Bound by Chains

By DefinitlyZee

[[VERY VERY SLOW UPDATES.]] What is so bad about Sonic's past that he refuses to tell even his closest frien... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 1

110 2 8
By DefinitlyZee

//Third Person//

He walked around his beach house, he could feel his quills rise as he hesitantly gripped the door handle. He had nothing to fear, his home was relatively safe given no one other than his friends knew of its location. Not only that but he'd been through so much that whatever was beyond his door couldn't even be half as bad as what he considered to be the norm. Come to think of it, there's no reason for him not to be in therapy right about now. it's a miracle he hasn't gone insane or completely given up on the world.

"Where is he!"

He could hear the pink hedgehog's voice echoing from outside his home,

Now he knew what he was forgetting.

Amy is persistent, pushy, and constantly up in other people's business she had no business being in in the first place. Sure Amy was one of his closest friends she could be very, very irritating at times.

He sighed, he knew there was no avoiding this. Given how much money he had and his reputation he could of probably stayed at a luxury hotel for as long as he wanted and still have enough money to send Tails to an Ivy League College. Regardless, he took a deep breath before finally opening the door to his beach house.

-

"Have any of you seen Sonic?!" Amy yelled, gripping her abnormally large hammer.

Rouge and Knuckles were seated beside each other on the cream-colored sofa, Tails was sitting at his desk, and Shadow stood far away from the group leaning against the wall.

'It's his house, he won't be able to avoid me!' was what Amy thought when she first decided on coming to Sonics house unannounced and uninvited.

She impatiently walked back and forth waiting for the blue blur to eventually walk through the door.

This was taking far too long,

Not just that but no one even answered her question.

She immediately looked around the room, staring at everyone for a brief moment before turning to look at Shadow. Shadow stared at her like she was insane, and in a way she definitely was. "Does it look like I know or care?" He scoffed, "Go find him yourself if you wanna know so badly."

Amy took a deep breath to calm down to prevent smashing Shadow and in the process Sonic's house to bits.

She'd been looking for Sonic for the last... 40 minutes? She came to his home hoping he'd be there, surprise surprise he was not.

"Hun don't you think this is a bit much," Rouge asked standing up from her seat.

Rouge was starting to regret telling them about Sonic's files. Shadow told her it was a bad idea from the very beginning but she figured that since they'd all known him for years maybe they'd know more. Only for them to be just as clueless.

"NO." She yelled, "We've been friends for years yet we've never heard a thing about-"

Before she could continue they all heard the door loudly and slowly close.

He'd been caught.

Sonic calmly walked in knowing exactly what he'd just walked in on. He just hoped Tails would be able to drag him out of the room in time.

"Tails!" He smiled as he walked up to the fox's desk seemingly oblivious to everyone else in the room. He looked nervous.

The Fox looked up at him, almost immediately recognizing the look on his face. without a second thought he stood up and grabbed his 'brothers' wrist, "I'm going to borrow him for a moment!" Tails smiled as he quickly walked toward the front door before Amy could say anything.

"Not so fast."

Amy stood in from of the two of them. She knew that while Tails was helping Sonic he was just as clueless as the rest of them.

They looked at each other and then stared at the pink hedgehog standing in front of them debating whether or not they should just run past her and fly off to Angel Island.

"SIT." She sternly pointed to the two chairs in the middle of the living room that she had drawn up earlier.

Tails stared at his 'older brother' to which Sonic only nodded his head and winked while walking back to the chairs. They both took a seat, now everyone was staring at them. it was hard to ignore their existence when all of them were standing right in front of him.

Typically Sonic would laugh whenever Amy or anyone in general would bring up his past, but it was becoming increasingly difficult. The more he avoided them the more persistent they became.

Tails seemed to be the only one to understand that Sonic didn't want to talk about the topic. While yes Tails was interested in learning about his past he had no intention of pushing it out of him, after all, what kind of brother would do that?

It wasn't long before Amy began to question them, more specifically Sonic since Tails was refusing to say a word to her. With every question Tails watched as Sonic tightly gripped a crystal he hadn't noticed before in his hands. While Sonic's face remained the smiley stoic way it'd always been the crystal began cracking, it began to glow and he knew it was only a matter of time before it broke.

Tails reached over, and placed his hand over Sonic's which immediately calmed him down remembering that Tails was still right beside him.

"Why won't you just tell us? We're your friends yet everything we thought we knew about you was wrong!" Amy yelled, "We've, IVE done everything I could for you so why can't you JUST!-"

Sonic snapped hearing that last bit as he stood up, his usually smug expression was wiped away as he angrily stepped forward.

"YOU. Have done NOTHING, BUT question me!" He took another step forward, dropping the crystal in his hand, "GOOD GREIF WON'T YOU JUST LET IT GO?!"

Amy took a step back, frightened, she'd never seen her friend look so angry before. Or angry in general. "Sonic I just-" she started,

"WOULD IT KILL YOU TO JUST LEAVE IT ALONE?" He yelled, his voice echoing throughout the entire house. "God if only you knew half of the shit I've gone through." He spoke through his teeth, pushing Amy down onto the sofa before taking a step back.

He turned around and walked back over to the worried fox who was still sitting on the wooden chair, kneeled down, and gave him a hug.

Amy and everyone else in the room looked shocked as they stared at the pair at the center of the room. His mood had switched before any of them could even comprehend what was happening.

Sonic stood up and Tails handed him the crystal he had dropped earlier. Sonic patted his head before turning around, frowning, and walking up the stairs and into his bedroom, loudly slamming the door shut for good measure.

-

A few weeks had passed since Sonic's little outburst, everything had gone back to normal and Amy had dropped the topic entirely having realized that she couldn't pressure him into talking about the subject.

Sonic's birthday was coming up and everyone was seated inside of Sonic's and Tails' home planning for it. Per usual Shadow had been dragged along by Rouge not really speaking to any of them. he just sat himself down on the rather comfortable rocking chair Sonic had and kept to himself. They all sat in the living room planning, Rouge and Knuckles on the Sofa, Tails sat on the ground with a notepad and calculator, while Amy sat behind him.

Suddenly a loud crash was heard coming from outside, And then their communicators began blaring. Without hesitation, they all quickly ran outside,

Knuckles was the first one outside, he quickly found a small crater with smoke flowing out. Looking at the distance between Sonic's house and crater it was far too close for comfort.

"Hello?" Knuckles yelled having spotted a Fox exit the small pod that had crashed into Sonic's yard.

Before Knuckles could get a good look at the creature Sonic ran up, his eyes were a bit red from the lack of sleep but luckily no one had noticed.

"What's up?" He smiled as he walked up to Knuckles to get a good look at what was in the crater.

Sonic's Eyes widened,

his smile had faltered.

Shadows POV:

I made sure everyone was in a safe enough distance. Truly I could care less for these ignorant Mortals that Sonic called his 'friends' but I'd have to be stupid to just stand back and let them all closely inspect the crater.

I hadn't seen Sonic in a while, in fact, I hadn't seen him since.. a week after his outburst.

I'd found him leaning against a tree, out of breath with bruises everywhere. He had a black eye, he looked like he was mere seconds away from bursting into tears. The moment he spotted me behind the trees he smiled... I haven't been able to erase the memory since.

- Flashback -

"Shadow!" Sonic smiled, his voice cracked as he called out for me.

I stepped away from my hiding spot and walked closer to him. I'd have to be stupid to turn a blind eye and walk away now.

He patted the ground beside him as I quickly made my way over and sat down beside him without hesitation.

"I'm sorry."

I turned to look at him, his voice caught me off guard. he was no longer smiling, he looked sad. It looked like he was trying hard to contain his emotions but they seemed to have gotten the best of him because before I knew it tears began to run down his cheeks.

I hesitantly reached over and caressed his cheek while wiping away his tears in the process.

"Sonic," I spoke softly, meeting his watery gaze. "It wasn't your fault."

With that, he pulled me into a hug and sobbed into my chest. I've never seen someone cry so much in my life, and Sonic was the last person I'd expect to see in such a state.

"Sonic.." I whispered in his ear, he began to shiver. I quickly took off my jacket, pulled him close, and used the jacket as a blanket for the two of us, Mostly for Sonic, "Won't you tell me what's wrong..?"

Sonic looked up at me, "I-" he looked like he wanted to speak but seemed to have of spotted something in the distance and decided against it.

I ignored it and rubbed his back while quietly picking him up to take back home. It was becoming late and it looked like it was going to rain.

- Flashback End -

I watched as he stumbled back, clearly startled by what he'd seen.

Knuckles grabbed his wrist to prevent him from falling back, concern etched on his face. "Sonic..?"

Sonic looked frightened.

If it was just me and him I would have just grabbed him and ran off, but seeing as it was a whole group of us... running away undetected would be much, much harder.

"Well, well, well." I watched as a jet-black Fox emerged from the crater, its twin tails resembling liquid ink.

I quickly grabbed Rouge and instructed her to keep the group as far away from us as possible.

"Who do we have here?" The Fox spoke. I would of mistaken him for tails if it wasn't for the stark contrast in fur and overall being.

"You said you didn't want to-" Sonic spoke as he reached out for the Fox in the distance, he seemed confused as he walked forward.

"What was I supposed to say?!" The Fox growled, "You hardly gave me any time to even answer!"

Sonic quickly retracted his hand and pushed Knuckles away when he saw the Fox run toward him. I watched as Sonic stood still. I quickly grabbed him before the Fox could tackle him down

He quickly snapped out of his trance, "Zeno believe me I didn't want to leave you behind but I didn't have a choice!" Sonic choked back as I tightly held him back from running toward the hostile Fox.

Knuckles and I exchanged confused glances before looking back at the pair. I knew that the files had a gap between his birth up and until he was 10 when he first made his appearance in Mobius, but this wasn't at all what I was expecting.

"Zeno please just let me explain I-" Sonic pleaded, visibly shaking as he tried to reach the Fox in the distance.

"Don't give me your pathetic sob story." The Fox spoke through gritted teeth, "you can try and hide behind your contacts and dye but we all know who you are!"

My grip on Sonic's waist began to loosen as he tried harder and harder to reach for the jet-black Fox.

"I'm here to deliver a message." The Fox grinned,

Sonic stopped squirming entirely upon hearing those words, "what." his voice was cold, nothing like it was a few moments ago.

"You weren't able to save your family then, and you sure as hell won't be able to save them." The Fox pointed to the group in the distance then at me and Knuckles.

I could hear Sonic's heart pounding as I hugged him tightly from behind to ensure he wouldn't be able to escape from my grasp.

"What have you done?!" Sonic yelled,

"Your days are numbered." The Fox smiled, snapping his fingers before disappearing only leaving a letter in his place.

-

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone! I'm currently rewriting this story! It's come to my attention that despite discontinuing the story many of you still happen to enjoy it! I'm currently rewriting this story, I plan on making illustrations to go with each chapter to keep myself motivated! As of right now I'm working on making a unique set of designs for each character so if anyone has any ideas feel free to comment!

(Here are some drawings I made last year in December!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 62.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
78.9K 2.8K 49
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
518K 8K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
382K 14.4K 44
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။