Hear the Dance

By shieshiena30

What if Bada Lee has to teach a deaf girl how to dance? Bada Lee is contracted for private lessons one day an... More

Sypnosis
HTD# 1
HTD# 2
HTD# 3
HTD#4
HTD#5
HTD#6
HTD#7
HTD#8
HTD#9
HTD#10
HTD#11
HTD#13
HTD#14
HTD#15
HTD#16
HTD# 17
Once upon a time...
HTD# 18
HTD# 19
HTD# 20

HTD#12

217 17 0
By shieshiena30

The drive took roughly 20 minutes to arrive at the address that Bada said. After she has paid the cab, she guided Mauve into an apartment building. Their hand gently clasped. They then rode the elevator to the 15th floor silently.

They've been nothing but silent since earlier at the cab. Well for starters Mauve can't or won't speak rather and Bada is suffering with a banging headache that was caused by alcohol then worsened by their running.

But now that they are in the elevator and their images are reflected on the elevator door's shiny surface, Bada has recovered her sobriety and has realized what she did. Fuck.

Did she just kidnapped– no this isn't kidnapping, Mauve came with her willingly. She tried so hard to reason out silently in her head while the elevator ascends to the floor.

The elevator seems to be moving much slower than Bada remembered. Its making her impatient and restless specially with the guilt now creeping up in her chest. Right about that moment, she wished she was tipsy again so she could blame everything to the alcohol but unfortunately she's now sober.

Bada glanced to the girl beside her.

Mauve was silently looking at the red digital sign at the top of the elevator doors that told which floor they are in. She's dressed lightly in black cropped shirt and cream colored lightweight cargo pants. Aside from the pants, it was new to Bada to see Mauve in a dark color like black because she's used to the pastels, frills and uniquely textured clothes.

She looks kind of edgy with her choice of shirt and with her hair loose. The edgy vibe is broken though once Bada saw Mauve wearing inside house slippers in vibrant lavender.

Her mind made an abrupt break as she took in the realization that she's been wearing inside house slippers all this time? They ran and all, and that's the only stuff she wore at the time?

Bada's guilt doubled. She wanted to tell Mauve that she should just piggy back ride on Bada's but by then the elevator made a bell-like sound and its doors open meaning they have already reached the floor.

The hallway that leads to Bada's apartment was quiet. Only their breathing, the sound of the soles of their footwear can be heard, then the beeping sound of the digital lock of Bada's door.

"Come in."

Bada's voice was small and quiet as she invited Mauve in. The girl bowed first and then left her slippers before entering the apartment.

Bada went ahead and entered her apartment, leading Mauve into the cozy living room.

"Sit down for a bit I'll just... Uhmm... Would you like some water or juice?"

Bada stammered as she invited Mauve to sit on the couch. Maybe it was because Mauve haven't taken her eyes off her since they entered the apartment. But really, the girl is just making sure that she sees what Bada is saying. For Bada though it felt new again being under her careful gaze. It feels like the first time they met. That first session.

Bada pulled herself together and focus on Mauve's response but the girl was just looking around the living area, seemingly searching for something. Then it hit her, Mauve doesn't have her phone. The girl literally has nothing with her not even a pair of proper shoes.

Bada quickly reached for her phone in her pocket and opened it to go to the notes app. She then handed it to the waiting Mauve.

"Here you go."

Bada waited patiently for Mauve's response as the girl softly taps on the screen.

I'd like some water please.

Mauve presented the phone to Bada with a small smile.

"Alright one water coming up."

After chugging a whole glass of water, its safe to say that Mauve was parched after the whole running away thing. Mauve gently puts the glass to the coffee table then awkwardly sits back on the sofa while Bada was just looking at her following her every move.

Bada was sitting a few inches on her right side, cradling a red box on her lap. Mauve guesses it as a medical kit. It must be for her, obviously cuz they're the only people here. Bada was now staring intently on her foot, she got a bit shy and tried to hide them but then realized that they were a bit painful.

She did notice a slight sting on the sides and some parts of her foot but didn't paid no mind to them earlier. She thought she could just ask Bada where her toilet was so she could wash her foot then it'll be okay. It seems her teacher is really concerned about it though. Looking at her carefully now, she did look worried and guilty.

She kept opening her mouth to say something but then decides to stop midway and just sighs heavily making her tensed shoulders move upwards then down again.

"May I?"

Finally, Bada asks her eyes looking at Mauve while her hand hovers on her right knee. She wants to treat her foot.

Mauve unconsciously bit her lip in nervousness with how Bada is approaching her with a serious but worried expression on her face. She nods in agreement and lifts her right leg for Bada to treat.

"Can you sit this way please?"

Bada guides Mauve to sit on the sofa in the way that she's facing her. This way it'd be easier to see the state of Mauve's foot.

The girl has blisters and they look fresh, still red and raw aside from that she also had little wounds and scratches. It looks painful and it only made Bada feel more guilty. She starts treating Mauve by cleaning her foot first.

Bada then reaches for her medical kit that contained some basic things to treat wounds. Some gauze, antiseptic, cottons, band aids, ointments and creams.

While cleaning Mauves wound, Bada had hundreds of questions cross her mind again. She didn't liked how heavy they're starting to make her feel so she looks up to Mauve who was able to catch her gaze as if she was waiting for her all this time.

Bada fakes a cough. She was taken aback from how Mauve looked at her but then that didn't stopped her to ask.

"Why didn't you answer any of my calls?"

She started and Mauve immediately typed on the phone for her response.

I didn't knew you called. Grandma took my phone. She said its a distraction.

"Why would it be a distraction? And a distraction from what?"

Bada was fast to ask another pair of question and Mauve was also being fast on responding.

Its a distraction from learning Ballet. She said its one of the reason I am learning hip hop rather than my destiny.

Ballet is Mauve's destiny? Is she connecting the dots properly?

"Is it? Is ballet your destiny? Is this a choice that you make or hers?"

Mauve didn't respond to those questions. She tried to write a response but then presses delete again. None of the answers that came to her mind felt right.

Bada saw how it was somehow hard for Mauve to answer the question so she drops the cotton ball she was holding and reaches to touch the phone, covering it. Mauve looks up to her with confusion printed on her face.

"You don't have to give me an answer if you don't have it."

They stare at each other for a few seconds before Mauve hesitantly nods. Bada moves her hand back and continued with cleaning Mauve's wounds.

"I have to ask though. Why did you let her take your phone? Its your only to communicate with her atleast cuz I doubt she knows sign language. So why?"

For some reason she can't point out yet, Mauve didn't want to tell Bada about her hearing aids. It felt like she's lying to Bada big time. Yes, she also had some personal reasons why she refuses to wear her aids but Mauve don't think it'd be a sufficient reason. So she ignores the part where she was asked about communication and just focuses on why she let Helene take her phone away. Atleast to that question she'll have an honest answer.

I thought if I'm good and follows all her request she'd let me see you again and compete on the competition.

"Is it possible she would?"

Well with what we just did. I don't think so anymore.

Mauve blatantly answers and sighs. Helene will probably lock her up away from the world once she comes home tomorrow.

"Then don't go home. Stay with me. I have big bed in my room and my sofa can be converted into a bed. You can sleep here in my house anywhere you'd like, but since your guest you should sleep in the room. Don't worry about clothes I have a lot of clothes in my closet I can let you borrow that and I think I have a stash of unopened underwear somewhere in my closet I'll look for them..."

Bada was talking a bit fast but Mauve got the gist of all her blabbering. Bada wants her to stay here, in her home.

Lord, how many girls are there who gets offers from their crush to runaway and stay in there house and promises to take care of them? This is like a marriage proposal from a dream and good God Mauve doesn't want to wake up from it.

"Earth to Mauve?"

The girl was totally zoning out earlier. She thought Mauve must be worried. Oh but little did she know, Mauve was already thanking all the Gods there is.

"So? Will you stay with me? We will also be able to practice for the competition together this way. You can just go back after the competition. You don't have to worry about anything."

Mauve was already nodding in mid sentence. All she ever wanted is to practice for the competition too and she's really serious about competing. Living with Bada for a few days is just a plus to the reasons she's agreeing.

"Cool. I'll set up the room once I finish with your wounds."

Bada did arranged the room for Mauve to sleep in but her modest guest insisted on staying on the sofa instead. The bed is a double sized bed, Bada used white sheets for it which made two Doraemon throw pillows very noticeable.

In Mauve's defense, she's already living here for free and Bada is providing her clothes even food, she can't possibly take the bed from her as well. This is just too much. Plus, Bada needs the bed more for proper sleep because she has classes to teach. Good rest is what Bada needs and she have it if she sleeps is her bed.

"Seriously Mauve just take the bed."

Mauve shakes her head in disagreement and pushes Bada inside the room. She plans to push Bada in there and close the room from the outside. Her persistent teacher is trying to fight her for it though.

Seriously, if this goes on none of them will be getting any sleep tonight.

So Bada plays along with Mauve after the girl declined her offer again. If she won't sleep in the bed because she's shy. Then that leaves her with the option of them just sleeping in the same bed together.

She can't have this girl sleeping in the living area, not after offering for her to runaway from her house.

Mauve was thankful when Bada stopped fighting off her effort to push her. When Bada has stepped inside the room, Mauve was ready to close the door to lock her teacher inside but unexpectedly, Bada pulls her to a one-handed embrace, closes the door and leads Mauve to the bed before pushing her to sit on it. All of that seemed to happen in a blink of an eye that Mauve wasn't able to do anything.

"We'll just sleep in the same bed then."

Bada bluntly says and moves to lay down on her bed. She taps on the space beside her that was near the wall.

"Come on now."

Mauve looked so hesitant and was probably planning an escape so before she could do anything Bada wraps her pajama clad legs around Mauve's waist and her hands slipped on her armpit to get a hold of her before flipping the girl to the space beside Bada.

Mauve didn't got hurt or anything but just purely shocked.

Bada giggled at the sight of her stunned face. Eyes wide and jaw slightly open, adorable. Apparently her giggles were contagious and influenced Mauve.

Their giggles slowly faded into sighs of content with the warmth from each other radiating in between and the feeling softness of the sheets and mattress.

"Good night Mauve."

Bada says as her eyes starts to struggle to stay open. It generated a fluttering smile from Mauve. Their cozy atmosphere made it easy for both of them to feel sleepy.

In reply, Mauve signs good night to an already half-asleep Bada.

It was already midday when Bada woke up. Mauve wasn't in the bed anymore which made her jolt up to consciousness. Although it was the first time that anyone has ever slept with her in bed, her body immediately woke her up to signal her that her guest is not where she was supposed to be.

Bada gets off of the bed and gets a whiff of the familiar scent of kimchi being fried. She gets out of her room and walks straight to the kitchen to see Mauve cooking. Her back was facing Bada.

She seem to find her way through Bada's pantry and fridge and is now obviously making some breakfast.

She didn't want to shock the girl so she approaches her slowly and knocks on the counter.

"Good morning there chef."

She greets Mauve who looked up to meet her tall gaze. The girl automatically gave her a lovely eye smile as a way to say good morning. Her eyes turned into crescents and her smile lines deepened proudly. It was adorable.

Mauve made a quick and simple breakfast of kimchi fried rice with other bancha that Bada had in her fridge that her mom gave her last week.

Luckily, Bada has no classes scheduled for today so she's technically free. With Mauve here, what better thing to do for today than to practice their entry for the competition. She knows a studio near her neighborhood, its a walking distance, they can practice there.

"Mauve are you ready?"

Bada asks as she enters her room, she left Mauve there for a while to change. She opened the girl who was indeed already dressed and ready to leave but was just checking herself up in the full body mirror in Bada's room.

Mauve looked very different while wearing Bada's clothes. From her pastel girly vibe, she looks boyish wearing a red basic fitted tee that was too small for Bada but fits snuggly to Mauve's figure paired with one of the new pair of cargo pants Bada bought for herself. It was too long for Mauve but the girl cuffed the hem so she don't trip from it. She can't help but mentally compliment the girl for looking good in any types of clothes or aesthetic.

She didn't realized how 1 minute has passed already while she was staring at Mauve. The kid got worried and waved her hand in front of her teacher and fortunately Bada came back to her senses in a second.

"Let's go?"

Bada asked after she had shook away her thoughts. Mauve nodded to agree and after making sure the house was safe and secure they left for the studio.

Their 10 minute walk in the peaceful streets of Bada's neighborhood was spent with them doing small talks about things they saw while walking. Like how a restaurants name was weird and funny, how cute the succulents sitting by the window has a pretty shade of maroon on the ends and when they saw an adorable husky they asked the owner for permission to pet him.

Then finally they arrived at a quaint 4 storey building. This is where the dance studio is. Bada lead the way up the stairs and Mauve followed.

Mauve was excited to be practicing with Bada again. Two days without practicing felt like a month for her and it was gruelling. She was just drowning in the anxiety of the competition date coming up but they still hasn't polished their piece.

Once they reached the reception of the studio, Bada did some talking sith the staff before they were immediately given access to one of the 6 dance rooms.

Once inside Bada went to set up the sound system with the staff while Mauve decided to start warming up.

"Yes, thank you very much!"

Bada bid good bye to the staff as they exited after finishing the set up of sound system. From where she was standing, she saw Mauve doing some stretches. The glint in her eyes showed how eager and excited she is. It made Bada break into chuckle. Because she too, feels the same way.

Mauve seemed to have notice her actions through the mirror so the girl looks back to her. She made an okay sign while her facial expression relayed a questioning look.

Bada nodded to tell Mauve she's okay. She finished preparing the song on her phone. And once it started playing she walked towards Mauve with a grin.

"Are you ready?"

On the other side of the city at the Jung Residence.

Helene has been making calls since last night and now for the whole morning. Mauve was not in her room or in any part of the house. They checked everywhere and not even a strand of her hair could be found.

She surrendered her phone to Helene so contacting her is out of the options of the way to look for her.

Mr. Jung has also been restless the whole night. He already called his parents that lived in their hometown of Daegu to ask if Mauve has arrived in their home this morning. They said the girl wasn't there.

Where in the world Mauve is? No one knows. She has no known social circle to Mr. Jung aside from the daycare and he also called there but no one has seen Mauve. They already called all the places where Mauve might have chosen to stay and everyone they know.

Wait. Did they really called everyone already? Mr. Jung thought hard again while he sat on his swivel chair inside his home office. Then it hit him.

Only one person can be Mauve's safe place right now. But is it even possible that they met? She didn't had a way to contact her, but he does.

Mr. Jung picked up his phone and scrolled through his contact and once he found the number he was looking for he hit call.

"Good morning this is Just Jerk Academy, how can I help you?"

"Hello I need to speak to one of your instructors there, Howl or Bada?"

"Finally."

Bada grunted while she catches breath. She didn't realized how 2 days of no practicing almost brought them back to zero. Their coordination and timing missed. Mauve had to listen multiple times again to the music to make sure she was on beat without relying too much with looking at Bada every 5 seconds.

When they started to get the hang of their choreography again. The two was fueled with too much passions and excitement that they practiced with no rests in between aside from when they have to stop to polish the execution of some steps so it looks much cleaner.

"Let's do it from the top again. Something feels odd with the movement on the second part."

Bada would say such things or even suggest to add more or take something out of the choreography. Mauve would only do an okay sign or would also try to explaining why the choreography would work and doesn't need any changes. The two of them are already breathless in the middle of practicing but they were enjoying this practice.

They gave each other ideas and would agree or disagree. Being creative has never been so refreshing.

After what has been possibly the 15th 'last one' turn of practice Bada and Mauve almost simultaneously collapsed on the floor to catch their breaths. They were laying side by side, parallel to each other just a few feet away.

As their chest raised up and down both of them decided to check on one another. Mauve turned her head to her right and Bada to her left. The two broke into an out of breath chuckle as their eyes met. There wasn't something funny obviously but it was amusing how they are both looking out for each other.

In the end, the two rested their heads turned to the side to see one another.

Despite the coldness of the wooden floor on their back, the air between them was rather comforting and for Mauve she felt safe under Bada's guidance and her gaze.

If it hasn't been obvious all this time the girl has developed quite a crush on her teacher for a long time now even way before they met. But now, Mauve feels like its moving to a whole new level.

The warm feeling made its way from heart to her abdomen making her feel the soft fluttery feeling that then travelled through her body and made her unconsciously blush. There was a reckless urge in her chest to say the words that expresses her feelings. I like you.

She can't. She can't ruin this moment. Not with her stupidity. So she moulded her lips to the words, Thank you to Bada. More reasonable, much safer option.

It made Bada smile. She sighs and clutches her Doraemon pillow to her chest before telling Mauve,

"You're very most welcome Mauve."

Bada sighed and so did Mauve.

"Let's do it again?"

Mauve chuckled and acted like she was already dying on the floor. Eyes going back and mouth open like a dead person. Bada laughed at her silly portrayal. At the end though Mauve agrees for another round of practice.

🌊🌊🌊

Chapter 12. Done! Once again thank you very much for waiting everyone!
Sorry it took a long time again. Had some matter of the heart situation that I had to handle. Having a lover is really not for the faint of the heart. That's why let's just focus on our goals!! Well.. that's enough ranting hahaha

I'll see you in the next one!

- Shiena🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 645 43
Just a typical love story that started on Instagram. Bebe's Lusher and Female reader. A story that started where a famous dancer and model met a cute...
106K 2.9K 34
a series of bada Lee imagines and short stories by yours truly! requests welcome! ( please send some 😭🙏 )
39.9K 1.1K 33
in which sabrena and bada meet and decide to engage in a secret relationship.. that is until one of them is tired of hiding their love and wants the...
24.2K 690 24
°•° in where a group of great dancers and choreographers come to the tv show Street Woman Fighter 2, the group Angel's surprised the entire cast with...