๊’ฐ night changes ; & ; k. akab...

By bamcherri

ใ€Œ โœฆ karma x Y/N โœฆ ใ€ ๐–ฆน fluff only (โœฟโ— แด—โ— ) childhood friends to lovers ... More

01. prologue
02. new beginnings
03. aka-chan
04. have you heard?

05. second place

160 7 1
By bamcherri

at school...

- (y/n) pov -

At Kunugigaoka Junior High, academics are our top priority. Through the demanding efforts of the school, all students are ranked based on their test scores and grades. Class A, in any grade, is the top most precious class, varying with multiple different geniuses who have their specialties in certain subjects. However, in our school, we have a Class E, also known as End Class, where all the students are concluded 'doomed' for success.

Our school treats the End Class as pests, waiting for them to surrender from the despair of our principals' work ethics, Mr. Asano. Class E students were deemed to fail from the start, as no support was given for those who wanted to try and leave the class.

But, it all changed once a strange life form, similar to an octopus, came to Kunugigaoka Junior High as Class 3-E's homeroom teacher. Where his main goal was to teach the students of End Class and prepare us for our futures.

Midterms, a determining factor with our reputations as students and a school as a whole, is coming up very shortly. The resources I was able to access from the main campus was to my surprise, not offered or even mentioned by any of the teachers.

Our only resource was our homeroom teacher and a few textbooks. Realizing how much the main campus and our small building were different, it was insane on how this school discriminated against students struggling in subjects. Rather than helping students learn, they left these 'failed' students to fall to the ends of their school careers. Its not fair. This is so wrong.

Regardless of the absence of the multiple resources the main campus offers to their students, Korosensei did his very best to help each individual students... By multiplying...

During class he split into 6 doubles for Japanese, 8 for Math, 3 for Social Studies, 4 for Science, 4 for English, and... 1 for Naruto?

Seeing him work that hard to help us achieve good midterm scores made us all feel worried for his wellbeing, but extremely lucky to have a teacher who truly cares for us.

"HUH!?" Everyone in the class gasped in shock seeing a little dent in Korosensei's body, but it was just Karma... doing Karma things.

"Karma! No sneak attacks during study hall! This is very difficult so try not to disrupt me!"

Karma stuck out his tongue at Korosensei then turned to me laughing, I sighed because I know he did that to just be all sly. He's a genius already, so he doesn't pay much attention to all of this stuff.

On the other hand for me, I understand all this material already, I studied months prior to the things we're learning currently. Looking at the stuff Korosensei is having us review, a lot of it I know is not going to be on the test, are they trying to rig the system...?

"Um... Korosensei..? Aren't you getting tired from doing all of this?" Nagisa-kun asked reluctantly, he knew this would wear out Korosensei but it really was helping everybody.

"No worries about that Nagisa! I have another double outside on Rest Mode!"

"HOW DOES THAT HELP?"

Hehe! Whatever shenanigans Korosensei does, he always makes sure to boost our abilities and strengths in learning. We're all thankful to his teaching!

...

later that day...

- (y/n) pov -

After a long day of studying, I decided to hang out with Nakamura-chan and Kurahashi-chan after school at a local cafe. Before leaving, I had to help Kayano-chan and Nagisa-kun with some cleaning duties. Once I finished helping them, leaving the building I saw Mr. Asano. Huh? Why did he come here? Shit. He saw me.

Mr. Asano looked at me and smiled, such a fake smile, "Why hello (F/N), long time no see! I hope you're becoming more adjusted with your new life here in Class 3-E. I see you've become more happier here, but make sure to do well in your studies now." Tch.

He used to always call me into his office to praise me for my grades, even sometimes we had dinner together with Gakushuu-kun where I could tell he looked upset beneath his insincere smile, "You've done well." or "Keep it up." I never felt any sort of respect coming out of those words, it was just he had to because I was the top student.

"Yes, hello Mr. Asano." I bowed to him to show some respect, "Class 3-E has been something, I will make sure to do the best on my studies."

His evil grin crept onto his face once again, the same ol' one he used to 'congratulate' me for all my efforts, "Great, I will be going now. I hope to see your face on the main campus soon. Gakushuu has been wanting to see you for a while now, come visit us sometime."

What a weirdo...

"(L/N)-chan! We're over here!" I heard Kurahashi-chan call out my name from the furthest tree, but...why was Karma there? "Come on! Let's start heading to the cafe!"

"Sorry guys!" Running up to the two girls, I saw Karma leaning against the tree and winking at me. Sigh. "Karma, why did you wait for me? I'm hanging out with Nakamura-chan and Kurahashi-chan today, you can go home already! Plus I told you too earlier."

"I'm going with you, can't leave you alone right? That Asano guy could come and get you when you walk home."

Making an attempt to make him go home, I try pushing him off the tree but he was too heavy..! "Karma! I told you to knock it off with that nonsenseeeee.... Why would Gakushuu-kun be there? You know he hates me."

Karma just giggles, mocking me he pats my head while I still try to push him off the tree. "Is it fine if I go with you guys? Look how rowdy Hime-chan is, can't leave her alone."

Nakamura-chan and Kurahashi-chan laugh, whispering to each other, "Yeah, that's fine~! Can't leave her alone riiight?"

Waaaah..... don't enable his behavior! (ㅠ﹏ㅠ)

...

at the cafe...

- (y/n) pov -

Once we arrived at the cafe, the whole cafe was super busy! I decided to order some tea and strawberry cake, the two girls wanted a sandwich and lemon cake, while Karma ordered a (C/F) cake... saying it reminded him of me. (-﹏ -)

I asked Karma to at least wait in the line and gave him the money for the food, while the girls and I found a table for us.

"Wow~! This place is so cute..~ Thank you for bringing us here, the food looks so good too!" Kurahashi-chan squealed in excitement while looking around at the cute decorations.

"Yeah, totally cute! I love all the Sanrio decorations here, totally fits you (L/N)-chan!" Nakamura-chan laid her head down on her arms and smiled brightly at me while the other took pictures on her flip phone.

I was glad that the two girls liked the cafe so far, I've been wanting to make more friends in E Class and these two talked to me during our PE class and always complimented my efforts. Which wasn't really much...

"Hehe, I'm happy to hear that. Also, you guys can call me by my first name, (Y/N)! I hope we can be friends..." I shyly look at both of them, always having trouble with befriending people I thought they would just laugh or ignore what I said. But.. it was quite the opposite.

"Pssht! Here I thought we were already friends! Call me Rio, you don't need to need to use any formalities either~!" Rio laughs but in a way she isn't mocking me. (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶)

"Yeah! Call me Hinano! You're so cute when you're shy (Y/N)..!" I felt a little embarrassed, not expecting to befriend Rio and Hinano so easily.

"She is cute when she's shy, always as well."

Karma holds a tray of all our sweets and drinks at the front of our table, "Can't deny that~"

"Ah! Karma! Hey thanks for getting the food for us!" Rio takes the tray from him and places it on the table, "C'mon sit down! We got you the seat next to (Y/N)!"

"Heh, thanks Nakamura. These are your guys' food, and here's my Hime-chan's food..~" Karma opens up my cake and tries to feed me my strawberry cake, "Say 'Ah~'!"

"Ah.." Biting the cake and eating the piece, I nod in delight to assure him it was delicious! ..........ദ്ദി ˉ͈̀꒳ˉ͈́ )✧ The two girls though looked like they were about to choke on their cakes... Oh. OH.

"KARMA... I told you not to do this stuff in front of others... I just made friends... They might think its weird..." I whispered to Karma but he just laughed. Whhyyyyy.

"You guys care if I feed her?" He asks Rio and Hinano but all they do is shake their heads and giggle. No help! "Fine by me, say 'Ah'..."

I grab my cake and the fork Karma was holding and start to eat by myself, "I'm not a baby! I can eat by myself." Jeez, I'm embarrassed. We only act like this when we're at home, but I got too used to it since he came here with me...

"Hm.." He picks up my tea and takes little sip but turns away from me for a while.

Once he turns back I take my tea from him, "KARMA! Don't drink my tea... If you wanted one you should've told me." I picked the opposite part of the teacup where he drank from and took a sip of my tea.

"I already put my lips around the whole rim of the teacup, no use in going opposite of where I drank...~ Plus, we already share drinks at home and food." Gah. I can NOT believe he's being this embarrassing, why is he being more strange today?

"Hehehe, you guys act like a newly wed couple~ Like, the whole class is surprised you guys aren't dating." Rio laughs at my blushed face, where Hinano adds onto her comment, "Totally! I thought so too when you first transferred! We've never seen you like this Karma."

"She's special to me. Everybody thinks we're dating but I don't really care if they do." He points to me but I swat his hand away, "Her on the other hand, cares a whole lot. Makes me a little sad" Karma pretends to sulk and lays his head on my shoulder, I just let him do what he wants now.

"If I can ask, why do you mind so much (Y/N)?" Rio asks me while chewing on her sandwich, Hinano looks at me in hopes I would explain why. I thought it was fine, its better if I explained it.

"Well, in first year and last year a lot of people started making rumors about Karma and I, which was completely harmless at first. But, people started invading our personal businesses and just limiting me to being 'Karma's girlfriend' but I really wasn't. After a while, I started spending more time with the student president... Gakushuu-kun, where people started thinking him and I were dating... Completely wrong, cause um..." I didn't know how to say the next part.

"Asano likes her." Karma interrupts me and the two girls looked shocked, dropping their forks and knives onto the table. Even they couldn't believe it would lead to that, a lot of people thought he hated me for taking his spot... but quite the opposite.

"Ahem... He confessed to me during the middle of last year, where I rejected him because I was too focused on my studies. I didn't know if it was genuine until a few weeks later when Karma and I were walking home, a group of bandits snuck up on us and attacked Karma. I was able to hide behind a garbage bin, while Karma fought off those guys. That's how he got transferred to E Class... I've just been scared somebody is gonna try to hurt Karma or me again..." After telling them the whole situation, it felt like a huge burden was taken off my shoulders. 

"Wow... I'm sorry that happened to you guys... I can't believe it... Asano must've sent those bandits to take out Karma." Rio looked visibly upset, shocked from the insane conduct Gakushuu-kun did in order to catch my attention.

"Yeah... I'm sorry everything that happened... I'm glad Karma was there to protect you, hehe!~"

Karma pats my head, "That's why she's my princess, right Hime-chan? I always save her when she needs help. My duty as her knight."

Even after my explanation of why I'm worried about people think we date, he still finds a way to act all coy with me. Sigh. "Hmph. I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick. I'll be right back!"

- karma pov -

When (Y/N) left to use the restroom, Nakamura and Kurahashi were in disbelief from the well-respected student council president. Nobody would ever expect him to steep that low as a person and do that, he never confirmed he sent those guys but he liked her, knew I was close to her, and those bandits were some of his transfer student friends. How else could we not think it was him who sent them? They targeted me and not (Y/N), it had to be him.

"Do you like her Karma?" Kurahashi asked me in curiosity, I mean, who wouldn't? What person would do this for someone they don't like?

Answering simply I said, "...I love her." I wasn't afraid to admit it anymore, she was the other half that completed my lonesome half, "I know I'm way different with her than with the people in her class, all cause she's special to me. The first person who never gave up on me."

The two girls squeal in excitement, so weird... and I was a little shy because I just expressed my hidden feelings for (Y/N) so suddenly. "That's so cute...~! You really do care about her... You're not just a little devil after all, a soft spot for the girl you care about the most! So cute!"

"Hahaha! Tryin' to act like a little bad boy who's nonchalant but truly prince charming for a girl he's soft for." Nakamura kept laughing at me while hitting the table. So annoying.

"Shut your mouth. I haven't told her anything, but she let's me be clingy with her so it works out for now."

"You're gonna hurt yourself if she doesn't like you Karma, do you think she does?"

"I'm conflicted on how she feels about me, I know she thinks I'm attractive and knows how much I care about her, but I don't know anymore...... I've never asked. We've been together forever, y'know?"

"You should tell her how you feel! Secure your spot Karma!" Kurahashi determinedly shouted, "Oh oops..."

Thinking about it, we've always just been like this. I developed feelings, but did she develop any for me? Thinking about it just hurts my head.

The bathroom door opens, (Y/N) walks back to our table and uses some hand sanitizer once she sat down, "Sorry I took so long, even the line in the bathroom was so long!"

"Welcome back Hime-chan."

...

Once we finished our food, or more specifically once (Y/N) finished her food, being a slow eater, we got up to leave and separate ways from Nakamura and Kurahashi.

When we were about to walk home, we bumped into someone.

Asano Gakushuu.

"Oh, (Y/N) it's you! It's nice to... Akabane. Fancy seeing you here."

"Its nice to see you too Asano. It's been a while, hasn't it?" This lunatic. Why did we have to run into him...

"...Ah. Gakushuu-kun," (Y/N) bows down to him, still avoiding his face, "Long time no see... We're going somewhere else, so I'll see you another time..."

"Hime-chan."

...

What... did he say.

"...Please don't call me that, Karma let's go," She grabs my hand and starts walking faster, "Don't do anything, I know you're mad but don't attempt anything."

"(Y/N), you I told you already that you don't need to use formalities anymore." He walks a little more towards us, "I hope to see you beat me in midterms, I want to talk to you then, alone."

"She won't be doing that."

"How come? You don't own her, she can make her own decisions. What do you say, Hime-chan?"

"Oh my, how pathetic and bored are you to bother us. Shouldn't you be cramming in your father's office right now and suck up to him to get a higher rank in midterms? Plus, didn't (Y/N) ask you to not call her that?"

"Tch. Mind your own business Akabane, this is between me and her."

"Her business is my business, since you decided to talk to her while I live with her and am currently with her right now."

This guy was literally saying he 'wants' to talk to her alone, not even asking if he could... I'm worried for her. So annoying.

"...I will talk with you for only a short amount. But that's it." She looked nervous, and a little scared about the situation. She's shaking. I held her hand tighter and rubbed my thumb on her palm.

"Great, I hope to see your scores as well Akabane, both of you are geniuses so it should be fun. Well, I'll see you then. Goodbye Hime-chan, and hm..." He fucking pissing me off, not only did he make (Y/N) uncomfortable but using a nickname with her as if they're close? His friends attacked me which made her paranoid of people thinking we're dating.

"Let's go home now (Y/N)," holding her hand I hide her away from Asano, "You don't need to worry now, okay?"

"Okay..."

at home...

- (y/n) pov -

Encountering Gakushuu-kun walking home didn't turn into anything more than a simple talk, but why does he want to talk to me after midterms...?

Whatever he wants to talk about, I need to focus and study. I know that even if I do well, there is no chance they'll transfer me due to the whole assassination thing... So I am gonna not sacrifice my sleep for these midterms, but I studied a lot prior to transferring.

But to be fair, I was understanding the concepts much easier with Korosensei's teaching, its not brainwashing unlike my past teachers who never cared about my wellbeing but the status quo.

Earlier when I went into Karma's room, he was studying... a lot. I never see him study a lot so it was a shock, I guess he took what Gakushuu-kun said to heart.

After 7PM, I came out of my room to eat something before I showered, Karma ran a bath for me once I finished the meal he prepared for us earlier, "The bath is ready, do you want me to wash your back?"

... "NO!!"

...

day of the midterms...

- (y/n) pov -

After weeks of reviewing, Korosensei seemed tense yesterday. We were all stressed too, Korosensei decided that all of us must reach the top 50 or else he will leave Class 3-E. None of us wanted that, so we all studied and studied as much as possible.

Everyone thought that Karma was skipping class, but knowing him he was reviewing in his secret spot. I sometimes visited him during break and found him reviewing Mathematics, it was cute seeing him so determined.

But today, today is the day of midterms, the day where we see if all that reviewing, studying, and practice was for worthwhile or for nothing.

Entering the classroom brought me to remember how I was just in here only a few months ago, but was transferred to Class 3-E for an unknown reason. The unknown reason was definitely a direct order from the principal, but its okay, I'll prove myself, I'll prove my class isn't an end but a new beginning. As we took our seats, everyone around us looked nervous. I sat next to Karma and mouthed to him, 'Good luck' where he grinned back at me.

Bring it on.

...

We finally finished.

It didn't feel different from the last time we took midterms, plus I noticed something different about the test material. I was right, they rigged the tests, I was able to understand and write every single question, but looking around after I finished everyone except for Karma looked nervous. This was so unfair.

If I at least reach the top 10's, I'll be able to prove to Mr. Asano that him transferring me into Class 3-E did not bring me down, but made me more determined.

Once the bell rang, school was dismissed, but I still had some unfinished business to deal with before I leave with Karma to go home.

I needed to talk to Gakushuu-kun.

...

after class...

- asano pov -

I waited for (Y/N) to arrive in front of the school to talk to her. I've been needing to ask her a bunch of questions ever since she was transferred.

Could've it been my father...? Possibly, he didn't want to see somebody else surpass me in my studies. But I don't mind, if it was that Akabane guy I would care. However, it was fortunately (Y/N) a girl who's charm allured me with her hardworking personality.

Until today, I am still confused why she was acting so indifferent towards me. How come she rejected me.. especially acting all cold after..

a few months ago...

Her and I were at constant battle with each other. I still remember the first midterms rankings, I went from first place to... second place. I was livid, who was this person who beat me, I am the principal's son, I have honor and expectations placed onto me.

Huh...?

The person who beat me for first place was none other than (L/N)(Y/N), she was in my class where I always noticed she never spoke to anybody, only keeping to herself by studying or reviewing any material. How did she beat me though...? I spent multiple nights pulling all nighters, sometimes I would come to school fucking tired, but this girl came to school all put together which was weird... How did she have enough time to do all that and beat me? I knew a lot of the answers already, so how did... Whatever.

Soon my father found out, he was extremely disappointed.

"Gakushuu, I gave it all to you yet you still failed me. How could you let someone else beat you, especially a girl? That girl comes from nothing, her parents passed away when she was younger but even with the help your own father gives you, you still manage to fail to meet my expectations."

"I'm sorry sir, I'll make sure to-"

"Apologizing is useless. Now now, I ask of you to call in (Y/N) so I can congratulate her for her hard work and efforts. Unlike you, she is going to help represent our school. I expected better from you."

This was so fucking annoying, I did my best and my dead beat father couldn't even acknowledge any of it. I will place first next time.

As I opened the door of my father's office, I look to my right and see her sitting down on the chairs outside his office, waiting for her turn to speak to my father, studying away in her little journal. Looking at her I was still confused, her (H/L)(H/T)(H/C) hair was fully styled and her skin was all plump and moisturized, all but her eyes today looked taken care of. She looked tired. Well, no shit. She studies a lot more than me if she beat me.

When she noticed me, she stood up immediately and bows. How proper. "Hello Asano-san, congratulations on the midterms exams. Our teacher lacked in his teaching, so I was glad we were able to make it to top 10. Congratulations again." How humble. She was so serious... like a robot. She was pretty but her personality was so dry.

"Yes, congratulations to you for achieving first place. It's very impressive. I hope to see how next midterms will turn out to be. Mr. Asano is calling you in now. I'll be going now so I will see you again in class."

She bows once again, "Thank you, I will see you then." Once she entered his office, I saw a glimpse of my father making an evil grin while waving to (Y/N), god this was horrible. The door finally closed, where I began walking back to the main hall to go to class. It still pissed me off, how humble and unaware on how hard it was. How nonchalant, it freaked me out on how serious she was. It's like she's not even human, whatever she is... I will beat her next midterms.

...

The following months passed by, I worked my ass off again and again to reach first place but...

She beat me again.

And again.

and again until the end of our second year.

It irritated me so much, how was she doing it? My father told me all the material I needed to study on every single test. so why?!

Seeing her on campus was already enough but my father started inviting her to our family dinners, treating her as his own daughter. I could tell she was putting up an act, smiling and laughing at all the pathetic jokes he made to try to win her over. It wasn't working at least.

My father started assigning her to stay by my side at all times during school, but she didn't really listen and only pretended she did. She would only hang out with me during classes and after classes when my father would patrol the school, knowing how he would be disappointed if she didn't follow his orders, she acted all friendly with me and nothing like before. It was scary.

As we spent more time together, I noticed more parts of her than just a robotic statue she would be during school. Her friendly act was really just her loosening up a little, but whenever she started studying or had anything school related she would change in a millisecond, becoming the same robot she's been. Frequently, or even all the time during breaks, she would be hanging out with that Akabane guy... She always looked so happy and was super touchy with him. I guess they're dating.

Akabane would always wait outside of the student council office for (Y/N), it was like they were one person, always together until she had to stay with me. That's when all of the dating rumors involving the three of us arose.

"Asano, are you dating that girl you're always with?"

I was quite shocked when all these petty rumors came to play but I just shrugged, "Who told you that? She's just an acquaintance my father has me hang out with. Plus I'm pretty sure she's dating that Akabane guy." Strange how I was caught up in these rumors, I understand (Y/N) and Akabane... but me?

"All the girls are talking about you two, saying that (Y/N) could be going out with either of you or that other dude."

How strange.

...

One day after class, I saw some girls talking to (Y/N), not even talking but pestering her. "(Y/N)-chan!!! Is it true you and Karma-kun are together? It's so fitting~ Both two smart people together is a match made in heaven! Or are you dating Asano-san? Kyaah..! So dreamy..~"

So it is true.

"Yeah! Are you dating any of them? A bunch of girls like Asano-san cuz' he's so charming and reliable, but not a lot of people like Karma-kun, he is just scary! Don't you think so Himari?"

"Definitely! I can't believe you're able to hang out with him especially with how rude he is to everybody, you're so nice to everyone its unbelievable~ Total opposites haha~"

"Right? He's so scary to look at~ I heard he beat some people up after school once, did that happen, did you see it-"

Damn these girls were annoying. Looking at her face, she looked like she was gonna explode.

"Hey, you two don't know Karma so I don't appreciate you talking about him like that." She stopped in her steps. "He is my childhood best friend, I don't mean to be rude but our relationship with each other and Gakushuu-kun have nothing to do with you. So please, don't go spreading rumors about anyone, it's not kind it's just rude."

Yep. She was pissed, but still tried to keep a nice smile to the girls...

But they're only childhood friends...? That's interesting...

Her personal life didn't involve me... but for some reason... I felt relieved.

...

From then on until the middle of our second year, her and I continued our family dinners together with my father but... He started having us have dinners alone, which was definitely for my father to spite me for continuously failing to get first place in midterms.

I thought it would be a pain, but it was actually... enjoyable. She started letting herself go with me and just talked to me like we weren't at each others throats during midterms seasons. We were academic rivals, but it wasn't same anymore. I felt different, but I couldn't understand my feelings, I didn't even know how to describe it.

Every Friday when we had dinner together, she looked different. I was noticing new parts about her every time: the way she spoke in a proper manner, the moles on her face and hands, and her tendency to talk with her hands. It was all hilarious. This was silly of me, being immature with stuff like this was wrong. However, I knew this wasn't simple admiration, I spent restless nights staying up thinking about her instead of studying to beat her. I didn't know what was wrong with me. What was going on in my brain...

Soon my strange admiration to her was brought to my attention it was a...

A crush.

It felt awful to think about it like that, I'm supposed to hate this girl for stealing my title and rank... but I couldn't.

Our dinner evenings became something I looked forward to every week, counting the days, to hours, to minutes until I see her again. Seeing her all dressed up in new outfits my father would provide her with did not make me angry or upset, his attempt to spite me failed.

Or did it?

...

Shit.

I got 89 marks on our last practice test.

I knew I had to do something about this. I couldn't let my feelings take over and ruin my reputation, especially let my dad see me fail once again.

I decided to confess my feelings to her.

What could go wrong?

...

It was a summer afternoon, I spent my after school hours lounging in the student council room to fix all the problems my idiotic peers would leave for me to solve.

I knew she would come visit me today, our midterms were coming up in a month, she takes studying during this time seriously.

Hoping she came was all on my mind as I told her in first period to come to the student council room since I needed to talk to her.

Suddenly, the loud creaking of the door echoed into the empty club room, where I saw (Y/N) smile at me and bow before walking over. She actually came..!

"Asano-san, I'm sorry to bother you. I would like to take a peak at your notes again if its possible."

"Yes, you may. I told you already that you don't need to call me by my last name, you can call me Gakushuu."

I was aware she had sleepless nights, as I went without proper sleep for multiple nights, she always had such nice skin, hair, and a clean look with her. I still wonder how does she find so much time to do that stuff...

"Okay, thank you Gakushuu-kun. I will stay here again if it's fine?"

I nodded at her and watched her flip her hair and begin to study my notes, then compare her notes. Her diligence with her studies was so admirable. I liked having her here and using my notes, felt like I was reliable to her.

"Oh yeah, what did you need to tell me Gakushuu-kun? Is it about the-"

Okay. Here it comes.

"(Y/N)-san, I like you."

Once the words came out of my mouth, I felt numb, not feeling any sort of sensation. Turning to face (Y/N) after what I said took a little while, finally facing her I saw her face wasn't blushed or happy... just blank.

Huh?

"Oh... Gakushuu-kun, I'm sorry but I don't feel any romantic feelings towards you. Thank you for telling me." What? "I hope this doesn't ruin anything for our study sessions, I'm able to focus here so I appreciate you for letting me stay here and especially all our time studying together." What do you mean?

My mind was going blank, why am I feeling like this? I just needed to tell her to get it off my shoulders. Why... was I feeling a sharp pain in my heart. Any feelings?

Attempting to change the subject, which I failed to do, I asked her a curious question, "Um... I was wondering... Do you like anybody else...?"

Her face was semi-covered by her hair which she was playing with, looking embarrassed she responds with hesitance, "Well... Um..."

I felt goosebumps in my skin.

"Uh.. are you dating Akabane?" Asking out of curiosity even though she already denied it with the other students, please just not him.

"I don't know what to call our relationship... but maybe? We're very close with each other..." She was playing with her hair still, and looking away but I saw her face was blushing, "I'm not sure."

My heart dropped.

No way.

I'm so fucking stupid.

...

"Well, anyway, I'm going to get going now." She bowed and started packing her things, "Thank you for telling me your feelings, I'm sorry I am unable to reciprocate your feelings. I'll see you on Friday!"

I thought ... This whole time it was a one-sided thing? No feelings towards me...

Was this my father's intentions... to set me up with her so she rejects me? So I drop even lower ranks? This is humiliating.

Total bullshit.

...

"She rejected you? You told us she might've liked you! You guys always go on those dates right...?" Some of transfer student acquaintances hung out with me in the student council room, hearing what happened with that girl... they all looked confused.

"I can't believe she rejected you! Did she tell you why?"

"I didn't get a direct answer but... She might be dating that weird guy, Akabane Karma. They're always together, I even saw her then a few weeks ago walking out the school with him after she... rejected me."

"That red head weirdo? Tch. Are you sure?"

I was so frustrated, I felt like shit... Balling my hand into a fist I strike the wall in a fit of rage leaving a large hole in the wall, "Shit, if I see that fucking Akabane, I'll kill him... Boys, do something about him."

...

What.. happened?

After a few weeks passed from my confession, she stopped talking to me all completely. Every time I tried to talk to her, Akabane would always be there to hide her away... glaring at me and preventing any chance I get to talk to her. Did he tell her what happened? How would he know it was me? In class she wouldn't even talk to me, I was just so confused.

What the hell happened...?

...

Ever since then, we haven't fully talked to each other alone. Finally, today I would be able to ask her why she has been so cold towards me and avoiding my gaze.

"Gakushuu-kun. I'm sorry for being so late."

She's here.

I smile at her, trying to hold in my excitement, "Ah, you actually came... I hope your midterms went alright, let's hope you can get out of that dump by next term."

She didn't respond, she just looked at me as if she was waiting for me to continue.

"Ahem. Well, I was wondering... why have you been so distant with me? My father has been asking me to talk to you about continuing our dinners even after your transfer... I would like that...-"

"I can't, I'm sorry Gakushuu-kun."

She didn't even allowed me to continue, finishing off what she started she said, "I know you sent those guys to attack Karma. That's why I don't want to talk to you anymore. You hurt someone dear to me."

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Did you... see it happen... (Y/N).. I can explai-" She interrupts me once more, her face no longer was a blank stare but an outraged expression.

"What else is there to explain?! You can't even deny anything! It's disgusting how you resorted to violence, especially with someone you know I care about! Yes, I did see it happen. I saw the way your 'friends' attacked my Karma." Her Karma.

Her. Karma.

I fucked up so badly.

"Rather than taking out your anger on innocent people, you should use that energy to study! I don't ever tolerate any sort of violence especially with those that are close to me! Instead of being upset over a girl not liking you back, move on and find someone else! I am not the only woman on the world, you can find other girls suited your taste."

"(Y/N), I'm sorr-"

"Say sorry to Karma! Not me! The guys only targeted him only, then when he fought back in self-defense you turn around to count it as school violence? Are you kidding me Gakushuu-kun!?"

She knew I wrote a report about Karma. She knew everything I did to separate them. I couldn't get myself out of this mess, I screwed myself over again. Over her again. Its always her. Father, if this was your plan. It worked.

"I can not believe you, I don't want to see you ever again. Never try to speak to me or Karma ever again. Focus on your own life while we mind our own business and so should you!" She went silent for a bit, I could tell she had some guilt after realizing what she said, but even I knew I was in the wrong, "Did you hear all that..?! Keep that in mind... I'm gonna go now, good luck with whatever you plan to do next. Sayonara, Gakushuu-kun."

And this was it.

Last time I ever was able to talk to her, I mean I could, but why... I already felt enough shame for planning the attack out but now being aware of her knowing everything made me feel... disgusting.

In the distance, I saw Akabane beam a tender smile towards (Y/N). Taking both her hands and hugging her tightly as if no one was watching, this was their little world.

She was right, I should've moved on and find someone else, there are so many people who have their eyes on me: I chose to follow (Y/N)'s gaze who soon turned to the sight of Akabane Karma. While all eyes fell on me, no eyes landed on the failed genius Akabane, no single eye dared to look at him with awe but only fear nor did he dare to land eyes on anybody with his evil eyes, where the broken melodies he once hid away in his gray world were now a symphony of colors, with the one and only person who was able to catch a glimpse of the lights: (Y/N).

There were so women in my world, those I've noticed and unnoticed, she was not the only woman in the world. Where in Akabane's world, the only woman in his world was her, and only ever her. I could not bring myself to take her from his happiness in his gloomy dark world, where she already was in his isolated heart, being the only ever person to not give up on him. No one has given up on me, yet now she gave up on me, where she ran back into the secluded mind of Akabane Karma, where fragments of (Y/N) will only be selfishly seen by him and him only.

Guess this was the end,

You win Akabane.

...

His world, where shadows once dominated his mind and body, a radiant light shined when (Y/N) entered his life. Like a burst of sunlight breaking through stormy clouds, her presence illuminated every corner of his existence.

Akabane had been overlooked and abandoned by those around him. But (Y/N) saw beyond the surface, recognizing the truth within him. With belief, she became his guiding light, igniting a fire within his soul.

His world changed. Colors seemed more vibrant, as if the very essence of life had been amplified. The once-muted sounds of everyday existence transformed into a symphony of tenderness. Where others had dismissed him, (Y/N) saw his potential and nurtured it, encouraging him to reach for the stars. His guiding star through the night, (L/N)(Y/N).

...

Author's Note

This is my longest chapter yet! I'm very glad this fanfic is starting to get attention, this first started off as just a night write where I just had sudden writing inspiration (haha) Originally, this was gonna just be a short few chapters but I will most likely extend it for more cute moments with Karma :). Please vote and comment! Any support is very appreciated! I will release another chapter in a week or so, I just wanted to give you readers some more information on backstory and all that stuff! Thank you for reading <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.5K 2.2K 50
ใ€Ž Get engaged to Karma Akabane ใ€ Due to financial difficulties, you had no choice but to accept your mother's proposal. Only when it was too late, ha...
45.3K 991 29
โ•ฐโ–บ ["๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž?"] "๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž" โ•”โ•*.ยท:ยท.โœง โœฆ โœง.ยท:ยท.*โ•โ•— โ‰ปโ”€โ”€๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, you're...
91.8K 2.5K 17
Omaga I love Assassination Classroom! Karma is bae~โ™กโ™ก You are a 15 year old youtuber, you love computers and your speciality is hacking. You...