Twist of fate

By crysta09

"I love you, Swara," Laksh declared, Swara, torn between emotions, resisted his advances. Ragini stood in the... More

Prologue
Part 1 - At the cliff top
Part 2 - Hope
Part 3
Part 4 - Drama
Part 5 - Accident
Part 6 - In the Darkness
Part 8 - Before the Storm
Part 9 - Fight Back
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12 - Hurt
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26

Part 7

308 34 23
By crysta09

Stepping out, an awkward silence enveloped them, each unsure of how to navigate the residual tension lingering in the air.

Observing the palpable discomfort, Rudra hugged Ragini and then inquired "Everything okay, guys?" casting a concerned glance at Sanskar and Ragini.

Rudra, having noted their unease, offered to drop Ragini home. However, mid-offer, he was interrupted by an incoming call, a work-related urgency that demanded his immediate attention. Sensing that Ragini might be left to navigate the situation alone, Sanskar extended a seemingly casual invitation to drop her home.

In the car, the awkwardness persisted, the silence occasionally interrupted by the hum of the engine.

Breaking the ice, Sanskar mustered gratitude for elevator incident."thank you ragini"

Her response, a simple "It's okay," carried an underlying concern as she probed about his well-being.

With genuine care, she suggested "maybe you should try seeking professional help for panic attacks, they can get severe"

Sanskar's grip on the steering wheel tightened, a series of fragmented scenes played out before him caught in the current of his own thoughts,he remained tight-lipped, contributing to the tension in the vehicle.

The car rumbled to a halt outside Badi, breaking the heavy silence that hung in the air.

Sanskar, wearing a look of mild surprise, asked, "You live here?" Ragini nodded, and he launched into a tale from the past.

He vividly recalled the day when his cab had a little accident, and they ended up dropping the injured guy right here at Badi after some hospital pitstop.

Suddenly, Sanskar's frustration bubbled up. "People in this neighborhood are something else. The other day, after dropping the guy, I stood there. A girl up there," he pointed towards a particular direction, "was watering her plants, raining down water on someone below."

"People can be so clueless,and stupid at times" he sighed.

Ragini, without knowing it was her he was talking about, felt a surge of anger, thinking it was directed at her.

Sanskar, perplexed by her reaction, said, "Why are you looking at me like I called you stupid?"

Clearly annoyed, she stomped on his foot and walked away. "What the hell?" Sanskar muttered, utterly bewildered.

But then, she paused, turned, and fired back, "I'm not stupid. It was you in the wrong place," and off she went.

Left there scratching his head, Sanskar muttered, "What a weird creature."

A small smile played on his lips as he walked away, thoroughly entertained by the unfolding drama.

—-----------------------

As Ragini pushed open the door, the air grew thick with the tension that hung between Sharmistha and Swara. Sharmistha was earnestly trying to persuade Swara to accept Laksh's proposal, emphasizing the importance of marriage and creating a harmonious household. Swara, in her firm resolve, expressed her lack of reciprocation. The lecture ceased abruptly as both of them caught sight of Ragini entering.

"Woh, Ragini..." Sharmistha began, but Ragini, without waiting for her to continue, simply walked away. Swara, sensing the need to evade the brewing storm, followed her exit.

—---------------------

Days turned into weeks, and Sanskar and Ragini found a comfortable camaraderie, evolving into good friends. Sanskar, in his casual yet frequent visits, often dropped by the Maheshwari house to check in on Sujatha. Despite his growing closeness with her, the dynamics between him and the other family members remained unchanged.

In an unexpected turn of events, DP and the Maheshwari family decided to visit the Gadodia house. The purpose of their visit was to extend apologies to Dadi and the others for the tumultuous events of the past few days.

They clarified their stance on Laksh and Swara's relationship, emphasizing that although they may not agree with it, the ultimate decision had to be made thoughtfully considering their children's happiness.

As these discussions unfolded, the sounds of bickering reached them from the gate

As Sanskar dropped Ragini off at the Badi after their shopping spree, he couldn't resist teasing her about their meal.

"Ragini, your taste in restaurants is as adventurous as my grandma's secret spice cabinet. I mean, really, that place was a disaster"

"No, Sanskar, you're wrong. The ambiance was nice, and the food was delicious"

"Delicious? Oh please! I've tasted better hospital food. Are you sure you weren't chewing on the menu card instead?"

Ragini being irritated retorted "Well, Mr. Sanskar Kamra, maybe your taste buds need a vacation. They clearly missed the flavours. I should introduce them to some good cuisine"

"Oh, the horror! My taste buds are deeply offended. Maybe you need a crash course in the culinary arts."

At this point, the whole family, who had been silently observing and couldn't contain their surprise.

The Maheshwaris, especially, were surprised to see Sanskar in such a casual setting.

"Ragini!" Dadi called out, breaking the heated exchange. The sudden attention from everyone left both Sanskar and Ragini startled.

"Sanskar bhai," Laksh whispered, and Ragini, sensing Sanskar's discomfort, was equally taken aback.

"I'll take my leave," Sanskar said, gracefully excusing himself. He left the shopping bags with Ragini and walked away, leaving the room enveloped in a perplexed silence.

The subtle tension between Sanskar and the Maheswari family left Ragini intrigued. She could sense an unspoken unease, like a mysterious fog lingering in the air. However, the nature of this discord remained elusive to her.

As Sanskar departed, dropping Ragini at the Badi, the atmosphere was thick with curiosity and questioning glances from the Maheswari and Gadodia families.

Dadi, being the assertive one, couldn't resist asking, "Who is he, Ragini?"

To which Ragini, with a sly smile, casually replied, "He's Rudra's friend."

Sanskar, standing at a distance, observed the reactions unfolding. Some were visibly shocked, some surprised, and a few seemed to question Ragini's integrity. After a few seconds he walked away.

Despite the disapproving looks, Ragini, unbothered, walked towards her room, irritatingly brushing off the unsolicited scrutiny.

—-------------------------

Later that night, Sujatha, having learned from Adarsh about Sanskar's visit to the Badi, approached him with a mix of curiosity and concern. She queried Sanskar about how he knew Ragini. Sanskar, attempting to keep it simple, mentioned that he knew her through his business partner, Rudra.

Sujatha, wanting to clarify, explained the situation with Ragini, leaving Sanskar blank and unsure of how to react. The tangled web of relationships and perceptions started to weave itself into a complex narrative, leaving everyone involved with a sense of uncertainty and intrigue.

As the days unfolded, Sanskar found himself reluctantly returning to Mumbai the following week.

There was unexpected news and he had to be there to handle it.

He informed Aadarsh and asked him to beware and increase the security if needed. The situation was not optimistics with the bail of Anirban Roy.

Sujatha wore a despondent expression, but Sanskar assured her of his swift return. Little did he know that his departure would cast an unexpected void in Ragini's routine.

Ragini resumed her college life, finding solace in the routine and working on the project with Rudra during breaks. The tranquil surface of her existence, however, was disturbed by the lingering stares and glares, some laden with pity, others veiled with mockery, echoing the gossip about her broken engagement.

The wounds inflicted by the past seemed to fester, for people are not always willing to let the healing process unfold, especially when it comes to someone else's misfortunes.

Trying to find her strength in between, strangely Ragini started missing Sanskar's presence, their casual conversations, and the inexplicable comfort that seemed to accompany him.

In the midst of her routine Ragini found herself participating in a collaborative event that brought students from various departments together. Little did she know that this would be the genesis of her streak of bad luck.

News about Laksh's engagement spread like wildfire, courtesy of his friends who, instead of offering support, saw fit to ridicule her.

She walked down the corridor Laksh's friends were standing there by waiting for her

"Oh, look who's here! The girl who lost her chance with Laksh"

Ignoring ragini continued to walk but they followed her

"Are you deaf now, earlier you were low class and now deaf"

Having enough Ragini defiantly "Excuse me?"

"Laksh is no more engaged to you now, you missed the train, sweetheart"

Ragini sarcastically said "Wow, what a loss for me." pushing them she rushed out

Every student present silently saw the interaction

Laksh's Friend mockingly "Lucky escape for Laksh, though. He found someone way better"

But if only that was going to be the only instance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 1.2K 13
I loved him, I love him n I will always love him bcz he is my first crush n my last love.. said ragini. love you swato..said sanskaar. love you to...
223K 10.7K 30
Guy: Right from this moment, I promise to hate you till my life. Girl: Don't worry, I also don't have any feeling for you. So, don't have any misconc...
1.5M 58.6K 75
Previous Title : Tum Jo Nahi Toh Kuch Bhi Nahi He was sitting emotionlessly. He looked toward her in anger. She also looked at him but she was confus...
28.5K 1.4K 40
A STORY ABOUT THE TRUTH THAT CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING A MYSTERY PLUS ROMANTIC FANFICTION TRAILER😉😉😉: a girl is looking at a picture with hurt and ang...