One Of Us - A Gally, Maze Run...

By The_Ivy_Trio25

Minho would fight for her. Newt would die for her. Thomas would kill for her. Gally would burn the whole wo... More

Foreword
Part 1 - Chapter 1 - Greenie
Chapter 2 - Boys
Chapter 3 - Glade
Chapter 4 - Friends
Chapter 5 - Eleanor
Chapter 6 - Attack
Chapter 7 - Closer
Chapter 8 - Banishment
Chapter 9 - Bond
Chapter 10 - Separated
Chapter 11 - Waiting
Chapter 12 - Revelation
Chapter 13 - Wreck
Chapter 14 - Relief
Chapter 15 - Hold Me
Chapter 16 - Movement
Chapter 17 - Chaos
Chapter 18 - Destruction
Chapter 19 - Broken
Chapter 20 - Escape
Chapter 21 - Death
Authors Note
Part 2 - Chapter 1 - Fortress
Chapter 2 - Clean
Chapter 3 - Remember
Chapter 4 - Rescued
Chapter 5 - Run
Chapter 6 - Cranks
Chapter 7 - An Angel
Chapter 8 - Hollow
Chapter 9 - Friends or Foes?
Chapter 10 - Hang tight
Chapter 11 - Boom
Chapter 12 - Apart
Chapter 13 - Interrogation
Chapter 14 - American Pie
Chapter 15 - The Right Arm
Chapter 16 - Brother
Chapter 17 - Betrayal
Chapter 18 - Desperation
Chapter 19 - Payback
Chapter 20 - Promise
Authors Note
Part 3 - Chapter 1 - Train
Chapter 2 - Mistake
Chapter 3 - Plan
Chapter 4 - Tunnel
Chapter 5 - View
Chapter 6 - Kidnapped
Chapter 7 - Impossible
Chapter 8 - Rose
Chapter 9 - Stumble
Chapter 10 - City
Chapter 11 - Anger
Chapter 12 - Traitor
Chapter 13 - Love
Chapter 14 - Phase One
Chapter 15 - Reunion
Chapter 16 - Go
Chapter 18 - Revenge
Chapter 19 - Fall
Chapter 20 - Journey
Chapter 21 - Awake
Chapter 22 - End
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter 17 - Time

770 24 35
By The_Ivy_Trio25

Song - War Of Hearts (Ruelle)

"All right. Newt, we're almost there!" Gally assured as we headed down an alley between two streets. The explosions now surrounded us, but we kept moving.

"Just leave me," Newt's voice croaked softly behind me and Gally.

BOOM!

A flaming car rolled down the street in front of us and exploded into another car

We all fell back from the force onto the ground.

"Back! Get back!" Gally ordered from the front. We pressed ourselves against the side of the alley as we watched another hoard of screaming rebels power through the street.

Suddenly, we heard the sound of an engine humming. We looked up and saw a Wicked cruiser flying slowly overhead.

"Okay, that's them. It's them, we gotta go," Thomas urged, about to help Newt up,

Newt refused to move,

"Go without me," he croaked before bending over and vomiting up more black liquid,

He slowly sat back up gasping for air. He closed his eyes and put his head back, making small whimpering sounds with every breath he took.

Thomas's eyes were something I had never seen before.

They were brimmed with tears of horror but completely and utterly desperate. He swallowed and took a deep breath,

"Ella... Minho... you gotta run ahead and grab the serum and get back to us as soon as you can," he murmured.

I didn't register what he was asking at first.

I just kept staring into Newt's almost lifeless face, clutching his hand even tighter. I felt Tom's hand on my shoulder as he pulled me to face him, "El... go get the serum and meet us back,"

I shook my head desperately,

"I can't leave him..."

I looked back at Newt. I had the awful feeling that if I left, I would never talk to my brother again.

"Ellie... he's right, I can cover," Gally offered.

I can make it.

I just gotta run really fucking fast,

I stood up and Gally and Minho did the same.

"We'll be right back," I promised to both Newt and Tom.

Newt grabbed Minho and I's hands,

"Thank you...." He whispered breathlessly, "Thank you,"

I ignored every message my brain was sending me to stay. And every emotion doing the same. I turned and sprinted out of that alley faster than I ever had before.

The roaring gunshots, screams, and explosions were drowned out in my ears with every breath I took.

I didn't think about anything around me.

Just that I wasn't going fast enough. I needed to go faster. Push harder.

I think I heard Minho and Gally's shouts behind me, telling me to slow down and wait for cover.

I couldn't be sure though.

I turned a corner and was met with a Wicked soldier in a mask heading in the opposite direction. He jumped back.

"Hey! Over here I found one-"

BANG!

I shot the man in the chest with my shotgun, before running past him without another thought.

"Eleanor! You're gonna get shot!"

I ignored them and pushed further down the side of the street, following the direction of the rest of the rebels.

I finally saw Brenda and Jorge in the opening of the Wicked Cruiser as I bolted up a flight of stairs to the roof,

"Brenda! The serum!"

Her head snapped in my direction as I came around the corner and then she leaped into action. She ran back into the ship and then back out again with the bag. Just as I was a few meters away, she threw me the bag.

I caught it.

"El, what's going on?" She asked.

"Newt... not time to explain, I have to go!"

I spun on my heel to go back the way I came but rammed into Gally's rock-like figure. I stumbled back and attempted to pass him and Minho.

Unsuccessful.

Gally grabbed me around my waist and heaved me back.

"Let go of me!" I raged,

"Hey, hey stop! If you don't let me cover you, you're gonna get shot!" He growled.

"I have to get to Newt!" I cried desperately, trying to squirm out of his grasp.

"And you won't get there if you're already dead!" he fumed.

I felt my face go red in anger and was preparing to hurl some other excuse in his face but I stopped. Gally's eyes were desperate and scared not angry. I took a deep breath...

"Fine. Let's go, but you guys are gonna have to hurry the fuck up," I hissed.

"Alright, lets do this," Minho urged as we broke out into a sprint back the way we came,

"Wait! We're coming with you!"

I turned my head to see Brenda and Frypan following us close behind.

We were about to turn around one last time but then we heard a voice over a PA system.

Teresa... I had completely forgotten about her.

"Thomas? Can you hear me? I need you to listen to me. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I need you to come back. Thomas, you can save Newt,"

I turned to the others all frozen and listening.

"There's still time for him. There's a reason Brenda isn't sick anymore. It's your blood. Do you understand? She isn't sick, because you cured her.

The blood drained from my face.

Thomas...

He was the cure.

"She doesn't have to be the only one. All you have to do is come back. And this will all finally be over. Please. Just come back to me. I know you'll do the right-"

The PA was cut off.

I looked back at all of my friends around me. They were unsure how to react to the sudden revelation. But the only thing I knew... was that it didn't matter right now.

"We have to go!" I screamed. They all snapped back to reality, realizing what we were doing, "Come on!" I bellowed before sprinting as fast as I could back to my brother and his boyfriend.

We were almost there.

We were running down the central street where the battle was being held. But we kept to the sides and tried to go by unnoticed.

It didn't help,

"Get down!" Gally barked, grabbing my shoulder and yanking me behind an upside-down car just as a grenade flew over our heads and blew up the shop that was behind us moments before.

"Everyone good?" Brenda asked over the sound of the fighting.

Everyone muttered short answers of yes's.

I turned around to look over the car... we were pinned down because the fighting was happening right behind us. I sunk back down to the floor and put my head in my hands.

Everyone went silent.

We all knew it.

We weren't going to make it.

There's nothing we can do to stop the danger of any one of us getting shot.

But I couldn't stop picturing Newt's face. His cheeky, sarcastic grin. Blonde bird nest on top of his head. Happy and healthy. In the safe haven. Where he belonged. He deserved to be there most out of any of us...

I knew what I had to do.

I clutched my gun and the bag of serum tighter...

I took a deep breath...

Cocked my gun...

And leaped up, sprinting into the open battle before anyone could stop me.

"Eleanor!"

"Stop!"

"Wait!"

A chorus of shouts from the others was the last thing on my mind as I jumped from cover to cover, shooting down any soldiers in my way, dodging grenades, bullets, and flying bodies.

I ignored all of them as I sprinted faster and faster down the street.

Sweat trickled down my forehead and my lungs started to ache but I didn't give them a second thought.

Finally, as I turned a corner and ran up a flight of stairs, I left the fighting behind me... and spotted Thomas dead ahead.

"Thomas!" I shouted coming to a halt. He didn't turn to look at me.

Something was wrong.

He was being attacked. By a... crank.

That's when it hit me. The crank attacking Thomas was...

"Newt!"  I screamed,

He snapped his head away from Thomas for a second to stare at me with his pools of black where his chocolate brown eyes used to be.

The stare sent shivers down my spine.

But then I saw his face soften... like he was realising what he was doing,

"Aghh!" Thomas bellowed while running and grabbing Newt's waist, flinging him to the ground.

Newt snapped back into violence as he snarled and tried to bite at Thomas like an animal. Tom pinned Newt down on the ground.

He looked over at me,

"Eleanor! The serum!"

I pulled out a vial from the bag as I sprinted down the last stretch to get to the pair.

I was going to make it,

Newt screeched as he rolled onto his side, kicking Thomas off him. Tom sprawled onto the ground.

"Thomas!" I screamed,

Newt snapped his head towards me, suddenly remembering my presence. I stopped in my tracks. He slowly rose from the ground and faced me, cocking his head to the side at an unnatural angle.

He took a step closer,

"Newt," I whispered.

SCREECH!

Newt let out an almighty screech before sprinting towards me like a maniac. I was trapped. I wasn't going to outrun him. I couldn't fight him. I could never hurt him-

"Ellie!"

A voice behind me that I recognized as Gally made me remember that I had been here before.

Face to face with a loved one and an impossible decision.

And once again... I knew what I had to do.

I pulled out my shotgun.

Newt was only ten meters away now.

Seven.

Five.

I gritted my teeth,

"Sorry little brother," I whispered.

Three.

And I shot him in the leg.

The crank version of Newt let out an almighty roar as he tripped and stumbled onto the ground just at my feet.

Thomas appeared on the opposite side of my brother and flung himself onto Newt, holding him down.

"The serum!" he barked,

I pulled out the vial from my pocket and yanked off the lid. It already was in needle form.

I fell to my knees beside him and stabbed it into Newt's neck.

My brother inhaled one last shaky breath before closing his eyes and sinking back down to the ground. The black purply veins on his face started to thin and disappear. Even his breaths started to find some sort of normal rhythm.

Thomas and I both released a sigh of relief. Tears started to fill both our eyes as we realized that he was okay... he was alive. Thomas grabbed my shoulder and pulled me close to him as we wept into each other's arms.

Gally, Minho, Brenda, and Frypan all appeared behind us, but Tom and I didn't let go of each other. We were in too much shock to register anything around us. We just kept staring at the boy whom we both loved more than ourselves. Our rock. Our sun. Our glue.

And he was alive.

Barely.

Thomas unraveled himself from me and stood up, wiping the tears from his eyes.

I looked up at him in confusion.

He swallowed,

"Take him back to the ship... I'm going back," He murmured,

I stood up,

"What?"

"The serum... is temporary... if Teresa is right-"

"But she could be lying!" I snapped.

"That's a chance I'm willing to take!" he exploded. He swallowed and took a deep breath, "Just... get him to the ship... please. I'll get to you guys as soon as I can,"

And with that, he turned and sprinted in the opposite direction... back to the Wicked compound.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 91 30
the glade is a magnificent place where everyone knows everyone and they all get along. a new greenie shows up, completely oblivious of what is ahead...
50.8K 1.3K 71
COMPLETED - UNDER EDITING!! This will include The Maze Runner and The Death Cure (I'm only going to do a brief summary of The Scorch Trials because G...
53.1K 1.4K 42
Teresa wasn't the first girl to come up in the Box. Three years before the arrival of Thomas and Teresa, came Tanya, the Glade's first girl. As an...
43.5K 1K 71
A Newt x Female OC Story I have no collection of anything before coming up from the box. No memories came to me about my past life. The only thing I...