I'm Just A Chuunibyou: Why ar...

Aiyuun द्वारा

Yukiya Saito, is a 16 year old Chuunibyou who's starting his new journey in life called "High School". He ha... अधिक

Chapter 0: If there are multiple destinies, who will you choose?
Chapter 1: A new Beginning
Chapter 2: Hokkyokusei High School
Chapter 3: More than three months passed
Chapter 4: Not a "shadow hero"?
Chapter 5: Haircut
Chapter 6: Training partners
Chapter 7: Unwanted attention
Chapter 8: Even if he's scared?
Chapter 9: [Operation: Blending in with the crowds.]
Chapter 10: Just your perfectly normal student.
Chapter 11: It's just the student council president.
Chapter 12: She's just part of the good guys.
Chapter 13: I caught you.
Chapter 14: A shadow hero who doesn't sweat.
Chapter 15: Surprise test.
Chapter 15.5: Did you have a fun day?
Chapter 16: She's just a "shoujo heroine"
Chapter 17: I'm just an "assassin"
Chapter 18: It's just a "kabedon" from a deliquent?
Chapter 19: A generic student character.
Chapter 20: We're not so different?
Chapter 21: Just exchanging notes.
Chapter 22: It's just the "lucky pervert" scene.
Chapter 23: A side character's plan on becoming popular.
Chapter 24: It's just a sinister plan to crush the chuunibyou.
Chapter 25: Dominating the match.
Chapter 26: Turning the tides.
Chapter 27: "Consecutive Pseudo Vanishing Drive"
Chapter 28: Just a Chuuni's words of assurance.
Chapter 29: "I'll never trust you again?"
Chapter 30: A pessimistic shoujo heroine and a Chuuni's words of assurance.
Chapter 31: Just seemed cold but is actually caring.
Chapter 32: He really is just acting cold but is actually caring.
Chapter 33: The end of Mocha's first day upon transferring.
Chapter 35: A letter of challenge, a declaration to change.
Chapter 36: "Just watch me"
Chapter 37: Eating inside the classroom this time around.
Chapter 37.2: Adoption
Chapter 38: A shadow hero should be protected too?
Chapter 39: "Background Character Mode"
Chapter 40: A silent hero's tragedy.
Chapter 41: A shadow hero's sacrifice.
Chapter 42: The "revelation scene"
Chapter 43: "Do you seek power?"
Chapter 44: Just a mysterious character entrance.
Chapter 45: A sudden duel.
Chapter 46: A wall that must be conquered, a battle for supremacy.
Chapter 47: A dance of "chaotic harmony".
Chapter 47.2: Skill: [Pefect Body Coordination]
Chapter 48: Pure Talent vs Absolute Effort
Chapter 49: One with the mist and gone. A mysterious character exit.
Chapter 50: A storm is approaching. (Vol.1 [End])
Volume 1 Afterwords

Chapter 34: Just picking up being the "perfect" side character.

107 5 0
Aiyuun द्वारा

The next day.

After getting out of the house not too long ago, I'm now currently walking my way to school.

Yesterday, I executed my plan to be a "generic student character" while at school. However, it didn't work out as I hoped it would. In fact, it performed way worse than when I was acting as the "perfect side character", the vasaud Ayaka and I honed during the summer break with the help of Haruka-san, using her persona as a base to acting out as a normie.

The reason I tried revising my side character act was because I started having doubts after President Shiori-senpai caught on my act. That is why I tried improving it in the first place.

However, judging by how Mocha-san, the transfer student that I got to know just yesterday instantly found out I wasn't a normal person just after meeting.

With her knowing my secret as someone not ordinary, I sought for her opinion about my facade of being a generic student character throughout the day. But it seems like it ultimately failed judging by her disappointed reaction towards my acting.

So, last night, I confessed to Ayaka about my failure yesterday by acting out my night's research of being a generic student character.

"What's the matter? Did anything happen in school?" Ayaka inquired, thinking 'Did he already find out he looks nothing like a side character!?'

She asked because she noticed I looked somewhat troubled and guilty about something.

While fiddling with my finger, I nervously confessed to Ayaka.

"Actually, last night, I researched blending in with the crowds a little more, and I encountered this page. It's title was the characteristics of generic student characters in a high school anime setting."

'So he still hasn't find out. That's a relief.'

Ayaka exhales in relief. I thought she would be angrier because I didn't get her opinion first. That's the reason why I tried buying her something, but you know how it turned out.

"Actually... someone saw through my façade yesterday. That's the reason why I tried revising our perfect side character act in the first place." I told her, making excuses for myself.

"Yeah? And who's that?"

"It was none other than the student council president, the head of the cult. Ah, never mind. They're good guys now."

"Even so, the fact that she found out who I was still remains."

Is what I explained to Ayaka, the purpose of why I attempted other means on how to blend in with the crowds.

"That was completely unnecessary" commented Ayaka.

"Eh? Why do you mean?"

I asked her for why it was unnecessary.

'He'll probably be disappointed if I tell him he's imitating a main character of a romcom anime.' and so Ayaka chose not to.

"B-Because, your perfect side character act is already flawless. I-It was most likely that Student Council President-san has the ability to sense strong individuals. T-There's a reading why she was part of the student council, after all." [Spouting random bull shit on the spot.]

"Come to think of it, you were also once part of your school's student body. That's probably it since they are selected individuals!"

Coming to a realization, I nodded my head as if, agreeing and supporting Ayaka's statement.

Ayaka is really smart so I expect that people in a position of student council might possibly be at her level.

If so, it wouldn't be strange if Shiori-senpai sensed my true strength if she herself was strong.

"Y-Yeah, t-that's right! It just means she was a unique individual with a strength that rivals brother's."

'Let's just go with that for now.'

"I get it now..."

I place my hand on my chin thinking deeply.

"I guess I'll try keeping the perfect side character act from now on and see how it turns out."

After that, I decided to return to how I was acting before, the persona I acted during the first day, which was the "perfect side character act". The act which we honed during summer break, with the help of Haruka-san and using her as a base on acting out as a normie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After getting a good night's rest, Mocha-san's adrenaline has already been exhausted and practically reverted back to how she was originally acting, with her social anxiety getting the best of her. 

However, now with a little experience gained from yesterday's interaction. Having a taste and longing to feel it again.

After resting, Mocha-san realized that she did a lot of cringe-worthy moments in yesterday's round of events.

When Mocha-san woke up this morning.

"Why did I do that! I mean who's idiot was gonna run with bread on her mouth and yell "I'm late!" over and over on the streets! It worked out in the end though... But still!"

"Now that I think about it. Every time I tried starting a conversation I didn't really manage any of them to land properly. It's always out of place and sounds forced."

"The worst of it all is how I could just spill my insecurities on a person I just barely met(Yukiya). I'm not even sure yet if he's a good person or not. If he turns out to be a bad person, it could have definitely end badly. But even if he's good, I can't just push my worries onto another person. Ah, God! I definitely said too much! Ahrg, this is so embarrassing, I wanna crawl in a hole somewhere to never be seen again!"

She rolled over and over on her bed while covering her face from embarrassment, as she recalled every bit of things she did and was insecure about. She overthink her actions, thinking it was so cringe.

"Ugh! It so hard to be a shoujo heroine!"

Realizing what she did was embarrassing, she's still glad she did it anyways. Because in the end, the end results was probably the best she could get.

It was due to yesterday's experience, she gained even just a little bit of confidence, having a small grasp of what it means to be social.

And to note, she even made a friend named Hitomi, and the others seemed to accepting of her as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mocha-san is now currently on her way to school.

"Luckily I won't be late this time. I even make sure to triple checked if I set the alarm correctly to avoid what happened last time."

'I'll try to not put it in mute anymore as much as possible.'

As Mocha-san is now walking her way to school. And on the next corner, she saw a familiar looking face that she was well aware of.

'It's the cold but caring prince! So he takes this route, huh...'

We walked into each other purely by coincidence.

Mocha-san was the type of person to arrive at school on time to have minimum interaction with others.

If she arrive too early, there's a good chance that someone will approach her, or if not, she'll look isolated and seem like a total loner seating all alone by herself.

She developed this habit of arriving at the exact time from her old school.

On the other hand, I planed to arrive on time to have the minimal questioning because there's a chance that a flock will form again like the fist time which I found tiring.

'T, this is my chance. My first time greeting someone I know in the morning.'

Mocha-san tried practicing on me on saying good morning to other people.

"G-Good morning!"

She greeted me, a little embarrassed while trying to give her greetings some energy.

'I have always wanted to do this. How will he react. Was I too stiff on saying it?
He'll probably just ignore me like the tsundere he is.'

"Good morning" I replied to her with a blinding smile.

'Who the fuck are you!?'

[Note: Mocha has never seen him in "perfect side character mode" before.]

Mocha-san suddenly fell silent. She was confused as the vibe I was giving off right now is a whole lot different than it was yesterday.

This is part of Ayaka's training and a little help of Haruka-san's socialization skills. "Always reply with a smile" is what was part of the training.

Yesterday we decided to stick with the "perfect side character persona". That one I was acting on the first day.

Normally I don't greet anyone because I was trying to act edgy before. However, right now I'm acting as the "perfect side character" so I must act as normal as I could.

Mocha-san was then left confused as to why I was smiling, looking to be in a good mood as how approachable I seemed at the moment, which was intended.

What really made her confused was my sudden change of character. To Mocha-san, it was really strange if you were to compare it with how I was acting yesterday.

We then continued walking our way to school, leaving Mocha-san dumbfounded as to why I seemed to be acting so differently.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

5.3K 166 29
Amelia Tano got a strange call at 3 am by the principal of UA, Nezu! Strangely enough he offers her a job in Japan to be a teaching assistant to a ce...
22.7K 325 23
Hello !! This is my first story, I apologize, it's not perfect, but I hope you enjoy. You, the reader, is a transfer student attending U.A. Universit...
123K 5.6K 20
Rank #19 in sliceoflife=January 30 2019 Rank #75 in slice of life= January 24 2019 Rank #25 in Shoujo= August 7 2019 This is the Sequel of I'm the Vi...
3.1K 182 19
A story about a chuunibyou who's just trying to bullshit his way through life. Due to various misunderstandings here and there, he accidentally ended...