*ೃ༄ NEVER GROW UP ; LUKE HUGH...

By jjstruelove

ADI BLUE was head over heels for the youngest brother of the Hughes since she was born ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHILDHOOD... More

NEVER GROW UP
PROLOGUE
one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
ninteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one

five

3.8K 65 12
By jjstruelove

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ I THINK IVE SEEN THIS FILM BEFORE
AND I DIDNT LIKE THE ENDING
taylor swift + bon iver

ADI BLUE stared at herself in the mirror, dragging her palms down the tight black dress adorning her tan skin.

"Do I look okay?" She asked, locking eyes with Helena through the mirror as she tilted her head to the side.

Helena nodded, the strong smell of Gucci Flora hitting Adi's nose as she placed her head on the blondes shoulder. "You're a stunner."

Adi smiled, patting the girls face as the two began to head over to the Hughes household, cars already beginning to line up.

Helena walked in first, Adi trailing behind as she stared at all of the decorations, baby pictures of the boy scattered on a table.

A smile came to her lips as she paused, lifting a photo as she held it delicately.

Little Luke was beaming at the camera, sticking his tongue out with Adi wrapped in his arms, holding his hockey stick.

"I remember that like it was yesterday." Ellen hummed, coming beside the girl.

Adi placed it back down with a nod. "The good old days, huh? Where is everyone?"

"Uh, the families outside." Ellen glanced around. "I believe so are the boys. I need to keep my head on a swivel when they're all home."

Adi chuckled, watching Ellen wipe her forehead. "You're doing a great job mama Els. I should go make my rounds."

Ellen thanked her, squeezing her shoulder as Adi slipped from the dining room, opening the backdoor.

She breathed deeply, scanning the many familiar faces as groups were gathered, Helena no where to be seen.

"Hey, kid." A voice jeered, tugging the bottom of her hair softly.

Adi swatted the hand away, the angry expression on her features quickly dying as she faced him. "Huggybear!" She wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him tightly. "If it isn't my favorite Hughes."

Quinn puckered his lips, adjusting the collar of his shirt. "You know it. So, you excited?"

"Yes." Adi twisted her face. "Is he nervous?"

"Shitting his pants." Quinn nodded, sipping his beer. "I'm really happy for him. He's been waiting for this his whole life."

Adi glanced towards him, her breath hitching as he grinned, smoothing his suit out. "Yeah, no. He looks great."

Quinn cocked a brow with a chuckle. "I never said he looked bad."

Adi flushed with embarrassment, shaking her head. "What? I know, I was just, like, being nice. It's his draft day."

Quinn hummed with narrowed eyes. "I'm sure, Ads. I better catch a move on it, your man is coming."

Adi shot him daggers before being bear hugged by the youngest Hughes, a small laugh leaving her glossed lips as she was placed back on the ground.

"Hi, Ads." Luke glanced down at her.

"Hi, Lukey." Adi peered up towards him. "How are you feeling?"

Luke shrugged. "A lot of emotions. Like, a lot."

"You'll be fine." Adi waved him off. "Any team is lucky to have you."

"Thank you." Luke blushed slightly.

Adi lifted her hands, adjusting his buttoned shirt, then his suit jacket. "See, now you look ready for a draft."

"What would I do without you?" Luke placed a hand to his heart.

Adi scoffed lowly. "Die. Definitely die."

"Luke, honey, it's about to start." Ellen poked her head through the sliding back door, the two sharing a nervous glance before heading back into the room.

Adi tucked her hair behind her ear, standing behind Jim as he sat down. Alex smiled towards her with a nod, she reciprocated.

Numerous hats littered the table, Luke sitting the middle beside Jack and Quinn. His leg bounced up and down, cameras being turned towards him as the TV flashed.

The first pick came in, then the second, and the third. Luke was patient, earning a pat on the back from Quinn occasionally.

"The New Jersey Devils are proud to select...." The devils speaker came to the mic, Jack growing visibly nervous. "From the USA program...Luke Hughes."

Jack was the first jump up, not being able to contain his excitement as he hugged his baby brother tightly. Luke hugged his brothers, hugging Jack twice as he moved to his mother, father and grandmother.

Helena nodded at the boy, giving him a squeeze.

Luke was red, smiling, and the happiest he'd ever looked in his life as his family congratulated him.

Adi was so proud of him, she knew he'd make it. Adi shifted her feet, soaking it all in. Luke was a New Jersey Devil. Luke was going to be 800 miles away.

Luke's arms coming to hold her had her snapping out of her daze, hugging him back tightly as she rested her chin on his shoulder. "You did it!"

Luke pulled back, squeezing her arms. "Let's go! Couldn't have done it without you, Adi Blue."

Adi smiled at him, scrunching her nose as she watched him continue to thank his family and friends. Adi cleared her throat, growing hot as she stepped outside.

Her heels were sinking into the grass as she sat on the steps nearest to the docks, taking in the water as she could still hear the hype inside.

"Adi Blue." Quinn came to sit beside her, nudging her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Adi shook her head. "Are they still celebrating?"

Quinn chuckled. "Mom popped a bottle of champagne. Lukey is doing his interviews now. He should be done soon."

"Good." Adi nodded, hearing chatter behind them as more people exited the house, giving Luke his space.

"I know you, Adi." Quinn nudged her once more. "I can tell you're being off. I saw it in your face the moment he got picked."

Adi crossed her arms, staring down at her heels. "I'm not...I don't want to come off as selfish. I guess, when he goes to Jersey, Quinn, everything is gonna change."

"And that can be a good thing." Quinn shrugged. "People change, Adi. That doesn't mean Lukey will shy away from you. He's gonna need you."

Adi bit into her bottom lip. "And what happens if he doesn't?"

"Is that what you're scared of?" Quinn asked. "Adi, you're out of your mind if you think Luke will never not need you."

"You think so?" Adi searched for the truth in his eyes, watching him nod.

Quinn smiled softly at her. "I know so. He adores everything about you."

"Has he...has he, like, ever told you anything about me?" Adi stumbled over her words, keeping her eyes locked in his face.

Quinn bit his bottom lip, trying to contain his laughter.  "He's my brother, Adi. I can't rat him out."

"Right..." Adi began, her lips snapping shut as he cut her off.

"But you're like my little sister. But if you mean, like, has he ever told me anything about you in that way...Luke has been obsessed with you since he met you. I've tried to talk him into finally making a move but he shys away." Quinn explained, throwing his brother under the bus.

Adi could feel her stomach whirl, nodding with a chuckle. "Right, okay. That makes me feel better. I think he tried to kiss me the other day."

"So, that's why he was silent after you left." Quinn clicked his tongue.

Adi twisted with guilt, shoving her face into her hands. "Quinner, don't say that! I felt so bad but...I, like, I don't know."

"Adi, do you like him or not?" Quinn raised his brows.

"Yes. Of course I do." Adi admitted, holding her arms.

i want to be friends w him
SO BAD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 1.2K 41
LORELEI SANDERS despised everything and anything hockey related. That included her college, University of Michigans hockey captain; Luke Hughes. LUKE...
22.3K 410 27
All Sophia ever wanted was for Ashton Maverick to notice her. But he was best friends with her older brother, Patrick, and a hockey star. There was n...
52.7K 412 15
The Weathers and the Hughes have been family friends for years. Jocelyn grew up with the three Hughes boys, although her closest bond seemed to be wi...
35.1K 791 21
000. ▋ 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐔 𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎...!°⋆ ( . 𝙻𝚄𝙺𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙶𝙷𝙴𝚂 ) ↳ 🪩🍸🧷 ―in which halle bernard and luke hughes reunite after 3...