wandanat au - that first summ...

By l1zzyisbae

completely inspired by the movie my first summer ❝ Isolated and alone, 16 year old Wanda Maximoff lost everyo... More

prologue
chapter one - the meeting
chapter two - the detectives
chapter three - the memory
chapter four - the friendship
chapter five (part two) - the teacher
chapter six (part one) - the moment
chapter six (part two) - the moment
chapter seven - the lake

chapter five (part one) - the teacher

27 2 0
By l1zzyisbae

tw : mention of drowning (again ik, expect it atp), very mild swearing

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ THIRD POV

After Natasha left, Wanda lay on her side in bed. Her smile after the day they had, hadn't left for a second. Unconsciously, she's been playing with her finger, rehearsing the unofficial official names for each finger

"Purple, rude, ring, pinky." She shuts her eyes for a moment, remembering how Natasha was there for her, helping her feel again what she hadn't for a long while. That to her was her most memorable day.

She carefully shifts her body onto her back, holding the book Natasha read from closely to her chest, grinning to sleep.

Natasha cycles up to her porch, where she meets Alexei leaning against the porch fence, most likely waiting for her or drinking and smoking, the latter is very likely, but given Natasha came home late, it's definitely the former this time.

Alexei notices her, moving to a standing position without trying to intimidate her, after all this is his girlfriend's daughter.

"It's a bit late... have a seat." asked Alexei with concern, "Want a beer?"

Natasha looks at him with suspicion, nonetheless she takes the can of beer he offers as she sits on the fence, beside him.

"So where have you been?" Natasha puts the drink down, not wanting to get too comfortable, just wanting to get into bed.

"You got a boyfriend?" Alexei chuckles out before winking at her teasingly, "Look at you, my little girl is all grown up."

Natasha still hasn't let down her guard, holding herself up stiff, "I'm not your little girl, Alexei." An awkward tension rises as Alexei begins to realise his jokes aren't being taken with the same humour as his, and turns to being a little more serious.

With more paternal protectiveness he asks, "Okay so do you have a boyfriend? Because it's okay if you do, I mean as long as you are using protection-"

"Okay stop." Natasha cuts him, done with the conversation, she heads to the door, sniggering at his insane laughter in response to her embarrassment. He might be a little drunk.

"Goodnight alexei." chuckles out Natasha.

"I'm just playing, Natalia."

"It's Natasha. Goodnight."

The next morning, Natasha left early to go back to Wanda's house, a large stuffed bag in her clutch.

Inside, she sits on the counter as she tilts the bag filled with savoury snacks, dumping all the content onto the surface. Displayed on the table was snacks from cereal and biscuits, to sweets like lollipops, ring pops and bubblegum. Wanda watches with curiosity, having little to no exposure to the unhealthy delights, Natasha introduces her favourites to her.

"I got whatever I could before mom could wake up. There's a lot. Lollies and Gummies." she states with a smirk.

Misha, who is equally as interested as Wanda, struts her way towards the counter to try and perk herself on it, until Wanda prevents her from doing so,

"No Mish, not for you."

Natasha, on the other hand, is distracted by the food in front of her. She scavengers her hands through the pile, finding the best ones for Wanda to try.

"These are really good!" she picked up the fizzy blue raspberry laces, "They scratch the roof of your mouth sometimes, but either way good." Wanda questions in her mind if she wants to risk herself to that.

"Oh and lollies with creepy bugs in them." she teasingly holds it up to Wanda's face to scare her. Wanda is shocked for a second at the sudden intrusion, but then ends up in a giggling fit.

Once recovered from the fit, she spots a carton on the table, "Wait, what's that?"

"Strawberry milk." Natasha declares as she opens up the carton, "Do you want some?"

"Strawberry milk?"

"It's really good." She picks up the carton with both hands, lipsing the opening to drink straight from it, then she offers it to Wanda, "You'll like it, purple promise." Natasha sticks out her pointer finger in the air.

Wanda is quite hesitant at first, nevertheless, she sticks out her own pointer finger and eyes the carton before taking big gulps of the content inside.

Natasha, wide eyed, laughs at Wanda's interest in the strawberry milk, "Okay, no, don't choke just yet, we still have a lot to go through." She then takes the milk away from Wanda's hands and sets it aside.

"Okay next! Guess what else I brought with me." She imitates fanfare sounds, building up the suspense whilst bringing out a purple box in front of her, both of them knowing well what's inside.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ WANDA

My mother said the fences were the walls of her womb.

Said she could only protect me if I stayed inside, away from everyone, from everything.

But she couldn't have kept me in for so long.

How would I have met Natasha then?

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ THIRD POV

Natasha and Wanda found a spot outside, besides a great oak tree. Natasha, ahead of Wanda, threw out her amber yellow picnic blanket in the air to let it spread out across the grass. The yellowness doesn't go unnoticed by Wanda, caught in another flashback of the night her mother died, she feels unsettled by the presence of the yellow fabric. The colour rudely reminds her of the dress that floated about underwater, her mother's face as she screamed but no one was around to hear her, to help her. Wanda was, but she was helpless.

It was Natasha's voice that brought her out of her trance,

"I made these." She saw Natasha had already laid down on her stomach, as she opened her purple box to take out the bracelets she made, her bracelet kit and a ring pop she kept there as snacks for later.

Wanda slowly crouches on her knees beside Natasha, following Natasha's movements, who's showing her the different bracelets she made.

"These are my favourites. Brave. Badass." She twists round the bracelets on her wrist for Wanda to read the beads that spelt out the words. "I'm going to sell them at the market or something. Make money somehow... They're my ticket out of this shithole."

"Where do you want to go?"

"Somewhere, anywhere...everywhere but here." Natasha replies truthfully.

Wanda looks a little disheartened, will Natasha leave her here alone, she wonders.

"Do you like them?" she asks giddily, Wanda peers over Natasha's shoulder to survey the bracelets.

"They are very colourful, no?"

"Yes, I guess so. That's why I like them so much," she states frankly. "Hey tell me one thing that you like about yourself." Natasha begins to filter through the assortment of beads she has, looking for different letters, waiting for Wanda to reply.

Wanda's mouth is agape, about to speak, only to quickly shut it after realising she can't think of anything. Natasha, though, looks at her without judgement, and turns back to the beads to put a word together for Wanda.

"Okay, I'll tell you what I think." Occasionally sucking the ring pop as she looks for letters.

"But you hardly even know me..."

"I know enough, detka." Wanda's cheeks tint red and Natasha is still focused on making the word. Eventually she takes out the letters SMART and arranges them in front of Wanda.

"Smart?"

"Aren't you?"

Wanda finally shows interest, so wanting to know more she lays in the same position as Natasha, "What else?"

Natasha starts to create another word as Wanda patiently waits.

Almost in disbelief, "You think I am pretty?"

Natasha gazes into her eyes with admiration, as if they're full of stars, and nods honestly. Wanda lights up at the confession, and having just recovered from her first flushed state, blushes even more as her smile grows larger.

"Now choose your favourite colour from here." Natasha points at the beads and charms.

Wanda reaches her arm towards the many colours Natasha has, "I think I like this one," as she digs her fingers in the container to pick out the bead.

"Scarlet. Suits you."

Wanda repeated it back, "Scarlet. Yes, I like scarlet. Reminds me of your hair."

Now it's Natasha's turn to redden, but turns away in embarrassment at how quick Wanda can make her insides flutter.

"Now what you do is, here take the thread, hold it." Wanda takes the thread between her pointer and thumb, holding it like a prized possession, as Natasha passes her the first scarlet red bead to slip onto the string. Wanda becomes attentive to the task she's doing, carefully threading the string through the beads, on occasion choosing to slip one of the letters on the string before going back to the red beads.

Natasha marvels at Wanda, "You're a natural," She hands her the next bead, "You'll have to help me some time." Wanda grins at the notion, the both of them look at one another, when the other isn't looking, enjoying the moment. Hoping it lasts for the while.

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

part one only right now, this moment in the movie is a pretty long one, bc it's a lot of what they've done together now that they're more comfortable w eachother.

wanda loves strawberry milk, natasha thinks she's smart and pretty (no lies there) and alexei isn't crap in this apparently.

i dont do this but my favourite part is literally the line "i know enough detka", that had me in shivers icl

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

thank you for choosing to read this!!!
have a beautiful day, you are all so loved<3
• . * • ° . 💌 🌷 🧸 • ° . * •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 13.9K 85
Y/N has been trying to live the most possible mundane life as possible for the past 10 centuries. But she is dragged back into the superhero life. Sh...
96.4K 3.8K 45
Book Two - A year has passed since Wanda heard Y/N call out for her at the cabin. There has been no trace or connection from Y/N since, no matter how...
Amazed By YB

Romance

219K 7.2K 55
Y/N is familiar with the Avengers because of their great uncle Steve and a short-term stay two years ago, but a new face on the team and an old flame...
33.6K 891 24
Wanda Maximoff just lost her brother, she's alone and broken in a new house, with new peoples and she's supposed to become an avengers. Natasha Roma...