𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮, benedict b...

By fireandbloods

- ͙۪۪̥˚ in which maria dowling, a daughter of a french marquis, refuses to marry and when she is sent to eng... More

𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐂 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄.
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈. heart's grave
𝟎𝟎𝟏. grosvenor square
𝟎𝟎𝟐. the foreign beauty
𝟎𝟎𝟑. maria's tactic of scaring callers
𝟎𝟎𝟒. the blossoming of frienships

𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀.

1.2K 52 16
By fireandbloods

𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮!
- fireandbloods/isabela
                presents...

      Maria Dowling had seen what marriage and childbirth did to her mother.

Evelyn Dowling died giving birth to Maria's younger sister, Eden. Maria was simply a kid when she died, yet she knew then and there, she would never marry, never birth a child. As she grew, those opinions remained true. Many who knew her thought is was a fear of hers to die that way.

But, that wasn't the true reason. Maria watched her father, the Marquis Patrick Dowling, mourn and grieve for months over the loss of his wife. Maria took care of him and performed his Marquis duties, claiming to everyone who asked that he was simply ill and couldn't leave their house. Maria had seen true love, in her parents eyes when they looked at each other. And that true love caused her father never to be the same, a wreck. It caused destruction. Marriage had ruined her Papa, and it would ruin the man she would marry if she ever had died on the birthing bed.

In appearances, he was still the same Patrick every knew and loved but on the inside... Maria wished for her old papa back again.

With no male heir to claim his title and his refusal to take a new wife to bare him sons, Patrick Dowling decided his eldest daughter, Maria to inherit the Marchioness title when he departs from this world. Of course, a woman inheriting a title of power didn't settle well in others eyes as it did his, so when she reached the ride age, he told her she would have to marry to inherit the title or in years to come, Eden would, because the little girl dreamed about marrying a prince.

Maria had made a vow to herself the night her mama died, to never marry. But, inheriting the Marchioness title meant so much to her, to make her father and mother proud. After chasing many suitors off in their hometown in France, Patrick had no choice but to give her one more chance.

He sent her to England to live with her Aunt Lady Agatha DanBury who would host her this coming season. Lady DanBury was on strict orders to make sure the young girl married this season, to not focus on her passion as much; art.

Being sent to Governors Square was the worst thing to happen to Maria. She had her beliefs and they were crushed into the palm of Benedict Bridgerton, who somehow made her feel as if her fear was just a worry and marriage was not so bad after all if you spend it with one you love.

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

Aubri Ibrag as
MARIA DOWLING

— the foreign beauty

•••

FEATURING ...

Sam Claflin as
RUDY JOHNSON
— oc made by Biggirl568 

Colin Firth as
MARQUIS PATRICK DOWLING

Lola Flanery as
EDEN DOWLING

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

track 01: ave maria — beyoncé
  — "sometimes love can come and pass you by. while you're busy making plans. suddenly hits you, and then you realize, it's out of your hands... "

track 02: my immortal — evanescence
" i wish that you would just leave. 'cause your presence stills lingers here and it won't leave me alone. "

track 03: blown away — carrie underwood
"her daddy was a mean old mister. mama was an angel in the ground . "

track 04: power — isak danielson
"i was lost until I found me in you. I saw a side of me that I was scared to. "

track 05: haunting — halsey
" I've tried to wash you away but you just won't leave. "

track 06: it's always been you — phil wickham
" you are the voice that calms the storm inside me. castle walls that stand around me. "

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐 ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

DISCLAIMER | I do not own "Bridgerton" and all the books in the series, I claim no rights to this idea. I only claims rights on my characters, their backstories, dialogue and anything else I forget to mention here.

RATING | rated mature!! forewarning, there will be swearing, sexual content, death, parental issues that might be triggering to some, etc. read at your own risk!

DEDICATIONS |

MysticPsyche_ -hxneybee17
alycialcver -simplyaphrodite dawngrangers bugszbuny Biggirl568
my mutuals 🫶🏻 sorry for any unwanted tags!

AUTHORS NOTE |

sense they are skipping over Benedict's season, I thought he deserved some more love on this app. i for real can't wait for season 3, penelope and colin are the cutest, and I can already tell it's going be an amazing season!

started . . . 1/16/24
finished . . . n/a

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 6.8K 31
Delilah has never truly had a good relationship with anyone. Her father had made it no secret that he did not want her and had not paid her any care...
54.8K 1.3K 32
hope buckingham dear gentle-readers, a new pretty face has entered the gates of london... will the desperate mamas try to rip her from the arms of t...
9.2K 356 11
"I can't believe she returned." Anthony whispered. "I must speak with her." Violet spoke as she brushed by her children and headed straight towards t...
171K 4.2K 19
𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓪𝓶 𝓮𝔁𝓬𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓪𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓱𝓲�...