Purple Thunder | A Jayden Shi...

By _readablestories215

Tawny Bartley has lived in the Shiba house since she was 6 years old after her parents died from fighting off... More

Info ~ please read
Origins, Part 1
Origins, Part 2
The Team Unites
Deal with a Nighlok
Day Off
Sticks and Stones
A Fish out of Water
There go the Brides
I've Got a Spell on Blue
Test of the Leader
Jayden's Challenge
Unexpected Arrival
Room for One More
A/n
The Blue and The Gold
Team Spirit Part 1
~ A/n ~

Forest of the Trees

187 4 0
By _readablestories215

All of us are sitting around the map table. Jayden had all 4 disc's laid out in front of him. 

"Now that we've recovered 4 of the lost disc's, we have a new power disposal." Ji started.

"Beetle." Jayden said.

"Swordfish." Jayden added.

"Moth." Jayden added, again.

"Tiger." Jayden ended, "Together, these 4 disc's allow us to form the Samurai battle wing."

"Wow, that looks like one powerful bird." Mike stated.

"Yes. Thanks to these disc's." Ji answered, "So each one has to go to the person we believe is truly ready to help pilot the battle wing."

"I'll keep the Tiger Zord." Jayden began.

"Wait, but isn't that Tawny's father's? Why doesn't she keep it?" Mia asked.

"Because I'm keeping the Moth disc, and I'm the only one who can actually control it." I tell her casually, "I can't control both the Tiger and the Moth Zord at the same time."

"Oh!" Mia slurred out of her mouth.

"Yep, and the Swordfish disc goes to Kevin!" Ji started, "You caught it and therefore has a connection with it."

I saw a happy and proud smile pull up onto Kevin's face. Seeing him smile made me smile as well. Then when they presented the Beetle disc I noticed Mike smile in pride, thinking it was him that they picked.

"We've decided that the Beetle.." Ji began.

"Should go to Mia." Jayden finally answered.

"Me?" Mia repeated Jayden in disbelief. 

"We trust your control and your symbol power the most." Ji explained, "And we know you'll do difficult work thats needed to master this disc."

I look down at Mike's hands. He had one hand wrapped around his fist, pressing onto it hard. Soon his smile turned into a furious frown.

"Thank you. I won't let you down." Mia stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished my daily training even though we didn't have training today. I just showered, and I got dressed into some normal clothes. 

I can hear Mike yelling from the front yard. He's been training all day. He was my training partner for majority of the time I've been training. 

He's yelling as if he wants to Punch someone in the face. I have never seen or heard him this mad out of all the time I've spent with him. 

The other Rangers were in the kitchen making and eating sushi. Soon enough I walked through the Kitchen doors. The first thing I said when I stepped through those doors were, "Is he still training out there?"

"I don't know. I've never seen him train so hard." Kevin stated.

"He's actually been working really hard on his symbol power lately." Emily agreed as I went to fetch a bowl to place my sushi in, "I think he wanted that disc, bad."

"I know. I felt kind of bad taking it instead of him." Mia stated.

I was about to speak up, but Ji beat me to it.

"Don't feel bad. Your hard work is one of the reasons we've chosen you." Ji said, "I told Mike he needs to work just as hard."

"He's been trying.." Emily said.

"Yes. And I believe he has it in him." Ji said, "But until he learns to listen..he isn't ready."

We ate our sushi before going off to do whatever it is we have to do. That was before the Gap sensor went off.

We all ran off after checking the location of where the Nighlok is located. While running outside of the Shiba house we all drew our Power Symbols before transforming into our Ranger suits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we arrived at our destination everyone was soaked and crying, "What the-" I uttered as I watch every person I see cry a river.

"Hey. What is all this?" Jayden asked.

"Everyone's so glum. It's like they've all become Kevin." Mike offended.

I smile at that.

"What?!" Kevin said.

"Look!" Emily warned us about the Nighlok who is giving us all his attention.

"Isn't it wonderful? Such delicious steps of despair from my rain. They're so lucky! They get to experience the purest, the cruelest, the loveliest misery of all! The loss of hope." The Nighlok said.

"Thats horrible!" Emily said in sadness.

"Yes! Isn't it?" The Nighlok answered in pure evilness.

"We gotta get rid of this guy fast!" Mia stated.

"Oh we will." Mike answered.

"Ew! What an ugly little sunny out-look you have!" The Nighlok teased, "Especially when the weather forecast calls for rain! My reign of pain!" The Nighlok teased, again.

"Not going to happen, Nighlok." Jayden told him, "Lets go!"

We all charged for the Nighlok only to get a big blast from his staff. We landed even farther away from the Nighlok than we were originally at. 

"Mia! We need to use the New disc's!" Kevin told her as the 2 Rangers stood up then got ready to battle the Nighlok. 

"Right!" She answered. They got out the disc's.

"No! Wrong is ray!" The Nighlok yelled blasting the beetle disc right out of Mia's grasp.

Mike leaped for the disc then caught it, "Wow! Nice catch!" Mia complimented holding out her hand for Mike to give her the disc. 

Mike didn't give her the disc right away. He held up his Forest spear with the beetle disc inches away from the spear. He's clearly thinking of using the beetle disc without Mia's consent.

"Mike." I stated his name in a scary and sincere tone. I stood up staring at the Green Ranger who's acting like a child, "Don't do this."

It was like I'm invisible. He didn't look at me, glance at me, answer me, or listen to me. He placed the beetle disc onto his Forest spear.

"Mike!" I yell his name in a serious tone. I grab his spear out of his hands before he could do anything with it.

"Mike! Stop! You're not ready!" Kevin informed him.

Mike tried to grab his spear out my hands, but I kicked him straight into the stomach. He landed on the side of his body a couple feet away from me. 

"This is no fun. I'll come back to fight when you're not fighting yourselves!" I heard the Nighlok tell us. His hair spread out like an umbrella making him float up high into the hair. 

"Guys stop it! Get him now!" Jayden told us.

My attention was caught onto the Nighlok, who was flying. While I was distracted, Mike got up then swiped his forest spear out of my grip. 

"Mike!" I yell out his name as an attempt to stop him from doing what he was about to do.

Kevin and Mike ran for the Nighlok. Kevin shot blue arrows out of his Hydro Bow while Mike was waving around his Forest Spear like an idiot. 

"Why isn't it working?!" I hear Mike mutter to himself.

Kevin continued to shoot arrows at the Nighlok, but he escaped.

"Mike! What were you thinking?!" Kevin lectured the Green Ranger.

"I just wanted to...To help." Mike hesitated to answer.

"Well you helped plenty!" I reprimanded him, running up to the Green Ranger who isn't even acting like a Ranger right now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mike! I'm so disappointed in you!" Ji lectured, "Putting yourself before the needs of the team places all of you in serious danger! Here I thought you were finally listening to me, and training hard to strengthen the team! I can't believe its come to this! But you've become a risk to the others! I'll have to ask you to turn over your Samuraizer."

"What?!" Mike yelled, "You're benching me?!"

"It pains me to say it. But I don't think you're truly ready to become a Samurai." Ji said.

"What?!" I yelled taking the attention off of Mike, "Ji thats a bit harsh don't you think?"

"Tawny.." Jayden placed his hand onto my shoulder, rubbing it as an attempt to calm me down.

"I'm tired of your lectures. You don't know a thing about me." Mike said, "And if I'm not ready, How can I do this?"

Mike made a symbol that was meant to control plants. The Plant thats standing behind Ji grew taller, and wrapped itself around Ji's stick.

"Stop this!" Ji ordered.

"Mike!" I yelled his name. I gripped his shoulder, "You're making it worse for yourself!"

He shrugged my hand off of his shoulder, "Mike! Stop!" Mia told him.

"Okay, thats enough." Jayden agreed, standing in front of him. 

Ji pulled the plant so hard that the plant fell off of the stand. The pot broke, creating the entire plant to break.

"None of you understand. I'm out of here." Mike dropped his Samuraizer onto the seat, and grabbed his coat. He ran out of the Shiba house not saying another word. 

"Mentor, are you okay?" Emily asked.

"Yes. I'm fine." Ji answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat beside Emily, Mia and Kevin as we spoke about Mike.

"I just don't get why Mike was acting to childish." Kevin stated.

"To be honest I think they both kind of were." Mia said.

"I agree. I mean Ji had every right to be mad, but taking away his entire life away? Thats..To far." I agreed with Mia.

"No! Mentor was not childish!" Kevin stated.

"Mike made a mistake, but it really hurt him to be left out." Emily agreed with Mia and I.

"I realize that, but they had to choose the best person for the job" Kevin argued.

"Sure, but if you ask-" Mia tried explaining.

"God Kevin! Can't you have a heart for once?! Not everyone in the entire world is chosen to protect the entire city. He's trying. Give him some credit." I interrupted Mia in frustration, "And! He looks up to you. When we first got here, he wanted to be just like you." 

"He did?" Kevin asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"Yeah, and if you ask me..Mike has more than enough symbol power to handle the Beetle disc." Mia agreed with me.

"Then why did Mentor pick you over him?" Emily asked.

"He just made a choice, it doesn't mean it's the right one." Mia answered.

"Yeah, and I lived my whole life with Ji. Now let me tell you, he gets annoying." I said getting up to go inside. The other 3 stayed in the front porch talking.

I approached the Map room where Ji and Jayden are talking, "You've been pushing Mike pretty hard lately." Jayden spoke up.

"Yeah, you have." I agreed sitting down beside Jayden.

"It's my responsibility to train him to be a worthy Samurai." Ji answered.

"But taking away his Samuraizer is sort of hard for him to be a worthy samurai without being able to be a Samurai." I fired back, proving my point.

"I agree with Tawny. Pushing a door thats meant to be pulled will never open." Jayden said, "You taught us that."

"Yes, I just wished he listened like you two." Ji said.

"But he's not us. Ji, he's not a child. He learns from his mistakes! Like that time he took down that Knucklehead with the long arms, and the other time where he was teasing Emily about everything but them two ended up defeating the Nighlok together." I listed down a few Nighlok's that Mike took down mostly on his own, "He does so much but you don't seem to realize it."

"Mhm, and you taught us that everyone is different. Just like their symbol power is." Jayden added to my speech, "Right now you and Mike both want the same thing. For him to be the best he can be. But you just don't agree on the path to get him there."

"Perhaps you both are right. Strong wind can kindle a fire, but it can also uproot a tree." Ji said, "Both of you grown very wise."

I smiled at that as Jayden and I walked off, "Hey. You taught us well."

A few minutes later, Ji went off to go and look for Mike. I walked into my room, but that was when the Gap sensor went off. I run out with Jayden behind me. 

The Rangers and I check where the Nighlok is located at, and we start running to our destination. Jayden called Mike to tell him we need him because there's a Nighlok attack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Back for another dose of delightful despair I see!" The Nighlok teased

"Well if it isn't Mr.Happy!" Jayden and I insulted at the same time.

"Yes! And you can't even come close to defeating me while I'm flying!" The Nighlok teased.

The Nighlok blasted some type of ray at us, making us fly back in pure pain.

"I'll just put you out of your marvelous misery!" The Nighlok teased, again.

"Can't...Move.." Jayden spat out in pure pain. 

The rest of us were groaning in agony. I have never felt this much pain since..well..ever!

"Buh bye!" The Nighlok said as he was about to kill us right then and there.

"Think again Nighlok!" I heard a voice runnning towards us, "You'll have to get past me first!"

"Mike!" Kevin said his name in relief.

"Excellent! You get to feel the same delicious defeat they did!" The Nighlok stated.

"Try me!" Mike accepted as if it was a challenge, "Samuraizer! Go go Samurai!"

"Go for it Mike!" Emily cheered him on as the rest of us gazed at the Green Ranger.

"Samurai Ranger, ready!" Mike chanted getting into a fighting position with his sword, "Forest Spear!"

He charged for the Nighlok as the monster was shooting rays at him, "My symbol power grows as strong as whatever I dream up!" Mike chanted running towards the Nighlok.

I don't know how or why, but his forest Spear grew even taller than its original size. Mike stuck it into the ground then used it to leap for the Nighlok. He was launched high up in the air while his Forest Spear turned back into a regular sword. 

He spun his bear disc onto the handle of his sword, creating a bunch of leaves surround the Nighlok and him. "I predict mostly scattered leaves, and at an end to your sad showers once and for all! Sword! 3 symbol strike!" 

The Nighlok was launched back. He exploded as soon as he hit the ground. 

"Mike! That was incredible!" Emily cheered proudly.

"Yeah! Where did you get symbol power like that?!" Kevin asked in a proud voice.

"I've always had it! I just needed some help to find it." Mike answered.

A few seconds later we all end up inside of the Mega Zord. The Nighlok flew high up into the air then started firing at us. 

"We can't just let him take shots from above us! It's risky, but we need to try the Samurai battle wing combination!" Jayden ordered us.

"Right!" Kevin agreed. I placed the Moth disc onto the disc holder thing of my control panel. Kevin and Jayden did the same.

"Here. Take it." Mia offered Mike the beetle disc.

"What?!" Mike asked in disbelief.

"From what I've seen of your symbol power, you'd use it better than me." Mia told him.

"Mia.." Mike began totally speechless.

"Mia's right! Now let's go!" Jayden told us. 

"Thanks! You're a true friend Mia." Mike told her, "I won't let you down."

Mike placed the disc onto his control panel.

"Tiger Zord!"

"Swordfish Zord!"

"Beetle Zord!"

"Moth Zord!" 

Us 4 Rangers hopped into our Zords. The 4 Zords combined into the Samurai battle wing. 

"Samurai Battle Wing! We are united!" We all chanted.

"You should be wise and fly away bird brain! You can't weather this storm!" The Nighlok started firing rays at us, again.

The Nighlok bumped into a building by accident. It gave us enough time to give Mia and Emily the cue. 

Soon enough, the Nighlok died. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emily and Jayden lead Ji to the map room. I was beside Kevin while Mike showed Ji his new plant. 

"I wanted to give you something, to say thanks." Mike told him. He then presented the plant to Ji.

"As will I." Ji said as a thank you. 

Mike took out his Samuraizer then made the same symbol he did when the last plant broke.

"Mike! What are you doing?!" Mia asked.

"Not again." Kevin stated in annoyance.

"What? Oh no I was doing this!" Mike told them. Mike made a fist which caused the plant to make a fist as well. Ji made a fist then gave the plant 3 fist bumps. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 7.6K 53
"𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒." New girl. Old boys. You know the drill. (Y/n) (l/n), the newest student at school mee...
9.9K 294 86
Ever since Katarina Garmadon joined the Ninja, she has faced an Anacondrai Cult, ghosts from the Cursed Realm, a Dijnn, and the Time Twins. And she f...
155K 3.1K 50
"Who's your mission?" "You are." Ashlynn Diaz didn't see it coming. None of her training, none of her other missions have prepared her for the lates...
27.2K 927 32
(Y/N) just moved to Japan. The plan is to stay there for a year, away from his home, so he's not too enthusiastic about it. But he meets a certain fe...