Mafia's collateral (M Book2)

By Chick_ennugget

Seraphina Allen has been struggling through life, trying to make ends meet. But the more she lives, the more... More

Crashing Down
Into the waves
Collateral
Art work
Cold bastard
The pain in me
What to think of it all?
Trouble is never far
Lux
Unknown fear
Exposed
Scar
The feeling of shame
Blood
The pain of my wolf
A softer side
Burning apartment
Trust your guts
His place
Unconscious
Stolen Item
The shadow at the window
The kid shouldn't be isolated
Special Event
Serve
'Beautiful'
His Broad Back
The heartthrob
Kindergarten problem
Brother figure
Of all the thing that could happen
Special service
Gut feeling
First Attack
One save
Reminder of what he is
Think again
Between rogues
Between rogues-Fight
Am I a pervert?
Bringing her back
Clean up
RUT
Crushed hope
Broken Heart
Broken Mind
Nothing but despair
My wolf
Can I say it?
Only Hope
Big things
How to seduce?
I think it might work
Something sweet
Secret helpers
Marriage?
Be Assertive
Banshee
Missing Door
The surprise
Confess
A little bit of suspicion
The picture
He's gone
Feeling lost
Interrogation
Bad Decisions
Run
Let's make a deal
Looming Threats
He was using me
Rescue Mission
Into the sea
Escape
Talk it out
Find the sister
His past
Pleasant days
The death of my first love
The Ghost of Sarina
The Death of A Demon
Preparation
War
Hostage
The Handover
The peace I always wanted
The last of my problems
My Peace
Happy Birthday

A Job

1K 48 9
By Chick_ennugget

>>Seraphina

The echo of the slap lingered in the room, startling everyone.

There was a moment of complete silence where even I was stunned as their boss stood with his face to the side. It might have just been the extreme desire to escape that caused me to be the first one to react.

I seized the momentary shock which everyone was in to make my escape. Adrenaline surged through my veins, propelling me forward as I darted towards the exit.

"Hey!!" Of course, all those men ran after me but I just balled my fists and refused to look back.

The door swung open, and I burst into the cool air, gasping for breath. The freedom, however, was only a second long as the sound of hurried footsteps and angry voices echoed behind me.

"Catch her!"

"Don't let her get away!" I sprinted through the building. Since I wasn't knocked out, I knew I was being kept in a basement room and I knew where to go. I ran up the stairs, violently opening any doors I came across and finally I opened the exit door using all of my strength.

There was someone standing in front of it that got knocked to the floor, "You imbecile!" The people behind me yelled, "What did we leave you at the door for!?" The footsteps behind me didn't fade and I ran towards the busy streets in a desperate bid to outpace the looming threat.

The urgency of my steps mirrored the pounding of my heart. I ducked and dodged, eluding the henchmen hot on my heels.

Panic gnawed at my resolve, I can't believe I went ahead and slapped their boss. I'm so dead, aren't I!??

My surroundings became a blur as I sprinted through the streets, being a woman and small played some part in my escape, I was able to go between people more easily as compared to the men following me.

Oh! God! Where do I run to though?!? I don't want them to discover where I live now, or even get close!

Going to my old house would be suicide! Should I go to the police station!?

As if... The police sucks! They didn't do anything when I went to them and told them how I was being forced to take on my father's debt. They didn't do anything when I told them my father had gone missing!

I glanced back.

I couldn't see them properly, they were getting lost in the crowd but I did catch glimpses of them and I knew I hadn't lost them just yet.

I looked ahead, the desperation to escape hung thick in the air when, out of nowhere, a hand came and grabbed me, jolting my body into a violent stop.

What the hell!!?? Fear was the first instinct that took over me, followed by the thought that I had been caught!

NO!

But before I could react, strong hands reached out and yanked me forcefully into the car standing right by the sidewalk.

The world spun in a disorienting whirlwind as the door slammed shut, trapping me inside. My pulse raced at the suddenness of the abduction leaving me stunned and breathless.

>>Lilac

The sharp sting on my cheek reverberated through my senses, and for a moment, the world seemed to tilt on its axis. The audacity of her slap stunned me, a sensation both foreign and electrifying.

I blinked in confusion as she took the chance and ran away. My men ran after her but I didn't move.

No one had dared to challenge me in such a brazen manner before, and the unexpectedness of it lingered in the air.

As I touched my reddened cheek, a jolt of surprise coursed through me. Her defiance, the sheer force behind that slap, ignited a spark within. There was a strange thrill in the defiance, a rush that mingled with the pain and left me oddly exhilarated.

A smirk crept onto my face, followed by a low snicker as I straightened my face.

"Young Master," Ricky looked at me with an expression of worry but he didn't know of the unexpected excitement that bubbled within me, "Ah~" I looked at him. The allure of her boldness was undeniable, "Ricky," I brought my hand down from my cheek, "I want her,"

>>Seraphina

I shot my head at the person who pulled me into the car and then closed the door with tinted windows.

!!!

"Azef...?"

There was a brief moment of surprise on his face when he saw my face, but it was gone before I could see it properly. He turned his head away, and I might be wrong, but it felt like he was avoiding looking at me.

"It seems like you love inviting trouble," He shook his head in disappointment.

I was still stunned. Where the hell did he come from? How did he even spot me in the crowd? Was he following me?! There's no other way he would know the exact moment to catch me. But is that really so? Wouldn't that mean he saw me when I was kidnapped?

I looked out the window and noticed the henchmen.

!!!

They were looking for me, so I turned my face towards Azef again.

"It just follows," I replied, "I would never invite it on my own."

"Where did you go?" He asked, making me confused,

"You don't know?" I asked and he turned his face to look at me, "Considering you caught me like this, you must know."

He smirked, "Do you think I have the time to keep tabs on your every move?" He let out a small chuckle and it felt like he was mocking me.

"Well," I felt a little self-conscious at his words, "You did say you needed me, to find my father." So he wasn't following me...

"No," He folded his arms, "I said I own you." I pursed my lips, "I don't need you for anything when I have Eris," He looked at me with his ego bursting in his gray eyes, "I have no need to look out for you when I know your little sister is still at the apartment."

It stung. His words were harsh.

Right. All he needs to make sure is where Eris is. I'm not really needed. It makes me feel like I shouldn't have told him about Loca Island right away. I'm of no use to him now, am I? But who knows what he would have done if he saw I amounted to nothing.

I bit my lower lip, then hissed.

"Ah!" I brought my fingers up to my lips and remembered there was a cut there. My eyes then drooped and I brought my fingers down. But that's when I felt the intense gaze on me.

I brought my head up and looked at Azef. He had his eyes on me and he was looking at me with a grim expression.

"What?" I asked,

"Where did you go?" He repeated his question.

"I... went to work..." Is it me? Or he looks like he's annoyed. When he pulled me in the car, his mood was better than before

"And," He pointed at me with his palm facing above, "How did this happen?" He moved his palm from up to down, highlighting all of my appearance. Then he paused, his hand reached for the back of my shirt, "And this," He grabbed the part that had torn off.

I know it wasn't my fault or anything but I felt embarrassed that I was in such a sorry state while he was sitting in front of me in classy clothing.

"The debt collectors were there." I didn't meet his gaze

"And?" He shook his head, "They wouldn't just bruise your face for no reason."

"I, well, I" He was sharp. And I couldn't deny it.

"Listen Kitten, I don't have all day"

!!

"Yes?" Did he refer to me as 'kitten' again?

"I don't have all day," He let out a sigh,

"Sorry," I gulped and then decided to just say it, "One of them tried to attack me so I attacked him back."

....

The moment of silence made me slowly raise my head up and glance at him.

He raised his brow at me, then smirked, "You attacked him back?" He found it amusing.

"Yes and, he ended up getting hospitalized." I said the words softly.

He let out another snicker, "I had a feeling you were feisty. Just like a cat,"

I watched him as he looked out the windows but it looked like his mood was better now. The grim expression he had no was now gone.

He looked back at me, "Get out," He said out of the blue

"Yes?"

He pointed at me, "Get out," He said again, "The men chasing you are gone."

"Oh!" I looked around through the windows and noticed a normal crowd there. They really were gone. I let out a sigh of relief, then slid my body towards the door. But as I grabbed the handle and was about to open the door, he spoke again.

"You plan on going to your workplace now?"

I looked back at him, "I have to work." He was watching me, for some reason it felt like there was this predatory sense in those pretty eyes of his.

"Right, you need the money." He said that and got lost in his thoughts.

I nodded and was to get out again when he stopped me.

"I have a position at a nightclub," He said, making me look at him again.

"What?"

"Work there," He said, "The place is called Lux,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.5K 845 19
Christina accidentally spills a powerful love potion on Kevin. The real problem is, because of what she did a dangerous yellow eyed Witch now wants b...
456K 13.9K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...
118K 3.2K 41
She began to fear every sound since she had met him. With every step she looked over her shoulder. Fear of him kept her wary. Trying to run from the...
18.3K 970 33
Right from the beginning, I was the unfortunate one. I had to sacrifice my needs because of destiny. I endured a lot and almost lost who means the mo...