Conveniently Inconvenient

By misscelestiana

Irene Marcos is a brilliant and determined executive who will soon take over as the CEO of her family's Marco... More

Conveniently Inconvenient
PROLOGUE
uno
due
tre
quattro
cinque
sei
sette
otto
nove
dieci
undici
tredici

dodici

777 55 28
By misscelestiana

As soon as she sees the building of the Shang Palace, where she will meet her mother-in-law made her heart pump so hard. She was nervous in all forms, her hands were starting to sweat whilst shaking.

She approached the lady at the front door. "Reservation for Emma... Emma Benitez." she uttered, nanginginig ang boses.

The lady called someone to assist her on where Emma was. Irene was holding the bouquet of flowers that she had costumized especially for her mother-in-law. She saw the woman that birthed her husband, reading the menu seriously. This is the first time that she saw Emma in person, she was familiar with her because of Emma's portrait in the Araneta Mansion.

Umangat ang tingin ni Emma kay Irene na nakatayo sa harapan niya. Emma smiled in delight and stood up to greet her daughter-in-law.

"Darling," she mumbled and hugged Irene. It was a quick embrace.

Irene handed Emma the bouquet of flowers, ngumiti si Emma nang tinanggap ito at inamoy ang mabangong bulaklak. Emma thanked Irene. They sat down and looked at each other for quite a while. Irene made sure that she remained poised. She sat straight.

"No wonder Greggy married you, you are one gorgeous lady, Irene." sambit ni Emma na nakapag-pangiti kay Irene.

"That's wonderful to hear, Mama, thank you. It's fantastic to be finally meeting you in the flesh. I have just seen your portrait in the mansion of the Aranetas, and I can say that you are way more beautiful in person." puri ni Irene sa kanyang biyenan.

She was being really careful with her words. Every word that comes out of her mouth should be flowers and rainbows.

"My portrait? Sa mansyon? I think you're mistaken, darling." sabi ni Emma at mahinang natawa.

Irene shook her head a little. "It was you, Ma. Greggy told me. It was placed above the grand piano downstairs. I think it was painted? You looked so graceful in that portrait. Katabi pa nga 'nun ang litrato ni Greggy noong bata pa siya, if I'm not mistaken."

Emma's eyes were sparkling while listening to Irene. She was glad that there was little memory of her in that mansion.

"It must've been Patricia or Elvira who placed that. Duda ako kung si Luis o si Greggy ang naglagay 'dun, cause that's not going to happen." she chuckled. "By the way, I already ordered for us, if you don't mind."

"No problem, Mama. By the way, aren't you gonna inform Greggy about your arrival? I mean... maybe he would want to know." Irene suggested.

Emma shook her head. "Maybe not now, anak. Gregorio is angry at me, iba 'yun magalit. Enough of that... Anyway, how is Greggy treating you? How is being married to him?"

Irene nodded and immediately understood that Emma isn't that comfortable talking about those things that involve Greggy and hers rift. She answered Emma's question

"It's been well, Mama. We're both busy with work but still manage to come home to each other... Greggy's treating me well, hindi naman po niya ako binibigyan ng sakit sa ulo. He's the one who cooks, cleans the penthouse sometimes, and comes to do grocery shopping with me. He's taking the husband's duties kind of seriously..." natawang sabi ni Irene.

Matamis na ngumiti si Emma. "That's great to hear! I am very thrilled to hear that. Thank heavens that he's not becoming like his father,"

Irene laughed. "Bugnutin rin po minsan... is Papa Luis seloso po? Like noon, if you don't mind me asking."

Emma hummed like she was thinking of the old times. "I don't really recall Luis getting jealous, kasi most of the time I was with him. Why seloso ba si Greggy?"

Napakamot sa batok si Irene. "Kind of po."

"I don't expect him to be like that, kwento ng mga nobya niyan noon na hindi raw iyan nagseselos. He just let them be!" sabi ni Emma.

Irene suddenly wondered if Emma knows about Greggy's girlfriend, Isabelle. She wanted Emma to know so that the older woman won't be too much fond of her, knowing that this marriage wouldn't really last that long. As much as she wanted to tell Emma, she's not in the right place to say.

Their food arrived at nagpatuloy ang pagku-kwentuhan nila. Emma is fun to be with, madaldal at palakwento. Bukambibig nito si Greggy, kinukwento ang mga alaala noong pagkabata ni Greggy.

"He kept running and running along with his sisters pero pag narinig na niya ang kotse ng ama, they would all run to the treehouse doon sa mansyon! Have you gone there?" aliw na kwento ni Emma.

"Oo po. Naikwento nga po ni Greggy sa akin that they would escape from all the parties and would climb to that treehouse. I'm sure he had a great time." sabi ni Irene habang kumakain.

"He surely had! Pilyong bata 'yan, but he's smart, grabe. I am so proud of that son of mine..." nagmamalaking sabi ni Emma.

After eating and paying, they both decided to shop. Irene was driving her car and Emma was with her since Emma just hailed a cab on the way to the Shang Palace.

"Where are you staying nga pala, Ma?" tanong ni Irene habang nagmamaneho.

"Oh, I'm staying at Conrad. Ayaw ko naman makaabala sa mga anak ko. And sandali lang rin naman ako dito." sagot ni Emma.

They shopped for a few things, kung ano-ano ang binili ni Emma para sa manugang. She is very fond of Irene. She got a bonus daughter through Greggy. It's new to her because she doesn't really get to bond with her children like this: eat, shop, pamper themselves.

She caressed Irene's hair while Irene was fitting a shoe on. Umangat ang tingin ni Irene sa kanya at matamis na ngumiti.

"Your parents are beyond lucky to have you as their daughter."

"Thank you, Ma."

After hanging out the whole day, Irene drove Emma to Conrad after dinner. She helped Emma bring all of the things they bought inside her hotel room. It was a presidential suite. The room was wide, it can be a condo unit with the private pool, bedroom, living room and kitchen. It even has its own butler.

Irene's phone beeped as a sign of a message.

From: Greggy

Where are you? Nakauwi na ako. Should I pick you up?

She looked at Emma and said, "I have to get going, Ma. Hinahanap na po ako ni Greggy, nakauwi na po siya." she stood up and Emma did the same.

Emma embraced Irene and kissed her head. "Sorry I kept you long. Take care, okay? Text me when you arrive and thank you for today, anak..." Irene smiled and nodded and left the establishment.

She went inside her car and replied to Greggy.

To: Greggy

I'm on my way home. I brought food.

She brought a take out from the restaurant that Emma and her had dinner. Thankfully, the traffic wasn't so heavy so she managed to be home earlier than she expected.

She found Greggy sitting on the couch in the living room while watching television.

"I'm home," she announced.

Nilingon siya ni Greggy, "Oh. Wifey's home!" Greggy said in glee.

Nilagay niya muna ang mga pinamili sa walk-in-closet niya at nagbihis, pagkatapos ay pinuntahan ang asawa. She prepared Greggy's food. Greggy approached her in the dining area and sat down on one of the chairs. Nakatingin lamang siya kay Irene habang ipinaghahain nito ang pagkain na para sa kanya.

"You shopped?" tanong ni Greggy. Irene looked at him and nodded. "Did you have fun?" tumango muli si Irene. Greggy smiled. "That's good to hear. Should I give you one of my cards para sa pang-shopping mo? Or baka may gusto kang bilhin para sa penthouse?"

Ngumisi si Irene at umiling. "I don't need your money. Kumain ka na," she handed him a plate and sat in front of him.

She texted Emma, informing her that she had arrived.

"Who are you texting?" tanong ni Greggy at sinusubukan pang dumungaw para makita ang telepono ng asawa.

Tinago ni Irene ang telepono. "Wala, just my secretary, I reminded her to settle all my schedules for this week." pagpapalusot niya.

It seems like Greggy believed her. "Can we have a movie night tonight before going to bed? I mean, if okay lang naman sayo—"

"Yeah, sure, why not?" sabi ni Irene at ngumiti.

Lumawak ang ngiti sa labi ni Greggy at nagmamadaling kumain at mag-ayos ng pinagkainan. He excused himself to go to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Irene was just waiting for him in the living room. She was choosing the movie.

Ilang minuto ang lumipas, Greggy came back and turned off the lights, he sat beside his wife.

"Horror pwede?" tanong ni Irene habang namimili ng papanoorin.

"Anything you would like," sabi ni Greggy at pasimpleng umusog para mas mapalapit sa asawa, sumandal siya sa couch.

Irene picked a horror movie and leaned her back on the couch. Naramdaman niya ang braso ni Greggy na naka-sandal rin doon. So it seems like she was leaning on Greggy's arms.

Patagal nang patagal, mas lumalapit na si Greggy sa asawa. He slowly wrapped his arm around Irene's shoulder and made her slouch a bit, for to fit in his arms. He made her lean her head on his chest. Now, they look like they're cuddling.

Hindi na iyon namalayan ni Irene dahil seryoso itong nanonood. Pasimpleng hinalikan ni Greggy ang ulo ng asawa at hinimas-himas ang braso nito. He felt Irene's skin more because she was wearing a spaghetti top.

He reached for the blanket on his side and wrapped it on Irene's legs in one hand.

"You're cold, naka-shorts ka pa naman." bulong niya, Irene just hummed and adjusted the blanket.

Minutes later, one of the few intense scene came on the screen. Napatili si Irene at napatago sa kanyang kamay, she moved closer to Greggy. Greggy smiled as he watched his wife's reaction, mas natutuwa siya na ganito ang pinapanood nila dahil mas napapalapit sa kanya ang asawa.

"Scaredy cat!" asar niya.

Irene looked up to him, "Why are you not scared? Nakakatakot kaya!"

"It's not, I actually like it." sabi niya at niyakap ang asawa.

Irene's hand rested on Greggy's chest as they continued to watch the movie.

"I know why you're enjoying this, yakap na yakap ka sa'kin..." bulong ni Irene.

Greggy tried to divert her attention. "Tignan mo oh, mukhang nasa likuran nila 'yung multo."

Irene was about to rise but Greggy pulled her even closer to him. He made her put her legs above his, it looks like Irene was hovering him.

"Sus... pa-simple!" sabi ni Irene.

He shushed her. "Focus, Irene... Baka nasa likod mo na 'yan..."

"Greggy!" mas yumakap pa si Irene sa asawa nang  dahil sa takot, tumawa si Greggy. Irene slapped her husband's chest. "You're scaring me! Stop nga! You're mean!"

"Okay... okay... I'll stop. Just stay in your position and watch, wife." sabi ni Greggy at hinalikan ang noo ng asawa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497K 6.7K 44
❝chris?❞ ❝ what?❞ ❝sorry for pushing you away❞ (πŸŽ€) 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ 𝐠𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐨π₯𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧 falls in love with her childhood best friend. what...
2.9K 101 50
Seventeen-year-old Gemma Parker is tired of always being the friend. The one he calls after he gets home from his dates at night, the one he confides...
6.9K 489 11
Irene has a secret that she will regret for the rest of her life. Can it be revealed?
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC