That Perfect Smile of Him

By ishqhuahaii

A chaotic husband,Arjun and a determined wife,Siya More

Arjun-Siya
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

20

455 25 4
By ishqhuahaii

There's been this writer RomanticCrap . Her writing skills had just amazed me a year back. She left without even announcing a year back. My thoughts have been turning miserable day and day thinking about what would have happen next. Is someone here, who had read her story? Just to know.

                          |ARJUN|

"Arjun." Siya's too much soft spoken words fell into my ear.
I looked up at Siya sitting on the one seater beside my laid figure on the the couch.
Scam in the voice , Arjun.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Mujhe 10 hazaar rupey de do na!"

"What? 10 thousand?"
She blinked her eyes.

"I will not ask for anything then. Just 10 thousand! I want to buy a Lehenga for Prakhar's wedding."

"Prakhar's wedding is not that big function. He is my cousin. Why do you want to buy new clothes for that?"

"Arjun, please. I don't have any clothes to wear there."

"But you bought clothes just some days back."

"Arjun, Wedding clothes. All I bought were casuals."

"We had many functions in our marriage. You can wear any one of the outfit you wore then. Even I am going to wear my Mehendi's outfit."

"But Everyone saw it now and I want to wear new there." She whined.

I resisted my shell not to break to save my fucking thousands.

"Arjun, please." Her hands came to curl around my fingers by which I held my phone.

"Siya, no." I sternly warned and Siya slumped back on her place.
She backed off quite soon.

"Arjun." I looked up as her melancholic voice hit my ears.

"Will you have your lunch?" The sadness in her voice was visible.

I shook my head as Sundays meant Late Breakfast and skipping lunch going to a feast at dinner. Siya entered inside our room closing off the door back.
Inayat had strictly prohibited any of us going in to create any voice there. She had been studying a lot lately.

Keeping it in consideration, I stopped myself from going inside behind Siya to check on her. She is upset, maybe.

🌸

I kept the Paneer inside the refrigerator after I brought it from the dairy few steps away. I looked at Siya who was washing the tomatoes in haste.

"Siya, I said I will do it."
She threw the tomato in the basket one after the other cleaning the dirt over them.

"Siya." Finally considering my plead, she stopped her work going towards the gas stove.

I hissed as the icy water poured down the tap. I would have never decided to wash it if I knew about it. Water poured down numbing my hands in the chilly winter season , while I cleaned each of the vegetable hurriedly.

I proudly went towards her smiling showing the basket , which she snatched out of my hand keeping it beside the kitchen counter.

That's so rude. I atleast deserved a smile.

I sat silently on the couch , not wanting to make myself a fool infront of her again. She always does that. Getting upset for the smallest of a thing and never appreciates someone's efforts. It's so annoying.

A ever satisfying aroma of chillies and tomatoes filled inside the house as she fried them over intense flames.
I looked on from the corner of my eyes towards her rolling the pin over th dough making a rounded chapati.

Watching her making food , always do change my thoughts on her favour. She deserves the best, The Princess Treatment.

I arranged our plates on the dining table until she came out with the food.

"Kunal." I called out.
The poor boy was sitting near the garden keeping his own chair. He isn't poor though , he disturbed Inayat.

He came inside rubbing off his elbows where most probably, mosquitoes would have biten him.
"Kunal, sit." Siya made him sit on the chairs.

"Bhabhi, we could have ordered Naan!" Inayat complaint coming out of her room.
"It's more tasty, Inayat. You don't know how the chef would have rolled on the chapatis. I could assure you about the hygiene here." Kunal said urging Inayat to sit and eat silently through his one glare.

I stood up as Inayat went inside and Kunal went out for a walk after we all ate up.
"Siya." I held her wrist when she held the held the glass.

She turned her face away from me.

"Siya, why are you not talking to me?"

"You denied me for something." Her face hid behind her locks as she looked down getting emotional.

"Isn't the matter too small for getting upset?" I reasoned out frustrated at her childish behaviour.

"I am Sorry." Her words clogged up in her throat as a sob escaped out. It's actually hard to handle a spoiled princess.

"No, don't say sorry. It's actually my fault." That I married you.

"No, it's mine. I was just stressing over something unuseful. That Girlish Hormone in me makes me behave so."

"Estrogen stimulates this too?" I looked at her horrified at not knowing something this big.

"No. It's something different. You wouldn't know." She screamed.
I nodded. Atleast I didn't missed something in that 'too much readed Sexual reproduction chapters'.

"Will you go to sleep now or we can go to the terrace?" She asked her palm pressed against my chest, looking at me questioningly.

"Good Idea. You go, I will bring you some coffee." I didn't missed the wide smile on her face while I was going towards the kitchen.

I quickly added cofee to three cups of milk. Passing one to Inayat quickly, I jumped off the stairs skipping one at once.

"Careful." She whispered holding the cup, who came out half empty after I stumbled on the last stair.

"Oh Sorry."

We stood near the railing after sipping our cofee as soft wind passed against us , comforting us to much extent.

"Don't you think you should talk?"
I looked at her confused.

"About what?"

"Come on ,Arjun. You talk so less. You give me introvert vibes."

"You think this." I looked towards her face parting the street lights away from my vision.

"Yes. We never discussed about each other. You know like... Tell me about your partner search. How many girls did you met before me?"

"None."
Her face fell listening to me. She should have felt happier knowing that I compared her with no one.

"Arjun." She whined.
"Okay, Sorry . Tell me about what type of guy did you wanted as a husband?"

"None." She glared at me.

"I said Sorry, right. Now please tell me." I looked at her curiously. It's something everyone deserves to know that what they are expected to do and what not.

I looked at her confusingly as she dreamily looked towards the sky. Her lips curled up while her cheeks turning red.

"Siya, Answer."

"Someone straight out of heaven. Like a Mafia Boss. His one glare and whole of the city at his feet. Each of his move too skeptical to turn the enemy insecure of himself. Someone whom my relatives envy while my Dad feels proud of. Men in the daylight while Beast at Nights."
She finally looked towards me.

"I am too grateful to know that I am not anyone of them." I looked at her sarcastically. Her lips pressed in a thin line and she looked down.

"Every other girl in the town would be dreaming this." She reasoned.
I turned my gaze towards the city lights again wanting to forget the great rejection I underwent just now.
I regret asking that question now.

"Arjun, I was not even serious. At the end what someone wants is Home and that's you for me." She tried to manofy me urging my lips to break through the stern face and curl upwards high.

She pinched on my arm where my sleeves ended making me hiss in pain.

"Arjun." She gave me a gloomy look while I chuckled.

"I was joking, Siya. Seriously, A Mafia Boss." I laughed out while she frowned looking down towards the roads.

"Oh, Kunal came." She said breaking the silence that enveloped our surroundings after I settled down my laughter for not urging her to push me off the railings in frustration.

"Should we stay or you want to sleep? You have to go to office tomorrow."

"Stay." I choosed.

We sat over at the chairs kept there. She lowered the distance between us to be protected from the cold harsh wind that came as the midnight neared.
I wrapped my arms around her back curlings my fingers at her shoulders.

"You know what could I imagine now?"
She looked up at me.

"Us in our future, coming to the terrace after making our younger one sleep and elder one doing homework."
She neared her face towards my neck. I kissed on hairs, the affectionate Arjun inside me wanting to keep her encased near my heart.

"Arjun, let's go down. You need to wake up early tomorrow."
I hummed, my heart not availing me to disturb the peace.
Siya shifted away from me, making me abide by her orders. We came inside our house , locking the doors.

Inayat and Kunal sitting by the dinning table playing 'Ludo' on their phone.

"Bhabhi, you too join us."
"Sure." Siya beamed sitting at another chair beside them while I settled on the couch too away from them.

"One player is left. Bhaiyya, you want to play?"

Atleast someone asked for me in need.
Forcefully smiling at them, I settled a chair near them being an unwanted guest.

After making Kunal win for the second time, finally Inayat yawned when Kunal was going to win for the third time, turning off the game.

"That's bad. You are jealous." Kunal smacked Inayat's head.

"It's you who plays this stupid game whole day. Nikamma." I heard Siya gasping.

"See your tone. Do doctors speak like that , Sister?"

"Don't call me that."

Only thing the medical aspirant hate to listen is either 'Dentist' or 'Sister'.

"Aren't you a Sister, Sister?" Kunal teased going around the table taking his blankets to sleep.

"No, call me anything but that." Inayat screamed off , her vocal cords seconds away to come out with her words.

"Chup raho warna ghar bhej dunga." Inayaat settled back while I heard Siya sigh as my stern voice came through the 'not so domestic atmosphere' maintained here.

Perks of being the elder one and owning the house!!

"You all sleep now. It's already past the midnight." Siya said passing me my blanket, spreading my mattress on the floor.

I followed Siya inside the kitchen.

"Good night, Siya." She looked up from the water jug as water poured down the purifier in it.

She smiled softly, while her cheeks shined in the dim light coming through the door.
"Good night."
Pecking her forehead, I came out.

Sleeping on the floor felt more and more cold as I got reminded about the warmth I got while sleeping on the bed, definitely with Siya.

Arjun has not been the type of a fictional men who spreads out his notes for his lover. Not like he do not want, but that's where the reality sucks for him.

So, I want to just keep writing day and day long, I get ideas and my urge just increases more.

The thing you love to do is never the thing you are expected to do , it's always the hard way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 55.7K 71
A beautiful journey of two crazy people filled with love, laughter, and a lot of cute bickering. Both of them are poles apart so dear destiny decided...
412K 13.9K 24
This is a very ordinary story of two very ordinary individuals who follow the Indian tradition of getting into an arranged marriage. Everyone has the...
156K 7.2K 46
A Cluster Of Desi Short Stories
241K 13.7K 35
-A collection of Short Stories- 99.9% desi!!!! Forbidden love - Raabta || Atharv x Divya [Completed] Military Romance - Aashiqui || Aditya x Siya ...