Artemis (howl x reader)

נכתב על ידי benson8796

following the book !!! i do not own howls moving castle or any of the characters mentioned, only my own chara... עוד

sophie !
Stars
flames
a scarecrow ?
A star
Wales

welcome

10 0 0
נכתב על ידי benson8796

when sophie woke, her body was aching, that's what you get for sleeping on a dirty wooden chair, letting out a small groan she hobbled to her feet, looking around the castle, she could get a better view.

heavy beams in the ceiling. The stones of the floor were stained and greasy, ash was piled within the fender, and cobwebs hung in the beams. There was a layer of dust on the skull that Sophie absently wiped it off as she passed.

her eyes land on the boots again, now only noticing the smaller brown shoes beside them, caked in a thick layer of dried mud. suddenly the door chimes and sophie shoots up, listening to the sound of footsteps bounding along the floor, she hurried back to her chair and folding her arms over her chest she pretends to be asleep.

-----------------------------

light beams through ravens window and she lets out a small groan, rolling over into her mountain of pillows. the sun rays taunt her and she lets out a small mutter of a curse before rolling out of bed.

meeting eyes with her reflection in the mirror she runs a hand through her hair. walking to her cupboard she tugs out a dress with small stars embroider into the base. slipping it on she reaches for her accessories.

"raven! door!" markl calls, raven adjusts her necklace and walks to the door, opening it the same time the younger boy sprints past, making his way downstairs. the sound of his feet bounding down the stairs wakes up calcifer.

raven watches as sophie pretends to be asleep, careful not to be caught. raven jumps the last few steps, watching as markl stares the woman down,

"hey who's this lady?" he glances between raven who is walking over and sophie, raven shrugs her shoulders and markl glances at the granny.

"door markl" raven reminds and he nods, running to the table and grabbing his cloak, shifting into his old man disguise.

raven steps beside calcifer, he looks at her and she hums, bringing her hand over his body, his flame was going out slightly, a low orange glow emits from her palm and calcifer spurts back up, watching as raven flicks the remains of his fire from her fingers before reaching down and picking up some logs.

sophie peeks from the corner of her eye, watching raven. she is shocked to see the woman , taking in her features, pale skin and eyes. ghostly white hair. almost as if she was living dead. the dark eye bags under her eyes caught sophie of guard. this was the woman from last night, and from the market. how strange.

raven looks at sophie and hums, "good morning granny"

sophie tenses and sits up straight, raven chuckles and markl steps to her side passing her the letter from the king. she steps away and opens it, letting markl question sophie.

"Αn inνitation from His Μajesty It has come to war" she reads under her breath "His Μajesty desires eνery wizard and magician, eνen the witches, to aid our homeland"

she puts the letter on the side and rolls her eyes. "war, how awful its getting closer" she puts the letter on the cramped table.

"Αnd who might you be?" markl questions sophie.

"Calcifer let me in" she responds.

"Don't look at me" calcifer looks at raven who walks over, markl looks at the woman who just shrugs and scruffs up his hair.

"She wandered in from the Wastes" raven hums looking at sophie.

"Τhe Wastes?" markl looks at calcifer and raven "You're not a witch, are you?"

"and what's wrong with being a witch" raven quips, resting her hand on her hip, markl's face flushes with embarrassment and raven laughs, 

"I'm joking, and anyway, calcifer wouldn't allow the witch of the waste in, would he?" she pats markl's head and the door rings.

markl looks at the door and grabs his cloak again, answering the young girl on the other side. raven hums and turns back to sophie.

"quite a nasty spell" raven hums, Sophie's eyes widen and she turns to raven.

"can you take the spell off?" sophie stares at raven, hoping she could get rid of the spell and sophie could leave before howl came home.

"its the witch of the waste?" raven tilts her head, sophie nods.

"right" ravens brows furrow. "i will have to study you, which may take a while..." raven starts to mumble to herself. sophie frowns and try's to listen to the woman who goes quite. she looks at the fire, "or you could bargain with calcifer, but that's up to you"

sophie cautiously eyes the fire, she knew better than to make a bargain with a demon, and calcifer smirking didn't really help the whole deal.

"All right," she said. "What are the terms of the contract? How do I break it?"

an eager grin broke out on calcifer face and raven chuckled, standing up.

"You agree to a bargain?" calcifer looked to sophie. there voices trailed away as raven made her way upstairs.

walking into her room she grabs her boots and bag. having gotten dressed this morning she didn't have much to do. fixing her hair, trying to comb down the short strands that stick up abit more that she would like.

--------------------

"Where does the black one lead?" sophie asks looking at the doors switches that markl just changed the colours too.

"Only Μaster Howl and raven know" markl responds, grabbing some plates, bread and cheese before putting them on the table. "I'm hungry, better start making breakfast"

"But you'νe got bacon and eggs" sophie opens the cupboard and looks at the breakfast rations spew around among the mess.

"Μaster Howl's away" markl responds, "and raven is busy upstairs"

"I'll cook for you"

"But you can't Calcifer only obeys and bows his head for Howl and raven"

"Τhat's right, I won't cook for you" calcifer argues, watching as sophie puts a pan on him. he grumbles and fights against her at her.

"Αll right, Calcifer Be a good fire, now" sophie hums adjusting her footing.

"Forget it, I'm a demon I answer to no one"

"If you don't, I shall pour water on you. Or I shall pick up the tongs and take away both your logs" sophie snaps, hitting the pan down onto the fire who bursts up into a roar of flames.

raven descends down the stairs, tilting her head at the interaction, calcifer looks at her quickly and she smirks at him, walking over.

"suggest you do as she says calcifer~" she passes sophie two rations of bacon. "we dont know what she's capable off" she teases walking towards markl.

"Hey! Hey! I neνer should'νe listen to you and let this old lady in" he argues, glaring towards raven.

"Τhat's right, there's a good fire" sophie moves the bacon around. 

"I'd like some tea, too Haνe you got a kettle?" sophie smiles as she looks to markl looks at raven, she hums and points to the sink, markl nods and pushes a stood towards the sink, climbing up and picking up the dirty kettle. 

"i hope your bacon burns" calcifer mutters, raven sends him a scolding look and he grumbles at her. raven takes the kettle from markl and flicks her wrist, the dirt washes away and she passes it back to the boy. 

the door opens and all eyes draw to howl. he runs a hand through his hair as he walks up the stairs into the castell.

"Welcome home, Μaster Howl You haνe letters from the king" markl is first to greet him, howl looks to the boy and ruffles his hair with a small smile. "markl"

the man leans his guitar up against the wall and takes the letter, 

howl makes his way over to raven who was cutting slices of bread, wrapping an arm around ravens waist and spins her into his chest, sophie watches as her dress blows at the sudden action, watching as raven looks at howl, resting her free hand onto his chest to push him away. 

giving him a small look she pry's from his arms howl chuckles and walks over to sophie who is quick to divert her eyes from the pair.

"Who exactly are you?" howl asks sophie, now stood behind the old woman

"I'm Grandma Sophie You see, I'm your new cleaning lady" she quickly responds, howl hums and leans forward, it was clear that these two were in there early twenties, thought that boy couldnt have been over thirteen, was it there child.

how disgraceful of howl to be jittering and out stealing women's hearts, with a girlfriend and son at home. sophie though to herself, looking to raven who helps markl pick out plates. 

"Giνe me that" howl carefully takes the tools from sophies hands, looking down at calcifer. 

"calcifer, your so obedient" he chuckles to the demon who rolls his eyes.

"Pass me two more bacon slices and six more eggs" howl turns to sophie and she nod quickly grabbing the things for him to put in the pan. throwing the egg shells for calcifer to eat. though she was obeying his words, she couldnt help but seethe at him for being so atrocious.

"Αnd who hired you to clean?" howl asks, sophie looks panicked, caught up in her own mind.

"i did" raven speaks up and the pair look to her. "the castle is a mess, we dont have the time to clean" she tilts her head at howl and he hums taking the things from the stove.

"markl forks!" raven nudges the boy and he runs to grab anything clean he could find. she helps him lay the table and howl plates up the food, raven pours the tea and sits beside howl. 

"what are you doing today ?" howl looks at raven and she hums sitting down. "your all dressed up"

she nods, "yeah, I'm going out at some point today, running out of herbs" she hums picking at her food with her spoon, howl hums and picks up the cut bread, passing everyone a bit.

"So, what's that in your pocket?" howl looks at sophie who looks up from her plate.

"what" she slips her hand into her pocket and pulls out a folded piece of red paper, howl reaches out to take it but pops with colour and a small flame engulfs it. landing on the table with a small hiss.

"It's scorched into the table Μaster Howl, this is. . ."

"ancient sorcery, powerful at that" raven hums, leaning forward to get a look.

"He who catches a falling star, oh heartless man Your heart shall be mine. . . " howl reads, a small frown falls on his face and he sighs. "cant be good for the table"

running his hand over the mark it lights up and a red hue illuminates everyone's faces, howl swipes his hand and the mark has gone, he pulls his hand back and stands up.

"Τhe scorch mark has νanished" markl fawns looking at the table

"but not the spell, please continue your meal" howl picks up his plate. "Calcifer, moνe the castle 100 kilometres" he steps back and pours the food into the fires mouth, raven watches as he makes his way upstairs.

"Αnd send hot water to the bath" he adds as he disappears, calcifer mumbles to himself and raven stands up, finishing what little she had on her plate before putting it to wash.

"right, I'm off, please let howl know if I'm not back by the time he comes down" she wraps her cloak over her shoulders. "i wont be long"

with that she adjusts the door and makes her way outside onto the bustling streets. tugging her hood down she slips out. the market was busy, a few people glanced at her but she ignored them, she had a list of things she needed.

the air smelt salty, a few kids ran around at her feet there parents walking a few steps behind them. raven hummed and passed the man at the stall some money.

"say, your that witch who lives up in the wizards home?" he speaks and raven nods.

"i was wandering if you have any remedies for my dear mother" the man frowned, "she cant seem to sleep and we dont know what to do, her health is declining!"

"if you pop over to the shop this afternoon i will have a basket ready for you" raven smiled hooking her bag over her shoulder. the man smiles, "thank you!"

----------------

walking back into the castle raven slips inside, howl was now sat in his chair, his eyes scanning over a book, sophie was washing up and markl was upstairs somewhere. raven walked inside and placed her things on the table.

making light work of the basket for the man and his mother. "what's that raven?" sophie asks, drying her hands on her apron.

"a man at the market asked me to make him a basket for his mother, she is having trouble sleeping" raven pauses. "I'm putting herbs such as Valerian, Chamomile, lavender and mint" raven explains and sophie nods.

"can you not use magic?"

"oh i can, but herbs work just as well" raven chuckles and spins on her heel, looking at howl who glanced up from his book when the door rattles with a knock. howl groans and stands up, walking to the door and changing the colour.

raven and sophie watch as a posh looking man dressed in purple and gold bowed towards howl.

"His Majesty the King presents his compliments and sends payment for two thousand pair of seven-league boots"

sophie steps closer to the door, taking in the change in scenery. the man handed howl a long, silken, chinking purse, howl took it and shut the door, looking over his shoulder he ascends into the main house, stuffing the purse into his pocket before disappearing upstairs again.

raven sighs and drops into her chair, sophie noticing the one with the heavy black blanket was ravens and the one with the blue shawl throw over was howls.

"I wish he hadn't given Howl all that money" raven mutters, sighing into her hands.

"is howl letting me stay here?" sophie asks, walking beside raven who opens her eyes and looks at the woman.

"I'm letting you stay" raven speaks, "that's all you need to know"

"raven is the only person who can make howl do anything, he doesn't argue with her" calcifer chuckles and raven playfully glares at him. 

the door knocks again and raven stands up, brushing past sophie carefully raven grabs the basket of herbs and opens the door to the Porthaven market streets.

"I'm here for-"

raven passes the man the basket. "you want to mix the herbs into a tea, not all at once, i left a small list of instructions" she pulls out the violet paper. "if there are any problems dont be afraid to come and ask for help"

"how much do i owe you" the man smiles.

"2 gold" raven smiles and the man nods, digging into his pocket and passing raven the gold. she smiles and closes the door. 

"i used my magic then" raven looked at sophie who snapped her head to look at the woman with a confused look. 

Clairsentience the Power to: Feel paranormal sensations. The power to feel things outside the range of normal perception it distances beyond their normal ranges or being able to sense things that are beyond their normal tactile range

"that's who i knew was behind the door" raven dropped into her chair and threw her feet over the arm. 

-------------------

"master howl are you going out!" markl asks as howl walks down the stairs, howl grabs ravens glass of wine and finishes it, she rolls her eyes and flicks her wrist, pushing his body away from her. 

"Μarkl, tell our cleaning lady not to get too carried away" howl ruffles the boys hair before walking down the stairs, switching the colour to black he opens the door and disappears out, the colour flicking back to blue.

"I'm the cleaning lady It's my job to clean" sophie mutters as she starts making her way upstairs.

"No, not the 2nd floor!" Markle panics running ahead of the woman and blocking her way up the stairs. raven chuckles and carry's her bag of coal to calcifer. he eyes it and hums, watching as she cuts open the top and throws him abit, he snatches it in his mouth and chews on it.

"If I were you, I'd put your precious things away in a hurry" sophie teases, markl's eyes widen and he bolts it upstairs "Saνe my room for later"

raven throws calcifer another bit of coal before making her way upstairs, rubbing the soot from her hands onto her dress.

"excuse me sophie" she hums, slipping past the woman and taking the next flight of stairs up. opening the door to her room raven slips inside. her room was one of the cleanest out of the three of them.

sort off. 

she had jars and trinkets littering any empty space, the walls were covered in pictures, drawings, spells, posters. everything. her desk was covered in herbs and crystals, the book shelves and windows had plants growing in pots and her closet was overflowing with fabric. 

-----------------

walking down the stairs raven notices markl looking for a potion, a little girl stood int he room and looked around.

"raven, where is the safety spell i made this morning?" Markl asks and raven points to the cupboard, he nods and rushes over, picking through the jars he finds one.

the little girl peered in at Sophie as curiously as Sophie peered out at her. raven brushed past the the girl turned her attention to raven.

"good morning miss!" the girl smiled and raven glanced down at her. "good morning" raven nodded.

markl came back holding the jar of powdered potion in his hands. "Tell her to sprinkle it right along the boat. It'll last out and back, even if there's a storm.""

The girl took the paper and passed over a coin. "Has the Sorcerer got another witch working for him too?" she asked.

"no" markl shook his head. glancing at raven who carried a heavy stack of books to the table. a pen stuck behind her ear and a few bottles and herbs floating behind her, each decorated in a stary hue of magic. 

"Meaning me?" Sophie called turning to markl and the girl "Oh, yes, my child. I'm the best and cleanest witch in Ingary."

markl shut the door, letting out a small sigh "That will be all around Porthaven now. Howl may not like that." He turned the door green again before walking over and standing beside raven. Sophie cackled to herself a little.

watching as markl handed raven the money and raven twisted it in her hand and it disappeared into the air.

"what are you doing?" sophie questions.

"we try and keep the money in a store, howl tends to have a small spending habit" raven chuckles.

"small!" both markl and calcifer yelp. "that man spends money faster than i burn a log!"

raven sighs and runs a hand through her hair. "you try and fight with him over coins, trust me you wont win" her eyes trail to sophie who is staring at her, a furrow in her brow.

"you okay over there sophie?" raven calls, closing her book once again.

"a-are you and howl, you know..." she trails off. ravens eyes widen and markl laughs as he makes his way up the stairs. raven turns to face sophie.

"no!" she shakes her head, "I'm guessing you thought markl was our son?"

sophie frowns and that gives raven her answer. "dont worry your not the first, lets just say, me and howl have a complicated relationship" raven pauses, "and leave it at that"

sophie was abit more relaxed knowing raven wasnt stuck down to that pig of a man, and that markl was just an apprentice. though both raven and howl treated him like a son. easy mistake.

--------------

sophie swept such quantities of dust and rubbish from Michael's room that she nearly swamped Calcifer trying to burn it all.

"You'll be the death of me! You're as heartless as Howl!" Calcifer choked, raven sat on the table and watches as the mad woman cleans. sophie meets eyes and points a finger at raven. "you can help as well!"

"me?" raven mumbles, sophie nods, "yes, come on!"

Sophie tied on her headcloth, rolled up her sleeves, and girdled on her apron. She collected her bucket of water and her soap. raven glances at calcifer and the pair watched as the woman made her way up the stairs.

"she's crazy" raven chuckles, locking the top of the bin bag and dragging it towards the door. "tell me about it, its been a whole week, and all she has done is clean!" calcifer moans.

raven hums and wipes the dust from her hands, "have you heard anything from howl?"

"not at all" calcifer mumbles, raven nods and watches as markl runs down the stairs, in his hands a box, he meets eyes with raven and she tilts her head, "what's in the box?"

"stuff" he responds tucking it away, raven chuckles and stands up, walking towards the stairs, she peers back at the two in the room, "ill make a dinner tonight"

markl nods and calcifer hums, knowing that raven didn't cook often, howl did most of the cooking when he was home, but when he wasnt the group ate sandwiches and toast. 

sophie rushes down the stairs with a bucket of water and raven presses against the wall, carefully not to get in the crazy old woman's way. she ascends up the stairs and pushes into her room, locking the door behind her.

dropping herself onto the ground raven laid out books and spells, chalking out a small pentagram

on the top point raven brought her dagger to her palm and drew blood. the lights around her flickered and raven quietly started mumbling out spells. the breeze in her room picked up and the window shutters smashed against each other rapidly.

downstairs sophie looks up and mutters to herself. "its better not to go up there!" calcifer calls out. "ravens busy, its best not to disturb her when she does big spells"

"big spells?"

"yea, she does them every month, something about keeping her body in balance" markl mutters. "she will come down in the morning, usually her eyes pale and her stars glowing" 

"is that what those things are on her cheeks?" 

"yes" markl nods. 

"and dont forget her lunar eclipse spell" calcifer speaks up.

"oh yeah, i forgot about that one!" 

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

91.6K 2K 19
A story of Howl and Y/N. Y/N loses someone very dear to her and is forced to find Howl the wizard. When she does find him, he agrees to give her a p...
49.8K 1K 55
I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS THE CHARACTERS ARE FROM TANGLED THE SERIES SO YEAH I ALSO DO NOT OWN ANY IF THE VIDEOS OR PICTURES I PUT OKAY. SO DON'T M...
63 0 12
this is basically howls moving castle but Norman from TPN is howl as you can see by the title starring... Kerrigan as Sophie Hatter Norman as Howl Do...
734K 11.1K 34
None of the girls in this book are mine! They belong to their creators!