๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‹๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž...

By aviqnlo

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐Ž๐… ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ | Tara Raven a normal girl, or so she thinks. - Tara leads a pretty normal life... More

๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง !
โœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš
๐ˆ : ๐š ๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž
๐ˆ๐ˆ : ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ฆ๐ซ๐ฌ. ๐ƒ๐จ๐๐๐ฌ?
๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ : ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š ๐๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ ๐จ๐?
๐ˆ๐• : ๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐Ÿ-๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ฉ ?!
๐• : ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐ข๐๐จ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐œ๐ฒ
๐•๐ˆ : ๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š ๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ : ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐›๐ž๐ ๐ฎ๐ง
๐ˆ๐— : ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ž๐๐ฎ๐ฌ๐š๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฒ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ฌ
!Please read!
๐— : ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ก
!please read!
๐—๐ˆ : ๐š๐ง ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง?
Please read
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ : ๐š ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐›๐ฎ๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐›๐ฎ๐ซ๐ ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ
!!

๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ : ๐ฆ๐ž๐๐ฎ๐ฌ๐š๐ฌ ๐›๐š๐ฌ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ช๐ฎ๐ž

381 13 8
By aviqnlo

.☪︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖☁︎
" we are not our parents, until we choose to be. "
.☪︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖☁︎

The door opened, percy walked in, Grover and Tara behind him.

Medusa yelled from the kitchen. " you guys must be hungry! I left snacks on the table while I get something proper going. "

Grover and Tara quickly walked over to Percy.

Percy whispered. " you think it's safe to eat? "

Grover mumbled. " Percy, im not gonna lie to you, I'm really hungry and im ready to take that chance. "

Tara gazed at all the food. " me too.. "

The door opened behind them as annabeth walked in, staggering closer to them.

Percy looked at her. " thanks for coming. "

Annabeth looked confused. " this isn't the same for me as it is for you. "

Medusa started walking in the room, everyone quickly looked down.

Medusa must of heard annabeth as she spoke sweetly. " your concerned I would hold a grudge against you simply because you are a daughter of athena? " she smiled. " you shouldn't be. We're not our parents after all. And you and I might have more in common than you think. "

Medusa walked around, pouring lemonade in four glasses, five including hers.

She looked at the four. " please, sit and eat. "

Grover, Percy and Tara walked over to the seats, sitting down.

Annabeth didn't sit down, she just glared at the wall.

Tara looked at the food, grabbing some dessert quickly stuffing it in her mouth.

Percy spoke up. " if you're not a monster, what are you then? "

Medusa looked at him, smiling a little. " a survivor. "

Tara had an anxious smile on her face. " you must be a little more than that. " she said. " there's a fury out there that seems terrified of you. "

Medusa sighed. " because she knows what I think of her. " she turned around, walking to a chair sitting down. " I don't like bullies. When one shows up on my doorstep, they end up spending a lot more time there than they planned for. " she looked at the four. " the gift the gods gave me is that I cannot be bullied anymore. "

Medusa smiled as annabeth spoke up. " what my mother did to you wasn't a gift. It was a curse. " she sarcastically said.

Medusa stopped smiling. " you are loyal to your mother. "

Annabeth looked at the three. " yes. "

Medusa questioned. " you stand by her? "

Annabeth shrugged. " always. "

Medusa tilted her head. " you love her? "

Annabeth started to get annoyed. " of course I do. "

Medusa smiled. " and so did I. " she nodded, looking at the four. " Do you know the story of how I came to be this way? "

Grover raised his hand. " I do. "

Tara grabbed another treat. " so do I. "

Medusa tilted her head again. " do you? "

A bell tolled as Grover and Tara looked at each other, questioning in sync. " do I?.. "

Medusa grinned as she started speaking about her story. ( THIS PART MAY BE LONGER THEN EXPECTED BECAUSE THIS IS IMPORTANT TO THE STORY. ) " athena was everything to me. I worshipped her, I prayed to her. I made offerings.. she never answered. Not even an omen to suggest she appreciated my love. " she paused, looking at annabeth. " I wasn't like you, sweetheart. I was you. " she stopped smiling. " I would have worshipped her that way for a lifetime.. in silence. But then one day another god came, and he broke that silence. " she looked at percy. " your dad. The sea god told me that he loved me. I felt as though he saw me in a way I had never felt seen before. But then athena declared that I had embarrassed her and I needed to be punished. Not him. Me. She decided that I would never be seen again by anyone who would live to tell the tale. "

Annabeth stayed silent, looking confused before speaking up. " that isn't what happened. My mother is just, always. "

Medusa nodded. " the gods want you to believe that, that they are infallible. But they only want what all bullies want. They want us to blame ourselves for their own shortcomings. "

Annabeth growled. " that is not what happened. And you are a liar. "

Medusa paused, sitting back, sniffing the air a little. " somethings burning. " she sighed. " would you give me a hand in the kitchen? I think lunch is ready. "

She stood up, walking off.

Percy looked at the three, hesitant.

Annabeth shook her head as he slowly stood up, heading in the direction Medusa went.

Grover and Tara were smiling at each other, sharing snacks.

Annabeth spoke up. " Grover, Tara... " she looked at them weirdly. " get ready to run. "

Grover looked at Tara, shoving some random treat in his mouth.

Tara did the same, grabbing one of the rainbow swirls. " I'm sorry I'm just kinda hungry.. "

Grover hummed. " me too.. "

WITH PERCY

Percy walked closer to the kitchen, he heard something sizzling.

When he turned the corner, he saw Medusa, standing there coldly.

Percy stopped, looking at the back of her head. " she's not usually like that. " he paused, looking around. " I mean a little but that was a lot. "

Medusa interrupted him. " she's going to betray you. You and Tara. Sooner or later, people like her, they always do. "

Percy looked shocked. " I don't think she's like that. "

Medusa sighed. " then you will be an easy mark for her when the time comes. "

Percy walked a little closer to Medusa. " what do you care? "

Medusa didn't look at him. " your mother and I, are like sisters. Targeted by the same monster. So I find myself protective of you. "

Percy looked confused. " a monster? My mom never talked about my dad that way. "

Medusa placed the pan down. " where is she now, your mother? Is she safe? "

Percy looked hesitant. " no. She's not. "

Medusa kinda looked over her shoulder. " and do you trust your friends to help you make her safe? Will they let you make her safe if it concede with their quest? " Medusa looked around. " I could... help you remove them from the equation, so that you can be free of them. If you ask me to. "

It was all silent, Medusa stood there for a moment before turning around.

Percy was gone.

Medusa shook her head a little, slowly reaching her hands up and taking off the white hat. Letting her head full of snakes free.

She slowly sat down the hat, walking out of the kitchen.

WITH THE THREE

Percy had told them to run so they did, they had to find somewhere to hide so all four of them ran to the basement.

They stood huddled together as they heard footsteps approaching.

Tara breathed heavily, shaking.

Grover realized this and hugged her a little, trying to comfort her.

Suddenly the stairwell lit up in flames, slowly making its way down as other spots around the room started to light up in flames as well.

Percy slowly looked around, jumping when he saw a stone person.

Everyone looked in his direction, a horrified look on their face when they saw.

They all looked up, there was over hundreds of stone people, it's like she did it on a daily basis.

The door slammed shut as annabeth grabbed the three. " come on. " she whispered.

They all started to run a random direction, Grover stayed close to Tara.

They ran almost to the very back, if it even ended.

Grover spoke up. " there's four of us and only one of her. If we split up, she can't be watching us all at once. "

Annabeth looked at Grover. " I don't think it's that simple. "

Grover stopped them all. " it could be. " he continued. " here's the plan. I'll get in the air, draw her attention. As soon as you hear me say, ' maia. ' you guys start— " he started flying in the air, yelling. " oh boy! Okay, um.. " he started screaming. " off! Down! "

Everyone watched as he disappeared into the darkness.

Annabeth nodded. " so, we're gonna need a new plan. "

Suddenly a voice spoke up, it was Medusa. " we are not our parents, until we choose to be. "

The three looked at each other, starting to run.

Medusa growled. " you three have chosen. "

Tara looked confused. " I don't think my mother really talks to the gods but okay.. " she whispered to herself as they ran.

They all ran in different directions, splitting up.

Medusa spoke up again. " a daughter of a self-righteous mother, who chose self-righteousness for herself. " she paused, looking around.

Tara could hear footsteps coming closer, her voice sounded as cold as ice. " the son of a dad who only thinks of himself, you could have shown your dad what it means to stand up for someone you love. "

Medusa grinned a little. " and you, daughter of the most powerful goddess, whose mother doesn't even really care about her. what a pity.. "

Medusa sighed. " if neither of you three will help teach these lessons... perhaps you should be the lessons.. When I ship your statues to Olympus.. maybe that will get my point across even better. "

Medusa spotted someone's shadow, as she stood, watching. " stand up. "

Tara breathed heavily, she was scared out of her mind as the footsteps came closer. " let's have a look at you. "

Tara suddenly got grabbed as she shut her eyes, getting pulled up towards medusas face.

Medusa grinned. " oh open your eyes, I hear they're as beautiful as the blue moon.. even as beautiful as the Galaxy. "

Tara squeezed her eyes shut, as medusas snakes touched her face.

Tara shrank back a little, scared.

Suddenly a yelling erupted. " don't touch Tara! "

Grover flew past them, flying into a stone statue.

Suddenly annabeth appeared, putting her hat on Medusa as she disappeared, Annabeth yelled. " percy! Now! "

Percy appeared now as Medusa dropped Tara, he swung. Aiming for air. They all heard it slice through. They also heard her body hit the floor.

Percy sighed, walking towards where the body fell.

Tara panted, opening her eyes, walking over to Grover. " Grover, are you okay? " she kneeled down to his level.

Grover looked at her, his eyes looked dazed. " did you say something?.. "

Tara grinned a little, helping him up.

Annabeth was watching the two, she had a look on her face.

Tara looked at her. " what? " she said.

Annabeth shrugged. " oh nothing.. "

Tara side eyed her as they all walked towards Percy.

Percy picked up something invisible, grunting.

Tara guessed it was her head.

Grover sighed. " oh man.. "

Annabeth looked at him. " you found it? "

Percy stood up, looking at the three. " hope so. "

FEW MINUTES LATER

Percy and annabeth was walking into the dining room as annabeth spoke up. " want me to take it from here? "

Percy sighed. " no, no, I got it. "

Annabeth looked at him. " just make sure it's pointing in the right direction.. before you take my hat off. "

Percy nodded. " good tip. "

They both stared at each other for a moment before percy spoke up. " my hands are kinda.. full. "

Annabeth shook her head, trying to get out of her thoughts. " of course. "

She opened the door.

WITH GROVER AND TARA

They both sat in the in the basement, staring silently at the roof.

Grover looked over at the people that got turned to stone. " I wonder what happened to them and how they got here. "

Tara looked between him and the people. " well.. i don't know. Hopefully they were worth turning to stone. " she looked a little scared as she looked at them.

Grover gazed at tara, nodding slowly.

Tara looked at Grover, she saw him quickly look away.

Grover spotted a familiar someone as his face turned pale.

WITH PERCY AND ANNABETH AGAIN

He walked out, sighing.

Annabeth slowly closed the door, watching him, she had a look of worry and a mix of something else in her eyes.

Percy slowly walked towards Alecto as she began to fly at him, he took the hat off, Alecto quickly turning to stone.

Percy stepped back, putting the hat back on medusas head.

FEW MINUTES LATER

Percy and annabeth walked into the basements while tara was speaking to Grover. " Grover, what's wrong? "

Grover sighed a reply. " uncle Ferdinand. "

Percy looked at the stone person. " oh no.. "

Annabeth looked at him sadly. " Grover, I'm so sorry. "

Grover nodded, shrugging. " this is as far as he got on his quest. We aren't even to Trenton. But look at him. " he chuckled softly, slowly tearing up. " he's not like the other, he.. he doesn't look afraid. "

Tara looked at Grover, a sympathetic look in her eyes. " come here Grover. " she opened her arms.

Grover looked at her as he hesitantly walked over to her, hugging her as a tear fell from his eyes.

Tara rubbed his head, hugging him tightly.

Grover cleared his throat, stepping back. Everyone saw that his face was a little red as he spoke, stuttering. " you used the, um.. you used the head to get rid of Alecto? "

Percy had a confused look on his face as annabeth and him looked at each other with a knowing kinda look. " yeah. " he replied to Grover.

Tara noticed them, giving them a confused look.

Grover looked down. " good. " he paused. " that was the right move. " he rubbed his eyes. " uh, we probably should get going. It'll be dark soon. "

Percy nodded, turning around. " but what are we gonna do with the head? I just took down a fury with it, and I wasn't even trying. "

Everyone looked at him as he continued. " we can't just leave it for someone to find. " he paused. " leave the hat on and bury it in the basement. That oughta keep it safe. "

Everyone looked at annabeth, they knew it was her hat as she spoke up. " sure. " she looked a little sad. " now, can we talk about the bigger issue here? " the sad look turned to a sassy look.

Percy scoffed a little. " what bigger issue? "

Annabeth mocked the words of Medusa. " ' you could have saved your mother. ' that's what she said to you, like you discussed it already. Is your mother still alive? "

They walked behind tara and Grover, percy sassily said. " she's with hades. " he nodded. " but I appreciate your concern. "

Tara looked behind herself. " guys, just please stop. "

They didn't even look her way as annabeth continued. " oh, I'm concerned. what are you actually doing on this quest? And why do I have to hear about this from medusa. "

Percy growled. " okay, while we're at it, ' you should have accepted my offer? ' what's that about do you think? And why did we have to hear it from Alecto? "

Grover quickly turned around, shouting. " enough! " he caught the attention of everyone, making tara jump a little as he continued. " the hat was a gift from her mother. It's the only thing she's ever possessed that connects them. That oughta matter to you. "

Percy sighed. " okay, but how are we gonna make sure this thing is safe? "

Grover raised his voice a little. " I'm not up to that yet. " Grover looked at annabeth. " and you, really? His mom's alive. Can you imagine how confusing that must be for him? Feeling like he may have to choose between the fate of the world and the fate of the only person who's ever cared about him? "

Annabeth looked shocked. " why are you talking like this? "

Grover sighed, frustrated. " because all day, me and tara have been trying to keep this quest on track without upsetting either of you. " he exhaled. " but maybe things need to get a little upsetting before they move forward. " he paused looking at percy. " she asked you a question back in the woods, and you never really answered. what are you so afraid of? "

Percy raised his voice a bit. " what are you talking about? "

- " you heard me. "

Tara looked a little stunned at how Grover was talking, but she felt proud.

Percy looked shocked. " I don't know. "

Grover tilted his head. " I think you do. " he nodded. " you've been fighting with her, you've been fighting with me, you've even been fighting with tara. "

Percy interrupted him. " because the oracle said one of you would betray me. Okay? " he sighed. " ' you shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend, and you shall fail to save what matters most in the end. 'that's the rest of what she said to me. I chose annabeth because I couldn't imagine we'd ever be friends. And I chose you and tara because I thought if I can count on anyone to be on my side, no matter what, it was you two. And now, I'm feeling so.. alone. " he looked at the three. " I don't know what to think or who to trust. "

Everyone went silent, looking at each other.

Annabeth took a deep breath.

Percy looked at her. " I didn't mean it that way. "

Annabeth shook her head. " Alecto offered to help our quest if I gave you two up to her. "

Percy looked confused. " what did you say? "

Annabeth tilted her head a little. " when the fury attacked Tara, I killed her. That was her sister. "

Percy nodded, hesitating. " Medusa offered to help me save my mom if I turned on the three of you. "

Annabeth looked confused this time, gazing at him. " and what'd you say?.. " she whispered the last part.

Percy looked back before turning to annabeth. " I cut off her head. "

Grover looked at the three. " you didn't choose to be demigods. We didn't choose this quest.. but we can decide that as long as the four of us are together, none of us are gonna be alone. " he looked at tara, his gaze softening before he looked back up at percy and annabeth, continuing. " and if we can't do that, we might as well just head back to camp right now. Cause we won't make it. "

Percy nodded, looking at annabeth. " I think I've got a better idea what to do with this. " he grinned a little.

hii author here! Sorry I haven't posted I've been sick and a little busy as well. I hope this chapter was okay lol. Please vote and comment some ideas I can put in the next chapter, I would appreciate it!! Thank you for the votes I've already gotten! There may be spelling mistakes, please ignore them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 10.7K 200
"Don't kill me, just help me run away from everyone. I need a place to stay where i can cover up my face. Don't cry; I am just a freak." In which a m...
372 6 7
Emily Jackson, the not as famous, yet over-protective, sister of the famous Percy Jackson. When Emily was 18 and Percy was 12, their lives changed w...
4.6K 65 16
Y/n L/n was your ordinary eleven year old girl. Well...if you can be ordinary when you have ADHD and dyslexia and are a demigod . Join her on all of...