𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐈 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔?

By isr-ael

4 YEARS LATER... Sequel to 𝐈𝐅 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄. More

Cast
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter 6ix
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter 6ixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-6ix
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Two

449 23 24
By isr-ael

Aubrey Graham | 32

I was in my cell just reading a book called Hustler Harder, Hustler smarter. The book was by 50 cent. The book was very interesting to me. In this book he was opening up about comeback from tragic personal loss to a thriving businessman.

This book just gave me a reflection on my life. That I could really overcome anything, even in the most toughest moments.

All you gotta do is just wanna make that change for yourself if you really want to.

Flipping to the next page, I was interrupted by an officer making me look up.

"Graham, you've got a Visitor," My cell slowly opens.

I was confused as hell right now. Usually when anyone comes they give me a heads up but this time they didn't. Closing my book, not forgetting to save the page I was on.

"What?" I said mostly to myself. "I'm not expecting anyone today?"

"Well there is someone here for you." He shrugged his shoulders with a stale face reaction. "Do you want me to tell them to go?"

"Nah, nah." I got up sliding on my slides taking my glasses off my face.

I really wanted to see who was here for me.

Accompanied by an officer, I made my way to the visitation room, the weight of uncertainty lingering in each step.

"You don't seem to excited about this visit Grahams."

"It's not that I'm not excited. It's just I wasn't expecting anybody today, you know? Did you at least get there name?"

"Of course I got there name," Office Murray chuckles. "But they asked me not to tell you. So you'll have to find out yourself."

Now I was really wondering and eager.

A mix of emotions surged through me as I entered the visitation room, spotting my oldest son after four years, his nervous energy palpable as he bounced his knee at the table.

Shock swept over me at the sight of my oldest son in the visitation room, the reality of his presence sinking in after years of separation.

Our eyes met, and a moment of frozen silence passed as my son looked up from the table, the weight of our reunion hanging in the air.

In a burst of emotion, I rushed towards my son for a hug, but the officer intervened, reminding us of the restriction—no physical contact allowed.

"What are you doing here?" We both took a seat at the table. I was flabbergasted seeing him here, in the flesh.

"I wanted to come see you dad, I missed you."

His words resonated deeply, evoking a mix of emotions within me as he expressed his desire to visit, creating a poignant moment that touched my heart.

"Why didn't you tell me before hand that you were going to come?" I looked at him with shock all over my face. "Wait— does your mom even know your here?" I rubbed my hands down my face with a huge sigh leaving from my mouth. "Daedae, please tell me you told your mom you were coming here."

"I did!" He says in a hyper tone. "I swear I did! You want me to call her right now?" He pulls out his phone getting ready to call Mariah but I turned that down quick.

"No," I shook my head. "I believe you." I still couldn't face the fact my son was here.

"I'm just in a lost of words right now— you are really here?"

"Yeah dad! I had to come through. Remember I was telling you I hated when we only called and text on the phone? So I took advantage and came myself."

His words melted my heart, words that could make a grown man cry.

"I really am happy to see you Daedae."

He chuckles putting his dreads up into a ponytail.

"Damn your dreads long as hell now. I can remember the day I took you up to the shop just so you could get your journey started."

"Man, I got that good hair you know what I mean?" We both laughed. "You looking like an old man in here though! Your hair starting to get some hang time I see."

"Oh you got jokes huh? I'm not old, and I've been having this good of hair. Just wait till it grows so more. Gonna be longer than yours in a second."

He kissed his teeth waving me off.

"So your mother was just okay with you coming up here?" I wanted to get back on that topic because I really wanted to know.

"Well not exactly... I had to get some things off my chest so she could understand. I'll admit, I felt like I said some shit— I mean stuff I shouldn't have but I apologized to her quick because I knew I was in the wrong."

"What did you say to her?"

"How I could make my own decisions for myself now since I'm 19..." He led on saying.

"And what else? You said you said something disrespectful to her. That couldn't just be it." I looked at him waiting for Daedae to speak. "Tell me what you said Daedae."

"I told her it was kind of weird that she's not letting you see Amir and how she's not talking to you while you're still paying the bills..."

As a father, I expressed my disapproval of his disrespectful behavior towards his mom.

"I know that you're trying to defend me and everything, I appreciate that. But I don't want you to be disrespecting her while doing so. You know I don't even play like that when it comes to the disrespectfulness." I said in a sharp tone making sure Daedae knew.

"What me and Mariah is going through has nothing to do with you. In my eyes, you're still a child to me."

"I know dad I know," He closed his eyes before opening them back up again to speak. "I felt bad after I said that to her."

"Just don't do it again."

He nodded.

"So... Chubbs told me your the top prospect in your class?" I started up a new conversation giving him dap for that achievement.

"Of course! You know my body."

"Being cocky already, I understand though." I laughed.

"I can back it up though! But yeah I'm the top prospect in my class. Everything I prayed for and you helped me with is finally paying off dad."

"Don't thank me. I was just doing what a father is supposed to do. All praises go to the most high you feel me?" I rested my head on my fist.

"That's right." He nodded looking around the room. "You like this place?"

"Hell no! This place isn't anything to like. Wish I could go home and get me a real home cooked meal. I'm not happy in this shitty place."

"I understand." He sat up against the table. "Do you— do you know when you're coming home?" He asked in an anxious tone.

I was about to say something but I paused debating on telling him what Chubbs told me yesterday but I decided not to because I don't even know if thats true or not and I didn't want to get his hopes up with false information.

"Nah, not yet." I could see the disappointment in his face when I said that. "Cheer up!" I slapped his arm playing around with him trying to get his mind off me coming home. "You still gonna hold it down for me right? And be the man of the house? Making sure your mom and little brother okay?"

"Yeah, you know I will. It's just not the same without you here with us."

"You've been making it out there for the past four years. Don't think about me aight?"

He nodded his head taking a gulp. He looked like he wanted to ask me a question.

"What's on your mind? I can see you thinking about something."

"It's nothing," He bit his lip saying.

I knew he was lying.

"You're my son. I know you're lying. Now tell me what's in that big ass head of yours got you thinking?" I tried to joke around with him so he could feel comfortable telling me what he's thinking.

"Well um, uh—," He fidget around his seat trying to get the words out. "Did you really do it? Like ki—."

I cut him off before he could even finish his last word.

"Why are you even asking me that?" I said in a serious tone while giving him a serious look.

"Bec-,"

"Let me finish." I said firmly. "Even if I did or didn't thats not your business to know. Look at me Daedae."

He finally gave me eye contact.

"Don't ever asking me that shit again."

"I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have—,"

"It's good. You know now. So, what college are you planning on going to?"

"Well, One on the top of my list is Duke – their basketball legacy is incredible. Then there's Kentucky, known for their passionate fan base and top-tier coaching. And finally, Gonzaga – they've been consistently performing well."

"Duke is one of my favorites. A bunch of legends come from Duke. They have a great coaching staff." I implied making him agree.

"And there's also something I've been thinking about. I'm considering taking a gap year before heading off to college. I feel like it could be a valuable experience – maybe travel a bit, gain some real-world insights, and figure out more about what I want from life. It's a big decision, but I wanted to talk to you about it. What do you think?"

"I support your decision. Just make sure it's a well-thought-out choice that contributes positively to your personal and academic journey."

"Thank you dad, I really appreciate it. I'm thankful for your understanding and support. It means a lot to me."

"You know I'll always support you no matter what."

The conversation shifted, and we delved into a variety of topics. We discussed shared memories, aspirations, and even plans for the upcoming family gatherings. The atmosphere lightened, creating a connection that surpassed the barriers of the prison visiting room. In those moments, we both found solace in each other's company, rebuilding the bonds that had weathered the challenges of the past.

-

Mariah Johnson | 27

As I sat in the passenger side of the car, my leg bounced nervously, a rhythmic dance of apprehension echoing the turmoil within. The road stretched out ahead, mirroring the emotional feeling I was having in my head knowing my son was now at the jail visiting his dad for the first time in four years.

Even though I said he could go up there to see him, in reality I didn't want him to. Not with that monster who I called my future husband.

But, of course Daedae doesn't know anything about that and I wasn't going to bring it up to him either because it's not my place.

"Mariah did you hear me baby?" The man in the driver seat asked as he gently intertwined his fingers with mine."

Getting comfortable in my seat I took a look. Looking over at someone who I was interested in.

His name was Dre. We met almost 2 years ago when me and the girls decided to go bowling together. We hit it off then and there. He was really a nice guy.

"Yes," I chuckled lightly. "I was just thinking."

"Thinking about what?" He looked at me with his hazel eyes.

"What else could I be thinking about? You don't remember when I told you my oldest son was visiting his dad today and I really didn't want him too..."

"Oh shit yeah. I forgot about that. Why are you so worried? Shouldn't you be happy for the kid? He's finally seeing his dad!"

"You're right..."

"So when are you gonna let me meet your kids? I mean you already met mine."

"Once I feel like it's the time to, then I will tell them." I said shyly looking out the window as we drove pass buildings.

"Mariah, we been with each other for 2 years now. What's taking so long?"

"Dre..."

"No don't Dre nothing." His voice began to get louder. "Did you even tell them about me at least?" Dre looked at me with a side eye.

"No..." shaking my head. "Not yet."

"Wow," He chuckled weaving the car on a left turn making me hit my head on the window. "That's crazy as fuck. I'm not taking you out anymore. I'll drop you off." He did a Uturn and we were heading back to my house."

I didn't even care at the moment. I wasn't even up for it tonight. Now my head was hurting and it felt like it was bleeding but it wasn't.

I sat quietly in my seat as he was explaining to me why he should have already been met my kids.

Good thing I dropped Amir off my mother's house for the night. I didn't want him to see me in this situation right now.

-
DRE

Chapter Two....Wheeww🫣

How are we feeling about it?

Daedae went to visit his dad

Mariah in another relationship? Who is this new guy?👀

Make sure yall like, comment, and share for my chapters tyyyyy🤗💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 120 14
𝐀 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐕𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲.
5.4K 214 18
"𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦" 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 / 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠
478K 18K 32
"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈'𝐦 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭" -𝐀 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
710K 34.2K 29
" 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞..."