JEEVAN

De ATIMAHS

In the ocean of life, a man lost his willingness to live. His life hung on the thin thread of desire. Desire... Mais

Author's Note
Character Sketch
Prologue
1- Test and Quest
2-Hopes and Memories
3-Plans & Tantrums
4- One Step Forward,Two Steps Back.
5- Regret and Longing
7- Phones & Kheer
8- Ultimatum & Baba
9- Being Her Father
10- His Arni
11- Running Wild
12- Forgiveness
13- Papa-Beti time
14- A Promise
15- Chasing Trouble
16- An Unexpected Mission
17- A Broken Promise
18- Broken Hope
19- Roshni Arjun Rawte
20- An Intrusion
21- Echoes of Misfortune
22- JEEVAN!
Epilogue(1)
Epilogue(2)
Book Sequel

6- The Confrontation

1.1K 98 78
De ATIMAHS

Arnika was sitting on the bed talking softly to Kashvi and Kavin. She smiled at something Kavin said but the smile dimmed in a flash as the familiar ache in her heart let itself be known. Kashvi and Kavin gave each-other a knowing look. They have been trying to cheer her up since quite some time now.

When Kabir had brought her home, she looked miserable. Though there were no traces of tears on her face or eyes but the redness of her eyes and nose recited a completely different tale. However what tugged at each one of their heartstrings was the sadness in her demeanour. The usual chirpy girl looked lost and distant. 

Since past 1 hour, Kavin and Kashvi were trying to bring out the lost smile on her face but all they got was a nod or a forced smile. The door to the bedroom opened and Tanvi entered the room, followed closely by Arjun.

Arnika stiffened in his presence and looked away. She had assumed that he'll possibly not even notice her absence from the house. This this came more as a shock for her.

Tanu walked towards Arni and kissed her forehead. "Talk to him." she said gently. "Chalo baccho. Homework kar lo." she said to the twins and let them out.

Arjun stood at the door for a while hoping that Arni would atleast acknowledge his presence by looking at him but no such luck. With a defeated sigh, he walked towards her and sat down on the stool near the bed.

Arjun tried- "Arnika."

Arnika stalled for a while but then looked directly in his eyes.

Arjun- "About last night...I am sorry. I shouldn't have raised my voice at you."

Tears rushed to her eyes. She looked away. Her father wasn't even apologising for the right reason. This showed that he had absolutely no regard about how hurt she was by his behaviour and that again hurt her.

Arjun- "Look at me, Arnika. We need to leave now."

Arnika looked at him angrily and was about to say something when the world around her started spinning madly. She tried to sit up straight but ended up falling unconscious in Arjun's arms, scaring the hell out of him.
__________________________________
Miles away

A man sat in a dark room surrounded by an air of atrocity and mala fide. He looked at the picture in his hand.

Another man came running towards him and put the cigarette in his mouth. He lighted up the cigarette.

"Ye bacchi kon hai, Bhai?" he asked.

The man smirked and held out his hand for the lighter. He brought it near the picture and looked on as the photo reduced to ashes.

"Arnika Arjun Rawte. 6 saal pehle toh bach gayi. Par iss baar nahi bachegi. Bohot jaldi aa Raha hu Mumbai. Tujhe Teri uss bewakoof maa ke paas pahucha dunga iss baar." he said viciously and laughed.

6 years back, he had only partially completed his mission. Now, after 6 years he would put a  final, conclusive stamp on his mission. His mission to destroy Arjun Suryakant Rawte.
__________________________________

Tanvi checked on Arnika as Arjun and Kabir gave her a restless look.

Arjun's heart dropped when he saw Arni fainting like that. He realised with a start that he could not imagine his life without Arni.

Kabir- "Kya hua Tanu? Arni thik toh hai na."

Tanvi nodded. "She is fine. Arjun Bhai, isne subah se kuch bhi khaya hai?"

Arjun thought for a while. He had left home early. He had absolutely no idea whether or not she had eaten. And now that he thought about it, his guilt increased ten folds. What kind of father was he if he didn't know whether or not his child has eaten?

Kabir- "Isse kaise pata hoga? Chillane se fursat mile toh na puchega ki usne khana khaya ya nahi."

Arjun rubbed his forehead. His so called friend wasn't making him feel any better about the situation.

Arjun- "Kabir please!"

Kabir scoofed and went out. Tanvi looked at Arjun and said,

"Mai isse glucose shot de Rahi hu. Thodi der me hosh aa jayega. Mai khana bhejwati hu. Make sure she eats."

Arjun nodded wordlessly and sat beside Arni. He took her small hand in his own and kissed it gently. He let his own tears fall. He was the one responsible for Arnika's condition.

Flashback
9 years back

Roshni was lying unconscious on the hospital bed while Arjun was sitting beside her with a new born baby girl in his hand.

Arjun in a baby voice- "Hey princess. Kya soch Rahi hai tu?"

The baby looked at him with her big brown eyes, so much identical to his own.

Arjun- "Aise kya dekh Rahi hai? I am your Papa and yeh dekh Teri mumma.She is taking rest." then he made a stern face, "Mumma ko bohot pareshan Kiya hai na tune?"

Arni's only response was blinking her imploring brown orbs.

Arjun biting his smile- "It ends here, young lady. Abhi aap mumma ko bilkul pareshan nahi karoge? Okay?" He talked on and on to her as if she was understanding everything he said.

A while later, Roshni opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Arjun sitting with their daughter. She tried to sit up.

Arjun noticed her and adjusted the lever of the bed. He handed his little princess to her. Roshni smiled and kissed her forehead.

Arjun- "Thank you, Roshni. This is the best gift you have given me."

Roshni looked at Arjun emotionally. Holding her own flesh and blood in her hands was such a blissful yet emotional experience.

Arjun gently kissed her forehead.

Arjun- "She's so perfect, Rosh. See uske haathon me 10 fingers hai and uske pairo me bhi 10 fingers hai. Each detail is perfect."

That brought a laugh out of Roshni.

Roshni- "Really? Toh tumne kya expect Kiya tha?"

Arjun- "I expected nothing less and my princess made me proud!"

Roshni shook her head. She could already see how spoilt the little girl would be!

Roshni- "Iska naam kya rakhe?"

Arjun- "She is such a sweet replica of you. I say, Roshni 2.0 rakh dete hai!"

Roshni hit her forehead and looked at the baby who was looking at them curiously.

Roshni- "Kya dekh Raha hai, mera baccha? Ki aapke papa kitne stupid hai? Unhone dekha hi nahi ki aapki eyes bilkul papa ki tarah hai."

Arjun jokingly-"Abhi ladki ka naam Arjun toh nahi rakh sakte na?"

Roshni glared playfully at him.

"Hmm..Arjun and Roshni ka kuch combination. Umm...Arni ! How's that?"

Arjun smiled at the name. Perfect for their daughter.

Arjun- "Arnika Rawte."

Roshni shook her head-
"Arnika Arjun Rawte"

Arjun- "My princess! I'll protect you with my life. Not a tear would ever escape your eyes."

He gently kissed her forehead.

Arjun looked at Arnika. He had broken his promise. He has became the sole reason for her tears and he'll continue to be the reason for her tears.

He can't give her what she expected of him. He didn't have the heart or courage to provide her with what she was asking for. That unknown fear of losing her gripped his heart.

"Tujhse Teri zindagi ki saari khushiyan cheen lunga Arjun Suryakant Rawte. Tere hasne ki har ek wajah, tujhse pyaar karne wala har ek insaan, tera jeevan puri tarah se khokla karke rakh dunga."

He came out of the haze as he felt Arni's eyelids moving. He looked blankly at her. He couldn't let emotions weaken his resolve. His resolve of protecting his daughter from his own self.

Arni hissed as she felt a dull ache on her arm. She looked at it only to find Arjun pressing the cotton over it.

Arjun discarded the cotton and helped her sit up.

Arjun coldly- "When did you eat last, Arnika?"

Arnika visibly gulped but his her fear under the pretense of indifference.

"You don't need to bother." she said looking away.

Arjun- "Not the answer to my question, Arnika. Try again."

Arnika clutched the covers tightly in her hands. She couldn't get the dreaded response out of her system.

Arjun- "I'll have absolutely no qualms about sitting here all night, Arnika. But let me make it very clear, we are not going anywhere before I get my answer."

Arnika gulped. The authority in his voice overwhelmed her. A small part of her heart had always wanted to be held accountable for her actions. She had been envious of her friends when they sadly narrated how Kabir had scolded them for doing their homework at the last moment or how he had made it a rule for them to be on the table at certain fixed time for meals.

Now she was finally getting a glimpse of the life she wanted but at what cost? Atleast earlier, she had that small hope that her father loves her and he just doesn't know how to show that love but now, when he had so openly showed his disinterest in her actions, how could she possibly make herself get happy over these small victories?

She looked at Arjun, who true to his words was sitting there patiently without uttering a single word. Before she could say something, a staff knocked on the door and entered with a plate of fruits.

Arjun took it from him and forwarded it to her. She looked at it and then at him.

The longing in her eyes tugged at Arjun's heartstrings. He knew his resolve was weakening. But the father in him couldn't pull back today.

Before he knew it, he forwarded the piece of fruit towards her mouth.

To say that Arnika was shocked would be the biggest understatement of the year. She was finally getting what she wanted all along. Her opinion felt conflicted. Why did he care whether or not she was fed if he didn't care? Perhaps, out of obligation. But he could have easily kept the plate near her and went away. He didn't do that.

How fast the tables turn. Just last night, she was the one feeding him and today the scenario had completely turned opposite.For a moment, she had wanted to give him the same that she got but she didn't have the heart to do that with the man she idolised.

She opened her mouth and had the piece of apple. It tasted different. It tasted heavenly. It tasted like love.

She looked at him with an emotion he couldn't point out. She didn't bother to hide her tears anymore. She had completely melted.

Arjun wiped her tears with his thumb but the flow didn't cease. At last he had to firm his voice,

"Stop crying, Arnika. You'll choke."

That made her cry even harder. His concern towards her had opened the dam of tears that had been held firmly in place by the gravity of indifference.

Arjun tiredly- "Tune Kasam khayi hai ki ab meri koi baat nahi sunegi?"

Arnika cutely shook her head and sniffed slightly.

Arjun- "Last khana kab khaya tha?"

Arni- "Abhi 2 minute pehle."

Arjun couldn't help but whack her head at the response.

"Don't act smart. You know what I mean!"

Arni rubbed her head and pouted slightly.

"Kal shaam me...sandwich khaya tha."

"Tune dinner nahi Kiya tha?" he asked sternly.

Arni shook her head and looked down. It took everything he had in him to not shake her up at the response.

He forwarded the fruit to her mouth and she silently had it, too scared to annoy him any further.

Once he was satisfied, he put the plate aside.

"I made a mistake last night, Arnika. You made several mistakes throughout the duration of 24 hours. I feel sorry for what I did but I don't find a trace of regret in you."

Arnika looked down. Somewhere, he was right. She wasn't exactly feeling guilty over what she did. It was just that she feared his reaction.

"Sleep. Tomorrow I'll pick you up at sharp 8 in the morning and once we reach home, we'll have a very long discussion about your long list of transgressions."

With that, he got up and walked out. Arnika looked at his retreating back awestruck. This attitude of him felt so foreign yet so familiar to her heart.

Only if she knew what she had in store for herself. She would be exactly getting what she had asked for. A reaction!

__________________________________

A/N

Okayyyy! I honestly don't have any idea about how and why this chapter turned out like this but I just couldn't help it!

You saying, a small gesture and she melts? Pathetic!
I know but that's just how our girlie is!

The next chapter would be fun! Or maybe? I dunno, honestly. Any ideas?

How was the overall chapter,btw?

Who wants an Arjun-Kabir confrontation in the next chapter?😏

What do you think of the flashback? Especially the Arjun in the past?

And the mystery man?

Lemme know guyz!!!

Again no target, bcoz I don't feel like giving it🤷. Updates depend solely on your response.

Regards.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

817K 29.2K 57
Happiness? Was a word that left Roohi Shekhawat's life long ago. She was the diamond nobody took notice of in the pile of coal. She shone brighter th...
212K 6.7K 57
THE ROYAL COUPLE Meet Swasti Singh:- A Greek goddess with a unique personality, her life revolves around two things; Work and Family. A bitchy and ba...
122K 9.7K 38
The journey of a family bonded by heart and soul instead of blood! The journey of a boy who was left homeless after the death of his parents. Homeles...
10.7K 867 11
Sequel of I Promise: Echoes Of Sufferings You have to read previous one before reading this Or you can just read this one if you want. _____________...