King's Obsession

By ASTERHaru

In the realm of shadows, their souls collide, He, a tempest of hatred, she, love's gentle tide. A monstrous h... More

CHAPTER-1 Rouse Kingdom
CHAPTER-2 Crown Prince
CHAPTER-3 The royal family
CHAPTER - 4 (PURGE PART - 1)
CHAPTER -5 ( PURGE-2)
CHAPTER -6 ( PURGE-END)
CHAPTER -7 EMPEROR
CHAPTER -8 KING AND QUEEN
CHAPTER-9 FRUSTRATION
CHAPTER -10 CORONATION
CHAPTER-11 First kiss of acceptance(END OF SEASON)
CHAPTER-12 Truth of 'The monarch'
CHAPTER-13 Preparation of wedding
CHAPTERS-14 Monster
CHAPTER-15 Fight to protect
CHAPTER-16 Escape part-1
Author's note
CHAPTER-18 Crimson fire
CHAPTER-19 Last memories
CHAPTERS-20 Return to the palace
CHAPTER-21 Another beginning or end?

CHAPTER-17 Escape-part 2

110 7 0
By ASTERHaru

A little while earlier,

Carol sat alone in her room, the silence enveloping her after the maids had finished their work for the day. The knight who had arrived earlier still stood in her room, His helmet, adorned with a tinted visor, concealed his face, adding an air of mystery to his presence.

The polished steel of his armor gleamed under the soft glow of the room's recessed lighting.

“Why are you still here?” she said, her irritation evident in her squinted eyes.

“Please, just leave.”

“ What, Lady Carol?
You want to get married so eagerly?”

Carol's attention was suddenly drawn to a familiar voice, causing her to turn her gaze towards the knight. As he removed his face armor, she couldn't help but feel a sense of intrigue and anticipation.

Sir Grey?” Her eyes widened in shock, seeing him. The sound that escaped her lips was a gasp, loud and filled with disbelief.

“Yes, it is me, My Lady.”
Carol was left in utter disbelief as she witnessed the seemingly impossible feat of entering the palace.

“How did you manage to enter, Sir Grey? Rubi… I mean, Ragnarök has significantly tightened the security.” She rose from her dressing table, her eyes widening in astonishment.

“I have my ways,” Sir Grey replied with a sly grin.

She gracefully stood up from her ornate dressing table, her eyes widening in sheer disbelief and astonishment.” Are you not, perchance, committing an act of treachery against the king? Such an act, for a knight of honor, would undoubtedly lead to dire consequences, even as severe as facing the unforgiving embrace of death itself.”

“It is said that being disloyal to the king is equivalent to death, but I have pledged my loyalty to the previous king. Unlike my family, I am not bound to the throne. However, for once, I want to do something for Chloe.”

“But we can't get out of here, Sir Grey!! The moment we step out of this room, we will be caught!” Carol exclaimed, her voice trembling with fear.

“Who needs to go outside when we have this stunning, shimmering pink gem right here?” Grey exclaimed, displaying the jewel in his palm.

“Is this… a magic stone? Its existence has long been dismissed as a mere legend, rendering it seemingly unattainable. How did you, Sir Grey, come to possess such a rare gem?”

She asks with a contagious mix of excitement and surprise, her voice brimming with anticipation.

“It holds great sentimental value as our cherished family heirloom. I had planned to present it to Chloe as a special gift on our wedding day.

This precious artifact was bestowed upon my great-grandfather by powerful witches many years ago, and now, the opportune moment has finally arrived to harness its true potential.”

“Sir Grey… You do know that Chloe hates witches, right? It's a good thing you didn't tell her about this magic gem!” A dumb expression comes across Grey's face, as if he has just realized what she said. His eyes welled up with tears as he found himself retreating to the corners of the room, consumed by memories of Carol's relentless bullying throughout their childhood.

In a feeble attempt to console him, Carol gently patted his back, all the while wearing a smug smirk on her face.

“Come on, Lord Grey, we need to leave immediately before anyone discovers us! Stop crying!” she urged, gently shaking him to help him regain his composure.

“Oh, yes, please, hurry! Take my hand, my lady,” Grey urgently whispered, his voice filled with anticipation. As Carol's delicate fingers intertwined with his, a dazzling beam of radiant light burst forth from the mystical gem nestled between their palms.

In a breathtaking instant, the luminescence enveloped them, whisking them away from their mundane reality and transporting them to an enchanting realm deep within a lush forest. As Carol's eyes landed on Chloe, her heart swelled with happiness.

There she was, standing amidst a group of majestic horses and heaps of luggage, waiting for them. Without a second thought, Carol ran towards her, arms outstretched, ready to embrace her sister.

“Chloe!” she exclaimed, her voice filled with pure joy. The two friends locked in a tight embrace, relishing the warmth of each other's presence.

“I am so happy that you made the right decision to come, Carol. Otherwise, that monstrous misty would have trapped you there forever.”

Carol's heart sank as she broached the subject of Ragnarök. The joy that had filled her just moments before was replaced with a deep sadness that seemed to consume her. Her eyes grew. Chloe, perceiving her sister's uneasiness and the underlying cause of her sadness, tactfully shifted the conversation towards their escape plan.

“ The finest knights and their trusty steeds, handpicked from Hemsworth's elite ranks, shall accompany us on our journey to the border of Hansel. It is there, in the blessed land under divine protection, that you shall find the utmost safety and sanctuary, sister.”

“ Chloe, I am grateful for your help. Although I am the older one, I appreciate your support and kindness. How can I repay you for your generosity?”

“Repay us by treating me with kindness and respect, and by allowing us some privacy, my lady,” Grey interjected, trying to improve the situation.

They both give him a disdainful look, saying,
“Lord Grey, please refrain from interfering in our conversation.”

“How can you be so oblivious, Sir Grey?”

With his head hung low and his shoulders slumped, he found himself sulking on the ground, trying to shield himself from the hurtful remarks. It was as if the weight of their insults had become too heavy to bear, and he was left feeling utterly defeated.

“Anyway, we should get going! The emperor must have noticed your absence and sent guards to pursue us. It takes three days by carriage to reach the border from the capital.”

As the sun began to set, the once lively atmosphere of the carriage slowly dissipated, replaced by a somber mood. Grey's voice was low and steady as he spoke, his words carrying a weight that silenced even the most talkative of the group. Chloe and Carol sat in silence, their eyes fixed on the knight as he led them on his horse, flanked by his loyal companions.

The sound of hooves against the dirt road echoed through the quiet countryside, the only noise to be heard as Grey spoke of the dangers that lay ahead. His words were filled with caution and warning, his voice laced with the gravity of the situation. The two women listened intently, their minds racing with thoughts of what was to come. Despite the seriousness of the conversation, the beauty of the surrounding landscape was not lost on them.

The rolling hills and fields of wildflowers were bathed in the warm glow of the setting sun, casting a golden hue over everything in sight. It was a stark contrast to the dark and ominous tone of Grey's words, but somehow it only added to the sense of urgency that hung in the air. As they rode on, the group fell into a contemplative silence, each lost in their thoughts. The only sound was the gentle rustling of leaves and the occasional chirping of birds.

It was a peaceful scene, but one that was tinged with an underlying sense of danger. Despite the uncertainty that lay ahead, Chloe and Carol felt a sense of comfort in knowing that they were in the company of such brave and capable knights.

They trusted Grey and his companions implicitly, and knew that they would do everything in their power to keep them safe. And so they rode on, the sun sinking lower in the sky with each passing moment. The journey ahead was long and treacherous, but with Grey at their side, they felt ready to face whatever lay ahead.

As the sun began to set, the group decided to stop at a small inn to rest for the night. They knew that traveling at night could be dangerous, as bandits often roamed the roads under the cover of darkness. The innkeeper greeted them warmly and showed them to their rooms. They settled in for the night.

Carol tossed and turned in her bed, unable to find any peace. Her mind was consumed with thoughts of Ragnarök and how he had betrayed her. She couldn't believe that someone she had trusted so deeply could do something so hurtful.

As she sat up in bed, tears began to stream down her face. The pain of the betrayal was overwhelming, and she felt like her heart had been shattered into a million pieces. She had opened up to Ragnarök, shared her deepest fears and hopes with him, and now it all felt like a lie.

The weight of the situation was too much for Carol to bear, and she let out a sob. She knew that she needed to confront Ragnarök and get some answers, but the thought of facing him made her feel sick to her stomach. All she wanted was to curl up in a ball and cry until the pain went away. But she knew that she couldn't run from this forever. She needed to face the truth, no matter how much it hurt.

In an attempt to escape the clutches of her overthinking, she ventured outside the confines of her room and found solace in the vast, empty field surrounding the inn. This serene environment brought back memories of the beautiful botanical garden that Ragnarök had generously bestowed upon her.

Rubis…" Carol's voice trembled with a mixture of longing and care, her words a gentle whisper of her soul. In the depths of her being, she let out a silent cry, a silent plea for understanding.

At that moment, Carol realized something profound—she genuinely cared for him, despite the pain he had caused her family. She couldn't bring herself to hate him. Tears welled up in Carol's eyes as she reflected on the journey they had shared.

The memories flooded her mind, each one etched with love and laughter. She remembered the way his eyes sparkled when he smiled, the warmth of his touch, and the way he made her feel alive. It was as if he had woven himself into the very fabric of her being, leaving an indelible mark on her heart.

But alongside those beautiful memories, there were also moments of darkness. The pain he had inflicted on her family had been deep and lasting. It had shattered their lives, leaving behind scars that would never fully heal.

Yet, despite it all, Carol couldn't deny the connection she felt with him. She had tried to hate him, to push him away, But with each passing day, she realized that her heart still yearned for him. It was a bittersweet realization, for she knew that loving him meant accepting the flaws and mistakes he had made.

“It's not love,” she muttered under her breath, her voice filled with conviction. She shook her head vigorously, as if trying to dispel any lingering doubts. With a determined expression, she reached up and wiped away the tears that had welled up in her eyes, determined to hold on to her resolve and never let herself fall for him.

As she took a deep breath, she reminded herself that love was not a necessity in life. It was just a fleeting emotion that could cloud judgment and lead to heartache. She had seen it happen to others, and she refused to let herself become another victim of its whims.

She had always prided herself on her independence and self-reliance. Love, in her mind, was a mere distraction, a weakness that she couldn't afford to entertain. She had built a fortress around her heart, fortified with walls of determination and fortified with the bricks of self-preservation.

With each passing moment, her resolve grew stronger. She reminded herself of all the reasons why she shouldn't love him. She focused on his flaws, the aspects of his personality that clashed with her own. Likewise, she dwelled on the moments when he had let her down, hurt her.

She was lost in her thoughts when suddenly a loud noise caught her attention. As she turned around to see what it was, a strong gust of wind blew past her, momentarily obstructing her view.

As the smoke began to dissipate, her heart sank at the devastating sight that unfolded before her eyes.

THANKS FOR READING!
DO GIVE A VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199 15 16
I made a terrible mistake, I let my guard down when I shouldn't have. And that only led me into a trap, his trap. I was a pawn in this wicked game of...
464 24 51
--Updated weekly-- "Why are you following me?" "I am free to roam anywhere within Barracks, am I not?" "Aldaire will be displeased if he sees us tog...
1.3K 237 77
"Gweneria." Arowin's deep voice bounced off the walls forcing everyone to flinch by the sheer volume. My demeanor never changed. I won't roll over li...
2M 62.4K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...