Guilty

By Feychild1225

Rain has followed Phayu around since they were children but the alpha only seems to want to treat Rain as a l... More

chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 7

1.5K 74 1
By Feychild1225

Babe's doctor tells them he can have visitors three at a time as long as the Alpha doesn't get over tired or over agitated. Phayu, Saifah and Rain are his first visitors. After they leave, looking grim, Alan, Way and Jeff visit.

Babe refuses to even look at Charlie and addresses only Alan and Way, asking about the results of the race, which Kim of course had won. Then they break the news that Babe will probably need to sit out the rest of the season. Babe of course is unhappy with the idea he wants to race and take back his title as king of the hallows.

Charlie is worried about Babe's state of mind. He hasn't eaten at all and when Charlie tries to get him to, he knocks the bowl out of his hand. Alan and Way leave after that and Babe tells Charlie to go and leave him alone too. Charlie can practically smell Babe's bad mood and he doesn't want to leave the other alpha alone with his thoughts.

"I'll leave when you are better," Charlies tells him.

"I don't want you here, just go." Babe says angrily.

"I won't go, when I saw you have that accident, I was scared for you," Charlie says. He won't let Babe win this round. He is going to stay and care for the alpha whether he likes it or not.

"Why did you run on the field like that?" Babe says, "I had safety equipment on, you ran in with nothing."

"Were you worried about me?" Charlie teases.

"No, you just looked stupid." Babe says, his voice has taken on a sulky tone that makes Charlie smile. It's better than his anger and depression from before. He stays and tenderly cares for Babe no matter how many times the alpha tries to chase him away. Charlie can be stubborn too.

Phayu looked sternly around at the group, Rain standing by his side. "I don't believe what happened to my brother was an accident. Who was the last person who touched his car?"

"It was Jeff," Way says, "He was the last one to touch Babe's car before the race."

"Right, I checked Babe's car before the race, that's my job. You are quick to accuse me, Way." Jeff says.

"You are the most suspicious, the last one to join the team and under odd circumstances." Way says.

"Calm down everyone, I don't think we should jump to any conclusions." Alan says.

"You just want to take his side." Way says, giving Alan a meaningful look.

"I just don't think we should accuse anyone without proof." Alan says.

"What if I have proof?" Dean says. He pulls out his phone and shows everyone a video of Jeff working on Babe's car late at night before the race.

"The evidence is clear," Way says, "Is there anything else you want to make up?"

"I didn't do anything wrong," Jeff says, "I just tuned the car for Babe because I couldn't sleep."

"I don't think P'Jeff is the culprit," Rain says, "Why would he have a reason to hurt P'Babe."

"If he wasn't doing anything wrong, why was he doing it secretly at night?" Way says.

"I thought of a new method, and I didn't want to waste time because the race was close." Jeff says.

"Enough, Way," Alan says. "I think Jeff should leave the garage until we figure out who is telling the truth."

"I told you I didn't do it." Jeff looks at Alan with betrayal.

"Who sent you here?" Way asks, "Are you a spy for Red Racing?"

"He's not," Rain cries, "He's..."

Jeff gives him a sharp look and Rain stops speaking realizing he almost let the secret out that isn't his to tell.

"I won't admit guilt for something I didn't do," Jeff says. "If you don't trust me, don't say I'm a member of your family." The last is spoken directly to Alan.

"Jeff isn't a spy for Red Racing." Charlie says coming into the garage. Beside Phayu, Rain lets out a sigh of relief.

"Are you taking his side?" Way asks, smugly.

"That's right," Charlie says, "Jeff is my brother. Although we aren't related by blood Jeff and I were raised together."

"Oh," Rain says surprised. Phayu raises an eyebrow, apparently that wasn't the secret that Rain knew. He will have to talk to the little omega later about keeping any secrets from him.

"That makes it even more likely that you would lie to protect him." Way says. "The two of you could have been in it together."

"But I have proof that Jeff wasn't the only one to touch P'Babe's car and it's from the garage's own security footage. You can double check with the security company if you don't believe me." Charlie shows the copy of the security footage with the timestamp after Jeff had fine-tuned Babe's car. It showed a suspicious person going near Babe's car who clearly knew where the cameras were in the garage and avoided showing their face. It was obviously the wrong build to be Jeff.

"It's okay, if everyone doesn't trust me, I will leave." Jeff says. He turns and walks off, Alan going after him.

"P'Jeff," Rain says. Starting to follow the pair but Phayu grabs his arm. "Let uncle talk to him."

Phayu turns and addresses the group. "We will get to the bottom of what happened to Babe's car. Whoever hurt my brother will pay, if it was an outsider or one of the team."

Everyone shifts uncomfortably under the weight of the alpha's angry stare.

Way insists on staying with Babe that night, telling Charlie to go home to his condo. Charlie wants to talk to Jeff, so he gives in this one time, although he is obviously not happy about it.

Way finds Babe in a slightly better mood and falls into the old easy teasing of him. Although he is there with another purpose in mind and waits for the right moment to drop the bombshell hoping that it will shake Babe's confidence in Charlie.

"Did you know that Charlie is Jeff's older brother?" Way asks, trying to make the question seem casual.

From the surprise on Babe's face it is obvious he didn't. "Really," Babe says, "Is this why they spend so much time together?"

Way isn't happy with this response, instead of making Babe mad it seems he just relieved Babe's jealousy over Jeff.

"You are the one closest to Charlie and he never told you this?" Way says, trying to spark Babe's anger at the other alpha. "I'm being honest, if he can hide that from you, then he can lie about other things. You should only trust Alan and I from now on."

"I know, no one cares about me like you do. You are my best friend. Now I'm drowsy and want to sleep." Babe says, but Way doesn't miss the way he smiles. He is probably thinking about only Charlie now. Way's plan to turn Babe against the other alpha seems to have backfired badly. Way curls up on the sofa feeling frustration fill him, no matter what he does Charlie always seems to come first to Babe.

"P'Phayu," Rain whines. "I didn't mean to keep it from you, but it wasn't my secret. It was the night P'Babe came to the race and asked me to look into someone, remember?"

Phayu nods, he remembers that but hadn't thought anything about it at the time, he thought Babe had been looking into sponsors for his team.

"Who did Babe ask you to look into Rain? This could be important. I need you to tell me." Phayu says.

Rain shifts uncomfortably, Phayu knows it's because Rain has been raised never to betray a confidence and Babe hasn't given him permission to tell Phayu. He looks at his watch, it's early morning but visiting hours should be open at the hospital by the time they get there.

"Come on," Phayu says, taking Rain by the hand, "We'll go talk to Babe together and the two of you can tell me what is going on."

It's no surprise that Charlie is with Babe when they get to the hospital. Even better since Phayu feels like whatever this is has to do with both of them.

"Who did you have Rain investigate?" Phayu asks without preamble.

Babe's eyes widen and cut towards Charlie then back to Rain.

"It's okay, P'Babe," Charlie says, "It was me, wasn't it?"

"You knew?" Babe asks.

"Not until this very minute but it makes sense. I came out of nowhere and asked you for a car. What did you find out?" Charlie asks.

Babe nods at Rain who says, "That you were raised by Tony and that you and P'Jeff are hiding from him. That's all, I didn't even know that you two were raised together."

"So you knew that I was one of Tony's children?" Charlie asks Babe. "And you weren't angry I hid it from you."

"I was at first." Babe admits. "From what Rain found out though, I knew you weren't working with Tony. After that I was curious. Why did you seek me out?"

"At first to protect you," Charlie says, "From Tony's plans. The more I came to know you, the more I felt for you. Please believe me, P'Babe I am with you because I like you."

"Do you know who sabotaged Babe's car?" Phayu asks.

Charlie shakes his head, "I don't know. I suspect they were sent by Tony, but I don't even have proof of that."

"Is Tony trying to kill P'Babe?" Rain asks, "I thought he wanted him back."

"I don't know what his motives are," Charlie says. "I don't think he wants to hurt Babe. Babe's powers are too valuable to him. Maybe he wants to force Babe to come back by lowering his value as a racer."

"So we are pretty much back where we started from," Phayu says. "We still don't know for sure who damaged Babe's car and I can't even tell what was done to it because of the fire."

"Should I ask Pa to have P'Chai look closer into Tony's businesses?" Rain asks.

"That's probably our best move for now. No more secrets from you three." Phayu says. "If we are going to find out what is going on we need to know everything."

Rain and Charlie nod. Babe only gives him the usual glare but since he doesn't protest Phayu will take that as a yes.

"Stay vigilant, we can only assume the person that tampered with your car didn't intend to kill you." Phayu tells Babe.

"Yes, big brother," Babe says with a sigh. "I'm not a child, I can take care of myself, you know."

"Prove it," Phayu says. "Start acting like a responsible adult and I will believe it. Come on, Rain, let's go talk to P'Pakin about this."

"I'm sorry," Rain says outside. "I didn't mean to keep secrets from you."

"Rain, I need to know how to protect my brother and you. I know it's difficult, but you have to trust me. Or I won't be able to do that." Phayu says.

"I'm sorry." Rain says again and throws his arms around Phayu's waist making a cute face, "Please forgive me. Please, please, please, please, please."

Phayu looks away trying to hide his smile, but he never could resist this cute omega. Finally, he buries his face in Rain's neck and whispers in his ear, "Fine I will forgive my naughty boy this time but don't let it happen again or I will turn you over my knee and show how I punish bad boys."

Rain nods and hugs Phayu tightly for a moment before letting go.

They go to P'Pakin and meet with him and P'Chai in his office. They tell him everything they know about Tony and Babe's accident so far.

P'Pakin looks thunderstruck at the news. "I knew Tony had some shady businesses but are you telling me he raises these special alpha children and experiments on them? That he and your mother experimented on Babe?"

Phayu's lips tighten with anger at the mention of his mother. "It seems so."

"For what purpose?" P'Chai asks. "Is he raising an army of these psychic children?"

"We think he could be selling them to the highest bidders." Rain says with a disgusted shudder. "That's one of the things we would like you to look into."

"Consider it done. Phayu, Saifah, and Babe are like family to me and if I find out that Tony has designs to sell Babe or hurt him in any way there won't be a rock big enough for the man to hide under." P'Pakin says.

"Thank you, Phi." Phayu tells him. "I haven't always been there to protect my baby brother but I will do everything in my power to protect him now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 604 8
About sixty years ago a rare genetic disorder started appearing in the shifter omega population. No one is sure what caused it and the scientists hav...
36.2K 1.6K 18
Rain is new to the neighborhood and has been warned to stay away from Phayu, known subordinate of Mafia boss, P'Pakin. Rain may be a good boy, but wh...
8.5K 560 20
rain is a fledgling and meets a man named Phayu that helps him learn about the vampiric world. will love start to blossom? read and find out :)
84.1K 3.4K 31
Alpha Omega version of Payu Rain Payu looses his boyfriend due to some incurable disease and he goes into depression and comes back strong concentra...