Purple Thunder | A Jayden Shi...

By _readablestories215

Tawny Bartley has lived in the Shiba house since she was 6 years old after her parents died from fighting off... More

Info ~ please read
Origins, Part 1
Origins, Part 2
The Team Unites
Deal with a Nighlok
Sticks and Stones
A Fish out of Water
There go the Brides
I've Got a Spell on Blue
Forest of the Trees
Test of the Leader
Jayden's Challenge
Unexpected Arrival
Room for One More
A/n
The Blue and The Gold
Team Spirit Part 1
~ A/n ~

Day Off

244 5 2
By _readablestories215

"Heys Guys!" We all hear Mike greet us coming in from skateboarding god knows where. 

"What's up?!" I greet back as I punch the air as if it was my sparing partner.

"Guess what?!" Mike asked in excitement.

"You overslept? Again.." Kevin joked.

Mia, Emily, and I laughed at that joke, "Yeah well thats nothing new." Mike answered.

"So what's up?" Emily asked.

"Ji just told me he wanted us to take the day off!" Mike answered.

The smile on my face slowly faded away and into a frown knowing I can't take the day off today, "Really?" Emily asked for repetition.

"This isn't a joke?" Mia asked.

"But..We just started our work out." Kevin then twisted his body around, kicking the bean bag behind him.

"Dude, you're telling me you're going to disobey a direct order from your Samurai mentor?" Mike asked taking off his helmet that he used for protection to skate outside with.

"Well..I guess not." Kevin answered.

"What to do..I could shop for shoes in a design for fighting monsters or I could catch a flick-" Mia said getting interrupted by Emily. 

I tried speaking to tell them I couldn't take the day off today but none of them gave me the chance to speak, "But it's such a beautiful day! It be a shame to stay cooped up inside!" Emily stated cheerfully.

"Em, I could teach you how to shred!" Mike offered.

"Well I was thinking Rainbow's end! I've never been on a rollercoaster before!" Emily suggested.

"What?! Never?!" Mike asked.

"They don't have amusement parks out where I'm from." Emily answered.

"Then it's settled!" Mia said.

"Rainbows end here we come!" Mike cheered. 

"You guys have fun, I'm busy all day." I say to them walking towards the complete opposite direction from the front door. 

"Are you sure?" Emily asked me.

"Yeah. Go have fun." I smiled walking away. 

I turned the corner just to hear Kevin say, "Hey Jayden! We're going to the Amusement park!"

"Have fun." Jayden tells them.

"You're not coming with us?" Kevin asked.

"Not this time. There's something I need to do." Jayden answered. I hear his footsteps heading in my direction.

"Both of them are so mysterious sometimes. I wonder what's so important." Mia .

"Our day off is a waisting! Jayden and Tawny can take care of themselves, come on!" Mike hurried them up. 

I hear the front door being closed followed by multiple footsteps fading away. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. 

"You ready?" Jayden asked me after my breath was clear.

"Yeah. Lets go." I tell him as we approach his room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat down on his bed. He handed me a brown box with a Moth on it. He held another brown box with a beetle on it. We opened both boxes at the same time revealing the Orange beetle disc and the Silver Moth disc. 

"Are you sure you wanna do this right now?" I asked as if it was a joke. But it wasn't. I really don't want to do what we're about to do right now. 

"If we don't do it now, when do you suppose we'll do it?" Jayden asked, "You can't keep stalling for the rest of your life Tawny. We need to do it."

"Yeah, I know." I pouted. 

"Come on. Lets go." He stood up and held out a hand for me to take.

I took his hand then I followed him outside in the front lawn. We took out our sword's. I spun the Silver Moth disc onto the handle of my sword as Jayden spun the orange beetle disc onto the handle of his sword.

After spinning the Moth disc, Purple lightning didn't just surround my sword. It looked like an abomination. The Lightning was bigger than normal. Same thing happened with Jayden's sword. After he spun the disc onto the handle of his sword, the fire that surrounded his sword was bigger than usual. 

We obviously didn't achieve our goal on the first try. We both ended up flying back like 10 feet away from where we originally were at the same time. I got up to my feet before Jayden could. I held out my hand for him to take, but he waved it away as a sign of, 'give me a minute.'

I nodded my head and stood there as Ji approached closer then picked up both of our swords, "You guys aren't ready to use these disc's yet. You're playing with fire.....Literally." Ji lectured, "Both of you must be prepared to give 100% of yourselves. Not just physically, but mentally."

"I'm giving 110%!" Jayden claimed.

"We're! Giving 110%." I corrected him. 

"Yes. But you both are lacking balance in life." Ji lectured again, "You guys are pushing yourselves to hard, and it's not letting you both be at your best.

"Jayden, maybe he's right-" I tried convincing the stubborn fool. 

"Yeah. Maybe I am pushing myself to hard. But I am the red ranger now. I am to be the best and keep getting better." Jayden interrupted me, "You can rest if you want, Tawny."

He knows that I won't rest until he does. Whenever we're training together, I won't give up until he does.

I groan at the last part of his sentence. I grabbed my sword out of Ji's hand then got into a stance that looked like Jayden's.

"I understand why you both stayed behind today." Ji spoke, "But there was a time when you guys were younger when you guys trained hard. But you guys still had fun. I know you wanted to go with the others, especially you Tawny."

"The Nighlok grows stronger. I must master this beetle disc before its to late." Jayden says.

"Jayden. The Moth disc is the hardest to master. The hardest disc of them all. And I still think we should rest." I said.

"Jayden, the responsibility you bear is great! But while you need to master the disc, you also need to master balance in your life. As a Samurai.." Ji made that face again. The face after he always tries to convince Jayden into something. Most of the time Jayden doesn't listen, but sometimes he does for the sake of the world. 

Jayden walked over to another spot and got into a stance. He can be such a stubborn hard-ass sometimes. I sigh then walk over next to him. I get into the same stance he got into before attempting to master the Moth disc again. 

Just then the gap sensor went off, "Oh man." I mutter to myself before running inside to see where the Nighlok is located at. 

"It's near Rainbows End." I tell Jayden.

"Okay, let's go." Jayden said. We both started running towards the exit. While running nonstop, we draw our Samurai Power Symbols in the air. Transforming ourselves into our Samurai suits. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Jayden and I arrived to our location the rest of the Ranger team were already pretty beat up. 

"Tarnation! Now thats a bit more like it! So let's pretend you're all blades of grass and guess who's gonna be the Lawn Mower." The Nighlok said in a country accent pointing his gun towards the other Rangers, "Lets see who makes the cut!"

"Jayden!" Kevin warned at the same time as Mike.

"Tawny!" Mike warned at the same time as Kevin.

"Oh yeah?!" Jayden and I jumped into action. Our swords went right through the Nighlok's skin.

"Watch out!" Mia warned us. Our swords felt like they were hitting air. 

"Huh?" I mutter to myself totally confused as to what just happened. 

"Hey. What gives?" Jayden asked confused as well.

"Oh man! Even their sword's don't work!" Mike complained.

"Yeah, it goes right through his body." Mia said.

"You cootie-patooties attack like toothless gator's." The Nighlok teased us as he was just standing there, "You're so useless! Check ya later!"

I was about to get shot by the Nighlok's gun, but Jayden pushed me out of the way kicking the Nighlok's gun so it can point to somewhere else. 

"Are you okay?" Jayden asked me, worriedly, holding my shoulders. I can feel him scan my face then look me straight into the eyes even though all I can see is his helmet. 

"I'm okay." I answered.

"Good. Guys! Let's use our swords and attack together." Jayden said.

"Right!" The rest of the rangers said in sync.

We all slid our disc's onto the handles of our swords then spun them, "Spin Sword! Sextuplet Slash!" We chanted in unison.

All that did was push the Nighlok farther away from us. It looked like his stomach was glitching until, "That little rainbow ray just tickled my tummy!"

He used his gun to shoot whatever it is he's trying to shoot at us. Jayden has quick reflexes. So he quickly pulled out his Fire smasher, and used it as a shield to block the bullets being shot at us. 

"You can't phase me! So all thats left for you now, is the crying!" The Nighlok continued to shoot at us with his bullets.

"This is serious! What are we gonna do?!" Kevin panicked.

All of a sudden, Jayden flipped open his disc holder thats on his suit then takes out the Beetle disc.

I gasp as Mia asks, "Woah! What is that?! I've never seen that before!"

"Jayden, are you sure?" I asked.

It took him a couple seconds to answer, "No."

After that moment the Nighlok groans, "Ugh, it feels like I ate cactus needles! I'm drying out! Next time, you won't be so lucky! Later Rangers!" The Nighlok seeped through a crack on the floor and back into the Netherworld. 

Everyone started panting. Kevin fell down onto his knees in exhaustion while Mike bent over and placed his hands onto his knees putting all of his body weight onto it. 

"Jayden. Are you okay?" I asked as he stared down at the Beetle disc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Man, that monster was working some bad mojo." Mike expressed.

"I don't mean to sound like that Nighlok, but our spin swords and symbol power were..well....useless." Mia comments.

"It's scary to think what he could've done to us if he didn't dry out." Kevin said.

"Guys! What is this energy?" I asked. I hate it when we all talk down about ourselves. All it did was prove the Nighlok right.

"Yeah! I'd rather think about how we can beat him!" Emily agreed. 

"Exactly Emily and Tawny! Fear is the enemy. If you believe in yourselves, you can win any battle!  Confidence is what brings power!" Ji lectured, inspirationally.

"You weren't there. Our weapons couldn't touch him!" Mike states. 

"Thats not true! Don't forget, we did injure him." Jayden said.

"We're working on mastering a new power." I continue to Jayden's sentence. 

Jayden and I got up from our seats and took out the Moth disc and the beetle disc. We presented them to the rest of the Rangers, "So thats what you guys been doing today." Mia says in realization.

"2 new disc's! what are they? Kevin asked.

"There are secret disc's passed down from previous generations of Samurai." Ji answered.

"Most of them were lost in battle." I continue Ji's sentence, "These 2 may be the only ones left."

"With this, we at least stand a chance of beating the Nighlok." Jayden said.

"However in order to master these disc's, one needs double the Samurai Power they already have." Ji explained. 

"Don't worry. You all focus on recovery." Jayden told them.

"But twice as much power? Can you guys really handle that?" Mike asked.

"Thanks to Ji, We've been trained to believe we could do anything we put our minds to." Jayden said, inspirationally.

"So, why didn't you guys use it earlier?" Mike asked in an, 'idgaf' tone. Nosy much.

"Next time." Was all Jayden said before walking off.

"Jayden!" I tried calling for him, but he didn't come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, Jayden and I were outside mastering the Moth and Beetle disc's. I would've been eating dinner by now, but I don't want to leave Jayden trying to master the disc alone. 

I know he can take care of himself, but the last time I left him to master his fire disc alone..he broke his leg. 

We were so close to achieving our goal, but all of a sudden we were blasted back..again. 

"Jayden! You need to rest!" I tried convincing him again, attempting to stand back up. 

I don't even know why I try. He's as stubborn as a mule. He ignored me and army crawled his way back to his fire smasher. I stood back up(hardly) then limped my way towards my Thunder Blades. I picked mine up while Jayden got back up by himself. 

We were blasted back, again, for what I can only count as the a thousandth time.

Jayden and I crawled back to our weapons then started again. We continued doing this repeatedly all night. Even after the gap sensor went off the next day, we continued to do this. Although, at one point we were blasted back then knocked unconscious.

All I heard was, "Wake up! the Nighlok is back" by a familiar voice. Which is Ji's. Jayden and I woke up on the dirt, in the same spot where we are practicing. 

"I hate being a hero." I groaned using my 2-blade sword to help me get up. Jayden used his Fire smasher to help himself get up. 

"Time to clash again." Jayden states before we go and join the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived just in time. The Nighlok was about to kill Kevin straight through the heart. Jayden and I used our folding Zord's to attack the Nighlok before he could even have a chance to pull the trigger. 

"It's Jayden and Tawny!" Mike cheered in a relieving tone.

"What's this?!" The Nighlok asked as Jayden and I pulled our weapons out.

Jayden had his Fire Smasher sitting on top of his shoulders while I had my Thunder Blades in one hand. 

"Those big blades of yours ain't buyin' no respect from me! But if you want to Tango, then Suit yourself!" The Nighlok exclaimed.

"Woah! Careful you guys!" Emily warned us. 

"Well, I'm waiting!" The Nighlok hurries after a minute of doing nothing, "What's keeping y'all, Scaredy-Cat's!!"

"Why don't they charge?" I overheard Kevin ask the other Rangers.

"Come on JT! Go for it!" Mike cheered us on. JT is a nickname Mike made up for us. Which stands for, 'Jayden Tawny.' The Ranger team liked that nickname, so that sort of stuck with us at times.

I opened my disc holder that has the Silver Moth Disc inside. I didn't touch the disc when I see at the corner of my eye, Jayden just standing there beside me. 

"Jay, we gotta try." I whisper.

He flips open his disc holder but holds back as soon as he was about to touch it, "I see why they're holding back." I overheard Mia mutter to herself.

"Sheesh. I've seen glaciers move faster than you." The Nighlok held up his gun, then pulled the trigger. The bullet was headed straight for Jayden.

A bunch of, 'Jayden's!' and 'Tawny's!' were yelled at, but as soon as I saw the Nighlok pull the trigger I took out the Moth disc then placed it onto my 2-blade sword as fast as I could. It was so fast that not even the Rangers, nor the Nighlok saw how fast I did that. 

I heard a loud, 'BANG' as soon as I blocked the bullet with my Thunder Blades. As soon as the bullet met with my Thunder Blades a large amount of dust and fire surrounded Jayden and I. Making it difficult for us to see, and also making it difficult for the Rangers and the Nighlok to see us.

"Jayden!" a few Rangers exclaimed.

"Tawny!" One Ranger exclaimed.

"NO!" One other Ranger cried.

"HAH! If you think bout it, destroying them was like breakin' a statue!" The Nighlok laughed.

Then the fog cleared up. That was when everyones eyes bulged open, even if you can't see it. 

Jayden was now holding a 6 Disc Beetle Cannon while I was holding a purple and white Bazooka

"WOW!" a few Rangers said in astonishment.

"Now thats hot!" Mike commented. 

"Hey you guys! Lend me your Power Disc's!" Jayden told us as he placed his.

"Sure!" Kevin started. He placed his Dragon disc.

"Hope!" Mia continued. She placed her Turtle disc.

"This!" Mike continued as well. He placed his Bear disc.

"Will!" I continued after Mike. I placed my Raven disc. 

"Help!" Emily finished the sentence. She was the last one that placed her Ape disc.

"Whatcha got there boy?!" The Nighlok teased, "Rainbow Peashooter?!"

"6 Disc Beetle Cannon!" Jayden chanted before we all knelt down, aiming his Cannon at the Nighlok. 

I knelt down in front of Jayden while aiming my Bazooka at the Target. The other 4 Rangers: Mike, Emily, Mia, and Kevin knelt down behind Jayden in a line. 

The reason why I need to Kneel in front of Jayden is so I can have a clear Target, but Jayden has to stand so he can have one too. 

"1 Disc Moth Bazooka!" I chanted out after Jayden chanted his line, "Ready!"

"Useless pile of junk!" The Nighlok said nonchalantly.

"Strike!" Jayden chanted again.

Jayden and I both pulled the trigger on our very large guns, "What in the world! My Dreadlocks feel like LedLocks! This can't be happening!" 

The Nighlok finally exploded. Thank the lord.

The other Rangers started celebrating before the 2nd Round has just begun, "Guys. Hold up on the celebrating! This Nighlok is about to get a lot Bigger!"

"Hello there Ricky dink Rangers!" The Nighlok greeted growing into a giant. 

"Dragon Folding Zord!"

"Bear Folding Zord!"

"Ape Folding Zord!"

"Turtle Folding Zord!"

"Lion Folding Zord!"

"Raven Folding Zord!"

"Mega Mode Power!" We suddenly found ourselves inside of the Mega Zord only a couple minutes later.

We tried to use our sword to slice The Nighlok in half, but it just went right through him. Big surprise.

"What! It didn't work!" Jayden complained.

"Well duh Jayden! What did you think would happen? After 2 days of trying to defeat this idiot, did you really think that would've worked?!" I exclaimed trying to talk some sense into the big dummy.

"Huh! Yo swords still have no effect on me!" The Nighlok laughs pulling the trigger on us.

Our Mega Zord shook so hard that the 4 other Rangers fell off their pedestal. I nearly fallen, but I ended up stumbling onto Jayden. Luckily, he was strong enough to catch me.

"Their's no use!" I yell attempting to stand back up and onto my own pedestal.

"We gotta try something else!" Jayden yelled back at me.

"No use in Fightin' it! You're all cruisin' till ya losin!" The Nighlok teased before the other Rangers stumbled back onto their pedestals. 

"Now what?! Any ideas?!" Kevin asked.

"We've only got one option!" I answered back, basically yelling. "We've got to unleash the full power of the Disc's!"

A bunch of, 'Huh' and 'What' escaped the other Rangers mouths. 

"Hey Nighlok! Over Here!" Jayden caught the Nighloks attention.

"You excited?!" I shout at him sarcastically throwing my disc up in the air. Jayden did the same.

"Beetle Zord!" Jayden yelled, unleashing the full power of the Beetle Zord.

"Moth Zord!" I yelled after him. 

I landed into the cockpit of the Moth Zord. I put the Moth into drive then proceeded to attack.

"Don't go thinkin' you can bug me with those Roach coach contraptions!" The Nighlok started shooting at the Moth and Beetle Zord's. 

I controlled the Zord to fly up in the air in order to dodge the bullets. Jayden said a quote that had something to do with Bugs and buddy's, but I was way to high up in the air to hear him.

"Where is she going?!" Kevin yelled. 

"I don't know!" Mia answered.

"Tawny!" Emily called for me.

"Tawny! The fight's down here!" Mike called for me as well.

I stop my Zord at a good distance from the ground to where I'm at in the air right now. Jayden used the Beetle Zord's pincers to trip the Nighlok. Nevertheless, the Nighlok called in the Giant Moogers, but I exterminated them in a literal heartbeat.

"Jayden! Wanna do the honors!" I offered,

"Why not?!" Jayden accepted the offer, "Samurai artillery!"

The Moth and the Beetle broke into pieces and connected with the Mega Zord.

Jayden and I dropped into the cockpit with the rest of the team, "Nice!" I heard Mike compliment.

"Moth-Beetle blaster MegaZord! Armed for battle!" Jayden chanted.

"Say what?!" The Nighlok asked confused.

"Jayden. Tawny. What's going on?" Mike asked.

"We'll explain later." Jayden and I answered in unison.

We exterminated the extra Moogers..again. Then we used the Moth-Beetle blaster thats on top of the Mega Zord's head to beat the Nighlok. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am so glad that Mentor gave us another day off." Mia comments.

"Well, it's only fair since our last one involved STRAPPING WITH A NIGHLOK!!" Mike punched the air as a joke. 

I laughed then nudged his head down in a playful manner, "Well if Mr.Felta was alright..I guess I shouldn't argue."

"Who's gonna argue?!" We heard Emily behind us, "With Cotton Candy!"

Emily approached us with Jayden behind her. The two rangers handed each one of them a Cotton Candy except for me.

"This really doesn't align with my training diet." Kevin says with a smile.

"Thats true, but it's okay. Cotton Candy or a day off from training can be good for you!" Jayden said like we were in a Cotton Candy ad, "Ji reminded me that keeping balance in life is important. It lets us be at our best."

"Hold on. Hold on! Did you guys forget to get a cotton candy for Tawny?" Mike noticed me without any Cotton Candy in my hands.

"Oh no its-" I tried telling Mike but Jayden interrupted me.

"She doesn't like Cotton Candy." Jayden answered for me.

"What?! Why not?!" Mike asked in disbelief, moving his eyes towards mine.

"It gave me food poisoning 3 years ago, and I never ate that stuff again." I answered, "Besides, Jayden and I are gonna go get hot dogs later."

"Yup." Jayden agreed.

After a second or two of the 4 other rangers grinning, "Alone?" Kevin asked.

My eyes grew wide, "Yes alone Kevin! We both have been alone in the same household since we were 6!"

"No!" Emily disagreed.

"Yeah! Ji lived with you guys!" Mike added to Emily's sentence.

Jayden and I rolled our eyes then proceeded to walk towards the rollercoaster.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 130 6
Before we start you need to know that your father is Hispanic and your mother is your race so if your mom and dad irl or mom and mom etc are black th...
696 25 10
As Master Xandred's human daughter, you have to hide your identity from everyone. Upon the new formation of the team you fall for the Green Ranger...
174K 7.6K 53
"𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒." New girl. Old boys. You know the drill. (Y/n) (l/n), the newest student at school mee...
43.6K 1K 54
**COMPLETE & CURRENTLY EDITING** (l/n) (y/n) is born in the (l/n) clan where they control the Shizengan (Shizen - nature). They are the only ones who...