Purple Thunder | A Jayden Shi...

By _readablestories215

Tawny Bartley has lived in the Shiba house since she was 6 years old after her parents died from fighting off... More

Info ~ please read
Origins, Part 1
Origins, Part 2
The Team Unites
Deal with a Nighlok
Day Off
A Fish out of Water
There go the Brides
I've Got a Spell on Blue
Forest of the Trees
Test of the Leader
Jayden's Challenge
Unexpected Arrival
Room for One More
A/n
The Blue and The Gold
Team Spirit Part 1
~ A/n ~

Sticks and Stones

243 8 3
By _readablestories215

As Jayden and I stood behind the side lines, we watched as Mike and Emily fought while Kevin and Mia fought as well. Emily is a strong woman, but she's so kind-hearted. There is nothing wrong with being Kind-hearted, but if we're fighting a Nighlok she can't take him down and try to help him back up. It just doesn't make sense.

Emily took down Mike in an instant, "Emily is usually the one falling over, but it's different when she has a sword in her hand." Ji says so only me and Jayden could hear.

"Maybe she could teach Mike a few things." Jayden joked.

I laughed under my breath before Emily started saying, "Did you hurt yourself? Let me see!"

"No thanks! I'm fine!" Mike answered. Emily literally chased him inside the house trying to look at Mike's wound.

10 minutes later, Kevin, Mia, Emily, Mike and I are all sitting down taking a break.

Emily comes in and offers Mike a pack of Frozen Peas, "Here you go!"

"Frozen Peas?" Mike asked with frightful eyes.

I lift an eyebrow noticing his eyes full of fear, "It's like an ice pack! I was accident prone when I was a kid. And it always healed me right up! Let me!"

Mike  ran away while Emily Chased him, "You really should! Mike!!"

Mike didn't listen. He is such a child, "Come on it'll help you feel better!" Emily suddenly tripped on another pack of peas.

"Emily! Are you okay?" Mia asked worriedly.

"They're everywhere! I'm such a disaster!" Emily claims as Mia helps wipe off her face that has frozen peas stuck to it.

"No you're not, you were doing a nice thing." Mia comforts.

"Yes she was." I say with a sincere tone moving my death-stare towards Mike. He met my angry eyes for a second but looked down in slight fear.

"I'm so sorry." Mike apologized.

"No it was all my fault. I was being silly." Emily said taking the blame, "I'm always messing things up, I'm sorry! I'll clean it up!"

Emily got on all four's then started helping out only making her slip on the open frozen pack of peas..again.

"Not again.." Emily cried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Emily went to the kitchen to clean herself up, I reprimanded Mike.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I whisper-yelled so Emily wouldn't hear me.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Emily was trying to do a nice thing, and all you did was screw everything up!" I lectured.

"I said I'm sorry." He stated leaning backwards as I towered over him.

"You didn't mean it! Don't think I didn't see that smile on your face after Emily slipped!" I confronted him, "So you are going to march into that kitchen and apologize, Sincerely!"

Mike sighed and got himself up then marched up to the kitchen to apologize to Emily.

"He can be so childish sometimes." I say after he leaves.

"Mhm." Kevin and Mia hummed at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Mike apologized to Emily I decided that this was the perfect time to have a talk with Emily. Me and her never got the chance to have a conversation together. At least not alone. 

I slowly approached her then softly greeted myself, "Hey."

Emily was sitting on a high chair in the kitchen doing nothing. Probably thinking about random stuff.

She jumped to the sound of my voice, "Oh, hey."

"You okay?" I asked leaning against the counter right across from her. I placed my elbows onto the counter to hold myself steady as I talk.

"Yeah." She answered not even looking at me.

"Emily. Don't lie to me." I told her.

She sighed, "No."

I raised an eyebrow before speaking, "You wanna talk about it?"

She looked up at me, meeting my eyes. My eyes were genuine. After 11 years of hearing Jayden rant to me about everything, I'm honestly very good with advice. 

"It's just-" She paused for a moment, "I feel like I ruin everything. I know Mike told me to stop talking down on myself, but I can't help it."

"Well Mike's right." I answered, "You will ruin something if you keep overthinking."

She moved her eyes down in realization. 

"Look at yourself." I told her, "You are a Wonderful girl. I mean you play the flute, You have such a cheerful and kind personality, and you are a Samurai Power Ranger! Why would you want to talk about yourself so negatively?"

She doesn't answer to that for a second, "I....I don't know."

"You see, the reason why you don't know is because you listen to what others call you. You can't listen to them. YOU are The Yellow Samurai Power Ranger. So that means YOU can break their neck in a heartbeat. They can suck it because they don't know what they're talking about." I confront her, "The reason why I am the way I am today is because I spent years of not listening to Ji. He eventually gave up and let me do whatever I want."

Emily laughed at the last part of my lecture.

"But you aren't me. So I highly doubt that you'd break someone's neck. So, if someone says something to you just act like they didn't say anything at all." I said softly. 

Emily slowly nodded her head, "Yeah. I understand."

I smiled at that then stood up straight. I walked towards the door that leads to the Hallway, "Tawny?" I heard Emily call my name.

"Hmm?" I answered turning back to face her.

"Thanks." She said.

I smiled, "You're welcome."

I walked out, and went to my room to change out of these sweaty training clothes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was about 30 minutes after I had a talk with Emily, I hear a loud siren sound. The gap sensor. For the love of Christ, could you please give me a break?

I flung open my door, and run to the map room. I take a quick peek to where the Nighlok is at. 

"Let's go!" I hear Jayden yell behind me. I follow him as the team follow behind me. 

"Samuraizer! Go go Samurai!" The team and I chant in unison. A second later we transformed into our Ranger Suits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jayden jumped into action after I saw an old man jump out of his car. Jayden swung his sword at the Nighlok, but the Nighlok was fast enough to dodge Jayden's swing. 

"Samurai Rangers?! Why are you here?! I've been saying all the wrong things right!" The Nighlok yelled.

"Talkin' smack about people is not cool!" Mike exclaimed.

"I know something about you! Your bike had training wheels until you were 10!" The Nighlok insulted again. Mike went flying back into a high wall.

"Mike!"

"Oh no!"

"Mike, are you okay?!" Emily asked worriedly kneeling beside the injured Ranger.

"What did you say to him?!" Mia asked as if it was a threat.

"And you blue ranger! You're just boring!" The Nighlok insulted Kevin. Also sending Kevin flying back into an even higher wall than the wall Mike was sent into.

Mia swung her sword at the Nighlok, but the Nighlok dodged every swing.

"Lousy cook!" I heard the Nighlok insult. Mia was sent flying back into a slightly lower wall than what the other boys were sent into.

"I don't get how he's sending everyone flying! All he's doing is saying mean things!" Emily stood up beside Mike.

"Keep your guard up. This ones tricky!" Jayden stated.

"Come on! What tricks? I'm just telling the truth! My motto is, if the truth hurts..Excellent!" The Nighlok teased, "You're a red face liar liar pants on fire! You've got a secret!"

I was standing behind Jayden when he was sent flying back. So when Jayden was sent back, he crashed into me making me fly back as well.

"Looks like we're down to you!" The Nighlok laughed.

"Your words won't phase me! Jayden's got nothing to hide!" Emily defended, "You're just a mean mouth monster spouting nothing but Nonsense!"

"Nonsense? If my words weren't true, they wouldn't hurt like they do. Here's a word that'll send you flying!" The Nighlok started, "Airhead!"

Emily wasn't effected by the Nighlok, "Maybe I didn't say it loud enough."

Emily continued to swing her sword as the Nighlok kept calling her name, "Why can't he hurt her?" I heard Mike ask.

"This'll do the trick! Everyone loves to tease you!" The Nighlok tried insulting again. 

Emily wasn't effected. She continued to swing her sword at the Nighlok until he gave up and seeped through a crack in a vent back to the Netherworld. He'll most likely be back later.

"Go ahead and run you loudmouth!" Emily threatened. 

Jayden limped beside me on my right, and wrapped his hand under my left arm so he could help me walk. The rest of the Rangers limped as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That Nighlok is a bully. He likes to hurt people's feelings. He channels mental pain and turns it into physical pain." Ji said.

"He caught me off guard. It won't work again." Mia assured us.

"Listen, I may have had training wheels. But I didn't need them." Mike stated.

"I'm a good cook, right?" Mia asked.

I didn't say anything but the others lied and said, "Yeah" because they didn't want to hurt her feelings like how the Nighlok did.

"Am I boring to you guys?" Kevin jumped in.

"Kev, you're not boring." I assured him.

"You're extremely disciplined and orderly, Kevin. It's a great quality for a Samurai." Jayden explained.

"Yeah, you're right. It is." Kevin scoffed in relief, and agreed.

"Emily was the only one who wasn't effected. He knew exactly how to hurt us. Why couldn't he hurt her?" Mike asked.

"Perhaps Emily has some special Power." Ji answered.

"It's nothing great like that. I was teased and called names as a kid. It made me sad." Emily started, "But Tawny taught me to just pretend like the person Teasing me didn't say anything at all. And it really worked. So when the Nighlok said those things to me, it was like he didn't even say them!"

"Then why are you always putting yourself down? It makes no sense." Mike asked, "Unless it's what you really think about yourself."

"Mike!" I yell his name. 

"I know but.." Emily muttered speechless.

"Mike.." Kevin breathed out, disappointed.

"I'm sorry. I..." Emily then runs out of the room. 

"Mike! The Nighlok can't hurt her feelings, but you can!" Mia stated the obvious.

"Yeah, are you stupid? Like what is wrong with you!" I agreed, harshly.

"Tawny." Jayden said my name like I'm taking it too far.

"What?!" I say not caring if I was taking it too far. 

My blood was boiling. 

How could Mike be so Careless?!

"Calm down." Jayden said looking me in the eyes. I gazed into his blue eyes, and it's like my blood was settling. It's like my Anger Evaporated into thin air or something.

I took in a deep breath, "Fine." I mutter so only Jayden could hear. 

A little later, there was a Nighlok attack. 

(Called it).

So we all left the Shiba house and ran to the destination of where the Nighlok was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was a great Mall! We got so many good deals!" 2 woman stated loading the car with bags full of clothes.

"Tomorrow we'll shop for shoes! And save more money!" One woman stated.

"Save more money?! You shopaholics could empty a mall and still not be happy!" The Nighlok yelled sending the 2 woman back inside the trunk of the car.

"Thats the first time I actually agree with you!" I shout at the Nighlok taking his attention off of the 2 women who are now stuck in their own trunk.

"Huh?!" The Nighlok turns around and faces his attention onto us.

"Anyone ever tell you you're a bully!" Mia said.

"Yep! Nicest thing anyone's ever said about me!" The Nighlok answered.

"Samuraizer! Go go Samurai!" We all flipped open our Samuraizer's then drew our Power Symbols in front of us. We then transformed into our Ranger suits, "Rangers together! Samurai Forever!"

"More like heartbroken forever! I know the truth about you! And I'm really gonna let you have it!" The Nighlok threatens.

"Don't underestimate the Samurai! Your Sneaky trick won't work on us again!" Mia yells.

"Yeah! We're onto you! We're ready for whatever you throw at us!" Kevin agreed.

"Mentors little pet!" The Nighlok bullies once again. Kevin then flies back onto the farther ground.

"Kevin! Don't let him get to you!" Mike told him.

"This isn't good." Jayden uttered.

"Let's find the mute button on this guy." Mia said using her sword to point at the annoying monster.

"Go away weaklings! My business is with the Yellow Ranger!" The Nighlok said.

"Me?" Emily asked for repetition.

"Just the Yellow Ranger?! Or do you prefer a challenge?!" I shouted technically telling the Nighlok that Emily isn't the only Ranger his business is with. 

"My moogers will keep you busy!" The Nighlok claimed as Moogers seeped through the cracks from the ground.

Jayden and I spun our disc's onto the handle's of our swords, "Fire smasher!"

"Thunder blades!" I yelled as Jayden's sword formed into his Fire Smasher and my sword formed into my Thunder blades.

"When it comes too-" Jayden tried saying a dumb remark, but I stopped him.

"Don't you even finish that sentence!" I interrupted him as I fought against the Moogers.

"Sky Fan!"

"Hydro Bow!"

"Forest Spear!"

After I defeated all the Moogers around me...I decided to run after Emily so I can join her and help her defeat the Nighlok. 

"Dummy! Cluts! Crybaby!" The Nighlok insulted multiple times. 

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me! Now shut it creep" Emily then swung her sword right at the Nighlok. The Nighlok was down and injured.

"You can't ignore my insults forever! Loser!" The Nighlok tried offending again.

"Hey!" I took the Nighlok's attention off of Emily.

The Nighlok twisted his feet around stared up at me. I swung my sword many and multiple times at the Nighlok. I hit him every single time. 

"Hard-headed!" The Nighlok offended me once, it didn't effect me.

"Disappointment!" The Nighlok offended me twice, it didn't affect me.

"Fruitcake!" The Nighlok offended me 3 times, it still didn't affect me. 

Emily and I continued attacking the monster as he threw offensive comments at us. 

"You guys are losing steam! Green Bean, you better back off or I'll let some singers fly that'll really tear you up!" The Nighlok threatened as Emily and I held him back.

"Get back you guys! I need to make my point! Forest Spear! Leaf storm!" Mike swung his spear over his head in a circle creating a leaf storm around him. 

He jumped over the Nighlok's head then held his body still, "Quick! Now!" 

"My pleasure!" Emily took out her Samuraizer then drew the symbol for stone.

The Nighlok's mouth was filled with Stone, so now he can't talk.

"I have nothing nice to say to you! So let's call it a day!" Emily stated.

"Sword! Earth Symbol! Strike!" Emily said nearly defeating the Nighlok. 

The rest of the team joined behind Mike, Emily and I.

"Jayden!" Emily said his name in relief.

"Tawny and I will take it from here." Jayden said taking out the Beetle disc. 

I flipped open my disc holder then took out the Moth disc. I placed it onto my Thunder blades then shouted, "Thunder Blades! Bazooka Blast mode!"

"Fire Smasher! Cannon blast mode!" 

My 2-bladed sword formed into a purple and white bazooka while Jayden's fire smasher formed into a Cannon blaster.

"Lock and Load." Jayden told us before we all loaded our disc's into the Cannon Blaster, "6 disc Beetle Cannon!"

Mike, Emily, Kevin, and Mia knelt down in a line behind Jayden while I knelt down in front of Jayden so I can have a clear shot at the Nighlok.

"1 disc Moth Bazooka!" I chanted after loading my Raven disc into the Bazooka slot.

"Cannon Blast!" Jayden yelled. I pulled the trigger of my bazooka at the same time when Jayden pulled the trigger of his Cannon Blaster.

That finally killed the Nighlok, in his first form at least, "Emily! You did it!" Mike said.

"Thanks! You and Tawny helped me through it!" Emily told Mike.

I smiled at that, but no one saw.

The Nighlok grew into a giant, "Louses! You just turned me into a Mega Monster!" The Nighlok exclaimed. 

We all found ourselves inside the Mega Zord..Again. The Nighlok turned his back around then shot lasers through the eyes that are on his back. The Mega Zord stumbled back.

The Nighlok approached us but Emily separated herself from the Mega Zord before the Nighlok could chop off the Mega Zord's arm off.

"Nice one Em! I guess we better start kickin' it!" Mike complimented before kicking the Nighlok in the balls.

I separated the wings off of the Mega Zord before flying up at a high level. I flew straight back down then  sliced the Nighlok's head. Not so hard to the point where his head fell off, but it was worth a shot. 

After a while, Jayden and I used the Moth and Beetle Zord to defeat the Nighlok. 

"Samurai Rangers, victory is ours." Jayden said as the Nighlok exploded behind us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emily fainted inside of the Mega Zord, so Mike carried her on his back throughout the entire way home. My feet started hurting, so Jayden eventually let me ride on his back too.

"Emily said she was fine, but I guess the Nighlok's words hurt her after all." Mia said.

"She's just tired, I mean she did technically kill that thing." I said tiredly, leaning the side of my head against Jaydens head as he continued to carry me onto his back. Jayden's warmth covered my body, so now I'm falling asleep.

"She hid it well. Everyone has something they don't want to hear." Jayden said.

"She was incredible. The way she fought off that Nighlok rocked!" Mike complimented, "The girls got guts."

A smirk pulled up to my face. I could literally see their future together. Mike's feelings for the blondie is kind of obvious if you ask me, and everybody in the house.

"Her sister would be proud." Mia said.

"I agree." I said in a sleepy voice as I started to close my eyes.

All of a sudden it was quiet, "Now thats a sound I could never forget! Ice cream trucks are my favorite!" Mia said happily.

"Sounds better than the gap sensor!" Mike joked.

"Did someone say Ice Cream!" Emily shot up.

"You're awake?!" Mike asked. I can tell his back is in pain.

"We gotta catch up with that truck! Come on guys!" Kevin told us, "Hey wait!"

"Go Mike!" Emily ordered him.

"Hurry up, Jay!" I ordered my best friend.

"Hey stop!" Jayden told the Ice cream man. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 594 21
{All rights go to Saban for his plotlines and characters in Power Rangers Samurai, everything except for the plotlines of my OCs, that do not follow...
43.7K 1K 54
**COMPLETE & CURRENTLY EDITING** (l/n) (y/n) is born in the (l/n) clan where they control the Shizengan (Shizen - nature). They are the only ones who...
9.9K 294 86
Ever since Katarina Garmadon joined the Ninja, she has faced an Anacondrai Cult, ghosts from the Cursed Realm, a Dijnn, and the Time Twins. And she f...
2.8K 69 21
#2 in Colbybrockfanfiction as of May 23, 2019 😍 I opened the door to reveal a girl with long ombré hair, she's wearing a big black hoodie, and a bl...