Attack on Titan: The Sun & Th...

By JaCobBcRaZy

In the year 845, the year where it all began and the fall of Wall Maria. Titans have killed thousands of peop... More

Bio: Taiyou Tsugikuni

Chapter 1: Hope is Born

80 9 1
By JaCobBcRaZy

In the Forest of Shiganshina District—The Tsugikuni Residence–Afternoon...

Grisha: Almost there, Kie. Just one more push.

(Grisha Yeager)

(Kie Tsugikuni)

(Tanjuro Tsugikuni)

Inside the Tsugikuni residence, located in the forest of the Shiganshina District, Kie Tsugikuni was on the bed giving birth. Tanjuro was beside the bed on both knees, holding onto one of Kie's hands. Grisha Yeager was there to help the two couples deliver the baby.

Kie: *Pain* Tanjuro, I'm scared. What if...

Despite her crushing his hand as she desperately tries to give birth to their child, Tanjuro gently squeezes her hand, doing his best to comfort her.

Tanjuro: *Calm Tone* There's no need to be scared, my love. I'm right here. I'm still here. You can do this.

Kie: *Pain* Tanjuro... Please don't let me go.

Tanjuro: *Calm Tone* I will never, ever let you go. I promise. Now push.

Feeling the growing strength of her husband's words, she gives the final push as she lets out a scream of agony and relief. After Kie's final push, Grisha was now holding a newborn baby boy wrapped around in a white blanket.

Suddenly, Grisha's eyes caught something. He sees a strange mark on the baby's forehead.

Grisha: (That's odd? Is this a birthmark?) *Smiles* Congratulations, you two, it's a healthy baby bow.

Grisha then hands the baby to Kie, who gently holds her baby boy in her arms. The Tsugikuni couple are very happy to see their son brought into this world. But just like Grisha, they, too, spotted a mark on the baby's forehead.

Kie: *Weakly* That's strange? What's this odd mark on our son's forehead, Tanjuro?

Tanjuro: I'm not sure, Kie. This mark is unlike the mark I have. If I have to guess, this could be a blessing from the gods.

Kie: *Weakly* Hmmm... * Weakly Smiles* I believe so too. *Kisses the baby's head* My sweet little sun.

Tanjuro: What should we name our son, Kie?

Kie: How about... Taiyou?

Tanjuro: Taiyou... *Smiles* I love that name. Welcome to the family, Taiyou. *To Grisha* Thank you, Grisha, for your assistance.

Grisha: *Smiles* I was just doing my job, Tanjuro. But I believe your wife did all the work. So there's no need to thank me.

Tanjuro: But still, thank you, Grisha, and here.

Tanjuro stands up and walks over to Grisha as he takes out a small bag of money.

Tanjuro: Here for your help.

Grisha: O-Oh. There's no need to pay me, friend. You and I have been friends since I first got here. So please, keep it.

Tanjuro: Please, I assist, Grisha. Let's just say I'm helping out a friend. Your wife, Carla, is also pregnant. She's been pregnant for about six months now. Am I correct?

Grisha: *Rubs the back of his neck* Yes. You are indeed correct.

Tanjuro: Then, please take it, Grisha. It'll help you and the baby in the future.

Not seeing a way to convince his friend, Grisha accepts the money and slides it into his pocket. Grisha then grabs his belongings and prepares to head home.

Tanjuro: Are you leaving now, friend?

Grisha: Yes, I am. I apologize. I can't stay here any longer. I promise Carla that I'll be back home on time before dinner. I don't want to keep her waiting, or she'll gobble me up.

Tanjuro: *Chuckles* I see. I'll see you around then, Grisha. Please let Carla know that I said hi.

Kie: *Weakly* Tell her I said hi, too. And let her know if she wants to come by our place to see little Taiyou. It will be nice, do you agree, Grisha?

Grisha: *Smiles* Oh yes, I believe so, Kie. And don't worry, I'll let her know. I have to go now. I'll see you two later, and please rest up, Kie. You'll need to regain your strength.

Kie: *Weakly* I will. Thank you again.

With that, Grisha left the Tsugikuni residence. Tanjuro kneels beside his wife as he gently rubs his son's forehead. Kie smiles to see her son sleeping in her arms.

Kie: *Weakly* He looks so peaceful, doesn't he, Tanjuro?

Tanjuro: *Smiles* He sure does, Kie.

He carefully takes the baby from Kie and holds the little one gently in his arms. He then stands up.

Tanjuro: You should rest now. I'll take care of little Taiyou.

Kie: *Exhausted Smile* Ok.

Her eyes shut as she goes to sleep. Tanjuro walks out of the room with baby Taiyou in his arms. Walking outside, the father stands on the porch as the sunlight hits him and his son's face. The father looks down at his son as his lips form a kind smile.

Tanjuro: (Welcome to life, Taiyou. I promise that I'll guide you and raise you right like every father should do for their children. And when the time comes, I'll teach our family ritual dance called Hinokami Kagura.)

Suddenly, for the first Taiyou's eyes open up, and the first thing he sees is his father for the first time. Seeing little Taiyou waking up, Tanjuro's eyes met his son's. His son has the same Maroon-Red eyes as he has. The baby stared at his father briefly, but then the little one giggled. Because of this, Tanjuro smiled at this.

But then, the father looked up at the sky as he felt a breeze hit him. His smile then disappeared from his lips.

Tanjuro: (Outside these walls is full of danger, chaos, and violence. But at the same time, it's full of beauty, adventures, and life itself. There's another world out there that hates the people living behind these walls and won't stop at nothing to destroy them. But they fear my family because of what we possess, and would change the world forever. And they will not stop at nothing to take it or kill us all. But I believe...)

Tanjuro looks at his son.

Tanjuro: (Hope is born, and peace will finally take its toll. The world will finally heal and put an end to evil once and for all. Taiyou, you will be just fine.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With Grisha Yeager...

After leaving the Tugikuni residence, Grisha was heading home. As he was walking, he took a right turn into the alleyway and stopped. He was standing until he dropped his bag as his eyes were shaking, almost like he was having PTSD. But it was. He wasn't seeing his memories but someone else's. He then sees a flash.

Mystery Person: Such disregard for human life, what's so amusing about this? So tell me, then? What is the weight of a human life to you? How could you ever forget?

When he heard those words from this memory, Grisha trembled down to his knees as he placed one of his hands on his head. He was breathing heavily and sweating. But he knows these aren't his memories. These are memories from the first Eldian King and Ymir Fritz, the first Titan shifter and Founding Titan. The man he saw was Yorrichi Tsugikuni, the first Sun Breathing user and the man who almost ended the power of the Titans and nearly killed The Eldian King.

When he was little, back where he came from, Grisha remembers a story of a marked warrior who almost ended the first Eldian King and nearly ended the power of the Titans. Even though his mission was to locate the Founding Titan and steal its power, he had another mission. And that mission was to find the Tsugikuni family and protect them at all costs. It's because they are the only family to wield such an extraordinary power that would or could have ended the Titan's curse once and for all. And peace would finally come to this world.

Grisha: (I have finally found them! Dina. Faye. You were right! They were here all along, here in Paradis. But that's not all. A newborn child is born from the Tsugikunis, and the child bears the same mark as Yoriichi. I believe history is going to repeat itself. This time... This time... things will be different, and all this bloodshed and violence will finally end. Taiyou, you will save us all from our sins. You will save us all.)

Continue...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
622K 31.5K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
911K 20.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.3M 56.9K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC