FLOWER GIRL // Percy Jackson

By Stargirl45326

❀˖° In which Azalea West the only daughter of Persephone couldn't keep her eyes off the new arrival. "CAUSE... More

FLOWER GIRL
000
001
002
003
004
005
006
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018

007

2.2K 60 10
By Stargirl45326

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

—— "THANKS FOR COMING." Percy said to the two girls coming into Medusa's house. It was decorated in a rather outdated style with dim lighting. But what caught Azalea's eye was the table full of delicious looking food. "This isn't the same for me as it is for you."

Azalea had heard the stories of Athena and Medusa and sure it was unfair but Medusa didn't have to go around freezing people into stone every minute she got. It was cruel and unjust, Azalea hated being in this house she hated even seeing the woman. The blonde girl could feel the evil coursing through this house, and it's like she could feel the spirit of the people only problem was she didn't know where it was coming from.

You know how there are some things you would never tell a soul well for Azalea It would be her connection to the underworld. She hated it so much that she pretended it didn't exist. Azalea was half sunshine, spring and flowers and half dead, black roses and technically princess of the underworld. She had buried that evil down a long time ago though never to be seen again Azalea had made that choice to not be evil to not be like her mom instead of being known for both Azalea was known as flower girl. That was who she was and she had made that choice. Although Azalea thought all of this she would never fully understand Medusas story and that some times it's the only choice you get in life.

"Why." Percy spoke up catching her attention, she made her way to stand next to him. Azalea grabbed tightly on to his green flannel when she saw Medusa out of the corner of her eye. "You're concerned I would hold a grudge against you. Simply because you are a daughter of Athena." Medusas melodic voice range through the air, Azalea flinched away from the woman whose eyes were covered with a hat still holding on to Percy. He didn't mind at all the blue eyed boy was actually enjoying that the pretty girl had latched on to him for comfort.

"You shouldn't be, we're not our parents after all. An you and I might have more in common than you think." She poured us all drinks. "Please sit and eat." Azalea was as well very iffy about this she looked at Percy to see what he would do. He pulled out the chair near Grover and sat in the one closest to Medusa leaving an empty space for the short girl. Azalea thought about it for a minute before sitting in the wooden chair. "No weapons at the table daughter of Persephone." The woman at the end of the table told Azalea in a calm voice. She still had her bow and arrows activated "I don't trust you." Her eyes stayed on the sweets in front of her. "You can trust me" Medusa told the young girl. "Give me one reason why is should, when i can feel the spirits of people trapped here." She kept her voice to a low.

Percy cut her of "So of your not a monster, what are you then?"

"A survivor."

"You must be a little more then that. There's a Fury out there that seems terrified of you." Percy exclaimed.

"Because she knows what I think of her. I don't like bullies, when one shows up on my doorstep they end up spending a lot more time there than they planned for." Medusa continued to tell her story as Azalea grabbed a mini croissant and smelled it for poison. Luckily for her any tip of flower poison would not work on her but anything else definitely would.

The gift the gods gave me is that I cannot be bullied anymore." Medusa drilled on in the back, Azalea came to the conclusion that it was safe and almost ate the croissant in 3 hole bites from how hungry she was. "What my mother did to you wasn't a gift." Annabeth said from the other side of the table. "It was a curse."

"You are loyal to your mother."

"Yes." Annabeth didn't even need to think.

"You stand by her."

"Always." She replied.

"You love her?"

"Of course I do."

"And so did I." Azalea looks up from her plate interested in what Medusa had to say. "So did I. Do you known the story of how I came to be this way."

"I do." Grover raised his hand next to her. "Do you." A bell chimes in the background sending shivers down her spine. "Do I." He responds.

"Athena was everything to me. I worshipped her, I prayed to her, I made offerings she never answered. Not even an omen to suggest she appreciated my love. I wasn't like you sweetheart." Another chime rung. "I was you."

" I would have worshiped her that way for a lifetime, in silence. But then one day another god came and he broke that silence. Your father the sea god told me that he loved me. I felt as though he saw me in a way I had never felt seen before. But then Athena declared that I had embarrassed her and that I needed to be punished." This was getting deep Azalea through. "Not him, me. She decided that I would never be seen again by anyone who would live to tell the tale." Medusa finished her story.

"That isn't what happened. My mother is just, always." Annabeth defended.

"The gods want you to believe that they are infallible, but they only want what all bullies want. They want us to blame ourselves for their own shortcomings."

"That is not what happened. And you are a liar." Medusa pause at this smelling the air for an nonexistent sent. "Something's burning. Would you give me a hand in the kitchen, I think lunch is ready." The woman said to the group, getting up and walking away from the table. Azalea looked over her shoulder to the blonde boy next to her. He was looking at Annabeth who was shaking her head at him but Percy didn't listen and got up anyway. Walking away to find Medusa.

Azalea watch him as he left her sight hoping that the next time she saw him he wouldn't be stone. "Grover... Azalea..." She looked up at Annabeth who was still standing. "Get ready to run."

—— COMPLETE DARKNESS WAS all Azalea could see every where she looked. The only thing grounding her was Percy Jackson hand that she held tightly. If you were to ask Azalea why she was holding the son of Poseidon's hand she would tell you it was to help guide her through the dark but in all honesty she was scared out of her mind. Footsteps were heard echoing from around them a slight light lit up the dungeon like basement. Fire spread all around them casting a orange glow on the teens faces. They could all now finally see the countless of stone people surrounding them.

"Come on." Annabeth pulled them along. While running she tried to avoid all of the petrified eyes that seemed to fallow her every move taking her empty had and rapping it around her pomegranate necklace out of habit. As they all ran farther into Medusas basement Azalea felt more and more like throwing up from how the stone people never seemed to end. She tightened her grip on Percy hand, he returned the action holding on tightly pulling her along with the rest. If she wasn't running away from Medusa at this moment the thirteen year old girl would be freaking the fuck out that she was holding a boys hand for the first Time.

"There's four of us and only one of her. If we split up she can't be watching us all at once." Grover said out loud in the quiet dungeon. "I don't think it'd be that simple." Annabeth told him all of them coming to a stop. "It could be." While Grover was talking Azalea realized she was still holding Percy's hand and let go, feeling a loss of comfort at the disconnection.

"Here's the plan. I'll get in the air I'll draw her attention. As soon as you hear me say, "Maia" you guys start." Grover started floating in the air. "How did he even get those on" Azalea wonder out loud. "Off down." Grover yelled floating higher in the sky.

"So we're going to need a new plan." Annabeth stated next to her, Azalea shook her head in agreement.

"We are not our parents until we choose to be." Medusas voice echoed from behind the three. "Ok let's go." She quickly told them sprinting away from the steady cadence of her heels clicking. "You three have chosen." Azalea was about to run past the boxes when she felt Annabeth pull her to the side and into a hiding spot.

"A daughter of a self-righteous mother, who chose self-righteousness for herself." She creeped closer with every word. "And you you could have shown what it means to stand up for someone you love. You could choose to save your mother instead of doing your fathers bidding. If neither of you will help teach these lessons, perhaps you should be the lessons."
"When I ship your statues to Olympus." A glow from Percy's sword brought Medusas attention to where he was hiding. "Maybe that will get my point across even better. Stand up." The monster woman made her way to Percy making Azalea's breath go uneven as she watched.

"Let's have a look at you." Percy jumped out of his spot with his eyes closed, Medusa got closer to him. Azalea grabbed hands with the invisible Annabeth getting pulled behind Medusa, when the blonde got close enough behind her she took a few big steps back and pulled a bow and arrow of her back aiming the tip of her arrow at the bottom of Medusa neck.

A loud bang was heard from above "I didn't really think this through!" Grover came crashing down from the air running in to a bunch of wooden boxes. Azalea took this as her time to attack sending the arrow flying in to Medusa back. The pain sent the woman in a hunchback position allowing Annabeth to put the invisibility cap on her snake infested head. "Now." Annabeth yelled to Percy who sliced Medusa head of with one clean swipe of his sword.

Azalea took a big leap back from the head rolling her way. " Ewwwww." She gagged in disgust. "Did you hear that?" Percy followed the sound past Azalea.

"Yes." She gagged again "I think it's her head." Percy leaned down to pick up Medusa decapitated head, Annabeth and Grover joining Azalea in her spot. "Ewww Percy don't pick it up." She attempted to stop him but he didn't listen.

"As, man."

"You found it." Annabeth questioned.

"Hope so" Percy replied. Azalea was definitely going to make him wash is hands throughly after he was done.

—— PERCY AND AZALEA had made it back down the stairs after taking down Alecto with Medusas head. Only to find Grover staring at a stone saytr as still as can be. "What is it?" Azalea walked up to her friend taking notice of the tears brimming on his eyes. "Uncle Ferdinand." He told her In a somber tone.

"Oh no." Percy voice behind him.

"Grover I'm sorry." Annabeth came on the other side of Azalea. They were all now gathered with Grover staring at the statue.

"This is as far as he got on his quest. We aren't even to Trenton, but look at him." He paused. "He's not like the others, he... He doesn't look afraid. Grover story casted a somber feeling over all of them.

The saytr cleared his throat "you used the, um, you used the head to get rid of Alecto?"

"Yeah." The blonde boy answered.

"Good. That was the right move." Azalea put her had on Grover's shoulder to comfort him. "Uh we probably should get going. It'll be dark soon." He cleared his tears.

Percy shook his head "but what are we gonna do with the head. I just took down a Fury with it and I wasn't even trying. We can't just leave it for someone to find." The blue eyed boy paused to think of a second. "Leave the hat on and bury it in the basement. That ought to keep it safe."

"Sure." Annabeth said. "Now can we talk about the bigger issue here."

"What bigger issue." Oh no they were staring again. Azalea couldn't stand the bickering especially in this moment. The blonde girl brought her had down and cupped them together before opening them and reviling a red poppy laying gentle in her palm. "A red poppy." She told Grover as they zoned out of the convention behind them.

"A symbol of remembrance and hope for a peaceful future." Azalea arm extended to place the red flower in the area between his stone neck and stone shirt leaving it to rest in the crevice. "Thanks." Grover looked away from the flower and to the girl next to him giving her a thankful smile.

"Is your mother still alive?" She zoned back in to the conversation behind her. "She's with Hades."

"But I appreciate your concern." Percy told Annabeth.

"Guys, just please stop." Grover cut in.

"Oh im Concerned." Annabeth started again.

"Guys." It was Azalea's turn to bud in now. "What are you actually doing on this quest. And why did I have to hear about this from Medusa."

"Ok, while we're at it 'you should accept my offer' what's that about do you think. And why do we have to hear about it from Alecto?"

"Enough." Grover yelled making the teens turn to him. "The hat was from her mother. It's the only thing she's ever possessed that connects them. That ought to matter to you."

"Ok but how are we gonna make sure this thing is safe?" Percy questioned.

"I'm not up to that yet." The saytr turned his head to Annabeth. "And you, really? His mom's alive, can you imagine how confusing that must be for him. Feeling like he may have to choose between the fate of the world and the fate of the only person who's ever cared about him."

"Why are you talking like this." The brown hair girl interrogated.

"Because all day I've been trying to keep this quest on track with out upsetting all of you. But maybe things need to get a little upsetting before we move forward." Azalea was happy she wasn't part of this the blonde had been an angel compared to the rest of her friends on the quest. "She asked you a question back in the woods, and you be really answered, what are you so afraid of."

"What are you talking about." Percy replied.

"Come on Percy what is it." Azalea spoke up.

"I don't know."

"I think you do." Grove pressured some more. "You been fighting with her. You've been fighting with me. And you've been on the brink of fighting with Azalea."

"Because the oracle said one of you would betray me. Okay." Azalea was taken aback by his outburst. "You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend, and you shall fail to save what matters most in the end." He quoted. "That's the rest of what she said to me, I chose her because I couldn't imagine we'd ever be friends." He turned and pointed to Azalea. "I chose you because at the time I thought that if you betrayed me it wouldn't hurt that bad." Azalea raised her brows at this, offended by his words. "And I chose you because I thought if I can count on anyone to be by my side, it would be you. And now I'm feeling so alone. I don't know what to think or who to trust."

Azalea took a deep breath "why would you think I would betray you?" Her voice had a sad tone to it. Yes, they had only known each other for a few days, but clearly the girl had proven that she wouldn't betray him, and that she trusted him. Azalea would never betray anyone, and she certainly wouldn't have betrayed Percy. "I didn't mean it that way." Azalea didn't listen and just walked away. Sure it was kind of dramatic, but she didn't do it because she was mad at Percy. It was more of the fact that everything that happened in the last 24 hours. Had just crashed on her like a wave. "Azalea?" Percy called out to the blonde girl "I'm not mad, just give me a minute."

Azalea walked behind some boxes, stacked on top of each other and leaned her back against it. She had killed two people, the first people she had ever killed, and in between all that Percy has just admitted that they would be betrayed and everything was just a mess. The short girl would get overwhelmed very easily, and either it would end up in tears or a panic attack.

when the blonde was little, it was worse anything that was slightly too much would send her in a spiral. At the moment she had drowned out the voices that were still talking, her breath got heavy.

Deep breaths.

Was what she was telling herself. Azalea closed her eyes trying to calm herself even further.

You killed them.

The thought brought tears to her eyes. "Azalea." Her friends voice grounded her. "Azalea what wrong." A concerned Annabeth asked. "I don't want to be a murder." Her voice wavered.

"What makes you think you're a murder." Azalea swallowed her spit and whipped her eyes. "I killed two people today." She admitted staring up at the dark ceiling.

"They we're going to kill us if you didn't, you protect us." Annabeth took in her friends appearance her red eyes and uneven breathing made her extremely worried. "But i didn't... I killed them, I don't— I don't want to be a killer." Her breathing got more uneven making it hard to speak.

"Azalea you need to breathe." Annabeth's told her. Azalea hiccuped and attempted to calm her mind and breathe. Annabeth pulled her into a hug, embracing her best friend. "You're not a killer." The words started to calm her down. Slowly her breathing got back to normal and Azalea pulled away from their long embrace. "Thanks." She mumbled.

Annabeth nodded her head "Always."

Azalea transformed her bow and arrows back into a bracelet her eyes landing on the one Luke gave her and back to Annabeth. "Let's go see what those stupid boys have done."

—— "PERCY YOU CAN'T ship Medusa's head to Olympus." Annabeth and Azalea had joined Percy and Grover at a table with Medusa invisible head on it. Percy took notice of Azaleas red eyes and had a concerned expression take over his face. She just shook her head hoping her would get the hint not to ask her. He did that god moving her concerned eyes away from her slowly.

"Why not." He sassed back.

"Because the gods won't like it." Annabeth told him. "At all." Grover continued.

"Why, that's what you do with dangerous stuff. Like batteries you just send em back where they came from." Percy explained.

"Look this a bad idea." The blonde girl told him.

"They will see this as impertinent." Annabeth continued.

"I am impertinent."

"That's not something you want to be. That's not something we want to be." She motioned between Annabeth, her and Grover.

"Really very not." Grover told the boy who was getting a box out.

"Look Medusa tried to derail our quest, she's got serious beef with your mom. When you look at it that way, this seems kinda like tribute or something, doesn't it." He picked up and put Medusas head in the box. "This way a part of your mom is still with us." Percy took his Han out of the box with Annabeth's hat and handed it to her. "Thank you."

"So this isn't exactly what I meant. By choosing each other." Percy continued packing Medusa up. "There are actually dangers involved here that cannot be..." Grover was cut of by the blue eyed boy clapped his hands.

"Oh no." Azalea spoke up.

"You're gonna sing the song aren't you?" Grover said, Percy started clapped faster.

"Oh, golly the roads gettin' bumpy." Percy sang making a small smile break out on Azalea otherwise sad features. He saw this and a smile spread on his face as well.

"Consensus."

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

I love my sensitive girl!!! And the Annabeth and Azalea moment has my heart I love their friendship. 🌸

Love Estella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 97 7
⇝ 𝐜'𝐦𝐨𝐧, 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 !! 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, in which after spending two years at camp half-blood, you and annabeth get chosen on a quest along w...
6.3K 162 16
"BORN OF BEAUTY, LOVES ENCHANTING DAUGHTER" _________________________________________ WHERE VIVIANNE AZAELA is chosen to go on a quest to return Zeus...
129K 3.6K 31
❝ 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐎𝐓. ❞ or sarcastic plus sarcastic seemed to mix well-or not. iro...
7.1K 226 15
✦ . ⁺ . ✦ .  ⁺ . ✦ ↳ percy jackson and the olympians x oc ✦ . ⁺ . ✦ .  ⁺ . ✦