Project Ares

By Naboo_Prince

There once was a story of a soldier so devastating and skilled that he could take on whole armies. Those stor... More

Awakening
Departure
Fleet Command
Outpost
Return
Orange Wasteland
Ambush
Apex
New assignments
Moving in
Rescue Mission
Salvage
Alone
Shattered
The night that never ends
Reunion
Traitor
Getting the facts straight
Court Martial
Bodyguard
Move like a shadow
Bounty Hunters
Back to the front lines
Augmented
Conspiracy
Ghosts
Re-assigned
Goodbye Commander
Mandalore
Rallying the troops
Love and secrets
Replacements
What's the next move?
Brothers united
Invasion
Ares vs Orion
Epilogue
Potential sequel

99

307 7 6
By Naboo_Prince

Mustafar

Following a almost painful flight through hyperspace from Eraidu, Chief finally touched down on the molten planet that glowed red and orange everywhere he looked. 117 had only been on this planet once before and that was a very long time ago. Not much has changed on this planet since then though, the terrain was still the most inhospitable in the sector, the natives probably still lurking around in their caves, and corporations probably had some mining outpost here to collect valuable rare metals.

From what 117 had observed on his descent, his hypothesis was correct, however, there were considerably more mining outpost then he originally thought. After disembarking his starfighter, Chief started marching towards the only Republic beacon that was on the planet. About 15km later, Chief was overlooking a massive battle between what appeared to be criminal syndicate forces and a small team of unique clones.

A/N: I'm just going to allocate CT numbers for the Bad Batch cause I couldn't find any online.
CC-9901: Hunter
CC-9902: Crosshair
CC-9903: Wrecker
CC-9904: Tech

Suddenly, Chief's comm buzzed to life as he was being patched in to the Bad Batch's frequency. "Spartan 117, this is CC-9904, I picked up your armour's signature when you landed but was unable to patch you through until you got within 200m of our location."

"What he means to say is thanks for eventually getting here." Another voice, more coarse and dry spoke in Chief's ear before a third voice that sounded more like a normal clone voice spoke; "Crosshair quiet, that's an order. Master Chief, we could really use an assist here, what's your position?"

"My location is on an outcrop 180m on your 2 O'clock. I'll move behind the enemy's position before starting to clear towards your location."

"Copy that Chief, we'll move forwards in 30 seconds." The clone that was apparently in charge of the team answered. Quickly running behind the enemies, Chief took out his pistol and started surgically removing the enemies from behind, soon drawing the attention of the criminal leadership.

Upon seeing their front lines crumble under a renewed onslaught from the Bad Batch and a towering monster moving towards them, the green skinned aliens quickly boarded a speeder and blasted off into the night. But before they could get too far, one of the clones fired a tracker from his sniper rifle, painting the speeder on all of their HUDs. After clearing up the rest of the enemy forces, the clones converged on Chief and removed their helmets, all except for the sniper.

"Master Chief, my name is Sergeant Hunter, leader of Clone Force 99. The quiet one is Crosshair, our designated marksman, he'll hit a moving target from 2 clicks out. That is Tech, the name kind of gives away his role, and the big one is Wrecker..."

"I LIKE TO BLOW STUFF UP!" Wrecker yelled from the side as he was searching the syndicate members for intel along with Tech. To say these clones were different was an understatement, Wrecker's augmentations was clearly his enormous size, being the almost as tall as Master Chief, and likely had a similar raw strength to the spartan. However, Chief was likely stronger due to his suit being able to enhance his already augmented strength.

Crosshair's augmentation was likely improved reflexes and marksmanship abilities, hence his armour reflecting a lighter loadout but equipped with sniper gadgets scattered around his body. Tech clearly had an advanced intellect, being able to hack into Chief's armour was no easy task. However, Chief couldn't seem to figure out what Hunter's augmentations were; he looked normal in stature and appearance wise aswell, except for the large black face tattoo. Noticing this, Tech stepped in.

"Hunter's mutation is that he has enhanced senses across the board, including smell, eyesight, taste etc. However, he also as a six sense of being able to feel strong electronic signatures, sometimes even planet wide. Hence making him an excellent droid tracker." Tech explained before Hunter started to brief Master Chief on what was happening on Mustafar.

Recently there has been a large shift in the underworld regarding the major crime factions including the Hutts, Pykes and Black Sun syndicates. They all have been unified under some shadow leader that is pulling the strings from the backstage. Recently however, they have changed their patterns and are supplying Separatists with stolen Republic medical supplies and crops in exchange for proton bombs, thermal detonators and freighter loads of credits.

Hence the Bad Batch, along with numerous other Republic Commando teams have been assigned to track the smuggling operations and pinpoint the key locations. That was until they were discovered here on Mustafar by the Black Sun syndicate. They thought that the commando reinforcements would help but they were lured into a trap and killed as they got off the shuttles, leaving Clone Force 99 stranded here on Mustafar.

Taking charge, Chief directed the Bad Batch to mount up on some speeders left behind by the syndicate and to chase after the Black Sun leadership.

Time skip

A/N: Okay, I'll be honest, I was too lazy to write a whole battle with Chief and the Bad Batch. But essentially; they catch-up to the Black Sun leadership and attempted to capture the criminals. Unfortunately, they were left no other choice but to kill them due to them holding hostages.

Looking around the large lava base, Chief watched as Hunter and Tech interacted with the locals and directed them towards the speeders so that they could safely get back to their homes. Chief also noticed the six Republic attack shuttles that were parked on the landing platform along with dozens of containers full of supplies. All of which would be very well received aboard the Pillar of Autumn. So Chief was left with a tough choice, he could either attempt to recruit the Bad Batch and risk exposing the whole operation or leave with them and send an encrypted message to Blue Team to come collect as much supplies before Republic forces got here.

Deciding on the latter, Chief joined Clone Force 99 on their ship the Marauder before they blasted off the planet. Sending an encrypted message through a secret comm that was linked straight to Static on the Autumn, Chief soon sat down on the back seat of the Marauder as Hunter punched the Hyperdrive.

Time skip

Coruscant - Republic Military Complex

Shaking hands with Hunter before disembarking from the shuttle, Chief watched as the Bad Batch flew off to their next assignment. He was kind of regretting not asking them to join him and Blue Team, however he had no time for that. Things were moving quickly and he had to stay in the loop. Luckily Rex was still planet side due to an officers meeting with some of the biggest legion and battalion commanders available.

Walking over to the conference room that the meeting was assigned to, Chief got there just as the officers started walking out. Receiving multiple nods of acknowledgement and even some salutes from the lower officers, Chief walked into the room to find Captain Rex and Commander Wolffe taking about something. Looking around to make sure no-one else was around, Rex turned to face the giant super soldier.

"Chief, I just told Wolffe here about the whole chip conspiracy and what is going on." The 501st captain explained as 104th commander nodded in agreement. "Master Chief, I can promise you now, you and Blue Team have the unwavering support of the Wolf Pack. I'll start organizing troops to be sent to rendezvous co-ordinates where your men can pick them up."

"Thank you commander, that is actually what I'm here to talk to Captain Rex about. How are we looking for numbers?" Chief asked, hoping that there would be hopefully at least a dozen clones on their way to the Pillar of Autumn. To his surprise Rex told him that 21 clones had already arrived on the ship with an additional 40 on their way. Supporting those were four Alpha-class ARC troopers that Fordo enlisted to the cause, not to mention the ARC Captain and Commander Thorn also having their chips removed as well.

In terms of vehicles, most of the 501st were fairly competent in ARC-170s, hence that was their main method of transport there. So the Autumn already had a compliment of 7 heavy interceptors that just needed to be refueled. Wolffe also spoke up and said that he could get at least 10 of his men in Y-wings over there in the next week.

Suddenly, troopers in riot gear started rushing past the room as alerts started going off around the base. Stepping out, Wolffe asked one of the troopers what was going on. "It's the Jedi Temple, there has been a bombing. Some of us are being mobilized to be placed on crowd control and establish a perimeter, sir." The trooper explained before rushing off to join his squad.

"Commander, the chaos around here will make it easier to slip those men out, you focus on that unless given a direct order by higher up. Rex, I need you to double check that all the clones going are verified and that there is no trace of them going AWOL."

"Copy that Chief, where are you going?"

"To find out who planted that bomb."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 0 3
War has struck the galaxy, and the Clone Troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic are the first line of defense against the hellish onslaught of th...
64.6K 2.3K 48
When the Aliens, the Covenant, invaded, it seemed as if Mankind had no hope. Then the Spartans came to the rescue. These genetically modified super s...
106K 3.4K 200
Immediately following the events of The Last Jedi, the battle for the galaxy continues between the First Order and the last of the Resistance. As the...
10.2K 123 10
(based off of Marvel's What If series. but different.) In this Universe, All is right based on there Story and Timeline. but in another Universe... T...