Adorable Treasured Fox: Divin...

By FRIES1andCHIPS0

She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family. Having just transmigrated into a young lady's... More

Chapter 526-530
Chapter 531-540
Chapter 541-550
Chapter 551-560
Chapter 561-570
Chapter 571-580
Chapter 581-590
Chapter 591-600
Chapter 601-610
Chapter 611-620
Chapter 621-630
Chapter 631-640
Chapter 641-650
Chapter 651-660
Chapter 661-670
Chapter 671-680
Chapter 681-690
Chapter 691-700
Chapter 701-710
Chapter 711-720
Chapter 721-730
Chapter 731-740
Chapter 741-750
Chapter 751-760
Chapter 761-770
Chapter 771-780
Chapter 781-790
Chapter 791-800
Chapter 801-810
Chapter 811-820
Chapter 821-830
Chapter 831-840
Chapter 841-850
Chapter 851-860
Chapter 861-870
Chapter 871-880
Chapter 881-890
Chapter 891-900
Chapter 901-910
Chapter 911-920
Chapter 921-930
Chapter 931-940
Chapter 941-950
Chapter 951-960
Chapter 961-970
Chapter 971-980
Chapter 981-990
Chapter 991-1000
Chapter 1001-1010
Chapter 1011-1020
Chapter 1021 - 1030
Chapter 1031 -1040
Chapter 1041 - 1060
Chapter 1061 - 1080
Chapter 1081 - Chapter 1100
Chapter 1101 - 1120
Chapter 1121 - 1140
Chapter 1141 - 1160
Chapter 1161 - 1180
Chapter 1181 - 1200
Chapter 1201 - Chapter 1220
Chapter 1241 - 1260
Chapter 1261 - 1280
Chapter 1281 - 1300
Chapter 1301 - 1320

Chapter 1221 - 1240

26 0 0
By FRIES1andCHIPS0

Chapter 1221 - Ning Yu's Despair (3)

"Want to flee?" Dragon Flame snorted, his figure disappearing in a flash and blocking off the scum up ahead.

Outraged, Ning Yuan lashes out: "What the hell are you trying to do? Trying to hurt that Bai Yan is that girl, it has nothing to do with me. If you want the one responsible then it's her you want, not me!"

Those words surely reached Ning Yu's ear, and sure enough, the girl's eyes were lifeless then as she stared up to the man whom she considered her closest kin.

My biological father, is actually.... making me pay for his crime?

How laughable!

So this is called affection? The love he showed me are all lies? He only cared for me is because he didn't want to break Auntie Ning's heart....

And I-I.... I hurt and disappointed the only person who truly cared for me, I hurt Auntie Ning.... I'm so foolish, I'm so foolish....

Perhaps the situation has caused the petite girl to completely give up on life. Despite the great opportunity to flee for her own life, she actually didn't move and stayed motionless on the ground.

Dragon Flame could care less about the woes of some insignificant brat of course and went for the parts that hurt in her words: "I remember this girl is your daughter is she not?" Pointing to Ning Yu who was still lying on the floor in a stupor state, "It looks like you humans are just as ruthless as ever, things never change. In order to save your own life, you will even abandon your own flesh and blood."

One of the main reasons the old goat hated humanity was because of their cruelty and lack of affection for one another so he detested the scum even more now.

Unfazed by the mockery, Ning Yuan draws a contemptuous smirk in retaliation: "You're only talking big because you and that Chu Yi Feng teamed up to fight me. Now that I'm injured and can't fight, you dare to act all arrogant? Don't think I'm some pushover!" Glaring in his eyes now, "And what if I'm ruthless? In this world, feelings are nothing but tools to me. There are only those who are useful to me and not useful. Since she's in the latter category of being useless, she can only blame herself for being born my daughter."

The way the scum said that sounded righteously smooth because the bastard never once considered his logic flawed.

"Then what about Bai Ning?" The old goat snickers and asks again, pointing out in the hypocrisy in the scum's words.

Sure enough, Ning Yuan became choked for words and didn't reply.

He may call other people tools for him to use, but regarding Bai Ning, he truly did love her, though twisted and wrong, he still does. Perhaps the lady was the only existence in this world where this scum didn't have ulterior motives in mind....

"Ning'er is not the same. She is good and beautiful. I would never hurt her. If she wasn't so distant to me back then, I wouldn't have slept with Yu'er's mother either, I only wanted to provoke jealousy in her. But that was a mistake when I ended up making that slut pregnant..." Growing increasingly more frustrated on his face, "At the beginning I wanted to abort the baby, but then Ning'er found out about the situation and advised me to keep it. Humph, I may have kept the baby alive to please my Ning'er, but that doesn't mean I will leave that slut alone. The baby only needs one mother, and it will be my one and only Ning'er."

When the petite girl on the ground finally heard

Chapter 1222 - Ning Yu's Despair (4)

Those last words echoed in Ning Yu's head, causing her brain to want to explode from pain. Suddenly, the girl lost all sanity and crouched down with her hands wrapped around her head as she cried out in agony.

Betrayal has always been the poison which hurts the most. For Ning Yu, she's suffering exactly that right now.

She had always believed her mother died while trying to give birth to herself, and that the woman was a slut who seduced her own father in order to climb up the ranks of society. Now it turns out everything was a lie? All because her old man wanted to please her Auntie Ning?

Curling up into a clump, the girl's existence seems to weaken further until its but a flicker after going through all those thoughts.

"Ho!" Dragon Flame sarcastically ticked his lips into a snarl after glancing down to the ground and saw what's happening, "It looks like you humans are more ruthless and crueler than I thought. From what I see, your feelings for that Bai Ning is just as fake as the rest. You're only conniving after her beauty and talent. If she turns ugly and talentless overnight, I bet you won't even bat an eyelash then."

Ning Yuan's body froze in that instant because the very idea never even crossed the scum's brain.

Talentless and ugly? My Ning'er? Impossible, what ludicrous nonsense!

"Quit spouting crap!" The scum grits his teeth in annoyance, "My Ning'er is so outstanding, whatever you said wont ever come to pass! Also, she will soon be mine, mine you hear!"

That's right, this guy is spouting nonsense, whatever he says is impossible. How can I not like my Ning'er when she's so amazing?

Right as he thought up to there, Ning Yuan suddenly realized something was up upon seeing the face the old goat was making. Going white in his expression, "Are you waiting for that Bai Yan to come?"

Not confirming or rebutting the idea, Dragon Flame continues to press the issue to divert his attention: "Let me guess, that Bai Ning's memory loss is also your doing, am right?"

"Hahaha!" Sure enough, Ning Yuan breaks out into a maniacal laugh upon being provoked by the subject, "So what if I'm the one who did it? I wanted her to stay by my side, but she kept insisting on leaving to be with her husband and daughter despite everything that I did!" Closing his eyes, the scum seems to be recalling back to the past that brought forth the inner rage he's been suppressing over the years, "I'll never forget the first time I saw her. She just lost her daughter and was covered in blood by the time I came across her, yet she still tried to go back to her family. I only sealed her memories for her sake, it's all for her!"

That's right, I did everything for her because I love her too much.

Perhaps the scum had said too much there, but by now Ning Yu had stopped holding her own head on the ground and gradually crawled up to meet that man whom she considered her own father. She's still showing the same stupor of earlier, but her inner workings of the brain had stopped and left her in a blank state.

Chapter 1223 - Ning Yu's Despair (5)

"Auntie Ning's amnesia, isn't it because of her being abandoned by her daughter and husband? Pa, please tell me that's not true!" Ning Yu's voice shook with fear, afraid of what the answer would be.

Cold and disheartening in his face, Ning Yuan openly snorted like a contemptuous wolf: "What are you staring at? Yes, what he said is true, so what? Whatever I do is out of love for her, I have no fault."

Boom!

Like a sunny day being blown away, Ning Yu's last ounce of faith has finally collapsed, just like a believer being told their religion was false. Tightly clamping her face in dread, tears trickled downwards like pearls.

How did this happen?

Aunt Ning wasn't abandoned by her husband and daughter, but forcibly kidnapped by Pa and made to forget her past?

What have I done? How could I have ever thought about pairing Auntie Ning with a scum like him?

"Pa, how can you... How can you treat Auntie Ning like this?" Ning Yu forces this out, her lips trembling with emotions.

She has always thought that it was herself keeping Bai Ning company over the years, that's why she felt so entitled to being the lady's daughter and inheriting that powerful demonic beast. But it turns out that's not true at all, rather it's the polar opposite. In fact, if not for the lady's kindness, she herself wouldn't even be able to enjoy the years of life so far, she would've died under the cruel hands of this scum! At the end of the day, it's not her Auntie Ning who owes her, it's she owing that woman for the kindness and life!

"I've said what I need to say, and you...." Ning Yuan suddenly turns his scowl into a mocking sneer, "Can forget about leaving."

Squinting his eyes into a narrow slit, the old goat revealed a flash of frost in his eyes: "What do you mean by that?"

"Haha, you're asking what I mean? While you're stalling for time, I was also waiting for someone else, otherwise why else would I stay to say all this to you? Let me tell you the truth, I've already promised those Keepers from the Celestial Palace that if I hand over that demonic beast under Ning'er's control then they will help me marry her!"

Clearly at this point the scum would do anything to get his hands on the lady, even if it means offering her up to the enemy!

"You're crazy!" Ning Yu's expression greatly changed, "Pa, you will kill Auntie Ning by doing that! Those people hate her to the core, there's no way they would let her go!"

Even if Bai Ning would no longer stay with her, the petite girl still holds the woman as her own family. After all, she did fill the girl's hole of lacking maternal love over the years.

"Do you think I can still smoothly get her with that Bai Yan around? Ning'er's strength is very strong, unless I get the help of those Keepers then I can forget about marrying her. I have to... I can't worry about so much anymore."

The scum also took a lot of effort when coming to this decision. To be fair though, seeking help from the Celestial Palace was only a backup plan. If Ning Yu had done what she was tasked to do and poison Bai Yan then he would've left those Keepers hanging dry, but obviously that wasn't the case so he's going to go through with this.

"Not good!" Dragon Flame seems to sensed something. Going a bit white in his complexion, he hurriedly looks up and discovered why, there's an old figure wearing a greyish robe above his head.

Chapter 1224 - Ning Yu's Despair (6)

"Where's Bai Ning?" The one speaking was an elderly old man with a very arrogant voice, but those words carried power like drumming thunder in a stormy night, leaving those with weaker bodies suffering from the shockwave.

"Keeper Ling, Bai Ning will soon be here, please wait."

"Pa!" Ning Yu cries out in a panic, "You're really going to kill Auntie at this rate!"

"You shut up!" The scum snaps, "I do not need you pointing your fingers around to dictate how I do things! You are unworthy!"

Being called unworthy despite being the man's own blood was damning for Ning Yu. Completely crumbling to the ground again, she felt powerless and alone in this world right now. She had no family left at this point, not a father, not a mother, and not a single dear friend she could turn to.....

"Is this girl your daughter?" Keeper Ling asks after casting a glance down below.

Ning Yuan nodded: "Yes, is there something you need by asking?"

"Nothing, I only want to know her relationship with Bai Ning. If...." Squinting his gaze then, a flash of coldness flickered in the Keeper's eye.

This time it did not need the scum to reply because Le Xin had recovered from the initial shockwave. Hurrying to speak: "Respected Keeper, please don't misunderstand, Yu'er and that Bai Ning is not close. Just earlier that woman had expelled Yu'er from her side so they no longer have any relationship."

For Ning Yu, she hated the fact that her relationship had crashed hard with her Auntie Ning. To be pointed out like that only infuriated the girl and didn't win any positive points.

"What are you talking about! Auntie Ning will always be my mother in my heart! Even if she drove me away, I will find a chance to return to her side and never leave her!"

"Yu'er!" Sweating buckets on the forehead, Le Xin kept giving the girl eye signals to make her stop.

Sadly, despite the goodwill, Ning Yu continued to ignore it and kept going like she's lost it: "Why do you care so much about me when you're nothing but a maid! Now that my father doesn't want me, you have no reason to please me anymore, nor will I take your affection!"

Going white in the face, Le Xin could already feel the temperature dropping around Keeper Ling's existence. Hurrying forward, the lady attempts to pull the girl up and leave before its too late.

"You go away, I don't want your fake kindness!" Using her best effort to push the lady away, Ning Yu manages to get up from the ground on her own, "If it wasn't for Pa lying to me, making me believe Auntie Ning's daughter abandoned her, I wouldn't have been driven away...."

"But it doesn't matter, Auntie Ning will forgive me soon enough. She will then accept me and I will become her daughter as well."

Seemingly realizing the truth now, Le Xin looks on at the girl in front of herself with horror.

She... She's trying to seek death?

That's right, after being driven away by Bai Ning at the inn, this petite girl who made so much mistakes in life only wanted to run back to her father for comfort, never did she intend on taking her own life. However.... well, the truth simply was too cruel for her young heart. Now the last straw keeping her soul in check has crumbled and she just want to end it, end everything and leave this unbearable world.

Chapter 1225 - Ning Yu's Despair (7)

"In this world, no one truly loves me. Aside from Auntie Ning who did, my own father is bent on only using me."

So what other reason do I have to live for when the last person who truly cares for me has left?

"I admit, part of me wanted to be Auntie Ning's daughter because of that demonic beast she held in her hands, but more of it was because I was unwilling to give her up to someone else! Why does some random stranger get to take her away from me when I've been with her for all these years?! I always thought she owed me for that, but now I finally understand, it is I who owes her for everything kind that is in my life...." Gently closing her eyes, a single drop of tear fell out of the corner to show how helplessly sad she was.

"If you want to die then I will oblige you!" A flash of killing intent filled Keeper Ling's gaze as he whisked his sleeve, shooting out a light beam towards Ning Yu's figure.

Perhaps the heart still feared death because Ning Yu continued to tremble under the bristling wind of this valley. However, she's got no room left to escape at this point.

Yet... the expected stinging pain never came.

Finding this strange, she slowly wedged a slit in her tightly clamped eyelids and took a peek. To her shock, there's a slender figure standing in front of herselfm, pierced through the chest by that ray.

In this second, this very moment, Ning Yu couldn't feel her heart beating anymore as Le Xin's body gradually fell down to the bushes like a withering rose.

"Yu'er, my feelings for you isn't fake, nor is it only for Brother Yuan's sake. He is one of the reasons, but also.... For more than a decade, I've been watching over you from the shadows, there's no way I don't care for you...." That said, the dying lady then shifts her gentle gaze over to the scum who still didn't move a step to help: "Brother Yuan, I know you are not like that. If Yu'er dies then you'll regret it, so... let me do this one last thing for you."

Following those final words, the last spark of life now leaves the beauty's eye....

Regret, pain, and guilt poured into Ning Yu's heart as she stared down at the pool of blood continuing to seep out of that lifeless body. Then in a sudden burst of anger, resentment filled those crying eyes as she herself confronted her own father, the very scum who did nothing to help.

"She sought that on her own, she can't blame anyone but herself for being so foolish." Ning Yuan only showed a glimpse of surprise at the enraged look from his own daughter before returning back to his old self.

Understanding as much that she couldn't do anything, Ning Yu was done with that man as well and no longer cared. Crouching down, her hands gently held onto Le Xin's body as she cried her hearts out.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Auntie Le."

She did it again, making another dire mistake that costed her someone important!

Chapter 1226 - Ning Yu's Despair (8)

On this day, Ning Yu seems to have matured a lot due to everything; however, there are no smiles left on her face, there's only hatred.

"Humans.... such a confusing race." Shaking his head after muttering that to himself, Dragon Flame returns his gaze to the Keeper who's still looking down from above: "Old fart, don't get so arrogant in front me. If I still had my previous strength then you wouldn't stand a fiddle in front of my eye."

"Humph!" Keeper Ling huffs a snort, "Blind and arrogant, what a hopeless creature you are. Nothing but a grain of rice, you will never compare to the sun in the sky like I!"

Unfazed by the putdown, the old goat scoffs a sneer of his own: "How can the people of this age be this arrogant? In our time, no one would even dare to rant in front of me, the great Dragon God!"

Likely annoyed now, Keeper Ling narrows his eyes in and released his aura out like a field, covering the entire field in a visible force. It's crushing for the old goat in his weakened state. However, as someone so proud and old as he, Dragon Flame would never allow his dignity to be tarnished like this and refused to bow down despite those legs shaking nonstop from the pressure.

Against this struggling picture, Keeper Ling's smirk only grew wider and goaded him to increase that pressure.

"Arggghhhhhh!!!" Issuing out a roar in retaliation, Dragon Flame knew he had to do something and met the forcefield head on with his own.

......

Not far away, Bai Yan and Bai Ning were coming to the scene at great speed when their ears were suddenly hit with that rumbling roar.

"Not good!"

"What's going on?" asked Bai Ning, who had stopped flying and showing a frown on her face.

Serious as well, Bai Yan quickly explains: "It is Dragon Flame, he's likely in danger. Half Qing Sing, you go back to the inn and protect my kids. Me and my mother is enough."

Dragon Flame is in danger?

The snake mutters to herself in surprise.

That guy is so powerful, who can cause trouble for him?

As curious as the snake was about the supposed enemy, she couldn't exactly refuse the order and retreated in the opposite way.

"Yan'er, we should hurry then before it's too late." That said, Bai Ning didn't stick around and flew forward, reappearing with her afterimage several meters away already and continuing to go further with Bai Yan close on her tail.

......

Back over in the secluded valley, the old goat's legs had already begun to bend in an unnatural way due to the pressure coming down on his head. It's excruciatingly painful, almost unbearable even, but the ancient monster never once waivered in his determination to not kneel.

"I, Dragon Flame, will never kneel before a human, you can't humiliate me!" Gritting his teeth, the old goat became even more ferocious in the eye as fire burned in them: "If it was in the past, a puny human like you would never dare to cross me, the great Dragon God! But just because I've been locked away for so long that you insects would act all arrogant before me? Just you wait, I will make you pay for everything today once I regain my full strength!"

Suddenly......

Before the old goat could react due to his attention being occupied, a figure wearing a pearly white dress had come before him. Next thing he knew, the force had been dispersed following a waive from the lady.

Despite being free, the strain on his legs remains, causing Dragon Flame to sit paralyzed on the ground as he gasped for air.

Chapter 1227 - Ning Yu's Despair (9)

Likely finding his own behavior shameful, Dragon Flame hurried to gather his composure after a few more breaths and got up again, all the while never once removing his stare up at the Keeper.

"Auntie Ning!"

The appearance of Bai Ning brought hope to Ning Yu's heart. Hurrying up from the ground as well, she wanted to run over and embrace that motherly figure in her heart. However, the appearance of Bai Yan that came right afterwards sent her shuddering through the body. Those eyes were all sour and jealous over the fact.

It's true this petite girl has come to terms with the truth that Bai Yan may not have deliberately abandoned Bai Ning in the past, but it doesn't change her feelings toward the other side because that meant she won't.

"You..."

Keeper Ling originally had an unimpressed face despite being interrupted, but his annoyance soon changed to horror and shock at Bai Yan's face. In fact, he actually lost his breath over this encounter.

"It's you!"

How is this possible? How is this woman still alive? I clearly destroyed her soul back then, how can she be here now? And what's with her calling Bai Ning her mother?

Surprised as well at being called out, Bai Yan pricks her brow at the foe: "You know me?"

"Humph!" Expressionless on his face, Keeper Ling waves dismissively, "You are a scourge to the Celestial Realm! Even if you turn to ash, I will still recognize you! But why are you still alive, I clearly destroyed your soul back then?!"

I should've known it's her, otherwise why else would the Celestial Lord warn us not to interfere? This is all because of this woman! She already did enough damage back then, now she wants to do it again?!

"You're from the Celestial Palace?"

"That's right, I am Keeper Ling of the Celestial Palace." The elder boldly states his title.

"Oh, then you're the ones who want to slaughter the demons and kill White Tiger and the rest?" Bai Yan asks again with her usual calm demeanor but with a tinge of killing intent showing.

Slightly taken aback by that question, Keeper Ling actually scowled: "It seems you still remember the past. Those are indeed the deed of the Celestial Palace, what of it! For the peace of this world, you and the demons must die!"

You and the demons must die!

This sentence completely violated Bai Yan's bottom line, causing her to usher forward the strongest force of aggression.

"Mother, I'm sorry, I've dragged you into this...."

Encountering a member of the Celestial Palace this soon was something out of Bai Yan's expectation, and since the person claims to be a Keeper then he could only be at the Demi-Divine Lord level. Even so, she's not afraid despite the huge gap in strength and felt relieved that the kids aren't around right now.

"Don't say that Yan'er, it's me who should apologize because they are coming after me." Bai Ning bitterly smiles due to the helplessness she felt inwardly.

Bai Yan on the other hand didn't reply her mother's words though, only looking down to the old goat beside herself. "Dragon Flame, I will lift the contract between you and Half Qing Sing in a bit, you leave here immediately, his target is me and my mother. I only want to ask one favor from you, help me bring my son and daughter to Di Cang, alright?"

Chapter 1228 - Ning Yu's Death (1)

This woman is going to release me from the contract?

Dragon Flame couldn't believe what he was hearing and went stiff in his body,

And at a time like this? Shouldn't she be using us as a shield instead to fend off danger, why is she allowing me to escape?

For a while, a look of disapproving and confused light filled the old goat's eye.

In his view, the impression he had of humanity was that of greed, cunning and selfishness. Finding someone that contradicts his belief was just... it's making his brain unable to process the reality.

"Dragon Flame, I don't know if it was really me who locked you down there, but if it were me then I'm sorry and is returning your freedom to you."

For a long time, the old goat didn't remove his gaze from the lady's face, only staring at her like a baffled child. That was until.... the power binding his soul to Bai Yan completely disappeared, that's when he realized she didn't lie and spelled the truth.

"Go!" Yelling now, "Go as far as you can, don't come back! Tell Xiachen and Dragony not to avenge me until they get enough strength to do so!"

Suddenly, an intense force explodes out of Bai Yan's body that pushed the old goat several meters away to give him space to flee.

......

Back over in the inn, Bai Xiachen was very dissatisfied right now as she stared in a bored fashion at Half Qing Sing who's sitting across from himself on the table.

"Where did my mother go? Why won't you tell me?"

Iimpatient as she was, the snake answers honestly nevertheless: "She said you are to not involve yourself in this matter so just wait here."

Bai Xiachen's expression sank at that. Jumping up from his chair, he began to stroll towards the snake to do something. But before the boy could do anything though, Half Qing Sing's face suddenly changed into that of shock and disbelief, causing the kid to also frown at the strange behavior.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I... I don't know, your mother suddenly lifted the soul binding contract between me and her."

She lifted the contract?

A dramatic change of color took place across the little steambun's face: "Mother must be in danger! I must go find her!"

"No!" Seeing the boy's about to run out the door, Half Qing Sing hurriedly caught up and blocked the path by holding his shoulder. "No, you can't go to her, I promised to keep you safe. Even if the contract between me and her is gone, I will still carry out this last mission out of consideration for keeping her word."

"Get out of my way!" Without any indication, a monumental level of power exploded out of the boy's body, sending the snake flying back several feet before she stumbles to the floor.

This sudden increase in strength and oppressive air left the lady in utter dismay. She never expected the child to be this powerful and instinctively gulped out of fear from the heart's down.

Chapter 1229 - Ning Yu's Death (2)

"Gege." By then the event had also drawn in Dragony from her nap. Reaching over to stop the boy as well, she wanted to ask what's going on when he slapped her hand away.

The pain stung of course and the little missy promptly shrunk her hands back, those eyes timid and sad when looking at the little steambun who didn't give any words of comfort that he normally would.

"What's wrong Gege? Are you going to find Mother? Can you take me along with you? I can also help protect Mother...."

Dragony's pathetic voice did make the kid halt for a second, but that's only for a second before that little body of his disappeared in a gush of wind.

For a while, the little missy actually didn't know what to do and just dumbly stood there after being dismissed like that.

"Am I too weak?" The missy timidly asks the snake behind herself with pursed lips.

"Oomph!" Coughing to clear the blood from her throat, Half Qing Sing didn't hold back and smirked a grin to play her nasty side, "Yep, you're too weak."

Hands winding into a tight ball, Dragony's gaze were stern and hard when staring in the direction which the boy ran off to. "I'm going to get stronger, one day I will be very strong!"

Even if I have to pay a huge price, I won't fail!

Due to her own attention still being preoccupied by the sudden disconnect of the soul binding contract, Half Qing Sing actually didn't realize the little missy had also left moments later, leaving only this snake demoness in the room by herself grinning like an idiot.

......

Meanwhile back over in the Demon Realm, a certain white tiger and blue dragon were playfully flying through the forested terrain at great speed when the former felt a strange and uncomfortable pang of panic circulating within his heart.

"Tsing Yi, do you feel it?" Little Rice asks with nervous eyes.

The blue dragon stopped at the call, transforming into a beautiful lady the next: "Yes, Mistress.... She cut the connection with us. I can't feel the contract between us anymore!" After saying that, the dragoness clenched her trembling fists until it was making a crunching sound, that's how frustrated she was right now. "Do you think something happened to her?"

"It must be, otherwise why else would the contract be terminated between us? Mistress must not want to drag us down with her. We can't stick around here like this. I'm going to go find her!" Wiping the drop of tear from his feline face, Little Rice mutters, "Mistress, you must wait for me, I will be there right away...."

Unlike the dragoness who only recently returned to Bai Yan's side, Little Rice was personally raised by the lady since birth so his emotional attachment was much higher than the rest, bordering on the line of a child to a parent. Imagine said parent being in great danger, there's no way the kid would sit idly by and wait.

After the brief exchange, both demons didn't hesitate and rushed ahead for the last known direction in which they could tell Bai Yan was in. Though they have no clue where the exact spot was, they are confident in their own abilities to figure that out once they arrive at the Celestial Realm.

Chapter 1230 - Ning Yu's Death (3)

"I have lifted the contract with everyone else aside from Di Cang's, Mother.... I got nothing to fear anymore so do not worry about me."

Unlike the familiar contracts between herself and the rest, Di Cang's connection was for life so she couldn't do it on her own. Nevertheless, she's very confident the consequences of it breaking if anything happens today wouldn't kill her husband still so it's fine.

Gently furrowing her brow, Bai Ning attempts to sway the girl to leave after seeing that serious face: "Yan'er, I can delay this guy for a while, you should leave here first."

"Mother..." revealing a bitter smile, "you may not remember the past, but.... there are some words I must say now in case I don't have that chance anymore."

"You don't remember me, you don't remember Grandfather, but do you remember Yun Feng? Back then the two of you loved each other with your all, and because of that he was locked up for twenty years and lost his mind for twenty years. You are his entire hope, I can't and I won't let that turn into disappointment."

Yun Feng?

Bai Ning's face carried a look of pain over the reminder. She remembers Bai Xiachen bringing that name up at one point, though familiar to her ears, she still couldn't remember who that person was....

Can it be, I really do have some sort of relationship with that Yun Feng?

Tightly clutching her own head, Bai Ning felt like her brain's about to explode due to the stinging pain.

Damn it, I can't remember anything, including that Yun Feng!

"Are you two done talking yet?" Keeper Ling cuts in with a faint smile of disinterest, "If you've said enough then get ready to meet your end. I'm sure Hell will welcome a pair of filthy swine's like you two."

Due to how cold and bitter his voice was, it immediately drew a reaction from the scum that's standing to one side.

"Keeper Ling, didn't you say you will help me get Ning'er? What did you mean by those words?" Ning Yuan carefully asks.

"What do I mean?" The old elder sneered at the foolish idiot, "This woman dared to attack the Celestial Palace while I and the other Keepers were in isolated training and killed numerous people under us. Do you expect me to leave her be after all the lives she took?"

Do you expect me to leave her be after all the lives she took!

The statement resonating like a clap of thunder in the scum's head, causing him to stumble backwards in horror as he turned to face the woman he claims to love.

So this was the Celestial Palace's goal from the start, to take Ning'er's life?

How could I have been so foolish? I clearly knew these people hated her to the core, yet I still brought him here! If Ning'er dies today then it's me who brought this on her!

"No! You can't treat Ning'er like this, you promised me, you only want to tame that demonic beast under her control, how can you go back on your words? If you act like this then aren't you afraid of the Celestial Palace losing credibility?" With every word he spoke came a redder shade of madness in the scum's eye, causing him to tremble with anger in turn as well.

Mocking in his grin, Keeper Ling obviously knew the guy would say that when he reveals his true intent: "What of it? So what if we go back on our promise to you? Aside from an idiot like you, who else knows about the promise? If no one knows then how can it tarnish the Celestial Palace's reputation?"

Chapter 1231 - Ning Yu's Death (4)

Ning Yuan's figure openly shook after the burst of outcry. Instead of looking handsome, he's visibly despairing on the face as blood drained from him.

"I already told you before, your actions will kill Auntie Ning!" Gritting fire between her teeth, the petite girl lashes out at the scum after having her prediction come true.

Despite the screaming words from his own daughter, Ning Yuan just blankly stared into the air and kept at it until the corner of his eye caught sight of the beloved woman he wanted so dearly. Perhaps this scum of humanity did feel regret for his actions right now and began to realize his own folly, but it didn't matter anymore, those involved could care less about his emotions.

"Mother, there's something else I want to tell you ..." Bai Yan ignored the Keeper's threat and continued to speak.

"What is it?" Bai Ning asks with a surprised note in her voice.

"My grandfather, uncle, father and grandmother are all waiting for you to come home so I don't want you to possibly misunderstand them once you regain your memories. The one who secretly attacked you didn't do so under the instruction of Grandfather, it's a vile hag who loves Father in secret and did so behind everyone's back. I hope you can forgive Father and his side of the family for not knowing and stopping it in time back then." Pausing, a firm light flickers within Bai Yan's eyes like she's come to term with something, "And finally... Mother, I really do love you, I do...."

In that instant, Bai Ning just stared out in shock over the undeniable confirmation of their bond. She's suspected as much, but it's another thing to hear it aloud that it's true.

Swish!

Suddenly, without giving anyone a chance to react, Bai Yan had pulled out her longsword (Godslayer) and slashed down at the ground between herself and her astonished mother. Immediately, a giant crack forms and forced the two apart in order to avoid falling into the chasm.

"Dragon Flame, take her away!"

That's the first thing the old goat heard when he realized what Bai Yan had done. Hurrying to grab hold of Bai Ning's arm, this ancient dragon did exactly as ordered and forcibly dragged the woman off.

"I'm not leaving, my daughter is still there, that's my daughter!"

Bai Ning's face appeared urgent and frantic, but despite the woman's struggle to break free, her body refused to act like the mind wanted. It's as if the ancient dragon had some strange power and pinned her to his hands.

"You let go of me this instant! If you don't let go then don't blame me for retaliating!"

Seeing how they're getting further and further away from the valley, Bai Ning's heart became increasingly more dire and stressed. Without thinking, she seriously attacked the old goat with a palm strike wrapped with an incredible amount of her own power.

Bang!

Spitting out a mouthful of blood from the impact to his chest, Dragon Flame didn't get angry despite his goodwill and actually spoke kindly for once: "You are indeed stronger than that Ning Yuan, injuring my body is no easy feat. But unless you are at the Divine Lord level you can forget about breaking free of my restraints today! I promised her to take you away so I will do just that!"

Of course, the lady herself wasn't some pushover either and the old goat's overestimation of his own strength was a mistake. Before another word could be exchanged, Bai Ning's body abruptly exploded with power, causing a torrent of wind to blow outward and blinding the ancient dragon's eye.

Using this momentary lapse in view, Bai Ning instantly broke free from the grasp by sheer physical strength and ended ripping part of her own dress in the process. This allowed her the opening to fly back towards the valley where Bai Yan should be still.

Unfortunately for this desperate mother, the old goat wasn't someone that could so easily be lost. In mere seconds, Dragon Flame had already caught back up and clung onto the lady's waist like an anchor. Despite the numerous hits Bai Ning threw in frustration of this baggage, the darn dragon just won't let go.

This is what I promised her, I won't let go!

Dragon Flame gnashes his teeth and endures despite bruises cover his old face now.

Chapter 1232 - Ning Yu's Death (5)

"Scram, you get away from me!" Tearing her hearts out, Bai Ning's voice carried a haunted tone like a banshee's scream, "That is my daughter, my one and only daughter in this world! I remember everything now. I remember it all! She is the one I've wronged the most, I couldn't protect her when I should, and I gave her up for adoption when I shouldn't have, how can you expect me to stay back and watch!"

......

On the opposite side of the valley, Ning Yuan's had widened in shock, constricting inwards due to the fact. How..... How could she have recovered her memories?

Just then last ounce of patience has finally seeped out of Keeper Ling's body. Raising his hand, a sharp beam of light shoots out of his finger and aimed straight for the crying mother that's quickly flying back over, separated only by a open chasm on the ground.

"Mother!" Bai Yan cried out in extreme fright then, wanting to give chase to the attack and stop it. Sadly, her movements were nowhere close to being in time due to her positioning.

Dragon Flame knew this and knew he had to do something. Without giving his brain any time think, the old goat's body had responded and wanted to forcibly fend off the light beam using his own sturdy self. However, there was apparently someone else who had the same idea that was also much closer....

Bang!

Ning Yu figure silently stood there as the light pierced through her chest. Then without a single sound, the petite girl wordlessly fell to the ground and hit the bushes. Despite this, her bleakly white face remained a smile as life slowly drained from those eyes. It's clear she wanted this, perhaps as redemption or payment for her own mistakes in life.

Bai Ning's heart felt like someone just ripped it right out of her body in that instant. Staring out in absolutely disbelief, the air literally left her lung as she cried out the girl's name.

"Yu'er! Yu'er! Why! WHY!"

"Auntie... Auntie Ning," the words were intermittent between breath because of how weak the girl was, "I... I really am... sorry... I really do like you."

At the edge of death, Ning Yu could honestly tell herself she did love Bai Ning from the hearts down as a motherly figure. She still wishes to be the woman's daughter despite everything, this includes ignoring that demonic beast under her control.

However, life doesn't give a person a second chance....

Bai Yan had stopped running over as well by this point, her eyes showing struggling indecision at the dying Ning Yu who just saved her own mother.

There's no doubt that Bai Yan had assumed the other lass only wanted to get close to Bai Ning for ulterior motives, but after this scene, she couldn't deny she was wrong, dead wrong even.

She really did care for my mother.....

"Mother." Coming back to her senses, Bai Yan immediately pulled out a medicinal bottle and threw it over, "Take this and give her it."

"Okay." Catching it like she's catching a lifeline, Bai Ning immediately returned her attention back to Ning Yu and popped the cork, trying hard to put the pill into the girl's mouth.

Unfortunately, Ning Yu had other intentions in mind. Slowly closing her eyes, she resisted the lifesaving medicine and brought the desperate lady to the knees.

Chapter 1233 - Ning Yu's Death (6)

"Yu'er, I like good and obedient children the most. Since you have now repented, I will be your mother for the rest of your life if you recover, okay?" Bai Ning's cooing words were like breaths of life for the dying girl, which in turn brought some sparks back into those eyes as she looked upwards.

Auntie Ning is finally willing to be my mother? I won't have to be an orphan without a mother anymore?

Because of those words, the will to live once again returned to Ning Yu's soul. Immediately, she opened up her resistant mouth and swallowed the medicine.

However....

The blood didn't stop spilling despite the fact, it's only getting worse.

Bai Yan's expression changed at the sight: "Her injury's too severe, there's nothing else I can do."

She may be an alchemist, but that doesn't mean she's a miracle worker. Those who have passed the threshold are beyond mortal means to save.

Bai Ning's hand quivered: "No, that can't be. If one isn't enough then two, hurry Yan'er, give me some more."

Ning Yu didn't miss the shaking hand in front of her face of course. Making a bittersweet smile, the petite girl shook her head in acceptance: "Auntie Ning, I... I'm happily satisfied already if I can get your forgiveness before I die. Thank you for being my mother...."

That's enough, I don't have any more regrets....

That said, Ning Yu then gradually shifted her gaze over to Bai Yan's side, seemingly wanting to say something else as a final will. Unfortunately, it's at that exact moment a wave of fatigue swept over the girl's eyes and caused her to mutter out some inaudible words while those eyes closed for the final time. But even so, that was enough, Bai Yan could still make out the words by reading those lips

"Save... Auntie Ning."

......

Infuriated beyond words, Bai Yan couldn't take this outcome. True she never did like Ning Yu from the first time she laid eyes on her, but even in death the girl was still looking out for her own mother! Whether it be for Bai Ning's sake or for her own sense of righteousness, Bai Yan couldn't let this death go unavenged!

Swinging her sharp gaze over to the scum: "Is this what you wanted?"

Ning Yuan didn't reply right away, only staring down at the pool of blood coming out of his daughter's body. Then as if struck out of his daze, he gnashes his teeth: "Ning'er treated her very good over the years, she dying like this is a good cause."

Against this type of answer, Bai Yan didn't want to waste another word and gathered her composure by closing those eyes. Once she was ready, she promptly summoned her sword from the ground: "Dragon Flame, take my mother away NOW!"

This time the old goat had no intention of failing like the last. He already saw what happened because of that so he lifted the woman up entirely over his shoulder and ran at full throttle.

At first Bai Ning was still grieving from sorrow, but the order from her own daughter once again brought her back to an urgent state: "No, I can't go even if I die, I have to be with my daughter damn you!'

Unsure where the strength came from, Bai Ning suddenly found a burst of power from within and directly kicked the old goat to the ground in a tumbling roll.

Naturally that wouldn't be enough to keep the ancient dragon down. With blood dripping out of his mouth, he nevertheless got up again with a bitter smile.

Oh what sin did I do in this lifetime? Why did I meet this pair of mother and daughter? Even if I don't die by the younger one's hand, I will be kicked to death at this rate!

"Hoho!" Keeper Ling draws a sarcastic sneer, those eyes contemptuous when speaking: "I don't know where you got the confidence in thinking any of you can escape."

Chapter 1234 - Ning Yu's Death (7)

Bai Yan scoffs a sneer in retort: "That's right, I will and I can with my Bottom Divine strength." Stroking her longsword, a flicker of frost beamed out of the lady's eye, "Godslayer, I know a sprite resides within your main body and that you have awakened."

Since the day where she saw this blade absorb the energy within the bronze gate on its own, Bai Yan had already known there's a sprite residing within. She only left the matter alone because the sword immediately went back into slumber, otherwise she would've tried to dive deeper for more information. But now Bai Yan could no longer wait, she needs the power within this sword.

"I picked you up not only to be a blade that can only kill! If... If you don't help me then I would rather destroy you if you aren't able to do more!"

Yunn!

Buzzing from the stimulation, it's clear the words from the woman had roused a tough reaction from the sword. It's protesting to the threat in its own way by humming profusely.

Surprised on the face, Keeper Ling immediately revealed his greedy side: "I did not expect you to have such a valuable weapon in your hands. What a shame... such a nice sword is wasted on you. Even with its help, you still won't be able to defeat me."

Bai Yan didn't get taunted by the provocation, only raising her blade upwards and tossing it behind herself along the crack line. Like a massive wall, the sword grew and grew, massively bigger than its original size until it's towering like a miniature mountain range.

"I don't have to use my Godslayer to deal with the likes of you, I just need it to keep my mother from returning to this side of the valley. And like you said, my strength is indeed lacking, otherwise I could've used the sword to defeat a trash."

Squinting those old eyes in, Keeper Ling apparently found the comment insulting: "In that case I will first remove you from this world and then deal with your mother...."

......

At the same moment back over on the other side of the valley, Bai Ning was pounding away at the sword's body. No matter how she tried though, she just couldn't make it budge, nor could she fly over due to the strange power restricting flight from the blade.

"You should stop it now. With your current powers, you are nowhere strong enough to break through its hardness. I know this sword the best. Not only can it cut through the strongest defenses, the sword aura coming off of it can also crush a person into meat paste. Though its abilities are somewhat limited due to your daughter's weakness, it is still more than enough to keep you down on the ground."

The old goat's remarks only made the lady more desperate on the face. Throwing another punch to verify the claim, it's exactly as he said where the flesh and metal clanked together but with no visible damage.

"You know I can't do nothing so let me go! I owe her so much in this life! Now that she's in a imminent danger, as a mother, I can't just watch and selfishly protect myself!"

Chapter 1235 - Ning Yu's Death (8)

"Please, I beg of you, let me get over there...." By the end of it, Bai Ning's voice had devolved into a pleading mess as she gradually crumbled to the ground. She's desperately pushing against the blade with her hands to no avail.

Exactly then from out of the blue, a powerful gush of wind rolls over from the back, catching the lady's attention.

"Grandmother, is my mother here?" Bai Xiachen's face was cold and hard, causing those who peer into his red eye to flinch from inherent fear.

Slowly nodding: "Yes, she is."

Needing no more confirmation aside from that, Bai Xiachen's attention shifts towards the only obstacle in his way. Gradually, a thin layer of reddishly blood lit flame wraps around his fist. Despite the tiny spark of fire, the heat emitting off of it was incredibly intense that it felt like a burning meteorite to those nearby.

Boom!

Thankfully Godslayer had a better sense in the brain than those idiots out there in this world. Right before the punch could make contact, the sprite inside sensed the danger and instantly shrank back into its former size to reveal the much-wanted figure across the crack line.

Unfortunately, the situation wasn't what Bai Xiachen wanted to see though. Instead of standing there unharmed and well like he's always envisioned the lady to be, that rosy red dress had just crashed down from the air and slammed into the ground like a ragged doll.

"Yan'er!"

Bai Ning's heart literally stopped beating from the horrifying image. She could no longer control her emotions and rushed forward, tightly hugging her daughter's body like a frantic mother.

"Don't scare me Yan'er, it wasn't easy for me to remember everything, how can you leave me behind so soon?!"

Dragon Flame may not have reacted as strongly there, but he's also standing there in a dull state: "It can't be.... it looks so serious. She couldn't have died right?"

She couldn't have died right?"

Everything in the surrounding environment immediately became shut from Bai Xiachen's senses, leaving only the pounding heartbeat from his chest that indicated his own emotions.

My mother's dead?

She's.... been killed?

A burst of air exploded out of the boy's body, shrouding him in a visible torrent of tyrannical wind with changing signs of it surging upwards.

Dragon Flame was the only one standing behind the family so he had the perfect view from his angle. Immediately, a look of horror overtook his eyes as he gulped.

This.... what the hell is going on here?

Why is this little fella going through such a drastic change and in such short timing? He not only changed physically, his energy signature also changed.

......

"You..." Keeper Ling could barely believe the child that's confronting himself. It's menacing and frightening, just like a sinister monster from the depths of hell itself.

Why?

Why does the little guy make me tremble just by looking at him?

Bai Xiachen didn't utter a single word in this case. With a light tap of his foot, he was already in front of the elder, his palm reaching out like he wants to clap him out of existence.

Of course, the little steambun's strength wasn't at that level yet, he only managed to send the Keeper flying back several meters from sheer brute force of his powers. Nevertheless, it's enough to leave the old goat in the background utterly dismayed from such strength.

Chapter 1236 - Ning Yu's Death (9)

In light of the turn of the tide following the huge change in the boy's behavior, Dragon Flame didn't find the situation any more comforting. In fact, he's still as tense as when the fighting first began. Seriously, the little guy has completely turned into a different person by this point like someone possessed by another soul!

Suddenly......

Another force had caught the attention of the old goat from the rear after he subconsciously inched closer to Bai Ning for safety. Swinging his head around, his view was immediately blasted with the purplish figure zipping over from the horizon.

If it was anyone else then Dragon Flame wouldn't pay too much attention aside from being alarmed by a new entry, but that face was someone he recognized and it made him go into a dismayed and excited state.

This.... it's him?

He's alive? I can finally meet him again!

But the man wearing the purplish robe did not give any attention to the excited old goat, he rushed right past everyone and came before Bai Yan like a lightning bolt and pulled the lady into his embrace, right out of Bai Ning's grasp who still hadn't come to terms on what's happening.

"Yan'er, I'm sorry I'm late... But don't worry, even if it takes the sacrifice of my own life, I will never let you leave me again!" That said, Di Cang promptly pulled out a dagger and slit the palm of his hand, allowing the golden droplets of blood to trickle down onto his wife's face.=

Dragon Flame was absolutely shocked by this scene. He's stiff and horrified as he spoke: "You... You are going to use your own essence to save her?! That is your most precious essence, the life force of us demons! If you use it then your own life will be in peril!"

But before the old goat could finish his outcry, Di Cang's next act had left the ancient dragon speechless. It's because instead of using only one droplet of essence that he needed, the demon king was pouring countless drops down like a rainfall!

As a result of this effort, the broken hole in Bai Yan's chest was visibly healing on sight, repairing whatever damage that the woman had sustained from the battle. In hindsight, Di Cang's complexion was also growing pale in return, a clear indication he's giving his life out for his wife.

Urgency now filled Dragon Flame's eyes. The more he watched, the more rattle he was inwardly because he just didn't understand why Di Cang would go so far for a human woman.

Why? What sort of relationship does he have with her?

However......

Despite the pleading look from the old goat, Di Cang never even flinched for a second, only staring intently down at his unconscious wife in his arms. It's as if the world didn't exist in his world anymore, only the lovely woman in front of his eyes that he would give everything in this world to save.

"Enough, that's enough!" Dragon Flame could no longer keep quiet and cried out in a frantic manner: "What you are doing now isn't just a simple act of giving your essence anymore, you're going to die at this rate! She's already mostly healed. You don't need to keep going!"

Chapter 1237 - Father's Love (1)

Di Cang acted like he didn't hear a single word from the old goat and continued to drip his essence blood down from his palm until he was absolutely sure Bai Yan's wound had healed completely. As a consequence, his complexion had grown increasingly more dire and even turned a shade of black like someone that's dying. Even so, he pressed onwards until the color of life returned to his wife's face.

Once that was confirmed and done, the panic-stricken heart inside the demon king finally relaxed. However, that doesn't mean he was done here today. Shifting his terribly dark sight over to the one responsible for all this damage, Di Cang's aura instantly sends the temperature of the area down a notch like the valley had turned into an ice prison.

Boom!

Bai Xiachen didn't know or didn't care what's happening behind himself, he only had one thought in his mind right now and that was to crush this Keeper Ling until he's removed from this world. For that reasoning, his attacks were growing increasingly more ferocious with every punch and now created shockwaves even if he didn't connect!

As a Keeper, the elder of course felt indignant at being pressured by a young brat that has barely weaned from his mother's milk. But what he saw next when his eyes fell upon the newly arrived demon king had sucked the air right out of his lungs. He had the look of horror and disbelief on his old face in that second. Then without another thought, he instantly retreated and stopped struggling to fight the child. Instead, he made a one-eighty turn and fled in the opposite direction!

Bai Xiachen naturally wouldn't allow this, having his target flee in his state wasn't a option. Pursing his prey, he threw punches after punches that blew apart the land at every turn. Sadly, just as he's about to catch up to the bastard to give the killing blow, Keeper Ling's body simply disappeared. That's right, the old bastard disappeared out of thin air, leaving only a slight fluctuation in the air to prove he was there mere seconds ago....

"This..." Bai Ning hurried to crawl up from the ground and stared upwards at the boy who continued to attack the terrain mindlessly until the landscape started to show signs of becoming a barren wasteland.

"Xiachen!" In her anxious state after finding the boy not looking right, the grandmother took to the air in an attempt to calm her grandchild.

Unfortunately, the little steambun's fist did not stop despite the pleading cry and even began to attack the woman with bloodthirsty light in each punch.

Bai Ning truly didn't expect to become a target by her very own grandchild. Because of that reasoning, she did not even have time to react. Thankfully someone did and had grabbed hold of that tiny fist in the nick of time, otherwise who knows what would happen to the lady's life.

"Bai Xiachen!" The man's voice was low and harsh, his expression unreadable, "Do you recognize who I am?"

The boy didn't reply, only growing increasingly more savage in his aura.

Kill everyone, kill everyone in order to avenge Mother!

Hate and anger had possessed his poor heart at this point. Fluttering his little robe, the boy's magna like punches began to rain down like a storm once again, but this time its at his own father.

Chapter 1238 - Father's Love (2)

Di Cang's frown had deepened greatly over the behavior of his boy. If it was in the past then he could most certainly subdue the little steambun using his powers. However, he's lost too much blood from saving Bai Yan, making him incapable despite his will to do so. Coupled with the violent behavior of his son, it's a sure-fire way to rouse heavy resistance and that would be dangerous for him and the child.

"Damn it!" He curses, determined on his next course of action.

Right as the boy was about to throw another punch, Di Cang had closed the distance and used his arms to grapple Xiachen into a bind.

"Bai Xiachen, wake up this instant!" The demon king's voice made a heavy blow to the kid's mind in an attempt to bring him back to reality.

But clearly Bai Xiachen was too far gone at this point for simple words like a demand to work. Next thing Di Cang knew was the kid biting down at his shoulder and piercing the skin with those fangs like teethes.

Hiss!

He felt the air suck out of him from the excruciating pain. It's gory and bloody all over his shoulder, but even so, Di Cang refused to let go.

"What exactly happened Xiachen?" Bai Ning took this chance to get up close, her hands covering her lips after getting a clearer look of the boy's form.

He's like a true monster, red eyed with claws extended, to call Bai Xiachen a werebeast was a good way to describe his current state.

Just like the lady, Dragon Flame had also started to tear up in the face. Of course, the distress wasn't over the little steambun's terrible form, he's aching over Di Cang's weakened state and now injured shoulder.

But goodwill always gets awarded when offered. Though Di Cang didn't intentionally do it, his blood that seeped into Bai Xiachen's mouth from him biting so much had roused a spark of sanity back into the child.

"I don't care what you are, but Xiachen is my son so I will not allow you to hurt him!" Di Cang's tone was heavy and commanding while it echoed across the empty valley.

It can't be.... Something really exists within Xiachen's body? This was the thought that came to Bai Ning and Dragon Flame who were the only ones left aside from the injured Bai Yan.

Unfortunately that comment from Di Cang only made the boy even more restless and struggled harder from what he already was doing.

"Mother, I want my mother... They all deserve to die, all die!" After saying this, that young face once again surged with killing intent, the red light in his eerie eye glistening with darkness like a monster from depths of hell.

Going slightly pale at the sudden change, Di Cang's voice snapped again into an urgent yet harsh tone: "Bai Xiachen! Your mother is not dead so snap out of it!"

Not dead?

It seems those two words were the key. Like thunder clouds being dispersed to reveal the sunlight behind it, a look of clarity returns to the boy for real this time as he eyes his old man.

Mother is not dead? Really not dead?

Taking this opening, Di Cang knew what he had to do and chopped down with his hand against the little steambun's neck and sent him limp.

"What's wrong with Xiachen?" Bai Xiachen nervously asks, afraid of what the possibilities are.

"There is a grudge within his body. It's full of resentment and hate, that's why he would attack anyone and everyone nearby earlier!"

Chapter 1239 - Father's Love (3)

"I have already tried to contain that dark grudge in him before, but it's clear the method I used is not useful in the end. If this continues then he will become a creature of carnage, only knowing how to kill and nothing more." Di Cang explains, his brow furrowing deep and hard.

As a woman and as a grandmother, Bai Ning felt great pain that someone so young would have to endure such struggles. This little guy is only seven, why must he bear so much pain on his shoulder?

"Here, help me take care of Xiachen for a bit." After handing the boy over to the grandmother, Di Cang then strode towards his wife in light steps across the grass.

Due to the sun being directly above the group because of the hour, the light only made that peerless contour of the woman's face even more magnificent, but this wasn't the only attracting feature for the demon king. That bump along the woman's belly was a huge eyecatcher which brought him to the knees.

Under normal circumstances and logically speaking, after Bai Yan suffered this much damage to her body, she should've lost the baby inside already. However, in the moment where his hands reached down to touch the fetus, a golden light glowed from within the womb and wowed the troubled husband.

Naturally finding the unborn baby safe and sound was a glorious news to the anticipating father, but he's also worried but grateful at the same time there's an unknown force protecting the fetus. It's abnormal and a sign of greater power at play, and that was something he couldn't control....

"I will take my wife back to rest first. My subordinates will come later to retrieve the rest of you later."

Bai Ning was taken aback at first over that message, but she quickly nodded after coming to the fact that it's for the best. "That... please take care of Yan'er then."

Not replying, Di Cang first gazed down to the sleeping beauty in his arms before showing a faint smile of comfort: "She is my wife, I will of course love her with my all and take care of her."

This attitude from her son-in-law had left Bai Ning befuddled with complex emotions.

Originally she didn't like this man when he appeared, but after witnessing how far he would go for her own daughter, the grandmother could deny her view has changed. She's starting to accept him from the hearts down.

"Does your shoulder need tending to?" The lady asks after noticing the blood still tricking out of the wound.

Casting a look down at his own shoulder, a cunning smirk escaped the dastardly demon king: "This injury won't hinder my movement so its fine to leave it as is. Once Xiachen wakes up I will tell him this is done by him. Knowing his personality, my boy will feel guilty and remorseful. By then I can use that as a threat to make him stop competing for Yan'er's attention with me."

Bai Ning couldn't stop the twitching in the corner of her own mouth after hearing that ridiculous reasoning.

Competing for Yan'er's attention with me?

Is he seriously jealous of his own son?

Nevertheless, Bai Ning's tense heart did ease up after hearing how relaxed the man was in the way he spoke.

Showing a soft smile of her own: "Then hurry and bring Yan'er back to rest, I will first deal with the matters here before taking Xiachen back with me to find you."

After that, Di Cang wasted no time and disappeared from the valley, his figure gone and out of view in an instant....

Chapter 1240 - Father's Love (4)

Turning around to meet the scum's face after the demon king had left with her daughter, Bai Ning's expression was cold and unkind: "I... remember everything."

This sentence instantly sends Ning Yuan into a trembling panic as he stared at that face whom he dreamed for years to have.

"You erased my memories because I repeatedly rejected you back then, did it ever cross your mind that this day would come?" That said, she then began to walk slowly towards the scum, her steps measured and powerful.

"Ning'er, I only did all that because I love you too much, that's why I did all those things...."

"Love?" She scoffs a sarcastic sneer, "I rather not have this sort of crazy love from you! Not to mention I have a child and husband, based on what can you make me forget them and accept you?"

The downgrading remarks from the lady had left the scum humiliated and shamed, evident by the clenched fist he's making. Even so, Ning Yuan regrets nothing. Since that year where he first lay eyes on Bai Ning climbing up from the cliff in her blood ridden state, he has fallen heads over heels for her and could never get out of that quagmire.

He thought he could get the woman to accept him once she loses her memories, which he believes any love-stricken man would do if they're being rejected as so. However, history has proven him wrong, very wrong...

"How can you be so cruel to me Ning'er? I offered up so much, paid so much!" Ning Yuan's voice trembled with the note of deep scarring pain which pierced straight into his bones.

"Why should I accept a dark hearted person like you?" Bai Ning unequivocally shuts the scum down, "My husband is an honest and upright man in this world. Even if he is not as strong as you, but in my mind, he is a hero, while you are nothing but a wretched little man."

While you are nothing but a wretched little man....

Her last sentence rumbled like a rolling thunder, blasting the scum backwards.

So in her eyes I'm nothing but a wretched little man?

How laughable!

With his eyes closed, Ning Yuan's face was full of grief and pain until he opened them again. This time he's pleading, "Then can you let me go out of consideration for accompanying you for all these years?"

"Hahaha!" Bai Ning suddenly bursts into a hysterical laughing fit, her voice mad and crazy sounding.

"Let you go? You ripped my past from me and had me forget my own husband and daughter! Why should I let a bastard like you go who stole all those precious moments from my life? But.... if things hadn't gone this way today, I might've spared your life out of concern for Yu'er.... But you killed her, then tried to kill my flesh and blood as well today! Which part of your behavior warrants mercy? Tell me, which part!"

"No!" Ning Yuan stumbles another step back, his head shaking like he's refusing reality, "The ones who wanted to hurt your daughter is the Celestial Palace, I'm innocent!"

"Innocent?" she chuckles with an icy note, "If not for you would they have known to come here and ambush us? If not for you would Yu'er be dead? If not for you would my daughter's life be in peril? And if not for you, would my grandson have been provoked and devolved into that state?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.8K 3.9K 50
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...
1.9M 97.2K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
36.9K 1.1K 59
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...