The Angels of Power

By Irish_Wolves

By: StormyFireDragon Published with permission) What happens when Harry gets his magical Inheritance. Things... More

Visits and information
Diagon Alley
Inheritance
Demons below

The prophecy

1.8K 64 10
By Irish_Wolves

Albus Dumbledore was a powerful wizard. Indeed he was the one person that Voldemort feared. However in recent events it came to the attention of people that there was a second wizard that Voldemort had no interest in fighting. That wizard was none other than Harry James Potter. Voldemort was now running scared of yet one more person on the planet.

Albus sat behind his desk and stared into the fire. He was reliving the events that took place in the Department of Mysteries in the Ministry of Magic. Harry bravely put himself in harms way to rescue his godfather. Sirius Black was the one that almost died. Thanks to Harry, Sirius was alive and well and currently in St Mungo's receiving medical treatment. The fight in the Atrium led many to believe that Harry and Albus had been telling the truth the whole time. The Minister for Magic himself witnessed the confrontation between Harry and Voldemort. Voldemort had finally attempted to do the one thing that Albus feared the most. He attempted to possess Harry however briefly. Fortunately for everyone, Harry's soul was so pure that Voldemort did not stay in for long. Albus had no doubt that Voldemort was in his hiding place at the moment nursing his wounds and counting his good fortune to still be alive. From there, the Ministry officials sat down and listened with a careful expression to everything that Harry had to tell them.

"Minister Fudge," said Harry loud enough for everyone to hear. "My friends and I have discovered some interesting information that may help us to end this war once and for all. You have witnessed with your own eyes that Professor Dumbledore and I have been telling you the truth for a year now. It is time that action be taken to stop the spread of the dark army. We can win this if you only listen to what we are trying to tell you. We have chosen our side. It is time for you to do the same. We want the end of Voldemort. It is time for the side of the Light to win. However we can not do it without your help. Please listen to us this time. We can end this once and for all."

Albus was so proud of Harry that night. He stood up for his beliefs and spoke his mind. By the end of the evening he had the Minister of Magic on his knees begging for forgiveness. It was two days later that Cornelius Fudge resigned as Minster and Delores Umbridge was fired. Amelia Bones was currently acting as Minister until a new one could be found and voted in.

Harry and his classmates all returned to Hogwarts and were healed quickly by Poppy Pomfrey. None of the students were in any danger of dying, but Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley would have scars on their bodies for the rest of their lives. There was nothing that could be done about that. Harry felt very guilty about the events. Hermione had to forcibly tell him on more than one occasion to shut up. She knew that Harry was not to blame. He had on made more than one attempt at getting the group to stay behind. Their loyalty is what had them follow him into the most speculated part of the magical community and into the hands of the best laid out trap. When it was all said and done, Harry and his classmates succeeded in stopping Voldemort form getting his hands on the Prophecy. They were all, safely back in Hogwarts. It was then that Harry approached him. Albus was in a conundrum as to what to do from here. Harry had approached him and asked that he not be sent back to the Dursleys.

"Professor Dumbledore," said Harry. "We have to start trusting each other now if we are going to beat Voldemort. You are not telling me everything that I need to know and I am just as guilty of this as you are. I am begging you to not send me back to the Dursleys. They are cruel people who refuse to let me eat. I get hit often, beaten, and I am treated like a slave. Now that Sirius is a free man, let me stay at Grimmauld Place. I will be fine there."

"Very well Harry," said Albus. "I have need of your help anyway. This way I can kill two birds with one stone as the saying goes."

"What is it that you need help with?" asked Harry curious despite himself. "I will help in any way that I can Professor. I just need you to be honest with me and tell me everything that needs to be known about the situation."

"You have proven more intelligent than I could have ever hoped for," said Albus kindly. "You have courage, passion, compassion, and a caring heart. You are purely selfless and are a leader by nature. Your actions in the Department of Mysteries are living testimony to that statement. It is my wish that you assist a certain pair of young men. They will need your skills and your protection."

"Who is it?" asked Harry curiously. "I don't mind helping anyone. You know that."

"That I do my boy," said Albus with a smile. "I need you to help young Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Zabini. They have finally seen the light and are in need of someone like you in their corner. Upon hearing what has happened in the Department of Mysteries, they are worried that something will happen to them now that their mothers and fathers have both failed the Dark Lord on more than one occasion. Severus has asked me to ask you as well. Being Draco's godfather, he is worried about him. That is not to say he isn't worried about you or Mr. Zabini."

"What is it that you need me to do for Draco and Blaise?" asked Harry. "They are skilled with a wand and can take care of themselves."

"They need a true friend," said Albus. "They need someone that will help them through this troubled time. Their safety among Slytherin House is almost assuredly at an end. They are currently sleeping in Severus' spare room. As Sirius' godson and such, you have the ability to allow Draco to stay in Grimmauld Place with you this summer. You also have the ability to allow Mr. Zabini the same comfort. Both of their parents are now in Azkaban. The Dark Lord may not forgive them a third time and they may find that they are in for the duration if not killed by Tom."

"So basically you want two Slytherin students who have made my life a living hell since I came to Hogwarts to stay with me in my Godfather's home for their safety?" summarized Harry. "You also hope that when you check on us from time to time that we have not killed each other."

"That would be about right," said Albus with a laugh. "If anyone can reach these young men it is you Harry. You are free to say no, but I think you are the best hope that they have."

"I will do it for you," said Harry. "I need a few things to help me along the way, but I will do my best."

"What do you need?" asked Albus. "If it is within my power to do so, I will help you."

"I need permission for us to go to Diagon Alley as we need to for supplies and such," said Harry. "I am also going to need help from someone other than Kreacher. He is a nuisance at best. If Dobby and Winky would be willing, maybe they can come and help us at Grimmauld Place. I am also going to need the assistance of Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, and Luna Lovegood. They are good friends and very loyal to me. Last but not least, I am going to need to know everything that is going on so that we can plan ahead and learn what we are dealing with. My friends and I are young, but we are not stupid nor or we without our own ways of assisting one another."

"What about young Mr. and Miss Weasley?" asked Albus confused. "I thought that they were your friends as well. You did not mention either of those in your list of helpers."

"I have over heard something that I want to check in to," said Harry. "This is something that I need your help with and of Severus if he is willing. The two of you are the only two Legilimens that I know. I need Occlumency classes to continue. Severus and I were making some head way when you were evicted from the castle. I think it best if my friends as well as Draco and Blaise receive those lessons as well."

A knock sounded on the door and Albus bade them to enter. Severus walked in with Draco and Blaise. Both Slytherin boys looked nervous when they saw Harry sitting there. Harry nodded politely to them and then smiled at Severus. Draco was surprised to see it. He was even more surprised when Severus smiled back.

"Have you come to an agreement yet brat?" asked Severus. "Are you going to help Draco and Blaise?"

"Oh yes you old bat," said Harry fondly. "I was just going over some finer details with Professor Dumbledore when you came in. I am actually glad you are here. I need a favor as it were."

"If it is within my power, all you have to do is ask," said Severus sitting down. "What is it you need?"

"I was just telling Professor Dumbledore that I need the Occlumency classes to resume," said Harry. "I also mentioned that if we were to help Draco and Blaise that I would need the help of Hermione, Luna, and Neville. I also mentioned that I heard some disconcerting information regarding the Weasleys."

"What did you find out about them?" asked Severus. "I am more than willing to continue with Occlumency lessons. I think it will be a good idea for the whole group to learn it. Draco has a basic understanding, but you are more advanced than he is."

"Professor Dumbledore, how many vaults does the Potter family have?" asked Harry. "I am not talking about my trust fund. I mean the actual Potter Family vaults."

"I honestly do not know," said Albus. "It was not something that your mother and father disclosed to me. I am neither your guardian nor am I your magical guardian. Therefore, I have not been privilege to that information. Sirius would have to ask. I am sure that he is your magical guardian. However if this is something that you trust me with, I can always find out. You just need to tell us what is going on."

"Three," said Severus quietly. "James Potter has three family vaults. Lily has two. The only reason I know is because Lily and I were friends. She told me. It was not my place to say anything as Sirius is your guardian. Lily found out while she was in school about the Evans vaults."

"I think something is wrong with my family vaults," said Harry. "I overheard something that doesn't sound right. It makes me think that someone is stealing money from my vaults. If this is true, we need to put a stop to it immediately. With Sirius in the hospital, it may be best of Professor Dumbledore handles this himself."

"What makes you say that?" asked Albus. "Does this have anything to do with the Weasleys and why you are not counting them as your friends any longer?"

"I overheard a conversation between Ron and Ginny yesterday," admitted Harry. "If you would allow me to use your pensieve, I can show you all the memory. This way, I do not get something wrong, and you can all give your opinions."

Albus went to his bookcase and tapped a certain book on the shelf. The wall opened up and a huge stone basin rolled out of the opening. Harry lifted his wand to his head and pulled out the memory. From there, he placed it in the bowl. Draco and Blaise were just as curious as Albus and Severus. Everyone surrounded the bowl. Draco and Blaise looked uncertainly at Harry.

"Please," Harry said. "I would like your opinions as well. I may be over reacting or something. I want to make sure I am not looking for trouble that doesn't exist. I have enough enemies as it is."

Albus tapped the bowl with his own wand and the images of Ronald and Ginny Weasley rose and began speaking.

"I am telling you Ginny that I have had enough," said Ron. "Mum is not giving us enough money to keep on being a part of this. These last few days were the worst. We could have been killed in the Department of Mysteries. As it is, I will be scarred for life."

"We still have to be careful," said Ginny. "If, Harry or Hermione, figures out what is going on, it could ruin everything. I will not lose my chance to get my hands on the Potter family fortune."

"Just remember our deal," said Ron. "I get a good cut of the takings. Mum says there is a fortune in those vaults. Hermione will be a problem. She is to smart and her bond to Harry is to strong. We have to figure out how to separate the two of them."

"I will not forget," said Ginny. "The deal is as it stands. Fred and George told me that Harry should fall easy prey to a potion. He is easy to manipulate. Slipping him something should be easy as he trusts us with everything. Maybe we can do the same thing with the mudblood."

With that the memory faded as the Weasley siblings walked away. Harry picked up one of the empty bottles and placed the memory inside of it. he handed it to Albus.

"It sounds to me like they are up to no good," said Draco. "It does appear that they are stealing from the Potter Family vaults. It appears that the whole family is in on the plan."

"I have to agree with Draco," said Severus. "It does appear that the Weasleys are not as light as we perceived them to be. The fact that they are willing to use potions on you to get your money is not that good. They are being underhanded and very sneaky about this. My question is how did they come by the key to the vaults?"

"I think they may have stolen it from me," said Harry suddenly. "When I first came to Hogwarts, all I had was a few trinkets from my childhood. One of them was an old key that Aunt Petunia said was the key to the front door of my mum and dad's house. I believed her. It was the only thing from my parents that the Dursleys ever gave me. She said that it should act as a reminder of what happens to dead beat people who do nothing for the good of humanity. Plus Bill works for Gringotts. He could have just told them that I lost my key and needed another one."

"Your Aunt told you that?" asked Blaise in disgust. "That is an awful thing to say to a child. What kind of person is she?"

"Especially as your parents are dead," remarked Draco angrily. "How could anyone be so callous as to say something like that to a child about his dead parents? This is an outrage. Now do you see why I dislike muggles so much?"

"Lily and James Potter were very brave people," said Severus. "They fought hard to stop the Dark Lord. It cost them their lives. I think I will pay a little visit to Privet Drive and question them as to what in the hell they were thinking. For the record Draco, not all muggles are as bad as that lot. Some of them are actually good people."

"First thing we need to do," said Albus tapping his chin in thought. "We need to wait until term is finished before we act. That is only a couple more days. You are to watch your food carefully. All three of you know how to cast a detection spell. I suggest that you start casting it on all food and drink. Try not to eat anything that is given to you by someone else. We do not want any mishaps to occur. Severus and I will start carrying the antidote of poison on us. I also want the three of you to start carrying a bezoar in your pocket in case of an accident. Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Zabini, for your safety, this summer you will be staying with Harry. Mr. Longbottom, Miss Lovegood, and Miss Granger will be joining you. I will send Minerva to the Grangers and inform them of what is going on as well as get permission. I will send Filius to Xeno and do the same. Severus, I need you to keep an eye on the youngest of the Weasley clan. I will speak to the staff and then to Madam Longbottom with regards to Neville. I also need to talk with Sirius about all of this as well."

"What sort of adult supervision are you sending?" asked Severus. "Even though they are all mature young men and women, I think it is best if there is at least one adult with them at all times."

"While Sirius is in the hospital," said Albus. "We can have Remus stay with them. "That way they have someone that can help them with their summer school work as well. I also think it is time for this group to start their advanced studies. You all have three months to study and read and such. I will be taking a personal interest in your education from now on as well. For the next two days, I think it is prudent to move the group of students to a safer area. Now that I am thinking about it, I think we can allow them to leave school early. We need to get these three in particular into Grimmauld Place. Therefore, I want you three to go and pack and meet me back here in one hour."

The group all split up and left. The three students left to go and pack. Severus made his rounds while Albus talked to Filius and Minerva. Both immediately went to their offices and left via the floo network. By the time that they came back, Harry, Draco, and Blaise were all packed and ready. Albus shrunk their trunks and each boy pocketed them. Hedwig and Magus were let out of their cages.

"Meet us at Number Twelve Grimmauld Place," said Harry to the owls. "We will let you in once we get there."

Albus pulled out an old tea kettle and turned it into a portkey. He activated it and the quartet vanished from Hogwarts. Upon arriving, he unshrunk their trunks.

"I expect that the rest of the group will be arriving within the next few hours to a few days," said Albus kindly. "We will look into things for you while school is still in session. I suggest that you all make yourselves at home. I will send Dobby and Winky here within the hour. This place can use the cleaning touch of loyal elves. Be very careful with what you pick up. We do not know what is hidden in here that can be dangerous."

With that being said, Albus smiled on last time at the trio and left. Harry showed the two boys around. Walburga's curtains opened and she started to scream at them.

"Aunt Walburga?" he asked. "So this is where your painting went. I often wondered."

"Ah," said Walburga in satisfaction. "A Black with good upbringing is finally in my home. It would be best of you helped get rid of the filth of these half bloods from our family home."

Draco pulled out his wand and stunned the portrait. From there he set it on fire and watched as it burned up. Harry and Blaise smiled at this. Once the portrait finished burning, Draco put out the flames with a well aimed Aguamenti Charm.

"It is about time we shut that old hag up," said Harry yanking down the curtains. Sirius hates that portrait. He will be delighted that it is gone."

"Harry," Draco said turning to him. "I want to thank you for agreeing to help us out. It was very kind of you to agree even after all the hell we put you through."

"I am a heroic Gryffindor remember?" asked Harry laughing. "Welcome to Grimmauld Place. There are rooms everywhere for you guys to choose from. When Dobby and Winky get here, they can make us some dinner. I have no idea where Kreacher is at the moment and he doesn't listen to me anyway. I am not a pureblood."

"I am starting to wonder about that," said Draco. "Severus said that your mum had two family vaults. If your mum really was a muggleborn, then she would not have any vaults. By marrying James Potter she would only have the Potter family vault to work with. If there are two Evans family vaults, then your mum is NOT a muggleborn. Somewhere along the way something got mislabeled or something."

"I see where Draco is going with this," said Blaise. "Granger doesn't have a family vault because her parents are muggles. Their money gets transferred at the start of each term so that they can get her supplies. Your mum and dad died when you were a year old. That is not enough time for your mum to fill two vaults with stuff. She married your dad right out of school. So she would have just added what she could to your dad's family vault. She would not have had time to start her own family vaults."

"So it is possible that I am a pureblood after all," mused Harry. "We all know that my dad was a pureblood."

"The Potter name is a very old one," said Remus coming into the kitchen. "They are purebloods back to the time of the founders."

"What about mum's family?" Harry asked. "If what Draco and Blaise said is true, then mum was not a muggleborn."

"I have no idea," said Remus. "We will not know until we get to Gringotts. I am afraid that I come bearing some bad news for you Harry."

"What is it?" asked Harry becoming alarmed. "What has happened?"

"I am afraid that Sirius is dead," said Remus starting to cry. "He was murdered in his sleep. The healer on duty was under the Imperius Curse and slipped him a poison. He died about an hour ago. I am so sorry cub."

"No," said Harry sitting at the table with a thump. "That can't be. They just found him to be innocent. He can't be dead. He has to come live here with me. He is my guardian. He has to come back here. I can't lose another person to Voldemort. There has to be some mistake somewhere. Please tell me this is a joke or something."

Remus wrapped his arms around Harry just as the boy broke down. Albus, Minerva, Hermione, Neville, and Luna all entered and witnessed the scene before them. Hermione and Luna took over Harry while Remus explained to Albus and Minerva what was going on. Draco and Blaise stood there with sympathetic looks on their faces.

"Oh dear," said Albus. "This poses a problem. Sybil Trelawney made another Prophecy and it doesn't bode well for Harry. The two at once are much to much to handle at one time."

"I don't know," said Minerva wiping her eyes. "It sounded like Harry is going to be a powerful force to reckon with. I think he can handle this even during his time of loss. You need to tell him. He will not forgive you a second time if you withhold information from him again."

"What did the Prophecy say?" Harry asked wiping his eyes. "What is in store for me now? Even though Sirius is gone, I need to know what is going to happen. I can handle it."

Albus looked at the young man he loved like a son with a small sad smile before he launched into the words of the Prophecy.

The one with the power to lead the world of magic is soon to come into his inheritance. The one that was destined at the beginning of time will be a powerful force for the side of light. Once he comes into his own power, his followers will come into theirs. This person will have the power to defeat the darkness and rid the world of the serpent man. The lightning bolt shall be his symbol. The world of magic will improve and magic will prosper as it should. Each follower shall have their own gift as the leader will have them all. The color of the wing shall depend on their power. The Angels of Power approach. Beware the dark for the light will shine. Beware the Angel with the golden wings for his vengeance is righteous.

Harry subconsciously raised his hand to his scar. Albus nodded sadly to him.

"I am sorry my boy," he said wrapping his arms around him. "I am sorry for your loss and for what you have coming in store for you. You are destined to lead the light as the leader of the Angels of Power."

"Then it would appear that Voldemort made a grievous error when he attacked me and my family that night," said Harry angrily. "My mother has given me the power to lead the light. We shall rid the world of darkness. I promise you all here and now that I will defeat Voldemort and his followers. He will be brought to justice for his crimes against humanity."

Severus came in at that moment and heard Harry's proclamation.

"I have no doubt that Lily is smiling down on you as we speak," said Severus. "I will be there by your side through all of this. I will follow you."

"As will I," said Minerva. "I have loved you from the moment you were born. My pride in you has grown by the day. I will follow you to the end."

"Count me in Harry," said Neville. "I have said it before and I will say it again. I am your friend and I will follow you anywhere."

"I will be there for you," said Hermione. "From the beginning, I have been your friend and I will be there to the end. You can count on me to help in ay way that I can. I will start researching the Angels of Power."

"I will help you," said Draco. "I may not have always agreed with Harry, but his heart and morals are in the right place. I have only said and done what I have done for my own safety from my father and the Dark Lord. From now on, I will stand by Harry's side and fight for the light. You can count on me."

"Draco speaks for both of us," said Blaise holding out his hand. "I will do my part as well."

The rest of the group all placed their hands on top of Blaise's. Albus placed his hand on top of theirs.

"We will be there for you Harry," said the old wizard kindly. "You have the full support of each and every person in front of you as well as others. You will not have to do this alone."

"You are my cub," said Remus. "My loyalties have been with you since the day you were born. I am with you until the end."

"We will work on your dealings with the bank," said Albus. "Minerva and Severus will head back to the school. I am going to go to the Ministry of Magic. Remus will head to St Mungo's and deal with Sirius' remains. Dobby and Winky will be here in five minutes to come work in this house with you. All I ask is that for now, you do not leave this house under any circumstances. We do not want any problems for the moment. We will all meet and discuss more when school lets out in a couple days. We will bring you back to the castle after that so that we can decide what we are going to do from there."

"Thank you all for everything," said Harry. "If you all do not mind, I need some time alone to grieve. Can you have Dobby bring me some tea or something later? I will be in Sirius' old bedroom on the top floor."

"We will take care of it Harry," said Hermione quietly. "Just call if you need one of us."

"You are all able to do magic here," said Albus. "The Ministry will not know if you are using magic. This house prevents them from knowing. Plus you have my permission. Therefore, do not worry about getting into trouble and such. We will have study sessions set up and arranged for you within the week. We will be back soon. For now get some rest and learn how to deal with one another. You are all on the same team now. House emblems are no longer an issue. It is time to ban together as one cohesive fighting force."

With that, the adults all left the house and headed back to their destinations. Harry left the room and with his trunk floating behind him, he went up the stairs. Dobby popped in a few minutes later. Harry decided to take a soak in the tub while Winky and Dobby cleaned up Sirius' bedroom. Kreacher was in the kitchen talking to Draco. Draco ordered the old elf to make some tea for everyone and then to start dinner.

Life for Harry was not going to be easy, but the others were determined to do their part in all of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 8.7K 20
Harry comes into his inheritances on his 18th birthday, and many surprising revelations come to light. Will sparks fly when he finds his mate during...
31.4K 700 10
At the graveyard, Harry was screaming not just about the pain in his scar but with the new creature body he is inheriting. What if due to the creatur...
552K 14.1K 33
Harry Potter thought his life was over. Having been beaten to almost an inch of his life many times, he receives an early inheritance, and discovers...
80.5K 2.4K 23
Harry Potter has inherited his creature. He thought it was hard and awful at first when his relatives sold him to become richer but nothing compares...