The First Monsoon

By shairaholicx

Book-1 THE MONSOON LOVE SERIES ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ AARYA SHEKHAWAT She's a remarkable businesswoman. Known... More

Characters
1. First Raindrop
1.2 First Raindrop
2. First Face-Off
3. Last Chance
4. Best Friend
New New New
5. Old Scars
6. Park Venue
7. You make me smile
8. Award Night
9. Flashbacks
10. Survival
12. Dream or Reality?
New Book Alert!!
13. Real Dead!
14. Chaos
15. His Jealousy
16. Ready for Marriage?
Scrollstock update
17. Denial
18. Aap
19. He's Harmful for Me
20. Golmaal
21. SLAY

11. Paparazzis

86 16 8
By shairaholicx

Just as the host announced the commencement of the function, I left.

Oh, who am I kidding!! I tried to leave. (Do note the sarcasm)

Because the moment I stepped out of the hall, that scary guard appeared in front of me likh a ghost.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked.

I clutched my chest controlling my breathing.

"Damn man you scared me."
But he still stared at me with the same expression.

I exhaled, knowing that now there was no going back.

"I was leaving okay. I can't stay here okay. It.." my voice trailed of remembering my encounter with my father,"...its personal."

From the corner of my eyes, I found him still staring at me. Damn man!! Is he a robot? Huh!!

"I can't do it okay. What you're boss told me to. It's, it's impossible. Come on can't you see, there's everyone here, how am I supposed to stay close to her?"

He still kept staring at me. My anger and frustration was bubbling inside me. First, my not so dear father clashed with me here, then those haunted memories, and then the encounter with boss. Everything has just left me so disturbed that I can't seem to focus and this hulk over here is not even letting me leave. Bhole baba...What did I get myself into!!!!!!

Controlling my temper, I tried to explain to him very calmly.

"Listen. I can't do this okay. I need to leave. I'm not focused right not. Please...let me leave."

But....you know. This Hulk, stood there, blocking my path, and not. uttering. a. single. word!!!

Now my patience has weared off. Now I can't seem to focus on even lovering my tone. I was about to lash out on him in front of so many guests when he slid an envelope in my hand.

I looked down and signed. Noo!! Not again!!!

I squinted my eyes, and slowly opened it. I looked at it's content and then back at him.

Do what you're told to. Not what you want to.

I closed my eyes. That's it. There's no going back now.

'Ab panga le liya hai to karna padega. Nhi to ye jallad,' I looked up at the guard, 'tujhe chodega nhi..'

(Now you have to do it anyhow. Otherwise this monster will not spare you)

Reluctantly, I returned the envelope back to him and turned on my feet to go back to the hall. I moved forward aimlessly, until I found myself lost in those honey brown eyes. She was there, on the stage, holding her award and a mic, her lips parted, and her eyes in mine.
The light from the spotlight was casting a sparkling glow on her,  enhancing the figure adorned in that snowy white saree.

Wow!

That's all I could say. That's all I could think.

Words fail to capture the emotions that are surging inside me just by her mere presence. She looks like a goddess, with an ethereal halo illuminating her every step. Being in her presence feels like a transformative elixir, infusing a profound sense of serenity and tranquility into the very core of one's being.

She's ethereal. Even in this simple white saree she's looking like an angel- so holy, so pure. The way the fabric drapes around her figure accentuates her curves, adding to her allure.

She's looking at me. Her eyes are in mine, and suddenly, I'm feeling calm, at ease. It's as if her presence is radiating this energy that's crafting  an impression of profound calmness and inner peace within me.

I've never felt like this with just an eye contact with a person. Nor in my 25 years of existence have I encountered such a character. She's a book. A very secured, isolated and unrecognised, but at the same time scary, forbidden and harmful.

We were starting at each other, unfazed by others reaction. She was looking at me. But it was the way those honey brown eyes were looking at me, that just make me incapable to avert my gaze. And then, while looking at me, she started speaking.

"Thank you"

She took a long deep breath, held the mic tightly, and spoke, all the while still looking at me.

"For those who know me, they must have been quite shocked hearing this word coming from my mouth, for I refrain from showing any sort of gratification towards anyone. But today is different. This award I'm holding in my hands today, it's compelling me to say so, and consider all those who have been a significant contributor in making this day happen. Thank you everyone, and I'm extremely sorry to you all. That I'm just unable to express the depth of emotions that are swirling inside of me, for I actually don't possess that level of literal knowledge to be able to frame them. All I can say is, I'm extremely grateful to each and every individual.

The former CEO of the Shekhawat and Daughter's, Mr. Shekhar Shekhawat would have been extremely happy receiving this award. And definitely his beloved wife Mrs. Meera Shekhawat and daughter would be the most excited and happiest amongst all. But alas! Destiny, my mates. Destiny, as they say, is the biggest liar."

I saw her eyes brimming with tears, just on the very border of her waterline. But hell if they even spill out even a drop. Aarya Shekhawat is standing straight as always, with that same stoic, cold and distant demeanour, voice as commanding as that in the office, not even the slightest quiver, a mere crack escapes her vocals. The only ounce of emotions she's portraying, is in her eyes.

Or is it just me who's able to decipher her language of eyes?

And that's when I noticed, that she is not looking at me now. She's looking somewhere else, she's distant, her eyes in a daze, as if living the moment she just stated. As if actually dreaming her father receiving this award instead of her.

"But...since they are not here",she exhaled,

"I, Aarya Shekhawat, daughter of Mrs. Meera Raj Shekhawat and Mr. Shekhar Shekhawat, hereby accepts this award, of the most promising business person of the year. I express my heartfelt gratitude towards each and every individual associated with Shekhawat and Daughter's for making this happen. Thankyou everyone. Really thankyou. Mr. And Mrs. Shekhawat would be really proud of you all.

Thank you"

The loud cheers echoing in the room broke my trance. As I turned my gaze away from her, I find that every single member present in the hall was standing. Some of them in awe of her, some looking at her with utmost respect, and some even with irritation.

The applause continued as I looked back and found her slowly decending the stairs, walking beside her uncle, followed by Mr. Nanda, while the host carried forward the event.

I looked at her face and it was back. The vulnerability in her eyes was long gone replaced by her usual allure.
The same, cold, distant, calm but roaring tigress was back.

'Tigress'

'Yes, Tigress. A chivalrous Tigress'

Unknowingly, my lips turned into a faint smile realising that I just gave her a nickname. As all of them took their seats, I realised that I'am standing in the middle of the hall. Slowly, I walked towards the sitting area, searching for a vacant seat, but to my luck, the only seat left was beside Stuthi Ma'am, our managing director.

I was contemplating whether to go back or go there when Stuthi Ma'am herself turned and spotted me. Her eyebrows scrunched curiously, but soon relaxed when she called for me.

"Hey Mahir. Here."

She waved her hand, asking me to come closer. Hearing her, boss turned back and looked at me. I observed a slight change in her expression, but before giving me time to interpret it, she change it. I slowly walked towards the seat, avoiding those siren eyes, and sad beside Stuthi.

"How come you're here Mahir?" Stuthi Ma'am asked.

'Why ma'am? Please don't ask this in front of her'

I looked up to answer, only to find her scrutinizing eyes on me. I shivered due to the intensity of her gaze.

'Damn man. Why am I so scared in front of her?'

'Because she's a tigress. Isn't she?!'

I was contemplating how to answer and how to avoid her eyes, when someone interrupted her. I looked at her, and found a man sitting beside her. But what took my attention was, that he has held her hand.  I was staring where his hand was kept on hers. She didn't react, nor did she pushed him away. When I looked up, I found them lost in their talked.

Something pricked inside me, looking at her sharing such intimate moment with someone. Though it was not intimate at all for a normal person, but we're taking about Aarya Shekhawat everybody, she's different. No one's ever heard even any kind of  dating rumor about her, let alone do these thing publicly. So seeing her letting him place his hand over her's made me curious to know what relationship they hold.

'Huh! Curious! Just admit it that you're jealous'

I immediately shrugged off that thought as soon as it came.

'Jealousy?? Me?? And for whom? The tigress?'

Not. A. Chance.

'Then why are you glaring at him?'

Shit. I was glaring at them. Not specifically them, but their hands. HIS HAND, to be more precise. Mahir, you've gone mad.

I averted my gaze when Stuthi asked me again.

"How come you're here Mahir?"

"Actually...." My voice trailed off. She looked at me, raising an eyebrow questioningly, but before I could answer, someone interrupted.

"Mahir beta, you didn't leave?" (Child)

I turned around to look at him.

'Dad.
Now what does he wants?'

His voice took all their attention. Dad looked at Aarya and his lips turned into a subtle but professional smile. He brought his right hand forward to her and said,

"Many many congratulations for the win, Miss. Shekhawat"

Boss also stood up and shook his hand.
"Thankyou Sir"

With that, my father turned to me and asked again.

"You didn't leave beta?" (Child)

From the corner of my eyes I could see the change in Stuthi Ma'am expression. But boss's expression remain the same. Unreadable. Did she know I was his son?

"No dad. But I'll soon. Don't worry" t replied with a defensive tone.

"Oh I didn't mean it that way beta.." he started when Stuthi Ma'am asked.

"He's your son?"

My dad looked at her, then at me, then at Boss and then back at me.

"Yes. He's my son." I looked up at him when he said that. It was not the statement which took my attention, it was the words he used.

'My son'

'He's my son'

How I wish he would have said it in the past 10 years. I would be jumping with joy. But right now, all I feel is a betrayal. Abandoned. And I can't shake the feeling that it's all because of him.

"Ohh" Stuthi Ma'am stood up and forwarded her hand. "I'm Stuthi Srivastav, managing director of Shekhawat and Daughter's. Actually, I'm your son's senior", she said, smiling.

My father looked at me, surprise evident in his eyes. There was a slight glint in his eyes as well. Maybe, he's proud? Or is her not?

He shook Stuthi Ma'am hand and said.

"Ohh it was..it was nice meeting you"

Then he turned to Boss and said,
"Thankyou Miss. Shekhawat for giving my son a chance. I'm really honoured to know that he's working under such a brilliant guidance."

"Oh don't thank me. It was your son and his exceptional talent which helped him grab the position. He deserves it."

I kept looking at her. I couldn't shake the feeling that came into my heart listening to what she said. It was...different. Something very calming, and surreal. For the first time ever, other than Ajji, someone has appreciated me. Someone has truly believed that I deserve someone. And accepted it in front of my father. Her words were continuously repeating in my head.

'He deserves it'

While Aarya and Rishabh got busy in the business related talked, the host announced the ending of the event. Everyone started returning back, being well aware of all the paparazzi.

Aarya and her team too, along with Mahir, were surrounded by the media. The guards were trying their best to segregate the crowd. They were standing as a barrier between them to avoid chaos.

Everyone was clicking pictures, asking something and anything from her.

Suddenly, a news reported broke out of the separation and jumped in front of Aarya. Due to his sudden action, Aarya slipped and was about to fall backwards when someone held her from behind.

She looked up and found Ajay Malhotra, holding her in his arms. Sensing their positions Aarya immediately started to get up but before she could, they heard numerous camera snaps and flashlights flickering...

~•°•~

Akum Bakum everyone ❣️

I'm back. I'm extremely sorry that I made you all wait for soo long. I was damn busy these days.

Anyways, forget that. Here's the update. And I really hope that you all like it.

By the way, in thinking of keeping a vote target from now on. What say?
When the vote target is achieved, I'll be posting the new chapter. Till then, I'll just wait.

That's a good idea, right?

So let's start from today's episode.
The vote target is...
10+ (let's keep it low)

So Guyz vote and comment to get the new update.

Till then, stay tuned everybody. 😉

Buyiee!! 😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 15.5K 89
*BOOK ONE OF THE EMOTIONS SERIES* Two States? But make it Wattpad version. When the single Rudroneel laid his eyes on his sister's best friend, he u...
His Hush Hush Girl By KB

General Fiction

188K 15.1K 56
His Girl series #1 When you're destined to be with the person you love, none can rip you apart. Akruti Arora, an innocent soul yet beauty with a brai...
196K 11.1K 59
/BOOK 2 - PROPOSAL SERIES/ -- Starting fresh, starting new is never easy. Not when you leave a major part of yourself back and locked in chains of t...
53.7K 4.4K 37
Arhan khan An engineer by profession but work as the ceo of India's biggest company. Everyone fears him as he has the worst temper . His life change...