Sample

By rowena_wiseman

Micro fiction / Updated when inspiration strikes ... More

Intro
Push
Poker face
Living
Buttons
The presentation
Sorry
Inspiration
Recurring nightmare
Wine bar
Home Beautiful
Couples
Raccoon
It all started and ended with Nicolette
even nuns have holidays
Seismic
Customs
AAA AAA
Numb
Body
101 Dalmatians
Stationary
I want to suck face
Labour of love
Hobby
Hide your play
Subject to change
Feather pillows
Missing cord
Nitric oxide
Love
Pissing on the patriarchy
Placeholder
You don't know what love is
Freedom
Venus
Weeping Women
Author's note

The Master and the Margarita

250 18 0
By rowena_wiseman

Curiosity types his name into a search engine. In the first search result his name is alongside dates. A start date. And an end date. The ghost from my past is a ghost. The obituary says, 'Above all he was an ethical man.' I pined like needles for him in post-modern Russian literature class. Victory the day he gifted me The Master and the Margarita on the concrete steps at university. It all ended with three nights in Prague, hate snaring our tired legs at Kafka's cottage, sand running through our blood on the Charles Bridge. This romantic city a nightmare, trapped together in baroque loathing for three nights. Sacrifice of the ethical man for a wild year. He'd written a short story, described us as sugar-coated pills on a bookshelf, he'd told his sister he hated my bravado, my phone ran out of battery, we broke up at the airport on the way to Prague. He'd organised my visas, spent hours at the Russian and Mongolian embassies. I took my passport. Freedom. More men. Watching the sunrise. Fireflies by the Great Wall. Not a care for anyone. No care for the ethical man or lynching hearts. He'd said he had a feeling he wouldn't live to forty. It gives me shivers to discover he'd been right. Our time was mis-matched. Regret weaves a text-based tapestry with lines from Tolstaya, Bulgakov and Chekhov, she says 'narcissism is a sin' and misplaces a 'g'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24M 834K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
211K 9.2K 76
A fire incident at his(Kim Jae-soo) husband's home while he (Baek Ji-Hu )was away made Kim Jae-soo return to his third year of university (he was reb...
58K 566 38
Imagines abt notti,ddot,nd dd Cussing, and some smut for the freaks🫡🏾
34.9K 2.3K 67
Ghar se thay chale Toh yeh baat ho gayi 🎢🎢 Nazarein aise jo takra gayiiiii Ke hume aashiqui aa gayi 🎢🎢 Collection of Short Stories......