Pain and Petals

By KayleeOlson20091

"Pain and Petals" isn't merely a poem book; it's an outpouring of emotion, Through the eyes of diverse souls... More

Authors note
a heart is safest behind the bars of a cage.
the boy and the moon
Pink ribbon
Mistaken love
Eclipsed sun's
Am I not enough.
Trust issues
A piece of him
Fairy tales don't exist
Left on seen
Unrequited
Banquets of flowers grew thorns
Sick of this love
Love has its limits
Stars
Falling out of love
twisted turns
Mind blank. Heart empty.
I'm weak from a war I've created.
The only time I see you is through eyes of tears

Venomous love

1 1 1
By KayleeOlson20091

I loved him before knowing him well— Fell harder on the thought he might fall as well. Days passed, I took things as sign's, and lies as truths.

Daily, his poison became my desire, Through tender kisses and generous embraces; I mistook for love this perilous fire, Drank his venom with desperate desire.

Like naive Eve, who without a serpent's hiss, Took the apple, unaware of the betrayal in a kiss.

Blinded was I by this masquerade of affection, Believed that true love was akin to affliction. Beauty, they say, often comes with a sting, So I shunned the alarms that my companions would bring.

Though whispers of warning echoed deep within, I was entangled in webs spun from his venomous grin. I loved him, it's true, in a most toxic fashion, Praising sparse gestures, mistaking control for passion.

His minimal kindness seemed a prize to claim, Proof, I thought, that he could indeed be tamed.

To hold onto hope, I ignored the glaring proof, That love isn't meant to hurt, but too help yourself bloom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 62.4K 39
စိုင်းတည်တံ့ဉီး + နှိုင်းမြတ်ဘုန်း
11.2K 2.2K 28
Deep inside the depths of melancholy and vulnerability, where every word holds the weight of a thousand unspoken truths, discover secrets only whispe...
34.9K 1.1K 66
A collection of my poems about love, crushes, depression, feeling lonely and pretty much all the emotions I go through as an angsty teenager :P Hope...
15.8K 543 85
" Nadiyon se behte khwaabon mei dub Alfaazon ko taraash rhe hum tairne ki koshish na karo Saahil nhi hai idhar, gehra samundar hain hum" My fi...