Meleksima Sultan | Megnifcant...

By ZeynebSultana

Gloria is a beautiful and clever young gentlewoman from Romania She lived with her mother and grandmother, a... More

Paralogue
Characters
1st chapter
2nd chapter
3rd chapter
4th chapter
5th chapter
6th chapter
7th chapter
8th chapter
9th chapter
10th chapter
11th chapter
12th chapter
13th chapter
14th chapter
16th chapter
17th chapter

15th chapter

449 26 4
By ZeynebSultana

I sat with Maria at the assignment chambers as Nour kalfa showed us how to knit, the kadins were all focused and following along, except for two, Latife hatun who was glaring at me, and Nadia who sat beside her displaying a sour face.

I still couldn't believe that Nadia had gone from being my friend to a sour-faced humbug.

I merely beamed at Maria who was loving the material in front of her.

I do not intend to let them ruin my mood, I woke up feeling good today,

Haçı ağa stopped by the favorites' floor this morning to notify me of tonight's plan. it will also keep my mind off of the fact that I won't be able to see Murad tonight, since it's a Thursday night and he wishes to spend it with his family.

I along with him and Silahtar Paşa will take off to Kösem sultan's vakıf, where Halil paşa will be obliviously waiting.

I blinked a couple of times, not realizing that I was caught in a trance.

feeling Maria's hand on my shoulder "Meleksima, what's on your mind? you weren't paying attention" Maria whispered her concern,

I twinkled at her before looking around, to make sure no one was eavesdropping, just to come upon the burning glare of Latife hatun, whom I had been avoiding.

Not because of fear but because I had more important matters to deal with.

"She has been scowling at me for days, I'm sure she's up to something," I whispered looking back at Maria with an uneasy look.

Maria peeked at them from the hub of her eye, before taking a whiff, she stood up making my eyes follow her wide open as she moved towards the pair, "Maria" I hissed lowly but she ignored my calls

thank god the kalfa is occupied assisting one of the kadins with the materials.

Maria had good relationships with the harem girls, they liked her and mostly listened to what she had to say.

Maria spoke in a seemingly calm tone, I couldn't hear what she was saying but I noticed how she gritted her teeth annoyed with the two kadins before her. 

That's what I love the most about Maria, she is calm and collected, thinks before she acts. but she can get quite intense at times.

they both swallowed as they gave one last dirty look before getting to work.

With an irritated face, Maria joined me again, picking up her material, she beamed with a slight reassuring nod in response to my amused questioning look, making me smile before getting back to work.

⚜︎⚜︎⚜︎

"I need to go now, see you around dinnertime," Maria gaily spoke as we both strolled out of the assignment's chamber on our way to do our tasks, Maria's being assisting the Kalfas. While I serve Atike Sultan,

I stepped into Atike's chamber with a smile
"sultanım" I bowed to her, before looking up at her, she sat on her couch, offering me a timid smile.

"Meleksima, come join me, everyone else can leave" she invited me, before dismissing her maids, they bowed before closing the door behind them as they left.

"All good I hope, you seem a bit agitated," I said as I sat beside her,

"Why? Can't I simply want to spend time with my friend," she said offering me a playful pout, making me chuckle.

"No sultanım, that's not what I meant, but during our short time together I've grown to know you quite well," I said with a knowing smile.

she glanced down at her intertwined hands avoiding my gaze, a nervous habit of hers I managed to pick up,

"is it about Hüseyin paşa?" I appealed with a smile, her eyes widened and her cheeks blushed,

"How? How do you know?" she asked in a stunned tone, I only giggled.

"I saw the way you were looking at one another, I might have also seen you drop the latter to him" I whispered with a slight giggle, she bit her lower lip embarrassed.

she let a breath out "What can I do, I never felt this way before," I squeezed her hand comfortingly, her shoulders drooping as she spoke in a low voice,

"I tried talking to Valide about it, but...she told me to wake up from the dream I'm living in,"

She quivered as she continued, "Love is not for us sultanas. she'll marry me to some old paşa, she said that if she saw me with him she'd get him beheaded."

Atike was fully crying as she ended her sentence, the sight of her tears broke my heart, Atike might act immature but it's because that's what everyone expected from her. But she's caring and delicate.

I took her to my embrace. I caressed her back soothingly, as she seemed to calm down a bit.

she wiped her tears as I walked to the table, and filled her with a cup of water, "Here," I offered it to her,

She mustered a thin smile that didn't reach her eyes before she sipped the fluid. after a few calm beats, She sniffed still looking down.

I held her chin bringing her to look at me as I smiled at her, "You love him," I whispered.

she was going to differ but she stayed silent before uttering "...yes."

"Atike," I whispered her name unlike every other time, I always called her by her title, but this time I wasn't talking to a sultana,
I am talking to my friend.

I took her hands in mine "You are a brave individual, you must stand up for your love, and fight for it," I spoke softly

"...How?" she asked, her cheerless stares glimpsing at mine.

"Confess your love, and set your heart to rest, I'm here for you, and I'll make sure it works out for you," I promised making her smile.

"Now, come on sultanım, how about a nice little walk," I said cheerfully as I stood up, Atike whined tiredly.

"No excuses, you look like you need it, come choose a gown," I insisted as she huffed before her weary face changed to a beaming one.

~~~

I heard a soft knock on my door "Come in" I said as Haçı ağa came in "Are you ready hatun?" he asked as I wore my shawl over my face, before nodding to him.

We quietly walked down the harem steps, everyone was asleep aside from Maria and Cennet hatun who were going to stay here just to make sure everything went right.

Haçi ağa made sure that the ağas didn't get a night shift just to make sure no one saw us.

Haçi stepped ahead of me with a candle in hand, gleaming the dim path of the secret underpass.

"Come on hatun," he said as we reached the door, and were greeted by the sight of the illuminating full moon and the familiar numerous trees.

"You'll have to ride a horse this time, we can't risk getting a carriage," Haçi said as we walked deeper into the distance.

I smiled, "Don't worry, I've had my fair share of horse rides," I said as Silahtar came into our view.

"paşa," I said with a bow and so did Haçi, he nodded back "Come on, we can't waste more time," he said as Haci helped me mount the lovely raven horse.

~~~

I tugged the tack halting the horse's movement as we were mere steps away from kösem Sultan's vakıf.

Haçi ağa helped me off the horse before I fixed my shawl.

"I'll stand between the barrier, Haçi you'll communicate with Halil paşa while Silahtar paşa will stay by the door and what happens after that counts on what Halil paşs has to say," I reminded receiving nodes from the both of them.

I took a deep breath as I entered the crowded niche, children and women everywhere I looked, I made sure my face was covered just in case, as we walked up the stairs.

I entered a room with Haçi following me, I stood by the barrier and nodded for Haçi to call upon Halil paşa.

he nodded as I swallowed thickly, a few seconds passed, and I heard multiple footsteps, Haçi stood between the barriers ushering Halil paşa to speak.

"Sultanım, as per your orders I transferred all of your funds here to the vakıf without anyone suspecting a thing," He said offering Haçi a rolled manuscript.

I took it before reading it, and a smirk grew over my face as I took in every word, it was a list of the treasure transferred and it had his seal on it.

"If you allow me sultana, why did you want to transfer them here they were safe at the Eski palace," he asked,

I smiled as I slowly stepped out of the barrier, coming face-to-face with the foolish paşa in front of me.

He bowed, having yet to realize that it was not Kösem sultan who stood before him but me, Meleksima hatun.

"There is this saying that goes 'lost time is never found again.'" I spoke as he shot his head up looking at me, his eyes twitching with fear

I continued "And you, Halil paşa wasted your time serving the wrong person, in this empire, there is only one person that you bow to and that is his majesty, Sultan Murad Han." I ended my sentence with irritation evident in my voice.

He only looked at me, not knowing what to say, sweat slipping off his temple

"And every traitor will me get what they deserve, Ağas!" I called as the Ağas along with Silahtar paşa entered the room,

Halil fell to his knees begging for forgiveness. I walked out with the paper in hand Haçi ağa following, ignoring his pleading.

"Take him to the dungeons, I'll explain everything to hünkârım. bring more ağa's we have a fortune to show his majesty." I heard Silahtar paşa ordering before stepping out joining me and Haçi.

"You did well Meleksima hatun, appreciation to you, Kösem Sultan is now worth nothing" He declared contentment apparent on his face.

I smiled looking down before looking up at him "Don't thank me just yet, Kösem has a lot of influence that has to cease, I'll only rest then, this this just the start paşa," I conveyed before making my way out.

"Like we agreed paşa, I was never here, all I did was find the paper and that's all," I affirmed receiving a nod from him.

before I covered my face as I made my way to where we left the horses Haçi hot on my heels, Two guards with us.

A/hN
Hello everyone ❤️
Hope you enjoyed the chapter
Much love ❤️ çok sevgi 🫶🏻
1796words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 3.7K 45
Mary-Rose lived a a quite life for the past 16 years along side her parents and two brothers, but something life changing happened that turned her li...
21.5K 796 14
Being an Ottoman sultana gave you a lot of power, but being born as an Ottoman sultana gave you even more power than anyone could imagine. Elmas su...
79.9K 5.7K 17
To read the completed book: Go to Okadabooks. https://okadabooks.com/user/FareedaHaruna "There's no point crying over spilled milk" a popular adage w...
87.1K 3.8K 51
Being the sultan's daughter made everything easy to Nafize. But when she came of age marriage was a must and her parents chose the most unexpected pe...