That Perfect Smile of Him

By ishqhuahaii

A chaotic husband,Arjun and a determined wife,Siya More

Arjun-Siya
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

17

399 25 1
By ishqhuahaii

Arjun's POV

I sighed worriedly after waiting for her call for over an hour of my lunch break. She could have met the doctor by now. She could find me too worried for my pleasures if I call her first but I am fucking so worried.

From the moment she screamed that loud , my mind has been going wrong while my heart whispering to my brain that nothing is wrong. Hope she doesn't get any serious complications.

Dangling between messed up finances , what a middle class man want is atleast to stay healthy and keep family healthy too.

Siya is becoming too precious to me , just as a life is. It's not like 'I will not be able to stay without her' but 'I would not like to stay without her'.
Life continues but without that 'special someone' your mind is just full of unsettlement.

My brain wrapped up with this thoughts got alert as one of my colleague 'Ajay' tapped on my table with his palm.

"Bhabhi ji se phir se jhagda ho gaya kya?!" He said and my confused eyes followed his vision towards my tiffin having Breads smashed with butter kept upon each other.

"No, she woke up late." I denied not wanting whole of my office to have misconception about me. I know how this Bitch Ajay goes on spitting about an individual's life to whole office.

He ,as an uninvited guest kept his chair beside mines proudly.

"Would you like to know a gossip?"
He continued before I could shake my head.
"You know about our Finance team head?! He is your biggest competitor. The presentation you were going to represent yesterday , he had almost same but Boss promoted him, you know why? His father's sister's husband's sister's son's friend has been working here."

He went back as the lunch time ended while I still kept on counting the relations. That was so far. Still he got my promotion. It's bad.

I looked up as I felt someone's shadow on my table. There comes our HR, Aditi, the woman whose success I am impressed of.

"Arjun, let's go."

"Where?"

"To a cafe beside our office."

"But, it's work time. "

"Good. I appreciate your morals but just for a while? Please."

And then, I couldn't deny and followed her.

"Now say." I muttered as we sat on our respective chairs.

"I was seeing a boy from about 2 years and you know, who that came out to be?"

"Your brother-in-law."

"Ayaan?"

I huffed tiredly as she nodded.

"He was my junior, he would still not have passed his third year, if I calculate. I passed out from there last year and I am still following him on my Instagram page where I got to see your wedding's photographs yesterday. Can you please make us a thing."

No!

I stopped myself from telling her that he has got a girl to like as it will surely get her a heartbreak after liking him for 2 years.

"I would have did that but my wife will surely not like me doing that."

"Please , Arjun. What she could maximum do is fight with you. You can resolve it and later all of us will get settled to our places."

Run Arjun! She is becoming a bitch in your life now.

I sighed as I saw Abhay standing near the gate as my saviour.

"I will talk to you later. My friend is here."

I quickly ran off from her place.
HR or not, I am not going with her plan as it will sure make my life hell and that bastard Ayaan got too many butterflies around him .
All of the praises I did for Aditi, I take them back now.
This Siya hasn't called yet. What is she doing with me?

Working all day along sitting among the lines of benches kept , all I was worried about was Siya. That girl got power to keep me waiting.

🌸

Among the myriads of tension , just waiting outside my home for her to open the door for me gets me settled. The thought that anytime, I would be invited into an overwhelming atmosphere where warmth and comfort are provided with oxygen makes heart bloom.

But today was different, thoughts that some information about her health awaits me inside unsettled my thoughts.
She opened the door letting me in ,being indifferent about my arrival, her phone sticked to her ears.

"Okay maa, bye Kunal." She said over the phone while I stood behind her not getting enough peace to freshen up first.

"Did you go to the doctor?"
She stumbled for once as soon as she heard me after keeping her latest Iphone down.

"I was busy, Arjun."

"How?"

"Whole of our family video called me."
My eyes went across her towards the phone, which I fucking don't know how she got.

"This phone?"

"My brother sent this. It looks good, right?" She beamed while I got no heart to decrease her excitement by telling about my frustrations over her brother to her.

"Today your Mom and Dad is at Himachal shopping for Prakhar bhaiyya's wedding."
She gave me water while I settled down keeping beside our topic for now.
I was overly frustrated seeing her being way too indifferent about her heath which she should have prioritized over how Prakhar's brides dresses looked.

Cooker's whistles broke through her ranting.
"You go on and freshen up, until then I will bring our food."
Nodding, I went inside to get changed.

Now, I have to wait for another day to know about what I waited for whole of this day.

"Arjun. We should call Inayat and Kunal here, right? It's been hard for them there to stay on there own."

"Isn't this place to small for that?!"

"We can manage Arjun!" She whined.

"Okay, Okay I will tell Kunal to do that." My shell broke too soon here.

She beamed digging on her rotis.

My day ends here, but my thoughts didn't. They are still going over the only topic, my heart doesn't want for now.

🌸

The very next day , finding her in the kitchen making me breakfast, I went towards her.

"Siya, you are going to the doctor today." I informed her.

"Okay. Arjun, can you please get me a sim card, the old one was yours and that too BSNL which doesn't work too fine here."
I nodded. Successfully avoiding me , she concentrated on cumins bubbling out of the oil in the pan kept over stove.

"You are definitely going today Siya." I sternly instructed her.

"Yes , Arjun. I will try to take time out of my house chores."

"Don't just try. Surely do that."

She again kept her busy in removing the containers off the shelf and neglected my curiosities over her.

Sighing, I went forwards towards my room to get myself ready for the most wearying day of the week; Saturday.

Work keeps coming as the day continues but keeping ourselves up to date to let Sunday stay fresh comes as our responsibility.

I hurried the towel over me and came out of the bathroom. Looking at Siya, only thought coming now is : why aren't girls even a bit attentive to the relationship?

They are. They do fancy showing love to the opposite gender but what stops them is morals and shame they are taught from the age too prior. That's the answer comes if I bring in my mind the hundreds of seminars my Dad made me and Kunal attend to show respect to girls.

Yes, my Dad is too attentive towards us to not become hooligans standing by the road complimenting every girl they gaze at. He is such a gentleman. I still remember how he lectured me to always prioritise Siya over rest of the family.

Siya handed me the plate of Poha sitting across me with her cup of tea.
My phone pinged up on the table with the message from the Indian Railways about Inayat and Kunal's ticket.

"Are they coming today?" Siya beamed, after she peeked over the phone curiously.

"Yes . They have their train in evening. They will be reaching here late at night."

She nodded delighted about hearing the information about the arrival of her brother-in-law whom she had termed as 'better than her brother'

I ignited off the engine after Siya saw me out till the gates and started off towards another of hell keeping in my frustrations.

All about what Arjun thinks. Too boring to read, right?

Still, do vote and comment people.
Will meet ya'll in the next one making it less boring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 13.7K 35
-A collection of Short Stories- 99.9% desi!!!! Forbidden love - Raabta || Atharv x Divya [Completed] Military Romance - Aashiqui || Aditya x Siya ...
596K 28.8K 38
Bound in a sacred bond. brought together by Destiny. Story of Arjun Singh Oberoi and Aarohi sharma who were force into the marriage brought together...
314K 9.3K 47
Unexpected happened, marriage and love were the most despised words in Aaron's life While here Siya has been waiting for her prince charming.......w...
98.8K 4K 78
Top hash tags #1 - fictional character #3- Sizzling #3- celebrity #3- fictional characters #4- couple Dear Readers, Before you embark on the journey...