Heartbreaker

BlackUpendo

Whitney, a renowned model, captivated the world with her beauty, yet her heart was guarded by trust issues. E... Еще

-Introduction-
1
2
3
5
6
7

4

102 8 0
BlackUpendo

Leiomi pt 1

As I navigated through the familiar streets of our neighborhood, anticipation bubbled within me. Today wasn't just any ordinary day; it was Friday, I got to pick up Michael Jr from school and spend the weekend with him. The thought of his beaming smile and enthusiastic recounting of his day filled me with a warmth that spread from my chest to the tips of my fingers as I gripped the steering wheel.

The school came into view, its brick façade standing proudly against the backdrop of the bustling city. Nannies and chauffeurs milled about, eagerly awaiting the release of the little scholars. Finding a spot to park, I shut off the engine and took a moment to collect myself, a grin spreading across my face at the thought of seeing my son.

With a quick check in the rearview mirror to ensure I looked presentable, I stepped out of the car and made my way towards the school gates. As the bell rang and kids spilled out of the building, Michael Jr emerged, his face lit up with excitement.

"Hey, champ! How was school today?" I greeted him, a warm smile spreading across my face.

"It was awesome Dad!" Jr exclaimed, his enthusiasm infectious as he hopped into my arms.

With Jr buckled in, we set off on our father-son adventure, our destination clear: the local ice cream parlor. As we walked in, the sweet aroma of freshly churned ice cream filled the air, and Jr's eyes widened with delight at the array of flavors before him.

"Dad, can I get the chocolate with sprinkles?" he asked eagerly, already pointing at his desired treat.

"Of course, buddy," I replied, kissing the top of his head affectionately as we made our way to the counter.

Sitting on the worn wooden bench outside the ice cream parlor, Jr and I savored the creamy sweetness of our treats. The late afternoon sun cast a warm golden glow over the street, bathing everything in a soft, nostalgic light.

"Alright, buddy," I said, flashing him a playful grin. "Time for our favorite game. Guess the car!"

With eager anticipation, we turned our attention to the passing traffic, each vehicle presenting a new challenge. Mj's eyes sparkled with excitement as he eagerly called out his guesses, his small hand pointing animatedly at each car that rolled by.

I joined in, offering my own guesses and occasionally giving him a playful nudge when I thought I had spotted a particularly tricky one. Laughter filled the air as we whiled away the time, lost in the simple joy of our game and the bond that connected us.

As the sun began its descent, casting long shadows across the neighborhood, we made our way back home. The familiar path to our house was filled with the sounds of children playing and the occasional bark of a distant dog, a comforting backdrop to our quiet conversation about the day's adventures at school.

Upon reaching our doorstep, the familiar sight of home greeted us warmly. I held the door open for him, and he bounded inside with the energy only a child could possess.

"Mother! We're back!" I called out as we entered the cozy living room, where my mother sat knitting by the window. She looked up with a warm smile, welcoming us home.

After exchanging pleasantries, I set about preparing dinner while he regaled his grandmother with tales of his day. The scent of home-cooked food filled the air, mingling with the laughter and chatter that filled our home with warmth and love.

Once dinner was served and enjoyed, it was time for his bedtime routine. After a bath, followed by braiding his hair, I tucked him into bed, reading him a bedtime story and planting a gentle kiss on his forehead before he drifted off to sleep.

After putting MJ to bed, I fixed up my hair, splashed on some cologne, and gave myself a once-over in the mirror. Satisfied with my appearance, I grabbed my keys and headed out. The excitement for the party ahead filled me with energy as I drove off into the night.

Entering the vibrant party hosted by my friend Mark, I immediately sensed the energy pulsating through the room. Models, socialites, and a diverse array of guests mingled amidst the stylish decor, creating an electrifying atmosphere.

Mark greeted me with a warm smile, handing me a drink as we exchanged pleasantries.

"Hey, Michael, good to see you, man. How's it going?" Mark asked, his voice barely audible over the music.

"Hey, Mark, it's going well. Thanks for having me," I replied, raising my glass in appreciation.

"Come on, let's check out the rooftop. I got a surprise," Mark suggested, gesturing toward the staircase.

With a nod of agreement, I followed him, eager to explore what the rest of the evening had in store.

As I ascended the staircase, the ambiance shifted dramatically. Soft jazz filled the air, contrasting with the lively beats downstairs. Upstairs, groups of socialites engaged in animated conversations, their laughter mingling with the smooth melodies.

Approaching the bar, I settled onto a stool, feeling the weight of the evening lift as I immersed myself in the sophisticated setting. Without hesitation, I ordered another drink—a bourbon on the rocks—craving its familiar warmth and bite. Among the mingling crowd, my eyes were drawn to a familiar figure: Leiomi, the mother of my child, her commanding presence instantly drawing my attention. Her dark skin radiated under the rooftop lights, giving her an almost ethereal glow. Despite the passage of time, she still carried herself with the same confidence and elegance that had captivated me years ago.

She caught my stare, and soon made her way toward me with a warm smile. Our eyes met, and a grin spread across both our faces.

"Hey you," Leiomi greeted as she took a seat next to me, her presence bringing a mix of nostalgia and comfort.

As she settled beside me, our conversation flowed effortlessly, punctuated by occasional laughter and shared memories. The soft jazz provided a soothing backdrop to our exchange, adding to the ambiance of the evening.

"You're looking beautiful tonight," I remarked, unable to resist the urge to compliment her as I caught myself admiring her presence.

Leiomi graciously accepted the compliment with a smile before turning the conversation towards me. "I know. So, did you come with someone tonight?" she inquired, her tone laced with curiosity as she met my gaze.

I shook my head. "No, I came alone," I replied.

Leiomi's eyes lit up with mischief. "Well, come say hi to the girls with me," she suggested, extending an invitation that carried an undertone of adventure.

Leiomi and I approached her friends, and she announced, "Look who I found!"

"Hey, Michael! It's been too long," one of Leiomi's friends exclaims, flashing me a friendly smile.

"Yeah, good to see you," another chimes in.

Amidst the friendly banter, the inevitable question about Mj arose. Our responses synchronized as if we were still a couple, effortlessly slipping back into our familiar dynamic.

"Seriously, you two," one of Leiomi's friends teases, nudging her playfully. "It's like you're still in love or something."

Leiomi and I share a glance, our laughter mingling with the playful banter of her friends. Despite the passing years, there's still an undeniable chemistry between us, a connection that time hasn't erased.

Leiomi's eyes sparkle mischievously as she leans closer, her voice laced with playful intent. "So, Michael, have you had enough alcohol to dance with me yet?".

I meet her gaze, a grin playing at the corners of my lips. "I'd dance with you whenever you wanted, Leiomi," I reply, matching her playful tone.

As Leiomi's friends squeal and gasp at our playful banter, their excitement infectious, I share a knowing chuckle with Leiomi. With a nod and a wink, I take her hand and lead her down to the dancefloor, ready to lose ourselves in the music and the moment.
As the music enveloped us, Leiomi and I found ourselves swaying gently to the rhythm, our movements tentative at first, as if testing the waters of familiarity. She smiled up at me, her eyes reflecting the soft glow of the dance floor lights.

"This feels nice," she murmured, her lips on my ear. I nodded in agreement, feeling a sense of ease settle over me. "Yeah, it does," I replied, my gaze meeting hers.

Just as we began to settle into the rhythm of the dance, Mark stumbled over, a wide grin plastered across his face, his words slurring slightly. "Look who's back together! You like your surprise?" he exclaimed, gesturing wildly between Leiomi and me.

Leiomi shot me a quizzical glance, her brow furrowing in confusion. "Back together?" she echoed, her voice tinged with disbelief.

I shook my head vehemently, quickly stepping in to clarify. "No, Mark, we're not back together," I reassured him, "Just enjoying the dance."

Mark's expression faltered for a moment before he shrugged, seemingly unfazed by our denial. "Well, suit yourselves!" he declared cheerfully, before spotting a friend across the room and stumbling off in their direction.

As the music continued to play, Leiomi and I found ourselves drawn back into the dance, the earlier interruption momentarily forgotten. With each step, I felt a sense of familiarity wash over me, the years melting away as if no time had passed at all.

Leiomi's voice broke through my reverie, her tone soft and wistful. "I've missed this," she admitted, her eyes meeting mine with a hint of longing. Lost in the moment, we danced on, the world around us fading into the background as we focused solely on each other.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

56.1K 1K 17
There was no plausible explanation. No matter what he did, she always knew. She was always one step ahead of him, if not more. He couldn't shake the...
2.9K 99 10
Charlotte is told that Michael has to leave. His bags already packed as he confesses to her that he has to go. Charlotte is left heart broken, lost a...
No Longer Safe. {COMPLETED}√ Tessa-Bee

Короткий рассказ

7.1K 533 24
She is defiant. He is resilient. No. Longer. Safe.
102K 5.8K 60
He was her Giant. She was his Heart. He was rude and cruel. She was polite and compassionate. He was dangerous. She was harmless. He was fearless. Sh...