Recovery

By Laughingwolf78

Twenty-two year old hero Izuku Midoriya has been severely hurt by a villain attack. It's left him battered an... More

1. Mood
2. No
3. Pity
4. Hand Out
5. Memories
6. Admissions
7. Tension
8. Signs of Strength
9. Rough Day
10. Frustrating
11. Day Out
12. Morning Talk
13. Signs of Hope
14. First Step is the Hardest
15. The Final Push
16. Spoken Truth
17. Motivation
18. Date Night.
19. Progress
20. Qualified?
21. Visit
22. More Progress
23. Savior
24. Side By Side
25. Worried
26.The Wait
27. Set Back
28. Show Me
29. Testing the Limits
30. Always a Hero
31. What Moves Me

32. Welcome Home Wonder Duo

1.9K 126 105
By Laughingwolf78

It's now been two months since Izuku's regained the feeling in his legs. In that time lots has been done to help him train back to full strength to be able to once again start hero work.

It's no surprise that Katsuki has been at the center of his training, pushing past limits and surpassing expectations in every way, just as always.

That has brought the couple where they are today which is at the hero agency to reinstate Izuku back to the job he loves, hero work.

As Aizawa finishes signing the last of the paperwork he watches happy deep green eyes that continue look from the paperwork to the blonde next to him with a bright smile. He wants to smile at the action. It was close to a year ago that Izuku was a broken hero who he wasn't sure would ever make it back to even close to who he was. But after the roll of the dice and a chance he had always been right about what he had seen all those years, he placed a call to the only one he knew could push, pull, or drag the greenett back from the depths of hell and work him right back into fighting condition.

There's a smile in dark raven-colored eyes if you look close enough because Izuku isn't just back to his old self, he's better than before. Stronger, braver, happier and what's more than all of that is he's found love that was always there but now he knows it's reciprocated. With Katsuki by his side, he's unstoppable.

" Alright, that's the last of it Midoriya, just sign the bottom and you will be reinstated to active starting tomorrow."

Izuku lights up with a smile so bright it almost illuminates the room.

" Thank you Sir! I won't let you down! I'm happy to be back to active again!",the greenett grins with excitement.

Aizawa nods then shifts his gaze to the blonde hero smirking with pride beside him.

" Bakugo, your paperwork is also completed for your transfer back here to this agency. You also are cleared to start work with Midoriya tomorrow as a Duo team. You will maintain your number-one hero status as of right now."

The blonde smirks as he looks over at his boyfriend who grins back at him.

" Yeah well, I don't plan on keeping that number one slot long now that I whipped the nerd back into shape."

Izuku laughs softly as he nudges his boyfriend on the shoulder.

" I don't mind you hanging on to it Kacchan."

" Nope, gonna be all over everything you do out there until you take your place on that throne again nerd, so if you thought me being hard on you was gonna stop, man you got the wrong idea."

The greenett breaks into a louder laugh as the two of them stand up to leave.

" I wouldn't expect anything less Kacchan, thank you."

Aizawa watches with a smile he doesn't hide and a head shake of amazing as he stands up.

" Get some rest, I look forward to seeing the two of you out there tomorrow."

As Katsuki's takes Izuku by the hand the two nod with smiles before they head out.

Izuku is busy chatting away happily with his hand locked in the blonde's as they walk.

" This is amazing right Kacchan?! I can walk, I have you, I'm going back to hero work and we'll be working together as a duo! Things are going great right?!"

When the blonde next to him doesn't respond green eyes shift in that direction seeing Katsuki with a far-off gaze, blonde brow furrowed with his free hand tucked in his pocket.

Izuku scrunches his face in wonder.

" Kacchan? You ok?"

Katsuki looks down at questions eyes.

" Yeah, I'm good, sorry. And yes everything is good Deku better than good, only gonna keep getting better.", he says with a smile.

As they head towards the train for home the blonde suddenly makes a different turn.

Izuku looks up in confusion.

" Kacchan?"

The blonde meets his gaze.

"We need to make a quick stop before we head home."

Before Izuku can question things too much further they're in front of a familiar medical building.

The greenett isn't sure what's happened since his boyfriend is being so vague about details and he's starting to get a little worried that something might be wrong with the blonde's health, a feeling that grows as they step up to the desk.

"Hi, we need to see Dr. Mori for a minute if he's not too busy. He's not expecting us but if he has a minute I'd appreciate his time.", Katsuki explains to the nurse.

" I think he might actually be on his lunch break so you may just be in luck. I'll go see if I can track him down.", she smiles.

The blonde nods standing there with Izuku's hand in his still.

The greenett gives that large hand a tug.

" Kacchan.. what's going on?"

Crimson meets emerald. The blonde sighs.

" I know when I need to man up Deku."

Izuku raises a brow ready to question things when the doctor's voice is heard.

" Ahh, Hero DynaMight, Hero Deku. Is.. is there anything I can do for you? I certainly hope nothing is wrong.", he says nervously, still unsure of the blonde's temper.

Dr Mori looks like he's holding his breath as the blonde turns meeting his eye then takes steps towards him.

Katsuki takes a deep breath while green eyes and terrified dark blue watch him.

" Alright, listen. I know you remember that when we first met I told you that if things went wrong I'd be your worst nightmare but I also told you that if things worked out I'd be eternally grateful. I'm not real good with this shit and I'm honestly not sure how the hell to even begin to thank someone for helping to fix someone that is everything to me. So...."

There's a pause and then Katsuki swiftly bows as he speaks.

"Thank you. Thank you for everything you did. I'm more grateful than you will ever understand."

Dr. Mori is not the only one staring in complete surprise. Izuku's mouth is practically hanging open as tears form in green eyes.

Bowing is a show of gratitude and respect in Japanese culture and it's something he hasn't seen Katsuki do in all the years he's known him very often, meaning this was a very big deal.

As Katsuki straightened himself Dr. Mori smiles wide, grabbing the blonde's hand and shaking it.

" It was one of my deepest pleasures to be able to help! You are more than welcome. I'm so pleased that everything worked out the way it did."

The blonde smirks taking Izuku's hand again and saying something in true Bakugo style.

" I'm pleased it did too, or this would have been a much different conversation that involved more explosions and less fucking words. See ya round doc.", he says turning for the door.

Izuku smiles looking over his shoulder as the blonde leads him away.

" Thank you so much Dr. Mori! For everything!"

Outside the greenett stops making Katsuki turn and face him with a raised brow.

" Oi, what's wrong?"

Izuku grins up at him.

" Nothing is wrong. What you did back there was amazing Kacchan. You have grown so much and aren't afraid to admit when you might have been wrong and it showed how much you care about me, not to mention it makes me love you that much more."

There's a blush on the blonde hero as he clears his throat.

" Yeah well you might have something to do with all that growth. And I do care about you, I love you Deku, more than I think I'm able to show, but I'm sure as hell going to try my best. But don't you go spreading it around that I've gone soft or anything shit nerd", he smirks ruffling green locks gaining a giggle.

" Don't worry Kacchan, your secret is safe with me.", he laughs as the blonde puts his arm around his neck and kisses green locks as they begin to head home.

" Better not I know where you live."

Izuku laughs again.

" Hope so since you're going to be living there permanently too.", he grins.

The blonde looks down at happy green eyes feeling butterflies.

Katsuki smiles.

" Yeah, let's get home nerd."

The next morning Izuku is up before sunrise excited and nervous about his first day back as a hero.

When he's finished with his shower and steps out into the hall in his sweats to get ready Katsuki is standing there.

Emerald eyes meet grinning crimson then the blonde holds up Izuku's hero suit, the very one the greenett had ripped to shreds months ago when he thought he would never walk again.

Green eyes go wide then begin to shed heavy tears.

"K-Kacchan.. is.. is that?"

The blonde's eyes soften.

" Yup. I know you have others but I also know this one is your favorite. I took it to be fixed a few days ago after you passed out from a hard workout. It's all ready to go Pro Hero Deku.", he grins handing it over.

Izuku reaches for the fabric, holding it between his fingers with an aching heart. He meets the blonde's eyes then lunges into his arms crying into his shoulder.

" Thank you so much Kacchan, for everything you've done. I know that I wasn't always easy to deal with while we were going  through all this.. I love you so much."

The blonde tightens his hold, keeping his boyfriend held strongly against him.

" You're welcome Deku, but thank you for not giving up, on me, or your recovery. As far as not being easy to deal with, hell I was the one who for years taught you how to be difficult to deal with, but you handled me well, roles just reversed thats all. Thats what you do as a couple, one stays strong while the other is a bit weak. I love you too."

He kisses the greenett in his arms slowly then when he pulls back he gives a devils grin.

Izuku raises a brow.

" Uh oh.. what ?"

The blonde smirks.

" This hero suit is my favorite too. Your ass looks amazing in it"

Izuku blushes hard making Katsuki break into a laugh while the greenett punches his shoulder playfully.

" Kacchan! You can't just say stuff like that out of nowhere!"

Katsuki chuckles kissing him quickly.

" Just did. Hurry up so we aren't late."

Not long after the two are at the hero agency where Aizawa holds a small welcome-back news conference in front of the building. He speaks in a calm voice to the several reporters and hero's.

" I want to take this time to welcome back Pro Hero Deku into the ranks. To say I'm proud of the progress he has made is an understatement. I've watched Izuku grow and shift into a hero over the years but I don't believe I've ever seen him this strong, happy and determined. I also want to take this time to thank Pro Hero DynaMight for all his efforts and time he took in helped Izuku to get to this point."

The raven-colored male turns to look at the two hero's who are standing side by side behind him with smiles.

" It is my pleasure to welcome you both back to the field of hero work. The world of heroes is now a hundred times stronger with you both in it."

They nod with grins at the man who has known them since they were confused teens.

" Pro Hero Deku, why don't you step up here and say a few words."

Izuku looks up at the blonde surprised by this statement from Aizawa.

Katsuki gives him a smirk and a wink.

" Go on Deku, let those extras know what's up."

Izuku blushes but takes a step forward speaking into the mic that's set up.

" Thank you, Mr Aizawa, thank all of you for this. When I got hurt and got my diagnosis I wasn't sure I'd ever walk again, in fact there were days I thought for sure I wouldn't. And I'm not going to lie when I say I had pretty much given up all hope."

He takes a pause, emerald eyes shifting down as he thinks about it. He glances back at his boyfriend who gives him a reassuring nod to go on.

" But then Kacchan came home to remind me who I was and where I came from. He worked tirelessly beside me every single day pushing me forward even when I didn't want to budge. He pushed my limits, reminded me that I was still me,never gave up even when I wanted to. In a million years I could never thank him for everything he's done, I'll do my best to try tho. Don't get me wrong, I'm standing with the help of certain Doctors but I wouldn't be standing as strongly without the help of.. of the man I love. See that's what makes us stronger, someone else's love and our love for them. I'm proud to say I'm back as your hero I'm prouder to say I'm back with my hero at my side. I'll do my best to make you all proud, thank you for your support and...

Katsuki suddenly steps up and speaks into the mic even as his eyes brim with pride and unshed tears for his boyfriend's words that write his name across his heart.

" And fuck all you non supportive bastards who thought he couldn't do this." He says simply before stepping back and standing at his boyfriend's side with a smirk.

Izuku blushes but laughs.

" Umm yes, that too Kacchan. Anyway thank you all! I'm happy to be back!"

The small crowd breaks into claps and whistles as the blonde pulls his smiling boyfriend into a strong hug. As the crowd begins to disband Katsuki speaks softly to the greenett.

" I'm so proud of you Deku, you ready for this shit today?", he grins.

Izuku nods with enthusiasm.

" Yes! As long as your next to me I'm pretty sure I can do anything."

Katsuki leans down and kisses him gently pulling back with love in crimson eyes.

" Now you're getting it. Let's get out there and show this city exactly who the fuck we are cause who are we Deku?"

Green eyes light up and there's a fist held high in the air.

" The Wonder Duo!"

Katsuki chuckles.

" Fuck yeah! Let's go!"

There's the sound of loud laughing as the two hero's fire up quirks and launch themselves high into the city skyline.

Aizawa leans back against the hero agency with crossed arms and an undeniable smile as he watches.

Months ago he took a chance, took a chance when he called a mouthy brash hero that Katsuki held all the pieces to the broken puzzle that was Izuku Midoriya. That roll of the dice payed off in a big way because Aizawa had been right all these years.

Right about the love he had known was always there, right when he knew that the only one who would ever be able to push Izuku past any and all limits was Katsuki Bakugo.

He smiles as he watches orange and green move across the sky together as he continues to think.

Recovery is sometimes not only physical but mental and emotional and when you think about it Izuku was not the only one who needed Recovery, Katsuki did too, from hidden feelings and years of regret he held close.

In the end both hero's needed healing and each was the only one who held the remedy.

Of course those two had always been that way, the missing pieces to each others puzzle, the ying to each other's yang. You can't have light without the dark.

He grins once again before he heads back inside with a feeling of happy contentment a small whisper on his lips.

" Welcome back Wonder Duo, the world doesn't stand a chance to bring you down."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ The End ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

A/N

Ahh yes. We have come to the end of another ride. Thank you so much for letting me take you on this one.

I send you love and thanks always ~ Wolf

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 1.1K 10
Bakugo has always been on the harsher side with his smaller classmate, Deku. They grew up together, and Bakugo had always had a soft spot for him tha...
253K 10.3K 51
Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his musical talent is not limited to just the...
4.3K 149 9
Izuku Midoriya lost his hearing as a kid, when he and his parents had unfortunately got into a car incident. And that car accident, ended up turning...
88.6K 4.3K 30
Izuku Midoriya is one of the most trusted Guardian Angels in all of heavens creations. He's spent most of his time on earth watching over those who n...