His Gift

By varian_alisha

"I Love you but it's okay" ~Kenziah "I wish I could tell you how much I love you Ray." ~Arif ##*Arranged Marr... More

Welcome
1 | The Big No
2 | The Walker Family
3 | Mr. Mafia?
4 | The Meeting
5 | Angry Mother's.
6 | The Yes
8 | Baby Face
9 | Through a file?
10 | Why?
11 | Friends
12 | Good And Bad Things
13 | Panic attack
14 | DÉJÀ VU

7 | The First Day

42 14 14
By varian_alisha

*Narration*

She got out of the car after him and stood in front of a big mansion. It was really huge that screamed money. She was not able to take her eyes off that mansion, it was really very big.

She was so amazed by the beauty of the it that she didn't even realize how long he had been gone, leaving her at the door.

She came out of her dazè when a guard asked her to hand over her luggage. She blinked her eyes and looked around to see that her husband was nowhere to be seen. She was about to ask the guard but before she could say anything he said.

"Sir, Is am on an important call ma'am. Please come, I will show you around." To which she smiled awkwardly and went after the guard.

The mansion was more beautiful from the inside, but she decided that at least she won't stare at it now. She quietly followed the guards until they were in front of a wooden door.

The guard left her there with her suitcase. She heaved a sigh and looked around, there was no one there except her. She opened the door. It was a big room with expensive furniture inside.

Fucking Billionaire

She thought and walked inside, dragging her suitcase with her.

She kept her suitcase in a corner and took off her night clothes from it and sat on the bed, when someone entered the room.

As soon she took off her shoes, she looked up and saw that a bare back was in front of her.

"Aaahhh" she screamed holding her eyes so loudly that Arif had to turn around.

"Why are you shouting?" He gritted his teeth at her. As he stopped drying his hair and looked at her. He turned his eyes towards Kenziah and saw her holding her eyes.

"Why are you naked?" She asked back still in the same position.

"Oh come on. I'm not naked. I still have towel on." he rolled his eyes, pointing to the towel on his lower back, while she shook her head in denial.

"Put something on." she heard him sigh

"Okay I did" She peeked through her fingers and saw him in his shirt.

She quickly got up and went inside the bathroom while he walked out of the room. She changed her clothes and washed her hair.

During this time she is unable to stop thinking about Arif's behavior towards her. He was rude to her from day one. She had noticed it but ignored it.

She wondered what she had done to make him behave so rudely with her.

Did I make a mistake by saying yes to this relationship

She thought but quickly pushed that thought back, and came out of the bathroom.

He was nowhere to be found.

She just sat on the big sofa with the mobile in her hand and waited for him to come back. She waited, waited and waited. But he never came.

"This was supposed to be our first night, where are you?" She mumbled and fell asleep in an uncomfortable position.

***

Kenziah's POV

I woke up as my alarm went off. I abruptly got up from the bed and stared at the unfamiliar room.

But wait as far as I remember I slept on the that damn couch so how come I am waking up in bed?

Did he? I thought.

But where was he. I didn't saw him since last night.

One think was for sure that he came last night and....

Maybe he put me on the bed.

I blushed at the thought of him carrying me to our bed.

Aishh.

I covered my face with my hands. As was feeling so shy. Last night was our first night.

Did we?

My eyes widened at the thought. Did I just lost my v-card without even remembering anything.

I looked down to find myself in the same clothes as yesterday. I pouted in disappointment.

So we didn't do that?

How dumb you can be you were sleepy last night not drunk. My subconscious spoke.

I rolled my eyes at myself and made the bed before walking towards bathroom.

I showered and walked in my new wardrobe took my bag and settled my clothes before putting my regular full sleeved black top with blue jeans. I walked downstairs with my phone.

When I walked in the there were two girls cooking something there. One maid was giving me a disgusted look.

I frowned what did I do to her. As if she understood what she was doing she covered her face with fake smile and came to me.

"What will you like to have for breakfast mam?" she asked in extra sweet voice I almost cringed at that.

"Nothing, I will help myself." I told her

"Suits yourself. " she whispered but I hear her. She walked back in kitchen while I went back to checking my phone again

There was not a single call or not any message from anyone. I frowned I mean Everyday I woke with atleast one 3 missed calls from Dr. Smith and lots of emergency massages. But why not today.

I got up and looked around to find now that two maids looking at me with an unknown type of irritation in thier eyes.

Huh why are they looking at me with such emotion?

I did nothing wrong to them. I wanted to ask them about my dear husband but I just kept my mouth shut.

I sat down on the couch again not knowing what to do. I was being super bored when the main door opened and a man in blue shirt and simole jeans walked in with lots of file in his hand.

I remember him from our wedding day. from his behavior it looked like he was so close to Arif.

While he was coming he stumbled on his feet and I ran to him and grasped on the files. holding some of the files I kept them on coffee table. While he himself sat on the couch catching his breath.

"Bring him a glass of water." I said to the maid and that man looked at me ashtnoed and got up from the couch as if he realized something.

"I am sorry Mrs. Hemsworth I didn't see it was you. "

"No problem. You were carrying so much files and were definitely tired it's totally OK." I assured him and he just stared at me as if I've grown two heads.

A maid came and handed him a glass of water. He took it and gulped the water.

"Bring some fruits for him and me." I told that maid while she stood there.

"You know Mrs. Hemsworth you should ask me who am I before helping me." He said putting the glass in tray and she walked away

"Well I should but you see this Mansion has more security that a bank so if guards didn't stop you so it is confirmed that they know you and besides I saw you in my wedding ceremony." I told him while he just smiled at me.

"Why don't you sit here." I told him gesturing towered the couch opposite to mine,"and tell me your name."

"Ohh sorry Mrs.Hemsworth I am Jayden Mr. Hemsworth's P.A" He said sitting on the couch

"Well you see Jayden you don't need to call me Mrs.Hemsworth Kenziah will be fine."

"umm a..umm" he stumbled on his words.

"What is umm and hmm?" I asked him

"Mam, you see um..you are my boss's wife it wouldn't be appreciated." he scratched his neck and I shook my head.

"ohh so that's the problem?" I asked and he nodded,"So why don't we start with beginning. "

"Beginning.?"

"Yeah," I said forwarding my hand to him," Hey Jayden I am Kenziah, Hope we can be friends?"

"Friends?" It wasn't Jayden it was the same maid who was looking at me with disgusted look sometime ago but this time it was surprise on her face.

"Yeah friends" I stated now forwarding my hand towards her but before she will able to hold it another maid held my hand and shaked it so many times.

"Hey that was for me Maya." First one whined and I just looked between them.

"So what she didn't denied mine." second one, Maya I guess shot back still holding my hand," And Mrs. Hemsworth I will be your friend, really wanted to know how it feels like to have a billionaire as friend."

"I am not a billionaire but just a mere doctor." I smiled at her goofiness .

"Still" both replied in a whisper

"Enough girls leave her alone" Jayden said and they composed their posture.

"Well mam we bring you something delicious till then have some fruits." First one said, "I am Mia By way."

I nodded she disappeared in the kitchen while Maya followed her.

"Well ma'am, I need to get the boss to sign these files. Is he awake yet?" I was shocked when Jayden asked me.

He was asking me about him and I didn't have any slightest of the idea where he was. I smiled awkwardly at him as he waited for an answer.

Oh God, what will he think that I don't even know where my husband is.

That would be very embarrassing. My foolish subconscious had to say something in between.

"Umm actually Jayden...that about.. Mr. Hem--" Just as I was shuttering pathetically, someone cut me off.

"Yes Jayden I'm wide awake." I turned my head to see the source of the voice. And there stood my dear husband like a Greek god in his office clothes.

I must say that those Armani suits were made for him, especially the gray ones. His hair was perfectly combed and one hand was in his packet while the other hand was holding the phone. While coming down the stairs he dialed someone's number.

I looked at myself and then at him. He was looking very handsome like a model and I was looking like a school girl. I pouted.

"Take it back to the office, I'll be there in half an hour." he told him gesturing towards pile of files and Jayden nodded. I didn't even realize when he stood up from his seat.

He was all set to take the files but I stopped him.

"Wait Jayden, you didn't take anything, at least eat some fruit." I told him and he became silent.

"Next time Mam." He said and took the files again, this time Mia helped him with the files as he walked out the door.

I turned and looked at my husband who was now sitting in front of me and was busy with his phone

"Umm...where were you last night?" I asked him very nervously.

I didn't know what was wrong with me. It's not like we've never met or talked before. I almost snapped on him during our first meeting. On our second meeting he almost pinned me against the wall. And for God's sake we were married.

Stop being so nervous Ken. I scolded myself.

"In my room." He replied still looking at his phone, while one of the maids handed him, his office bag.

"In your room? You mean the room I was in?" I asked him.

"Yes, that's my room."

"But I didn't see you," I whispered when he finally looked up and I continued,"Don't mind, Mr. Hemsworth, but it's just that I didn't see you anywhere, so I asked."

"And why do you think I will answer?" he said with a frown.

That frown looked cute.

Stop it my subconscious scolded.

Oops, but I can't help.

He actually looked cute.

"Because I asked." I restrained myself from saying 'Because I'm your wife' I don't know why but I felt he wouldn't like this answer.

"You were fast asleep until I came back," he said, rising from his seat and adjusting his suit, "And one more thing, Doctor, this is Arif for you." he said before walking out of the door.

I just kept looking towards the door from where he left.

So then we're on a first name basis?

Well this is a great start. I thought.

Hmm. So for me it's Arif now.

----------------

"I can't believe you didn't needed me all day, Smith." I said in a surprised tone, while he just chuckled on the other side. It was night time now and I was in the hall of this huge mansion.

After Arif went to office, Maya and Mia served me delicious food. After that Maya gave me a tour of a mansion. The mansion was very big. It had 7 bedrooms along with a library, a gym and a small playroom. The interior design was very beautiful. But my favorite part of this mansion was the game room. It was so cool.

After that I called mom and Ash. Ash bombarded me with her questions and I told her honestly. There was really nothing to hide.

I assured her that things would eventually work out. And now I got a call from Dr. Darian Smith. Who was telling me how he can handle everything on his own and in fact I am the one who spoiled him.

"Honestly Walker, I did well today without your help. I think I can even replace you in a few days." He said seriously.

"In your dreams, thay will happen only in your dreams." I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

"I would hope that dream comes true soon." he laughed and said, "How are you?" He asked in a very serious tone.

"What with the sudden change in tone, Mister?" I asked

"I just remembered that I'm the elder and my younger one is married now, so I have to make sure her partner is treating her well." He said and I was amazed by his tone yet again.

"But Smith, you didn't ask how my partner was treating me, you asked how I was." I corrected him.

"Thats the same thing." He objected.

"Well I am good."

"Thats good to hear" We continued talking and said goodbye after some time. I got up and went to the kitchen. Mia and Maya were cooking. They both turned towards me and smiled.

"Do you want anything, ma'am?" Maya asked.

"Yes water." I stood near the fridge, "Can I open it?" I asked

They looked surprised.

"Wh..what?" Mia started stammering.

"I mean can I open this fridge? I need some cold water." I asked again.

"Why are you asking?" Maya was surprised and said, "I mean, this is your house now and everything is yours here, even the fridge. You don't have to ask."

"Oh kay." I said, opening the fridge and taking out a bottle.

"You should have called someone, they would have bought it for you." Maya said, I poured some water and drank it.

Ah cold water. Heaven.

"I know but its just water I don't like to order around for little things. And asking about opening the fridge is because in our home Aunt Martha wouldn't let me or brother touch the refrigerator in the evening." I explained.

"According to her, we will damage her fridge or leave it open and it will damage the vegetables. She is very positive about his fridge."

"This is strange logic." Maya said putting the water bottle back in the fridge.

"I know right." When they got back to cooking, I sat on the tool, "Aunt Martha was always like that."

"But she is your aunt, your relative so she can stop you." Mia said while stirring the spoon in the pan, "But we are just maids, we can't stop you."

"Aunt Martha is not my relative." I told her, "She is also a maid, it is a different matter that she is much better than all the relatives."

"What?" Maya stopped cooking and looked at me, "You mean this lady Martha is your house maid and she doesn't let you or your brother touch your fridge?"

I nodded.

"And you let her?" He asked with a surprised expression.

I nodded again.

"Are you really the Billionaire's daughter?" Mia asked this.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean I worked in Billionaire's families and all the girls are like spoiled brats and treated us maids as trash" she said hesitantly before continuing,"l..I thought you are also same."

"But as soon as you extended your hand of friendship to Jayden, I knew that you were different from all those girls." Maya said

"Please forgive us for our behavior." they said in unison.

"Oh never mind. Some things happen to us that force us to look at everything from the same perspective. I can understand" I said placing my hand on her hands.

"Anyway let's talk about something else? " I asked to which they nodded.

"So what are we making for dinner?"

"I'm making some pancakes and Maya has already ordered steak and potatoes," Mia said as she poured the pancake batter onto the pan.

"Why from outside?" I asked I mean why go out when you can make this simple thing at home.

Then why waste money and put your health at risk?

"Well sir, don't like homemade."

"Why so?"

"Sno--" as Mia was saying something when Maya intrupted.

"He is just like that we don't know why."

"When will Arif return?" I asked

"9 o'clock" Maya said

"Hmm so we have 3 hours from now."

"That's more than enough," I said, looking at the time on my phone. It was just 7:30.

"Umm...but ma'am we...we have to leave before 8 o'clock." Maya hesitated, "I mean we won't get a bus after that."

"It's absolutely fine, I can make it myself. Just tell me where the ingredients are and then you can go and yes don't forget to cancel the order."

She nodded.

while Mia placed all the things I needed to make steak and potatoes on the kitchen counter.

"I've cancelled the order. we are heading back home. We will come tomorrow at 6 o'clock." I was busy cooking when Mia came in the door and said

I shook my head and both of them smiled as they were gone the next minute.

-----
How easy it is to make steak and potatoes, and in so little time. But still Arif orders from outside.

Rich People. my inner self spoke

I glanced at myself before sitting down at the dining table.

Right now I have cooked everything, and the time was only 8:30.

One more hour? By then all this food will be coldShould I tell Arif to come early today?

No. No. How can I just tell him to come early today?

What should I do?

I was engrossed in my thoughts when the front door opened and here came my handsome husband.

But wait? How did he come early?

Stop talking to yourself and wish him an evening you idiot. my subconscious has to mock me

yes yes yes! what should i say? I asked myself.

Good evening? Inner voice replied

That sounds perfect

"Good evening Mr. Hemsworth."

He looked at me a little surprised and then his expression changed as if he realized something. he looked at the dining table set with all the dishes.

He sighed.

"Good evening, doctor." He said before walking up the stairs.

He's going you have to stop him. my subconscious said

oh yes i have to stop

"I'll be back in 10 minutes, doctor."

He said before I could say anything.

----

After 10 minutes we sat in silence eating. Exactly 10 minutes later he came back in sweatpants and a round-neck T-shirt. He looked good in that.

He looks good in everything.

While he was eating his steak, I looked at him to observe his expression. After the first bite he looked at the steak and I paused.

Does it taste bad?

He kept eating again and I couldn't understand his expressions. So I just stared at him to understand his expressions.

Then suddenly he stopped his hand mid-stride, placed the fork on the plate and looked at me with raised eyebrows.

He nodded his head questioningly and I shook my head in 'No'

"Then why are you looking at me like that." and I shook my head again, "You want something off my plate?" he asked pointing to his plate

"No not at all." I said dismissively.

"By the way, you have made this well." He said while chewing his food.

"H...how do you know?" I stammered.

"It tastes different." He shrugged, looking down at his food and my eyes widened at that.

Different? What does he mean by different? In a good way or in a bad way? As soon as I looked at him, worry appeared on my face. Maybe cooking for him was a bad idea. I shouldn't do this--

"It tastes better than ever." his voice drew my attention back to him.

He was still looking down at his plate and I was still looking at him. As soon as I realized this, I looked away and started eatinh.

I took first bite and yes it was good.

Afterall I used mom's special recipe for this.

"Don't do that next time." He muttered so lowly, I wouldn't have been able to hear him had it not been for the pin-drop silence between us.

"Sorry what?" I looked at him in confusion. He liked the food but he doesn't want me to do it next time, why?

"I said next time don't cook for me or wait for me." He said, his tone cold.

"Why?"

"Just don't do that next time." This time he gritted his teeth and I furrowed my eyebrows.

Why does he always do this? Gritting his teeth at me?

"Why not? You just said that you liked the food and it tasted even better. And suddenly you are saying that I will neither cook nor wait for you." I took a deep breath before continuing,

"Why? Why are you being like this?"

"Look, Kenziah, these are things that normal couples do. Cooking, waiting." he looked at me and said, "And we're anything but a normal couple? We're not a normal couple."

He was right though we were not a normal couple. It was an arranged marriage which happened suddenly due to his mother's wish. This is nothing but an arrangement on his part and he doesn't know that I love him. So maybe he thinks I see this marriage the same way he does.

But how does he see this marriage?

I know we're not a normal couple but we might as well be. This is not a 4-5 month dating or relationship. For God's sake it was marriage, we can make it work.

"I know Arif," I said his name to him for the first time since we met, "but we can make it work if we want."

"We can not do." he sighed before rubbing his hand on his face.

"I need some time, Kenziah." he whispered.

"Ofcourse." I observed him.

He was no longer eating, he was sitting there with his hands on the table, another one was pinching his temples. He looked a little stressed about something. Like he wanted to say something but couldn't.

"Take your time Arif" I placed my hand on his and he looked at me this time, "I know you aren't ready and we got married in a hurry. And you need time. Take it as much as you want. Whenever you are ready, you will find me sitting here on this table with this steak and potatoes."

I don't know where that confidence came from but it came and I said these words.He smiled, very little but smiled.

"You are something else, Doctor" he said getting up and I just kept looking at him.

"Arif?" I saw him walking upstairs and called out.

"Good night kenziah." He placed his hand on her shoulder and said, "Don't take much time and go to sleep."

While I just smiled seeing him retreating.

I will not do Arif. It is you who is taking the time.

But no worries I will wait. It doesn't matter how long it takes.

--------------

Well. I am ten days late but

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AYODHYA"

ayodhya_02

----------------
And my dear readers.

I am asking this for the first time
how was the chapter?
Please tell me

.•°•.
Next update on 18th feb

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 2.1K 35
° Book 1 of Made of Each Other Series°~ "I'm not your bloody thing Raghav, I'm your wife will you stop questioning me about my whereabouts and believ...
131K 10.2K 17
♡Book one in Destiny series♡ **If you are interested in cute and romantic story line then this the exact story** "Don't think that you married me and...
4K 408 40
He'd gone beyond his player ways for her. She'd grown beyond her traumatic past for him. Together, their love was beyond. Until one fatal accident. _...
61 0 8
A princess. A chosen one. A marriage to the cruel king of the enemy kingdom. If this were a fairytale, it could be the premise of a perfect love stor...