WRITTEN IN THE STARS | alicen...

By luvrobrien01

House of the Dragon ________ In which the course of history is changed with Daemon Targaryen arriving to Kin... More

disclaimer
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter five
chapter six

chapter four

2.5K 145 13
By luvrobrien01

________

________

A sennight had passed since Dameon and Alicent's interaction where he soothed Helaena and put her to sleep. Currently, Viserys had suggested that Alicent, Rhaenys, Laena, and Rhaenyra start planning Rhaenyra and Laenor's wedding. Now, the Velaryon's, Alicent and Aegon were present, however, Rhaenyra seemed to be missing and not present. Alicent brought Aegon with her, not wanting to leave him alone with the maids.

The moment that the mother and son duo walked into the room, Aegon's eyes lit up with excitement and happiness when he noticed the younger Velaryon.

"Lae!" Aegon screamed from Alicent's arms, moving around so he can go to the other woman. Alicent noticed his need and put him down on his feet causing him to run towards Laena and wrap his arms around her legs.

Rhaenys smiled as Laena laughed at the young boy's enthusiasm. "Seems like someone is excited to see me." Laena spoke as she grabbed Aegon and held him in her arms.

"Good morrow, princess." Alicent smiled at the elder Targaryen princess, before she glanced around the room, looking for Rhaenyra. "It seems that Rhaenyra must be late."

"It seems so, your grace." Rhaenys exclaimed with a roll of her eyes, wondering how careless the heir of the Iron Throne can be. She has yet to understand her responsibility and duty but she is the heir and daughter of the King so her actions will be overlooked.

Alicent sat down across the seat from Rhaenys. "I suppose we must start the preparations for the wedding without Rhaenyra. However, I'll have a maid let her know that her presence is wanted." Rhaenys agreed as Alicent instructed one of the maids to find Rhaenyra.

Alicent and Rhaenys settled and decided majority of the preparations for the wedding with occasional input from Laena and Aegon. However, the duo spent most of the time playing games with one another as Alicent kept her eye on them. It was decided that the wedding will take place in two moons as ravens will be immediately sent so other houses of the Realm can arrive one to two sennights before the wedding. The wedding was soon because the two Velaryon's' had to return to Driftmark to attend to their duties.

"Everything is settled. I'll let the king know everything that was decided." Alicent stated as the preparations were over. The only thing left was Rhaenyra's wedding dress which she had to be present to decide.

"It must so be hard to be such a young queen and mother." Rhaenys commented as she stared at Alicent's rigid form and torn nails on her fingers with dried blood.

Alicent gulped under the concentrated gaze of Rhaenys before she responded and gave a diplomatic answer, "Yes, being a queen is hard because of our duty to the smallfolk to ensure their needs are meet."

"It must also be hard performing your duty to the King." Rhaenys noted.

"I am grateful being the Queen which means that I must do my duty." Alicent remarked, tired of the scrutiny from the princess. Every little girl dream of being a queen, however, it is better left off as a dream. They don't understand the pressure you have, the duties you must complete to the realm and to the king for the satisfaction and pleasure.

"I do not mean to make you feel uncomfortable. However, it must be hard being a fourteen-year-old girl married to a man old enough to be your father and made to give birth to children that will never be in line for the succession. Let me ask you a question, Alicent, do you ever wish for your son to wear the crown?" Rhaenys questioned the younger girl with judgement and hint of pity in her eyes. A part of Rhaenys was glad that Laena didn't marry Viserys because looking at Alicent, she could see the life that her daughter would've had. Alicent's eyes represent sadness and her eyes only light up with her children. That's what her daughter would've become. A queen made to birth children who would never be more than a prince or princess.

"I would never wish for my children to carry the burden of the crown." Alicent exclaimed in shock at what Rhaenys was suggesting. 

"Many would." Rhaenys instantly remarked. "There's something different about you. It seems that your father's departure has made you understand the weight of the crown and burden it carries. As much as I pity you, I'm grateful for you and your visits to the King because of that my daughter is not in the position you are in.

"You knew?" Alicent gasped. Nobody except her father knew about her visits to the King since he made her visit him.

"I have eyes everywhere. It seems your father finally showed his true ambition and his need for power. All men want their blood on the crown. Corlys failed with Laena's betrothal to king, but he succeeded with Laenor and Rhaenyra's marriage." Rhaenys commented. As much as she loved her husband, his ambitions grew ever since Rhaenys was passed up for being a woman and denied her right.

"Well, it seems what you have wanted is happening. Laena is free to do whatever she wishes." Alicent sighed with a hint of envy as she glanced at Laena and Aegon laughing.

Rhaenys nodded. "I was going to ask Rhaenyra to take Laena as her lady in waiting, however, the queen is lacking in ladies. A queen must have her allies in court." She suggested indirectly for Laena to become Alicent's lady in waiting.

Alicent then realised. It seemed that the Velaryon Princess did not know that she already had one lady. However, one lady was not enough but she didn't know that one existed. At the right moment, her lady in waiting walked into the chambers with her daughter, Helaena, in her arms.

Alicent smirked before she spoke. "Oh, it seems your mistaken, princess. Meet my lady in waiting, Joanna Lannister, it seems you haven't met."

Rhaenys looked at the Lannister woman who was the Queen's lady in waiting. Joanna stood with Helaena in her arms with a Lannister smile on her lips. Joanna spoke. "It's a pleasure to meet you, princess." She bowed.

Rhaenys laughed as she remarked. "So, you might survive the odds and the game."

"I quite hope I do." Alicent grinned.

Alicent is already ahead in the game. More than what Rhaenys had expected. She expected Alicent to be a puppet of her father's ambition, but it seems that she might have grown a spine and has started to be the master in the game for her children's protection and survival.

Joanna smiled before she interrupted. "The little princess here is hungry, your grace." Joanna told Alicent, as she spoke formally in the presence of others, however, in private, the two had become good friends.

"I must excuse myself, princess, I shall be back in a moment." Alicent spoke as she stood up. She glanced at Aegon who was too busy with Laena.

"Aegon will be fine. You feed Helaena your milk?" Rhaenys questioned as it was an unusual thing for women to do, however, her mother and herself fed their children their own milk instead of using nursemaids.

"I missed out on the experience with Aegon; however, it is something that allows me to connect with Helaena." Alicent responded. She turned and made her way to the door but turned around at the last moment.

"It would be an honour to have Laena as my lady in waiting if she wishes."

Rhaenys smiled at Alicent's offer and was ask Laena if she wished to stay in the Red Keep as the queen's lady in waiting, however, by looking at her and Aegon, she knew that Laena would accept. Alicent left the room with Helaena in her arms and Joanna on her side. The two walked in one direction as Rhaenyra approached the chambers from the other in a hurry.

Rhaenyra had gone to ride her dragon and once she had landed, she was reminded of her meeting with the Queen and Velaryon's about her wedding which she was late too. Rhaenyra had quickly rushed to take a shower and ran towards the chambers.

The doors abruptly opened once again with a puffed Rhaenyra at the entrance catching her breath. "I apologise for my lateness. We can begin now."

Rhaenys rolled her eyes at the young princess. "Everything has been decided, princess, the wedding shall take place in two moons and guests from all the houses in the realm shall after a sennight before the wedding for celebrations."

Rhaenyra's eyes widened. "Does it not seem too soon? I wished for the wedding to be a bit later."

"If you had been here then you would've been able to share your thoughts and suggestions. However, there is an urgency for the wedding to happen because as soon as the wedding happens, my family can return to Driftmark. The only thing left to prepare is your wedding dress which I'm sure that you can do." Rhaenys responded with concentrated gaze on the princess.

Annoyance filled Rhaenyra, she wished to extend the wedding so she could perhaps find someone else to marry or convince her father to let her marry Daemon. However, it seems that she had less time than she had intended.

Rhaenyra sighed. "I would love if you could assist me in the design of my wedding dress."

"It would be an honour."

Rhaenyra looked around the chambers and saw Laena with Aegon in the garden as she huffed at the presence of her half-brother. Laena noticed the princess and walked up towards the pair with Aegon in her arms who clung to her tightly.

"Good morrow, princess." Laena bowed in her greeting.

"It is great to meet you, Laena, once again. It has been a long time, and your beauty serves you justice." Rhaenyra complimented.

Laena smiled before replying, "Thank you, princess. It has been a while since we played as we were children." Laena spoke reminding them of the childhood memories that they had shared.

Rhaenyra smiled fondly as she thought of her childhood memories before she continued to speak. "I was meaning to ask you if you wanted to be my lady-in-waiting after my wedding and stay in the Red Keep." She offered.

Laena went to respond before Rhaenys interrupted her. "It seems that Laena has just accepted the Queen's offer of being her lady just a few moments before you entered."

Laena was shocked for a moment before she quickly composed herself and sent a smile to the Targaryen Princess.

Rhaenyra's face burned in anger, and she took a deep breath and replied. "I would hope you give time to rethink about my offer as I am the heir to the Iron Throne while Queen Alicent will no longer be queen once I ascend the throne."

Rhaenys smirked and said, "We do understand how the order of things work in the court."

"I'm delighted about your offer, and I will think about it and let you know about my response, princess." Laena spoke calmly, trying to deescalate the situation.

Rhaenyra clenched her jaw. "Since most of the wedding preparations have been decided on then I must excuse myself as I have other duties that I must attend to." She stomped out of the room.

Rhaenys stopped herself from laughing as she turned to Aegon. "Now, Aegon, we will have to make sure that you turn out to better than your sister and father." She poked his cheek playfully causing the silver hair baby to let out a toothy grin and laugh.

________

heys guys!

how did you feel about it? feel free to let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote!

i know it's been like forever since i have updated and i'm sorry😭. but here's the update after a long time. i was ngl struggling of what to write next but i have some things planned. i hope you guys like this chapter because it took a while to write. im going to try to update as much as i can. i can't wait for you guys to see what i have planned for the next chapter. omg!

see you later and hope you enjoy! also please comment because i loved reading your comments in the previous chapters😭🫶🏼

i appreciate all the love and support this book has gotten. thank you!

also pls follow me on tiktok. i already have a few tiktok's posted so pls check 'em out.
@luvrobrien01

ADDITIONALLY!!
pls don't be a quiet or silent reader!!! i love reading feedback and your funny comments and opinions, it encourages me and gives me a reason to write.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3K 49
Princess Daena and Prince Aemond are childhood best friends turned enemies when tragedy strikes them one night, separating them for what seems like f...
22.5K 627 8
𝘼𝙉𝘼𝙀𝙇𝙔𝙎 𝙏𝘼𝙍𝙂𝘼𝙍𝙔𝙀𝙉 tore her mother apart from the inside out. She had gotten stuck halfway from the womb, slowly eroding the bones and...
106K 6.2K 72
Viserys is trying to make peace with the Velaryons before they start another war so he offers up his eldest son and heir, Taelon for Laena and Rhaeny...
352K 13.6K 52
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.... The love of a mother for her children damns all. HOTD x Elaina Hightower © 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐞