A Promised Prophecy

By chellycaz

UPDATES EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY! In the mystical realm of Veridara, Rhea, a witch with untapped potential... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter Thirteen

10 2 0
By chellycaz

"If you are the leader of Silverleaf, then I request asylum," I demanded. "As I hail from Silverleaf, I am granted the right to protection from my one true coven."

"I don't understand." He laughed as if I said something funny.

"And I don't have time." I continued walking, knowing that he was following next to me toward Silverleaf's borders. I needed to know for myself that Celeste was gone. The man next to me could've been lying through his teeth, and I'd be none the wiser. Time and the truth were luxuries that I didn't have.

"Just as rude as I'd expect from a big city witch. Why are you here?"

I didn't answer him. He knew who I was, but he didn't seem to know about the killer witch from Veridara. Being so close to the border, I could almost taste my freedom; I didn't feel like playing nice.

"Someone said they saw Rhea over here," a teenage girl said to her friend as they walked past us in the direction of the beach. Their phones were out, and they were smiling, hoping for a glimpse of a member of Deadly Witches.

Shit.

The Lizari spread the word that I was here. It was only a matter of time before the crazy witch who thought she killed me finds out that I'm still alive. My heart rate increased as I started running. I held onto the hood of my robe, keeping it in place to cover my face. Once I made it to the marker that indicated the entrance to Silverleaf's boundaries, I felt my legs give out, not from exhaustion, but the adrenaline finally wearing off as I made it to safety.

"What the hell was that?" the man questioned. He had followed behind me.

"Thank you for the escort, but I've got it from here," I waved him off. "I'll talk to Celeste and be on my way."

"She retired. What part of that didn't make sense?" He knelt beside me.

"I don't believe you," I countered. "I need to speak with Celeste."

"Here." He fumbled around in his pockets before he finally pulled out a small pendant. To everyone else, the pendant meant nothing. It was small and circular in shape, and the color was a deep purple, matching the robe I wore. Inside the colors swirled, almost as if the galaxy lived inside the pendant. To me, the pendant meant he was telling the truth.

"How did you get that?" I questioned him. Celeste was the rightful owner of that pendant. It was bestowed to her by her mother, and she wore it daily.

"Like I said, Celeste retired. I am the leader of Silverleaf. My name is James. Now, care to tell me what's going on so I can help you?" He spoke slowly as he looked at me, and I couldn't tell if he thought I was crazy or just understood that I needed help.

My body felt numb as I tried to form a sentence. I couldn't imagine Celeste retiring. I also couldn't imagine nearly being killed and now being on the run. My safety wavered as it hovered in this man's hands. And yet, if he was the head of the coven, born in Silverleaf, I should've remembered him from my childhood. He looked to be in his early thirties, so our timelines would've overlapped in our teens. Anything I learned with Celeste during group sessions he should have been there for, or he wasn't in Silverleaf at the time. Nothing seemed to add up, or maybe I wasn't in the right mind to analyze the situation.

"As the leader of Silverleaf, I once again request your asylum." I grabbed onto his arm that still held the pendant out for me to view. "We must get to the safety of the Vault of Oracles before we talk further."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

360K 18.9K 42
~A Wattpad featured and Wattys Longlisted story~ Lana can hardly remember what it's like to be free. After nine years as a captive on board a ship ru...
1K 8 107
{{CURRENTLY UNDERGOING EDITING}} A kingdom across the sea, a man in pain clawing at a hated king who bears two shadows who protect him. A child, born...
33.6K 2.8K 48
To overthrow the cruel King who brutally slaughtered her foremothers, the last surviving water witch Elara Consuli must team up with novice warrior J...
14.4K 1.1K 27
Watreon is on the brink of war. A fact that has eluded Ryhan until days before her sixteenth birthday. Drought has crippled her village and made it n...