form is his favored state among all available options.

•⠀INARI ŌKAMI – HEBI⠀[⠀稲荷大神 — 蛇⠀]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 5% [upon switch]

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; unknown.

Allows Inari to transform into a snake. In this form, Inari exhibits enhanced agility, surpassing the speed of typical serpents. He utilizes constricting techniques upon enlarging, and coiling around his target(s).

•⠀INARI ŌKAMI – RYŪ⠀[⠀稲荷大神 — 竜⠀]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 15% [upon switch]

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; unknown.

Allows Inari to transform into a dragon. In this colossal form, Inari consumes a substantial amount of the caster's mana, representing his pinnacle strength. Capable of expelling azure flames, his might amplifies to fivefold that of his standard fox form.

With the newfound capability of levitation and flight, Inari gains enhanced maneuverability, broadening his tactical options in combat. However, given the consideration of the caster's mana reserves, he exercises judicious action. It is his least preferable form.

•⠀INARI ŌKAMI – KUMO⠀[⠀稲荷大神 — 蜘蛛⠀]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 5% [upon switch]

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; unknown.

Allows Inari to transform into a spider. In this diminutive spider form, Inari attains the ability to navigate through the tiniest gaps and conceal himself effectively. His silk threads possess a strength akin to steel, yet they may weaken when exposed to specific types of flames.

•⠀INARI ŌKAMI – UNNAMED SUB-SPELLS⠀[⠀稲荷大神⠀]

Information will be updated as the story goes on.

WISPS OF THE HOLLOW

Summons sentient spirit flames. Upon spell activation, letters emerge from the grimoire's pages. By blowing on these letters, the caster forms a cluster of azure flames in a spherical shape.

Despite their seemingly charming appearance, these spirit flames are reputed to be more lethal than normal fire. They assault their targets, concluding the onslaught by incinerating them into ashes, melting them, or potentially consuming them alive. While these entities can be tamed when in the presence of their caster or individuals deemed close by the caster, they exhibit hostility and aggression in perilous situations.

CAVALRIES OF THE DEAD

Summons a selective undead legion within designated locations. The caster resurrects an army from the deceased. They are impervious to physical assaults, rendering them ineffective, while magical strikes result in diminished damage. Notably, spells aligned with light and fire elements prove more potent against them.

Typically, this spell can only be employed in areas where wars or battles have occurred. Additionally, it can be employed against adversaries who possess the ability to manipulate the undead, commandeering their forces and turning them into the caster's allies. This spell harnesses the restless souls of the departed, leveraging them to the caster's benefit.

GUARDIAN OF PAST EDEN – MIYABI⠀[⠀弁護者⠀]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; unknown.

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; unknown.

Summons an ancient deity of past myths; the Guardian of Past Eden—Miyabi—also recognized as "Bengo-Sha."

This enchantment remains in effect continuously from the moment the user acquires the guardian's scroll. The scroll encapsulates Miyabi's essence—a white fox, contrasting Inari's fox form. For millennia, this spell has been inscribed within the crescent grimoire. Similar to Inari, Miyabi is a fox who forged a contract with the "first" Whisperer, signifying unwavering loyalty.

Miyabi, a fox spirit, is reputed to safeguard a garden of cherry blossoms cherished by the "first" Whisperer in times of yore. Possessing capabilities akin to Inari's fox form, Miyabi only deploys this power upon the user's command or to defend specific designated locations.

Information will be updated as the story goes on.

──────────────────────────

C R E A T I O N⠀M A G I C

NIGHT OF A THOUSAND STARS

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 7.5%

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; induces mild lightheadedness with repeated use.

Summons shooting stars. The sky or overhead space momentarily darkens, and stars materialize. Descending from the celestial expanse, they target the designated individual(s), pursuing them until impact. Described as scorching and ablaze by certain accounts.

SPIRIT FLAMES

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 1.5%

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; unknown.

Summons spirit flames from [Kakuriyo]. Derived from the "Wisps of the Hollow," this spell manifests orbs of azure flames under the caster's control, in contrast to the living beings summoned by its predecessor. The mana consumption varies based on the number of Spirit Flames summoned and the applications of these ethereal spheres.

CRESCENT WALTZ

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 5%

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; induces lightheadedness when the caster's mana pool is nearly depleted.

Launches crescent-shaped fire blades. These blades assault the target(s) repeatedly in rapid succession. Their size remains fixed, and given their abundance, it is advisable to cast this spell in a spacious area. The magical energy consumption is minimal. While not powerful enough to cut through entire structures, the blades prove effective against physical spells like shields and barriers when launched in repetition.

TENGOKU NO KUIARATAME – HEAVEN'S REMORSE⠀[⠀天国の悔い改め⠀]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 5%

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; induces discomfort in the back; depletes both the caster's physical stamina and mana pool simultaneously.

Grants the ability to fly. Upon casting, the caster sprouts a set of bluish-black wings on their back, enabling them to soar through the air until their mana is depleted. This spell does not have offensive capabilities.

GOKŌ – HALO⠀[⠀後光⠀]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 20%

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; depletes both the caster's physical stamina and mana pool simultaneously.

Creates a light-affinity blade that exhibits different effects based on its elemental contact.

•⠀It splits the earth upon touch, releasing rays of light that track and explode near targeted enemies.

•⠀It manipulates reflections and illusions upon touching water, forming desired images. Increased casting requires more mana.

•⠀It temporarily infuses surrounding plants and objects with a "soul," allowing control and commands. Mana consumption increases with the number and complexity of possessed entities.

•⠀It ignites a flame that follows the blade until extinguished. Larger flames require more energy.

•⠀It turns invisible when touching unnaturally created wind or spells, rendering the blade unseen.

•⠀It absorbs power upon contact with non-human blood, the strength of which determines mana consumption.

[FIRST UNNAMED SPELL]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 45%

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; unknown.

Appears on a seemingly nonexistent page within the caster's grimoire. The page contains scribbled chants, forming an incomplete spell accessible only to someone who once possessed the crescent grimoire.

A katana materializes by the caster's side. The translucent scabbard emits flickering substances into the air. With a phantom-like form, the katana appears capable of swift, single-strike slashes. Its hilt features a meticulously crafted red charm, the work of another's hands.

The woven hilt bears a familiar pattern, reminiscent of a weapon used by spirits in the past. The silver and gold blade reflects the surroundings on its clear surface, depicting images of a golden rice field, cherry blossom gardens, rivers, mountains, crimson shrines, and forests—a portrayal of everything the Whisperer once had in the past.

Despite its unknown uses, it can be summoned without a chant by another wielder of the crescent grimoire.

Information will be updated as the story goes on.

──────────────────────────

R E C O V E R Y⠀M A G I C

SAKURA NO UTAGE – CHERRY BLOSSOM FEAST⠀[⠀桜の宴⠀]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 20%

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; depletes both the caster's physical stamina and mana pool simultaneously.

Summons cherry blossom petals that rain upon the battlefield, providing healing upon contact with wounds and injuries. The petals emit a soothing warmth, aiding in recovery. Additionally, the spell induces sleepiness and a sense of intoxication in the targets, but this requires more mana from the caster.

──────────────────────────

S P A T I A L⠀M A G I C

SHIN'EN-WAN – ABYSSAL GULF⠀[⠀深淵湾⠀]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 7.5%

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; induces a sense of nausea.

Creates a fiery, abyssal void emitting bluish-black fog. Upon contact with anything, including living beings, it engulfs and teleports them to a different location. Upon command, the engulfed targets may experience burns.

──────────────────────────

B I N D I N G⠀M A G I C

WRAITH'S CONDEMNATION

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; 10%

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; induces lightheadedness when the caster's mana pool is nearly depleted.

Summons a binding void. From the caster's palm, a sphere of black, void-like cloud emerges, directed toward the intended location for the binding magic.

Upon contact, the sphere expands, enveloping and securing whatever it touches from top to bottom. In rare instances of unintended disturbances, the void rope may temporarily loosen when touched by warm objects. However, it quickly corrects itself within seconds, effectively re-ensnaring its target(s).

──────────────────────────

M A N A⠀Z O N E

GATE TO THE UNDERWORLD: KAKURIYO⠀[⠀隠り世⠀]

—⠀MANA CONSUMPTION; unknown.

—⠀SIDE EFFECTS; unknown.

Opens a gateway between the realms of the living and the dead, summoning legendary apparitions and spirits to aid the caster in battle. The summoned entities obediently follow the caster's commands, and the spell also facilitates travel between the "two worlds" on Earth.

The term "Kakuriyo" is derived from "Tokoyo [常世]," signifying the eternal world of the dead, a holy precinct that remains unchanging. This realm exists without the laws of cause and effect, seemingly timeless and perpetually shrouded in night. Often associated with the world of the dead and Yomi no Kuni, Kakuriyo is not merely a place of the deceased but is considered a utopia, speculated to exist on or in the sea.

Information will be updated as the story goes on.

──────────────────────────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 4.5K 94
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
1.4M 96.4K 24
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
237K 3.9K 60
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝖬𝖺𝗂𝗌𝗂𝖾 𝖦𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇, 𝖺 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗅-𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝖼𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗈𝗋 𝗂𝗌 𝖽𝖾𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝖿 𝗍𝗈 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗇𝖾𝗋 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖬...
43.3K 1.3K 38
"I no longer want you." Emperor Richard de Tristaine fumed as he looked upon the woman he was ready to abandon just a few weeks ago. "You don't mea...