FRESH AIR || Haikyuu!! X Read...

By caxsthetic

Different people, different mind. Starved to be loved and yet we couldn't do anything to make them love us. T... More

Be Mine? || Akaashi Keiji
Loving You || Oikawa Tooru
Gentle Affection || Sugawara Koushi
Intoxically Mine || Akaashi Keiji
Pleading Eyes || Bokuto Koutarou
Hopeful Eyes || Bokuto / Akaashi
Lovely Eyes || Akaashi Keiji
Behind Those Eyes || Bokuto Koutarou
Not Anymore || Kageyama Tobio
Homesick || Oikawa Tooru
Away From Home || Oikawa Tooru
Coming Home || Oikawa Tooru
Divided Heart || Nishinoya Yuu
Main Character || Tendou Satori
Lost to Pride || Miya Atsumu
Lost to Doubt || Miya Atsumu
Lost to Him || Miya Atsumu
Completely Lost || Miya Atsumu
Made a Way || Bokuto Koutarou
Grant her Wish || Kita Shinsuke
Leave Me || Sawamura Daichi
Love Me || Sugawara Koushi
Fluffy Comfort || Kozume Kenma
Drunken Cowboy || Miya Atsumu
Let it Brimmed || Tsukishima Kei
Balter || Tendou Satori
Need You Now || Kuroo Tetsurou
Stuck With U || Oikawa Tooru
Elegiac || Miya Atsumu
Caim || Kita Shinsuke
Anagapesis || Kuroo Tetsurou
Querencia || Oikawa Tooru
Saudade || Akaashi Keiji
Just Fine || Miya Osamu
Be Fine || Miya Osamu
Not Fine || Miya Osamu
Never Fine || Miya Osamu
Fine Line || Miya Osamu
Will You Be Fine? || Miya Osamu
I Am Fine || Miya Osamu
Who Needs Memories || Miya Osamu
Warm Up || Yaku Morisuke
With Hope || Miya Osamu
With Time || Kageyama Tobio
In the Rain || Miya Osamu
With Lie || Suna Rintarou
Agape || Iwaizumi Hajime
With Bond || Miya Atsumu
Let The Storm In || Kita Shinsuke
When The Storm Passed || Kita Shinsuke
Through The Storm || Kita Shinsuke
Compromise || Kita Shinsuke
The Dumb One || Miya Atsumu
Round and Round || Suna Rintarou
In Circle || Suna Rintarou
Right Back Home || Miya Atsumu
Contented Heart || Kita Shinsuke
When The Curtains Closed || Sakusa Kiyoomi
To Stay || Kita Shinsuke
The One || Miya Osamu
Who Have You || Miya Osamu
HC || Pampering Day
HC || First Christmas
Wedding Band || Kuroo Tetsurou
Golden || Miya Atsumu
Secluded Booth || Miya Osamu
Sleep The Night || Miya Atsumu
With Each Flaw || Hirugami Sachirou

To Love || Kita Shinsuke

511 9 6
By caxsthetic

Pt. 2 of Don't Need Reason Mini-Series

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Your smile was the prettiest thing that he had ever seen in awhile, for it extended to your eyes and deep into your soul. It was filled with honesty, so pure that he couldn't wrap his mind around how someone could have a smile as beautiful as yours.

And when you cried, with tears cascading down your cheek and visible snot wanting to get out from your nostrils, even though your eyes were puffy and you looked like a mess without you even knowing — he still saw you as an angel.

He was this close to smacking Atsumu on the back of his head when he saw the setter make fun of you. Though when he just took one step forward, you already kicked the blonde on the ass with so much force, making his poor underclassmen topple to the ground.

There was just something about you that enchanted him, even before he knew your name. No one actually acknowledged him at first since he was not even on the main team. He never cared anyway since he never expected a lot from people. He just did what he thought was right — and one of them was to accompany a girl safely back home.

From waiting for you to lock the gymnasium, to walking with you every afternoon. From just a simple thought of chivalry, to something more foreign that he didn't even know at first. You slid into his life without him realising it, you were just suddenly there, becoming his new routine. One that was now his favourite.

Ojiro could see a little frown that was visible on his friend's facade, no matter how much the captain tried to act like everything was fine. Kita had his new jersey on his hand, orbs lingered at the road ahead with a mind filled with thought.

"Grown-ups like to say, the process is more important than the results." He spoke up, "Lotsa kids don't like to agree with that. But me? I am with the grown-ups." Ojiro just listened, wondering what was with the sudden speech.

Honestly, Kita felt so foreign with the emotions that he felt for the past year. Sometimes he caught himself smiling in the middle of doing chores, he would laugh a little when he was thinking of something funny. Being happy, it was something that he rarely felt.

Peaceful? Calm? Yes, but genuinely joyful that he wanted to just scream out how happy he was right now? It started to happen the moment he met you.

"My everyday actions are what makes me who I am. Results are just the side effects of what I do." And right now he couldn't help but think. "But, does this count on the result side of things?" He raised his jersey, gazing at the number printed right at the middle of the black fabric.

And then there was silence, both teenagers kept walking side to side. One second, two seconds —

"Bah! What do all the fussy details matter anyway?!" He jumped out when Ojiro suddenly screamed beside him. "Folks don't need reasons to feel the way they feel!" His pace stopped, listening to his friend. "If it makes you happy, then it makes you happy and that's fine!"

Kita stared at the taller man with wide eyes, blinking a few times as he processed the words to his mind. Then he smiled, and the smile turned into a laugh, ringing through the air as he didn't expect his friend to be so agitated with his speech. "Hey, what's so funny?"

He kept thinking about how volleyball actually became the source of his happiness. It brought a new routine to his life — practice, cleaning, taking care of himself even more. And from all of that, volleyball brought him to you.

"Good point."

He hummed after that, his heart felt so light since he finally accepted the feelings he got just the way it was. Ojiro kept stealing glances towards the new captain, a little bit surprised with how expressive he was today. "What do you think of love, Aran?"

"God damnit, did Atsumu hit yer head with a volleyball again today?"

The taller man was perplexed by the sudden question. It was not like Kita Shinsuke at all, to ask something as petty as love. The captain could only chuckle when he heard the response, though he didn't say anything after that, waiting for a proper answer from his friend. "Love is ugh— sweet, I guess. And colourful, wild, but at the same time it's something that makes us feel like we're always home..?"

He tried not to snicker at the answer. Ojiro's intonation really showed that he himself was actually confused about the idea of love. Well, for teenagers like them that were barely thinking about relationships, of course the words seemed so foreign.

"For me though, I think love is something that can only bloom when we put effort into it." His mind took him back to his second year. "It's not going to be there if we don't spend our time with them, not going to happen if we don't place a little piece of ourselves in them."

He didn't know why he decided to make it a routine — walking home with you. At first, he just wanted to make sure no one from the school would bug you. Yet he ended up walking you home, waiting for your figure to be gone from his sight the second you closed the front door.

"Love is actually an investment, you know that?" He could feel how Ojiro was ready to deny that statement, but he continued. "But instead of money, we have time. We are the one who chooses what we would do with the time that was given to us. And when we spend it with someone, it means we already invested ourselves in them."

"Huh?" It was the second time this day Kita tried to drill his brain, and right now he really couldn't think anymore. "Ugh, I don't know anymore. You always think everything needs a reason."

"But there's always a reason when it comes to love." He continued on, hugging the brand new jersey closer to his heart. "True love is a love of giving. Like what I said before, we spend our day with someone, and with time it will grow to be love. And since I give my time to her, therefore, the love grows from there."

It didn't make sense to a lot of people, but when he found out about it in one of the books that his grandmother had on her shelves, it really knocked something inside his heart. Though by now, he really expected some outburst from the ace like before, but he only received silence.

"Maybe that's true but—" His hazelnut eyes darted to his friend who was now having his gaze fixated to the ground, thinking. "There must be something about them that makes us want to spend our time with them, right? We don't just give our time to a random person anyway."

He thought he could finally grasp the reason for the feelings that he harboured towards you — but now, he was back to zero.

His jaw clenched together, eyes darting back to the road ahead. Kita never thought that he would find something like love in his second year of high school. No matter how many times his grandmother always joked around about wanting to see him wearing a wedding suit or kimono, he usually just forgot about it in minutes.

Then came you, and all of a sudden the thought lingered a bit longer than it was supposed to.

He should have walked home with you today, just like almost every day since the start of his second year. But no, you asked the twins to treat you to gelato after practice — surprisingly getting an instant green light by the two of them.

Truth to be told, he didn't know what kind of relationship he had with you. You were not really close to him like you were with the fellow second years, but you were not that distant to be called as just a mere acquaintance.

"I think you need to do more than just walking with her after practice."

Kita's eyes widened when his friend spoke up all of a sudden, halting his pace as he threw a questioning look to the taller man, asking more pieces of information. "(Y/n), I mean. She's quite popular, you know?"

He was sure that he never showed any different behaviour towards you, always made sure that his expression was the same at school and practice, all day long. Never did he think that someone would catch up on his feelings—

"You said you give your time to her, when you explain all of the reasons for love just now."

"I did?"

"Yup." His friend chuckled when he displayed a dumbfounded expression on his face. "Am I wrong though? I'm sure it's her since there are no other girls you spend your time with."

"Could be Kaori."

"Are you saying it's Kaori?"

"I don't know."

He didn't want to talk about it, talking about his feelings was something taboo in his opinion. All his life he was safe by never showing people around about what he felt, and since love was new to him, he didn't know the fatal outcome that might come to be if he shared it.

"Alright, alright, I will drop it. But yeah, maybe not (Y/n) though, I think she won't be single anymore at the end of the day."

"What...?"

His voice cracked, and right now he really wished that his friend was only saying that to test his feelings, only to seek proof that he was indeed — in love with you.

"Huh? I thought you knew it already. Everyone was talking about it in the locker room."

But no, not everything would be like how he wanted it to be in this life. And he should have known better that love was the same, nothing came so easily.

"One of the twins is going to confess."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Holy crap I really miss writing for Haikyuu sometimes HAHAHAHAH. Hello everyone!! Hope you guys still stick around~ How are you all? I want to write some angst but still unsure who should I write...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 321 8
ンリ゙゚ Haikyuu x reader 〃 "𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 �...
138K 1.8K 15
SFW agere oneshots for haikyuu pairings !
97.3K 1.1K 42
------------------- "𝐎𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲."-------------------- ...
401 13 11
KuroKen fanfic I originally wrote this years ago, then discontinued it. I wanted to go back and fix some things, while also changing the plot just a...