𝑮OLD 𝑹USH ━ Carmen Berzatto

By sincerelypiastri

❝I don't like that falling feels like flying 'til the bone crush.❞ In which, a run-down sandwich shop intertw... More

epigraph & playlist
vol 𝒊 ───── my mind turns your life into folklore
𝒊. warmth
𝒊𝒊. breakfast
𝒊𝒊𝒊. dough
𝒊𝒗. coffee

𝑮OLD 𝑹USH

1K 23 0
By sincerelypiastri

Everybody wants you━━ Everybody wonders what it would be like to love you.

DELILAH HASN'T LIVED for herself in awhile.

It started when her father collapses in their bakery's kitchen. She remembers shouting for the employees to call the ambulance and blinking away her tears as she tries to breathe life into her father. He dies of an heart attack. The warmth of Tonio's died with him.

The bakery falls to ruin and her mother tried to provide for the three of them. Eventually, her mother gives up.

Despite all the shit that life throws at her; she fucking preserves.

Delilah convinces her mother's estranged parents to take them in or to at least to her younger brothers in.They eventually give in with the conditions that she pays them back.

So, Delilah goes into nursing, a degree that allows her to easily support her family. She pours herself into her studies; she finds any way to make money to pay back her grandparents- she works, works and works.

At some point in her college years, she fell in love. Delilah, like in everything she does, loves Emmanuel Sanchez with all she has. In the end, he leaves the moment that he finds out that she's pregnant.

As Delilah kissed the chubby cheeks of her daughter and cradled her close, she thinks- "That'll be the last time."

It is then Delilah decides that she'll take her aunt's offer. For her daughter; her mother and her brothers.

So she packed away her dreams of going into culinary school; of becoming a baker like her father- and flew across the globe.

It wasn't all bad. Her people-pleasing tendencies and her need to fix lended well with being live-in nanny; being a server in any restaurant that hires her or in any of the jobs she can get her hands on.

Even with every sleepless night; covering every or any shifts in her part-time jobs; callused hands or the ache of missing every important milestone of her child- she gets food in the table, she pays for her brother's education and provide for her daughter.

After years of relentless work; she finally, finally, gets her green card. Suddenly, Delilah is a few steps away from flying her daughter to the one good thing that life has given her.

Her daughter.

Regardless of the fact that her employers, who graciously, sponsored her as thanks for taking care of their son for eight years had to let her go- she'll just have to find a way like she always does.

As Delilah stands under the yellowed sign, The Original Beef of Chicagoland, she hopes to God that this place is that way.

( kathryn bernardo . . . delilah 'lily' dizon )

( jeremy allen white . . . carmen 'carmy' berzatto )

and . . .

( zia dantes . . . estella 'ellie' dizon )

with . . .

irma adlawan marcella dizon / dennis padilla antonio dizon / joshua garcia jude dizon / zaijian jaranilla desmond dizon / ncuti gatwa theodore ibrahim / paul mescal colin finnigan / alden richards emmanuel sanchez / the bear cast respective roles

&& AUTHORS NOTE !!

━━ warning: themes of suicide, death, drug and alcohol addiction, verbal abuse, anxiety, depression, and family dysfunction, offensive language

━━ welcome to gold rush aka an ode to the bear as well as carmen berzatto. a must-watch if you still haven't watched it! i will be changing or adding details into the universe due to the existence of delilah, so heads up for that.

━━ as for ages, i just pressumed the characters are the same age as their characters. except for delilah, she'll be around the same age as carmy and claire (late twenties - early thirties). ellie is ten years old when the show starts!

━━ as for further clarifications in delilah's timeline, she left for america when she was twenty-one. "but didn't she go to college?" the k-12 curriculum was implemented in the philippines during 2012! so she became a nurse when she was nineteen and had ellie when she was twenty.

━━ anyway, the bear has revitalized my desire to actually publish the shit i write, so let's see how it goes! also, as much as this is a way for me to give carmen berzatto all the love he deserves- this is an ode to single immigrate mothers <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

802 26 5
a culinary student hellbent on a career in fine dining and the tired eyed chef crazy enough to fall in love with her
142K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
1.3K 246 23
Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.
147K 5.4K 27
[COMPLETED UNTIL SEASON 3] Returning home to Chicago after his brother's death, Carmy has some reconnecting to do, and not just with family. Steph ha...