Be My Babe | Initial D

bubls_ tarafından

y/n kogashiwa a 'quiet school girl' gets wrapped up in some boys shenanigans this is a Initial DxReader fanfi... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Stage 2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 23

86 5 0
bubls_ tarafından

After persistent requests, I reluctantly agreed to meet Itsuki. Instead of continuing my self-imposed isolation, he had bombarded me with messages, which I guiltily ignored to avoid snapping at him. Here I was, driving alongside him. Itsuki spoke highly of a girl named Kazumi in those messages, claiming she taught him to drift and was more helpful than Takumi. Although I didn't know them personally, I trusted his judgment. As he went on about the night he spent with her, his blushing cheeks and dilated pupils revealed the depth of his feelings. So, I listened, my eyes mostly on the road, occasionally glancing at him when he gestured animatedly or repeated my name while sharing something cool about her. He even asked if he could show me his drifts, to which I nodded and replied with minimal words. For some reason, on this day, the desire to be with someone didn't sit well with me.

Despite Itsuki's enthusiasm and efforts to share his experiences, I found myself disconnected from the conversation. The rhythm of the road beneath us seemed to drown out his words, and a subtle discomfort lingered in the air. As he continued to express his excitement, my mind wandered, contemplating why I had chosen to step out of my isolation.

We reached our destination, and Itsuki eagerly invited me to witness his impressive drifts. Trying to shake off the unease, I agreed halfheartedly. The roar of the engines and the screeching tires echoed around us as Itsuki showcased his skills. Even though I appreciated the spectacle, my mind remained preoccupied with my own internal struggles.

After the display, Itsuki asked, "What do you think Y/N?" I forced a smile, appreciating his efforts but unable to fully engage. The void within me persisted, leaving me questioning the purpose of this encounter.

I smiled slightly and nodded, "Great skills, Itsuki. Although," I moved his hands into a different position on the steering wheel, "you're tensing up when you're steering. If you relax yourself, you will see such a difference." I bent the joint on his elbow, helping him relax ever so slightly. He looked at me as he followed my lead and bent his elbows to test it out.

"But then, I don't have a good grip on the wheel," he squinted, trying to figure out what I was talking about. I moved my hands to a pretend steering wheel in front of me, first pretending to drift with straight arms. "Can you see he's restricted? He's struggling to steer as much as he'd like to." I then bent his arms and tried again, "But now, he's able to freely move. Can't you see?" I looked at him, and his eyes lit up as he admired my movements. "Oh, I see," he moved his hands to the proper position on the steering wheel, "like this?" I nodded in agreement with him.

We spent some time with him continuing to show off as I laughed softly towards him. He would cheer and ask me if I saw what he did several times until I agreed and patted his head, assuring him that I did indeed see him and he's doing very well. But we were interrupted by Itsuki's phone ringing. He moved quickly and picked up the phone immediately, "Helloooo~," he cooed softly, and I assumed it was the girl he had been speaking of. Then his expression changed, "TAKUMI?!? NO OF COURSE NOT," his face turned red in embarrassment as he looked away.

"I-I just..." he mumbled softly, keeping his eyes away from me as I laughed loudly behind him. "Y-Y/n? Yeah, I'm with her just now," he mumbled quietly, his eyes going back to me as he whispered, "Takumi needs help." I leaned close to listen to the call as he pushed me away, "Personal SPACE!" he shouted while keeping his phone to his ear and occasionally speaking, "Yup," "Yep," "Sounds good," as he hung up.

"Takumi asked if we can meet at your garage?" I cocked my head as if to question him and nodded nervously. God, if he's ruined the 86 already, I will kill him. I forced Itsuki out of the driver's seat as I climbed into my allocated seat, speeding off towards my work as soon as Itsuki got in the passenger seat.

As I sped off, I heard Itsuki scream and hold onto the door card, assuring me Takumi doesn't need urgent help. But like hell, I believe that. He must know I fitted the engine and is having issues.

We got there relatively quick, and the 86 was outside, intact in one piece. I sighed, my worries ceasing as I took a few steps towards the car, waving softly. Takumi sent me a serious look as I approached him.

"I need a favor," he said simply, standing next to the 86. I nodded softly, ready to hear what he wanted.

"I may be racing an 86 turbo tomorrow night, and if I do, I want to make sure the engine my dad put in is fully tweaked and ready to be pushed to the limit," he spoke with a serious tone. "I need to install a new tachometer, so I really need your help."

I smiled softly, "Ah, a tachometer?" I questioned, crossing my arms in front of my body.

"Yeah! Itsuki said you know all about this mechanic stuff! I don't know where to start, so I need your help!!" Takumi came closer to me, pleading, "Please! Will you give me a hand?"

I kept my smile as I nodded, "Of course." I said simply, opening the door to the garage. We got the 86 inside, and Itsuki had left us suddenly, getting a call from Kazumi, leaving just the two of us.

I stood in front of the engine, smiling softly with the bonnet up. "I hope you know this isn't just your average street engine," I touched it softly, keeping my gaze on the beautiful machinery. I could feel Takumi's eyes on me as I spoke.

"This engine could beat a turbo 86 any day. I don't see why you are having issues with it," Takumi glared at me, "Well, the guy I'm racing told me I'd get more power out of it if I revved higher. I don't know why, but I'm sure he was telling me the truth," he informed me, and I nodded in agreement.

"So, he's talking about unlocking a sealed high rev zone. I can install a new tachometer easily. I can even show you how to do it yourself if you wanted," my eyes still on the engine as I spoke, "But are you going to ask your dad? Or will you let me change the whole setup behind his back?" I finally looked at him. His eyes were on the floor as he spoke up.

"The way I see it, my dad wasn't home tonight, and if he were, he would just tell me no, even if I got on my knees and begged. So, I say we go ahead and do it," he closed the bonnet of the car, "I can't wait for him. I need to get every last ounce of power from this engine by tomorrow night," he stated blatantly as I smiled, nodding my head.

"I'll go through my uncle's stuff and see if he has any tachometers in the back," I headed off, knowing for a fact that we had one. Bunta had ordered it; it's so silly. He is so oblivious.

I went through my uncle's stuff, rummaging through boxes and shelves until I found the needed tachometer. It was a sleek digital one, the type that would suit the 86 well. I grabbed it and headed back to the garage, finding Takumi patiently waiting.

"Alright, let's get started," I said, setting the tachometer on a clean surface. "First, we need to locate the ignition coil. It's usually near the distributor. Do you see it?" I gestured toward the engine, guiding Takumi's gaze.

"Yeah, I think so," he replied, squinting to get a better look.

"Good. Now, we'll find the negative terminal on the ignition coil. It's important to connect the tachometer to the negative side. It's often marked as 'NEG' or has a '-' symbol," I explained, demonstrating each step as I spoke.

As I worked, I explained the intricacies of the tachometer, discussing its function and how it measures engine speed. "Once you've located the negative terminal, we'll need to connect a wire from the tachometer to it. This wire is responsible for reading the pulses sent by the ignition system."

Takumi observed attentively, absorbing the information. I handed him the wire, instructing him on where to connect it. "Be gentle, but ensure it's secure. We want a stable connection for accurate readings."

With the wire in place, I moved on to the power source. "Now, we need to connect the power wire. This is what supplies energy to the tachometer. Find a 12-volt power source; it could be the ignition switch or any other source that provides power when the key is turned."

As we worked through each step, I made sure Takumi understood the process. "Remember, precision is key. A well-installed tachometer ensures you get accurate readings, especially when you're pushing the engine to its limits."

Finally, we connected the ground wire. "This wire completes the circuit and ensures the tachometer functions correctly. Find a good grounding point on the car's chassis and secure it tightly."

Once everything was in place, I stepped back, allowing Takumi to admire our handiwork. "There you go. You've just installed a tachometer. It's a useful tool for any racer, especially when you're aiming for those high revs."

Takumi grinned, a sense of accomplishment evident in his eyes. "Thanks, Y/N. I appreciate your help."

As I caressed the engine with delicate fingertips, the soft hum of the 20V Silver Top resonated beneath my touch. The intricate machinery spoke to me, each component telling a story of precision and power. Takumi, standing beside me, broke the silence with a curious question.

"You need to remember that you can't push it too far. You could ruin the engine," I spoke in hushed tones, maintaining a smile on my face. His hand joined mine on the engine, seeking understanding. His inquiry about my knowledge prompted a subtle smile, and I kept my eyes fixed on the mesmerizing metal masterpiece.

"How do you know so much?" he inquired, his voice carrying a genuine curiosity. With a soft smile playing on my lips, I avoided direct eye contact, choosing instead to focus on the intricate details before us.

"Who do you think installed this?" I chuckled softly, knowing that my revelation might catch him off guard. "It's so beautiful, isn't it? 20V Silver Top." Finally, I met his gaze, and a moment of silence hung between us. I continued, revealing a connection he hadn't known existed.

"Your old man is friends with my uncle. I hope to be a mechanic when I grow up, and your father decided to give me a chance to show him what I can do," I explained, gauging his reaction. Takumi's disbelief was evident in his gaze, and I couldn't resist a playful jab.

"And you didn't tell me?" he questioned, to which I responded with a playful shake of my head. "Of course not. Because then I'll be stuck with you asking me to do all your mechanic works from now on." I lightly punched his arm, and he retaliated with a good-natured glare.

"Haha, very funny," he sarcastically replied as I shut the bonnet and patted the car gently. A subtle warning lingered in the air as I reminded him, "It will do you well. You need to look after it in return."

Takumi, still processing the newfound information, turned his attention toward me. "So, did you do your car by yourself?" he inquired, prompting a nod from me. "Of course. My brother helped sometimes, but he's pretty useless when it comes to mechanics," I chuckled, sharing a moment of camaraderie.

As the conversation shifted, Takumi delved into a topic that had lingered unspoken. "Why did you run after your race with Nakazato?" he probed, and my gaze turned distant. "Huh..." I played dumb, masking the underlying complexities.

"You won and you ran. You haven't raced since and you just disappeared," he continued, unraveling the unspoken chapters of my racing history. "Since then, he's raced Takahashi and the Emperors, but you haven't." I averted my eyes, the weight of the unspoken truth bearing down on me.

"I had to leave. My mother stays elsewhere and wished me to come home," I confessed, blending a hint of truth with the fabrications. Takumi, ever perceptive, didn't seem entirely convinced. As I turned away, preparing to leave the conversation behind, he persisted with questions that struck a nerve.

"Well, why don't you? What is stopping you from staying here? Is she not allowing you? Are you hiding? What is stopping you from racing?" His barrage of questions reached a breaking point, and I snapped.

"You think I don't want to race?! Do you think I chose this?" My words erupted, a momentary loss of composure. Instinctively, I covered my mouth, attempting to contain the unintended outburst. Regaining composure, I continued, "She wants me to live a good life." The words faltered, revealing a conflict I grappled with internally.

"My brother is the racer anyway. I'm just his underling," I confessed, acknowledging my role in the shadow of my brother's racing legacy. With a deep breath, I adjusted my jacket and turned my back to Takumi, heading towards the comforting familiarity of the Mazda, leaving the weight of unspoken truths hanging in the air.

Takumi stood there in silence, absorbing the unexpected outburst. I could feel the weight of his gaze, but I couldn't bring myself to meet his eyes. The emotions I had buried within me resurfaced, and I needed a moment to compose myself.

As I reached the Mazda, I took a deep breath, steadying my trembling hands. Takumi followed me, sensing the vulnerability in my demeanor. "Y/N," he spoke gently, a stark contrast to his usual reserved self.

I turned to face him, my eyes reflecting a mixture of frustration and sadness. "Look, it's complicated," I admitted, avoiding direct eye contact. "My mother has her reasons, and I've had to make sacrifices. Racing isn't the life she envisions for me."

Takumi's expression softened as he processed my words. "But what about what you want?" he asked, genuine concern in his voice.

I sighed, grappling with the internal conflict. "Sometimes what we want isn't what's best for us. I have responsibilities, and I can't just chase after the thrill of the race."

He nodded understandingly, but there was an underlying determination in his eyes. "You're not just an underling, Y/N. You have your own dreams and desires. Don't let them be overshadowed."

I appreciated his sincerity, but the reality of my situation weighed heavily on me. "I don't have the luxury of indulging in dreams right now. I have to be practical," I confessed, my gaze drifting towards the Roadster.

Takumi stepped closer, placing a supportive hand on my shoulder. "Life is about finding a balance between practicality and passion. Don't lose yourself in the process."

"I'm racing tomorrow. I hope to see you there," he spoke softly, removing his hand from my shoulder and offering a gentle smile. My gaze remained averted, a clear display of embarrassment. "Yeah... good luck," I replied quietly.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

3.2K 111 64
What if a Pokemon learns how to drive a car? [Chapters 1 to 33] A Lucario named Ryo was in search of his trainer in it's sudden disappearance. His tr...
360K 7.1K 30
[ HQ!! x READER // COMPLETED ] ↳ one shots !! thanks for reading ! ー © EL/HQUALITY ; JULY 2019 - MAY 2020
58.4K 436 11
stop requesting. i will block you. most of these are sad or have serious themes because I like reading and writing angst. - I do not own BNHA or any...
689 6 14
One-shot stories of all your favorite drivers (requests are welcome)