The President's Hidden Legacy

By Isa_200710

what if Lucy Gray had survived? what if Lucy Gray ended up pregnant and raised the child alone in the woods? ... More

Part 1: From Wilderness to Elegance
(1) come back
(2) all i have left from you
(3) Winter's Gift
(4) Fading wings of happiness
(5) Familiar Doors
(6) Echos of desperation
(7) A President's Intervention
(8) Return to the Capitol
(9) Hidden agendas
(10) Pulse of Silence
(11) In the quiet moments
(12) Unspoken Desires
(13) From District to Capitol
(14) Harmony in Change
(15) Public Deception
(16) Capitol Extravaganza: District Touch
(17) Fragile Alliances
(19) Bridal Harmony
(20) Harmony Restored
(21) Whispers in the Night
(22) A New Generation Begins
Canon looks
Part 2: Games of Rebellion
(23) A Fractured Trust
(24) The Mask We Wear
(25) Ignorance and Determination

(18) A Celebration of Love

1.9K 67 18
By Isa_200710

Lumi was led onto the stage, and a wave of nerves engulfed her.

oh no

The reality hit her hard – she was moments away from performing in front of everyone, including her new friend, her mother, and her father.

oh god

With her sweaty hands, she arranged her papers and sat on the chair next to the piano.

Lumi grabbed the microphone.

"He-" a long ring interrupted her.

"Sorry about that. Um, hi, my name is Lumi Iris Baird. In honor of my parents' engagement, I've planned a performance that took me a while to, um, learn."

My palms are so sweaty, oh God.

"Um, it's a song that my mom sang to me since I was little, and I would also like to thank my tutor for helping compose the song on piano. Um, yeah."

*Ahem.*

shit now my throat feels dry..whatever

Lumi started playing the opening keys. She wasn't a great singer like her mother, but she wasn't terrible. She had taken vocal lessons on the side to prepare for this.

Deep in the meadow, under the willow
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow
Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes
And when again they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.

She played the final key, stood up, and bowed.

"Thank you."

She could hear people cheering, and she even noticed some with tears in their eyes. Perhaps it was due to the emotional lyrics. Stepping down from the stage, she joined her mother.

"Lumi!" Lucy Gray rushed to hug her daughter. She pulled back and held Lumi's face. "Oh, my beautiful baby girl, that was beautiful. You remind me of when I used to perform in the hob."

"You liked it?"

"I loved it." Lucy Gray kissed her daughter on the cheek, leaving a bit of her lipstick.

While Lucy Gray licked her finger to remove some lipstick from Lumi's face, Coriolanus also complimented her performance.

He patted her head. "That was beautiful. You have the same stage presence as your mother."

"Tha-thank you." Could he see her huge smile? She was so happy her father loved it.

"Um, I'm sorry, I have to go look for Evangeline."

Surrounded by a sea of people, the constant influx of conversations made it challenging for Lumi.

Whether it was inquiries about her parents or invitations to perform at various parties, the crowd added to the overwhelming buzz of the night.

Suddenly, a familiar hand yanked her away.

"Hey!"

Oh, him.

Damian took her hand and gave it a small, polite peck.

"Your voice was simply enchanting, Lumi."

"Oh, um, thank you."

Lumi wasn't really looking at him; she was too focused on finding Evangeline.

Aha! There you are!

"Sorry, gotta go!"

She quickly left Damian's side to go to Evangeline, who was sitting alone, sipping water.

"Hi."

Evangeline suddenly looked up.

"Lumi! Your voice was beautiful. You should do this more often."

"Well, that's kind of my mother's thing."

Evangeline smiled, "Well, maybe you could make it your thing too. It's a good way to connect with people, you know?"

Lumi hesitated, glancing over at Damian, who seemed to be watching her from a distance. She then turned back to Evangeline, "Yeah, maybe. Anyway, what about you? Do you perform as well?"

Evangeline chuckled, "Oh, no. I'm more of a behind-the-scenes kind of person. I prefer helping others shine in the spotlight."

"Is that what you do with Vivienne? I couldn't even see you because you were always behind her."

"Well, yeah, she prefers it like that, and it's totally fine by me. I mean, she can be mean sometimes, but... she's always been my friend, you know?" Evangeline looked down with a hint of sadness in her eyes.

Lumi wanted to comfort Evangeline, but Walker suddenly came in and informed her that it was time for them to leave.

"Um, is there a way I can contact you?"

"You can give me your number."

"My number... like my age?"

Walker corrected Lumi, "She means your contact number from your phone."

He turned to Evangeline, "She doesn't currently have one, so I'll pass you the house number."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After the fancy night, they were all so tired that the dim bathroom lights saw their sleepy faces. With gentle smiles, they washed away the remains of the night. Each step to bed felt like a slow stroll, ready to embrace the cozy comfort of their dreams.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

In the morning, Lucy Gray lay beside Coriolanus, tracing lazy circles on his chest. Her question, unexpected in the quiet morning, hung in the air like a delicate melody.

"How come you never had any children with Livia?"

Coriolanus, still caught in the embrace of sleep's tendrils, blinked away the remnants of dreams. The room held a silent pause before he found his words.

"Well, it's not like we didn't succeed. Livia was pregnant a few times, but she always had miscarriages, so we stopped trying as much. She even carried full term once, but the baby was a stillborn... a girl."

"What was her name?"

He gently took Lucy Gray's hand that rested on his chest. "Ophelia."

"Ophelia," Lucy Gray repeated, the name hanging in the air with a touch of melancholy.

She buried her head into his neck.

"What's wrong?"

"It's just... I feel bad for her. I mean, as a mother, I know what carrying a baby is like and giving birth. For her to go through that, just to be handed a breathless baby is just... I mean, I know she hurt me and Lumi, but... she's just a girl, and I can't blame her for her pain"

As they lay there, Lucy Gray softly whispered, "We've all carried our burdens, Coriolanus. It's a heavy load for anyone to bear. I hope she finds peace someday, even if it's beyond the veil."

Coriolanus nodded, their entwined fingers a silent affirmation of the bond that transcended the complexities of their past. Together, in the hushed morning light, they found a fragile peace amidst the echoes of their shared history.

Coriolanus suggested, "We should get up and join Lumi for breakfast."

As they left the room, the lively sound of Lumi's voice echoed through the house. She was on the phone, and her excitement was palpable.

"Mother! Father! Evangeline asked if she can come over tomorrow. Is that fine?"

Lucy Gray and Coriolanus exchanged glances, sharing a knowing smile. They turned back to Lumi and nodded in agreement.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

For the next month, Lumi focused on her studies and nurtured her growing friendships. Spending time with both Damian and Evangeline became a regular part of her routine, but the constraint of not being allowed to leave the house persisted. The anticipation for the upcoming wedding was building, and speaking of that significant event, preparations were underway.

Lumi woke up brimming with excitement.

"Today's the day! My parents are getting married!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 62 10
What if Lucy Gray didn't runaway from Coriolanus in the forest that day? This is what would've happened....
6.7K 170 20
"𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅" -𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝑫𝒆𝒍 𝑹𝒆𝒚 _____________________________________...
6.9K 165 56
"He had actually caught me. That rotten, manipulative, liar. And me, stupid, naive girl. Because I fell straight into the trap from the moment I fell...
14K 482 26
[CORIOLANUS SNOW X FEM!OC] --- "I loathe her..." --- Coriolanus Snow wasn't cut out for love. He hated how it made him feel: jealous, vulnerable, out...