I Heard That I'm An Affection...

By PastTimer

Title: I Heard That I'm An Affectionate Male Lead (听说我是深情男配[穿书]) Author: 翻云袖 ______ Cang Yu is a time travele... More

Read This
Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 007
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 010
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 016
Chapter 017
Chapter 018
Chapter 019
Chapter 020
Chapter 021
Chapter 022
Chapter 023
Chapter 024
Chapter 025
Chapter 026
Chapter 027
Chapter 028
Chapter 029
Chapter 030
Chapter 031
Chapter 032
Chapter 033
Chapter 034
Chapter 035
Chapter 036
Chapter 037
Chapter 038
Chapter 040
Chapter 041
Chapter 042
Chapter 043
Chapter 044

Chapter 039

149 6 1
By PastTimer

The plot comes so unexpectedly.

Cang Yu later realized that he should've picked up the novel and follow the plot along, but he remembered that there was no such plot. After all, according to the original work, Rong Dan almost broke off with Qingqiu when she left. How could she be so shameless as to come back to Qingqiu, not to mention that based on Chun Ge's opinion of Rong Dan, which was basically negative, it's unlikely that she'd agree.

Cang Yu, who had become a recluse and victim of a confusing plot, humbly lowered himself and listened to Xuan Jie's for gossip. After all, Xuan Jie knew the specific situation of his cheating wife better than he did.

It's not just any gossip.

Most foxes in Qingqiu, as long as they have some reputation and status, know very well that Rong Dan will be returning to Qingqiu. The reason why Cang Yu, the great elder, didn't know anything about was very simple; because the clan matriarch Chun Ge asked it to be keep hidden from him. In addition, Cang Yu himself was being reclusive person. Not to mention being very reclusive, he went out for walks regularly, so it wasn't difficult to hide this from him.

Xuan Jie talked about everything, unlike Chun Ge, Qian Niang and the other monsters who were on the edges of their seats with worry. He felt that Rong Dan's return to Qingqiu would have an indelible psychological shadow on Cang Yu. The other's might just be severely overestimating an impact.

The plot is actually similar to what Cang Yu remembered, except for a slight discrepancy in a subplot.

After Rong Dan followed Lin Yong to the Ninth Heavens Palace, she became a little fairy maid under him. He met several fairy girls who were gentle or wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to get close to Lin Yong. Rong Dan had several qualities however, firstly, she was Lin Yong's savior, and secondly, she was of low birth, so few fairies regarded her as an obstacle. Instead, they scrambled to treat her well so that she could give me a good image in front of Lin Yong, so her life was extraordinarily good, leisurely and unrestrained.

But of course the heroine's life couldn't be so smooth. Ten years of happiness passed, but soon trouble came to the door.

When Rong Dan left Qingqiu, she was just a young girl. After arriving in heaven, she ate fresh fruit every day and tasted fine wine every night, slowly strengthening her bones. She was born to be the most charming celestial fox and provoked many heavenly soldiers in love. Plus Lin Yong took her with him on most days, which made many immortals secretly jealous, thus causing trouble.

Not long ago, on the birthday of the Queen Mother Xiwangmu, it was supposed to be an ordinary day for Rong Dan. Who would've thought that while the Queen of Heaven was congratulating her and Lin Yong was offering her gifts, a fairy maid suddenly tried to embarrass Rong Dan. The little fairy maid, with her words caused an unprovoked dispute, which made the Queen Mother Xiwangmu upset and disenchanted. Rong Dan wasn't important, but she was still Lin Yong's maid. The heavens was in a spectacle and the Jade Emperor was furious.

As the saying goes, if the Emperor is angry, thousands must die.

This is still the case in the human world, let alone the Heavenly Palace. The Heavenly Emperor punished the maid for causing trouble in a rage, and even wanted to send Rong Dan into reincarnate. Rong Dan and Lin Yong were now inseparable. If it weren't been for this accident, Lin Yong would've been able to advantage of the Queen Mother's celebration to establish status for Rong Dan while the Emperor of Heaven was happy. Who would have thought that these disputes would upset the Emperor of Heaven?

He didn't like Rong Dan because of her humble background. Now, his goodwill was greatly reduced, marriage had turned into a wistful dream. Lin Yong could only plead with him to save Rong Dan's life, and when he reluctantly did, the punishment was changed and she was expelled from heaven instead.

The Emperor of Heaven has lived for countless years, he clearly understood the thoughts of his child, but for his beloved son he had no choice but to agree. Lin Yong wasn't an idle prince, he had important things to attend to, but after the birthday party, he felt really worried about Rong Dan. In his anxiety, he thought of Rong Dan's hometown Qingqiu and sent her there to take refuge.

They were immortals, but in the world of mortals, what's the difference between them and mortals? At best, they just had some extraordinary abilities. Their seven emotions and six desires might be weaker or stronger, but in the end they were all the same.

Such a big event happened on the birthday of the Queen Mother of the West. Naturally delighted at the gossip and couldn't keep their mouths shut. Not to mention that Rong Dan, who was one of the main characters, wasn't even punished badly. They complained about the Emperor's favoritism. After this came and went, the rumors were hard to stop and naturally spread everywhere, making the Emperor of Heaven very angry.

It's just that these rumors inevitably had it's untruths. The more it was passed around, the more it became clear that Rong Dan wasn't been involved in this unreasonable disaster randomly, but because of an untimely jealousy.

Chun Ge already had a lot of prejudices against Rong Dan. If Rong Dan had three points of responsibility from the rumors, she saw eight points. Still she didn't reject Lin Yong despite her unwillingness. After all, before Cang Yu's friend, Chun Ge was the leader of the Qingqiu clan. If she rejected Lin Yong and refused to take in Rong Dan, she would offend Lin Yong, and inevitably sell herself short in the demon world. As if she was so afraid of the Emperor of Heaven that she doesn't even dare shelter her own.

But if she agrees to Lin Yong, things will be much simpler. Lin Yong will owe Qingqiu a big favor, which is equivalent to having the favor of the Emperor of Heaven in the future. What's more, although the current Emperor was ruthless in temperament, there was nothing illegal about Chun Ge taking in Rong Dan. He won't be able to find an excuse even if he threw a fit.

Comparing the two points, even though Chun Ge was reluctant she still nodded and agreed. In the end, everything was focused on the Qingqiu's Fox Clan.

In a few days, Rong Dan will return to Qingqiu.

After Xuan Jie explained this matter calmly, he suddenly moved closer to look at Cang Yu, he said quietly: "Chi Shuishui said you were sad, and Qian Niang said your soul left with that woman, but over the years you've never looked sad to me at all. But I don't quite understand such a reaction with just her name."

"Emotional matters have always been this complicated," Cang Yu gave a perfunctory explanation, but his heart skipped a beat.

The plot of course wants to open a harem for Rong Dan. In the original plot, she didn't return to Qingqiu, but to her mother's former residence, just in time to catch up with the two leaders of the demon world. After a private rendezvous, the two were fascinated by her innocence and beauty, and formed a polyamorous relationship from then on.

In the middle of the journey, Rong Dan also took the time to visit the first two human members of her harem. Both of them had turned into handsome middle-aged uncles. They still miss Rong Dan because of their love affair in their youth. They have never married and each had only adopted a child.

Cang Yu thought of the powerful correction ability of the plot, and suddenly became much calmer. It's true that it's easy to get accidentally caught up when following the heroine, but for the time being, it didn't matter what kind of butterfly flapped her back to Qingqiu. If she wanted a harem, she still has to go back to the human world.

Seeing his complicated expression, Xuan Jie added, "She'll arrive in three days. You don't have to hide."

Cang Yu sighed softly and looked at Xuan Jie. Seeing his sincere expression, he guessed that Qian Niang outside was probably of the mind. Let alone Chun Ge and Chi Shuishui. He could say something, but it was all his fault. He and Chun Ge cried about how affectionate he was, which made everyone take it more seriously than they needed to.

Three days passed quickly. Regardless of whether the foxes of Qingqiu wanted it or not, Rong Dan returned to Qingqiu.

The only one who wasn't affected was probably Xuan Jie.

In the first few days, Rong Dan just rested in her hut. The past decade and more not only allowed Xuan Jie grow into a young man, but also made him mature enough to keep calm in chaos.

However, Chun Ge was panicked for a while, fearing that Cang Yu's love for Rong Dan wouldn't be able to restrain itself. Although it was revealed that Rong Dan had been expelled from Heaven and returned disgraced to Qingqiu, almost everyone knew that Lin Yong and Rong Dan were still in love. She was only staying in Qingqiu for a while.

If Cang Yu continued as before, he'd be nothing but hurt.

The result of this worry meant that Cang Yu's visitors increased by the days, completely destroying his shut-in lifestyle. Even Xuan Jie found it troublesome and hung out in the Fire Spirit Earthline alone, completely abandoning Cang Yu.

This made Cang Yu realize in despair: Maybe Rong Dan's threat to his peace was nothing compared to Chun Ge and the others.

But can Chun Ge be blamed? Cannot.

It's not that Cang Yu didn't like the excitement. People are social animals, if they don't speak they can easily become mute. In fact, he could clearly see that his vocabulary had shrank crazily over the years, maintaining normal communication was beneficial to his personality.

The problem lied in the interests of the visitors: Tang Fu likes to play chess, but Cang Yu knows nothing except flying chess and backgammon, so he can only dredge up excuse after excuse; once Chi Shuishui starts talking, he and Qian Niang were like crosstalk duet, Cang Yu couldn't speak at all. Once he didn't want to talk, he'd definitely pester Cang Yu for a beating in the name of competition. The slightly better ones were Chi Luo and Bai Shu. The two children were able to transform to young men, more promising than Cang Yu. They came for Xuan Jie to get beaten.

Chun Ge was too busy and rarely came. When she did come, she was a worried mother hen, like Cang Yu was terminally ill and could be pushed into the operating room at any moment.

In the hearts of the public, Cang Yu and Rong Dan had a bad love debt. Because of Cang Yu's status, they ended in harmony. It was comparable to a conscientious loan shark tricking an old man, his wife and children were separated from him and the family was destroyed. That's if they don't see each other again. If they do meet, it won't just be earth-shattering, even rivers and seas will flow backwards and ground will rumble.

In fact, Cang Yu and Rong Dan weren't as exaggerated as everyone thought them to be.

Cang Yu was more worried about the heroine Rong Dan. He just hoped that she'd finish her plot early and leave quickly. There was no hatred between them. The cuckolding incident had already been resolved and was an old thing of the past; no need to mention it again. Right now, the two of them had nothing to do with one another, but Rong Dan did help him a lot while he was seriously injured. In good conscience, Cang Yu could actually sympathetize about cheating on "himself."

"He" asked Rong Dan to marry before her father died. Two grown men, one wanted to protect his daughter and the other wanted to marry a wife, hit it off immediately. The elder fell in love at first sight and didn't care whether the girl was happy or not. After getting married, he did things but never really wanted to talk. He was overly protective and even threatened to drive away all Rong Dan's friends because of injuries sustained during play. In Cang Yu's view, even if Rong Dan hadn't cheated, this marriage would've ended sooner or later.

To be honest, out of moral considerations for the protagonist and the sensitive topic of cheating, the author still put some effort in explaining the causes and consequences of such matters.

Cang Yu now neither loves nor hates Rong Dan, and without his past vindictiveness he felt when he was being cuckolded, he was now even too lazy to pay attention to her.

And Rong Dan was even more simple. She always thought that the great elder didn't care about her, but only reluctantly took care of her because of her father. She thought very simply: My father wants you to take care of me, otherwise why would you even look at me, so I'm only grateful to my father. Later, she learned that the other party admired her, and her vanity was satisfied, so she feels a little guilty.

She's accustomed to repaying favors with kindness and revenge with hatred. Although she has many schemes, she wasn't shameless enough to take advantage of other people's feelings. In addition, she has a sense of reason and wasn't willing to meet with Cang Yu and deliberately cause misunderstandings.

As a result, while the two of them had a clear mind and were at peace, the foxes of Qingqiu were restless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 10.3K 53
Anhay Sharma:- Cold business tycoon who is only sweet for his family. He is handsome as hell but loves to stay away from love life. His female employ...
30.8K 864 20
Isabella Rose Ivy Valencia-Moretti, the only girl born in Italian Mafia family after so many generations. Not only she is the princess of Italian Maf...
19.7K 1.8K 7
Wanna visit rajasthan than read this special book about my love Rajasthan 💗
Ice Cold By m

General Fiction

2.3M 84.4K 49
[boyxboy] Wren Ridley is always two steps ahead of everyone, or so he thinks. His life seems out of his control when he starts having feelings for so...