"You hate me?" ~ chris sturni...

By stirkneeohlow2003

Harper and her family don't have the best relationship so when she is sixteen she decides to move out and tak... More

*Cast*
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 29

403 9 8
By stirkneeohlow2003

*harpers pov*

I took my phone out of my pocket. The caller id was anonymous. So i answered it.

"Hello?" I say as i walk down the street towards my house, also trying to hold back tears since i just spilt like my biggest secret to basically everyone i know.

"Hi harper" the voice on the other side of the phone dragged out my name.

"Who is this?" I question them

"Youre best friend" they state

"Chris?" I say not even thinking

"No stupid its sophie" they respond.

*chriss pov*

"Were you like never going to tell us?" Matt and nick were now interrogating me about what they had heard.

"Its not my business to tell you" i say getting mad at them.

"You couldve told us that you noticed" nick says.

"Oh yeah and put her in a position that will make her feel like she has to tell you whats happening? No nick sometimes she doesnt feel comfortable sharing somethings with you like she does with me and vice versa like you know her love life inside out where as i dont have a fucking clue and she tells matt when shes upset and not feeling straight and stuff she tells me somethings that she feels would make your friendship awkward or make you pressure her into stuff. She tells me her deepest secrets which i dont share with you because thats her business." I shout at them.

"Chris" matt says softly "i knew about it" he adds sheepishly

"What?" I question him

"Yeah she slipped up about it a few months ago"

"MONTHS?!" I scream "matt why didnt you tell me? Is this my fault?"

"No chris and like you said she told me because she didnt feel comfortable telling you so i couldnt tell you" matt says not raising his voice.

"No matt if its something serious regarding harper you always tell me. Okay?" I say pointing my finger at his chest.

"Bro calm down we were working on it and she got better. She didnt want to bother you with it if she was getting better. There was no need for you to worry." He says removing my finger. "But she didnt tell me this time. Im actually worried this time. She came to me straight away last time and was scared for her health but why hasnt she this time."

Suddenly we hear the front door open and shut. Our parents were out shopping so it couldnt be them they havent been gone long.

"Matt?" We all hear a voice from downstairs.

"Yeah" matt says as he leaves the room nick and i following. We all make it downstairs to see matts 'friend' sasha and harper in the kitchen. "Hey sash havent seen you in a while" he hugs her. "Harps whats up?" He notices harpers state. Her eyes were red and puffy. She had just been crying.

"Sophies back in boston" is all she says before i leave the room.

I dont know why i left but i didnt want to see her like that about sophie. But i did want to know why she was there. I grab my phone out of my room before i got a call.

"Hello?" The caller id was anonymous.

"Hey chris" the voice on the other side elongated my name.

"Who is this?"

"Its sophie" what. The. Fuck. Why was she calling me?

"Sophie who" she cant know i remember her... bitch.

"You know harpers best friend" thats me... isnt it "well im back in boston and i want to meet up. But when i told harper she hung up and started talking to someone else. HOW COULD SHE DO THAT TO ME?! I havent spoken to her in years and this is how she treats me. Cheeky bitch"

"Stop right there! Do not, and i will repeat DO NOT call her a bitch let alone a cheeky bitch because everyone knows that is you. You havent been nice to harper at all and you think you deserve her respect? Well you dont. She has better friends now. If she wants to meet up with you she will i cant make her" i say before removing my phone from my ear but as i am about to hang up i hear.

"Did she tell about her eating?" What. The. Fuck

"What do you mean?"

"She stops eating when she wants attention she did it all the time when we were friends i dont know if she has done it yet but honestly it makes her go so much skinnier and it actually makes her bareable to look at so i stopped helping her out. If you do notice it tell her i say hi from the other side."

"Excuse me?" Is all i can say before "she never ever deserved such a shitty best friend she is the kindest soul ever and youre just over her ruining it by making her insecure. Youre the bitch and i hope that harper never sees you again because if she sees you that means we will too and we dont have enough bleach for that" i say. The silence on the other side of the phone was interrupted by her fake sobs.

"Why are you so mean?" But then they stop. "Wait what do you mean you dont have enough bleach?"

"Well you know after seeing, what you call a face, we will have to bleach our eyes after the horror you know. By the way im surprised your mirror hasnt cracked yet is it plastic" i say before hanging up. "Bitch"

I walk downstairs again to join the group. They have all now moved into the living room so i join them.

"Umm i just got a call" harpers eyes widen at my words before i continue "from sophie" harper jumps up and takes me out of the room.

"What the fuck did she tell you?" She says

"Just that she wants to meet up. But i said that i cant make you do that if you dont want to" i say before thinking. "Oh and she called you a cheeky bitch and that you not eating if for attention but dont worry i backed you" harpers expression fell.

"Im sorry" she says

"For what?" I ask genuinely confused

"For moving to boston and getting you caught up in my business-" she attempted to carry on but she passed out again. I caught her before she hit the floor and called for my brothers and sasha.

"Not again. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck" i say trying to wake her up. Her eyes looked like they were moving a million miles per hour. What the fuck was happening?

"Chris chill out" sasha says from behind me "shes only passed out"

I turn to her giving her a blank expression "yeah for the second time in a week sash its not good you know"

I pick her up off of the floor and matt grabs his keys. Nick calls jay and sasha makes sure that our parents know we are leaving but the house will be unlocked since we're in a rush. We make our way to the hospital as fast as we could and once were inside the doctors take her off me but tell me to wait in the waiting room.

"Let me go with her please" i beg one of them.

"What is your relation to the patient?" They ask me.

"Im her-" i get interrupted

"No he's not dont let him through please. Im her brother, jake hayes" jay walks up to me and the doctor. "This is probably your fault" i all jay says before the doctor checks the facts and lets him through.

We wait about an hour before harper walks through the doors. Tears streaming down her face once again. She looks at me but i cant figure out her emotion. It seems to be shock, hatred, and embarrassment all in one. What happened in that room?

"I want to go back to the triplets" she tells jay. "Also sophie is back in boston and she knows where we live so be careful and please dont let her in the house. Wait shit she knows where the triplets live too." She panicked

"Its okay harps youre with us youll be fine dont worry" nick says putting an arm around her shoulder.

Once we are back at our house, harper talks to us all seperately. She has spoke to nick and is currently speaking to matt. Im next. Im very scared. Matt walks out of the room and now its my turn.

"Chris" i hear a soft voice at the door. I stand up and leave the room. "Why didnt you tell me?" She asks as i close the door behind me.

"Tell you what?"

"What my parents did to me?" My heart broke she has all of her memories she is finally the harper she was when she came her, but now shes ruined because of me. "Why did you just stand there? Why didnt you call jay for help? Chris answer me"

"Im sorry H. I was in too much shock and anger that i froze. I never want to see you hurt and as it was happening right infront of me i felt so angry but the fact that it was two strong and grown up human beings scared me. I wanted to help but i didnt know how my mind was foggy. If i could take it all back i would. Not just that night. Every night since. I want to make it up to you. If youll let me." She looked in my eyes before slowly nodding.

"I dont know how i didn't accept your apology sooner honestly" i look at her in confusion "i forgave sophie over the years when she would literally do the worst things ever. I feel like i had the chance to finally say no and i took it. But it hurt you know. I mean it didnt really work but i still said it. But now i want to see how youre going to make it up to me." She smiles. "By the way its got to be big the way you treated me" she folds her arms and looks at me sternly.

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"Well you watched me get beat half to death by my parents, you stopped being my friend because of your girlfriend, you said very mean and hurtful things to me, and you screamed at me when i tried to help you. Oh and you also told me that yku hate me... sooo" she says my heart cracking with each thing she listed.

"I am so fucking sorry i have been the worst best friend ever" i say picking up her hands. But she moves away.

"Tell me about it. But im used to it by now" she says as she leaves the room.

For the next few hours we played mario kart and watched movies. Sasha left early as she was going out with her girls tomorrow and had to wake early. Matt and nick both left to go to the gas station to buy snacks and drinks for all four of us and harper and i stsyed behind.

Soon there was a knock on the door. I got up to answer it. As i turned the knob the door was pushed open.

"Where is she?" They say

"HARPER RUN!!!" I shout as harper leaps off of the couch and out of the back door.

A/N
Since you love cliffhanger so much here is another one just for you guys 😉
Ty for all the support i really appreciate how kind you all have been towards my book. 🫶🏻🫶🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 442 27
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ‹†โ‹…โ˜†โ‹…โ‹† โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ After years and years of pining, Chris decided to completely cut Sarah out of his life, really hurting her in the process. A year...
37.9K 922 22
โyou're making it so hard for me to hate you mattโ โthen don't.โ (๐Ÿชฉ) ๐ฌ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ซ๐ž has been trying to make it as youtuber with her bestfri...
446K 3.2K 26
Christopher Sturniolo hates y/n l/n's guts same with y/n. Chris and y/n known each other since they were little and always had a rivalry but what it...