Lavender's Blue

By TheQuietHufflepuff

A father and his newborn daughter set on a quest of sorts to find his father. Along the way, they recruit his... More

Christina, Kit, Winchester
Season One
01. Pilot
02. Wendigo
03. Dead in the Water
04. Phantom Traveler
05. Bloody Mary
06. Skin
07. Home
08. Asylum
09. Scarecrow
10. Faith
11. Nightmare
12. Shadow
13. Hell House
14. Something Wicked
15. Provenance
16. Dead Man's Blood
17. Salvation
18. Devil's Trap
Season Two
19. In My Time of Dying
20. Everybody Loves a Clown
21. Bloodlust
22. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
23. Simon Said
24. No Exit
25. The Usual Suspects
26. Crossroad Blues
27. Croatoan
28. Hunted
29. Playthings
30. Nightshifter
31. Houses of the Holy
32. Born Under a Bad Sign
33. Tall Tales
34. Hollywood Babylon
35. What Is and What Should Never Be
36. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part One)
37. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part Two)
Season Three
38. The Magnificent Seven
39. The Kids Are Alright
40. Bad Day at Black Rock
41. Sin City
42. Bedtime Stories
43. Red Sky at Morning
44. Fresh Blood
45. A Very Supernatural Christmas
46. Malleus Maleficarum
47. Dream a Little Dream of Me
48. Mystery Spot
49. Jus in Bello
50. Ghostfacers
51. Long Distance Call
52. Time Is on My Side
53. No Rest for the Wicked
Season Four
54. Lazarus Rising
55. Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
56. In the Beginning
58. Monster Movie
59. Yellow Fever
60. It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
61. Wishful Thinking
62. I Know What You Did Last Summer
63. Heaven and Hell
64. Family Remains
65. Criss Angel Is a Douchebag
66. Death Takes a Holiday
67. On the Head of a Pin
68. It's a Terrible Life

57. Metamorphosis

72 1 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

INT. 425 WATERMAN - NIGHT

Sam walked a man towards the door when Dean opened it, causing Sam to stop in his tracks. Dean looked quite angry. Kit remained in the Impala.

"So... Anything you wanna tell me, Sam?" Dean questioned.

Sam looked innocent and Ruby stood behind him, watching Dean who walked towards him.

"Dean, hold on," Sam said. "Just let me-"

Dean cut him off. "You gonna say, "let me explain"? You're gonna explain this? How about this? Why don't you start with who she is, and what the hell is she doing here?"

He looked at his brother hard while Sam turned back and looked at Ruby who looked completely calm and smiled.

"It's good to see you again, Dean," Ruby commented.

Dean subconsciously stepped in front of his old flame. "Ruby?" She smiled a little and Dean looked back at his brother. "Is that Ruby?"

Sam didn't respond and Dean looked at Ruby again, whose smile was fading. After a moment, Dean grabbed hold of her and shoved her up against the wall. He pulled out her knife.

As Dean was about to strike, Sam grabbed his hand and yelled, "Don't!"

The brothers struggled for the knife. Sam got it out of Dean's hand into his own just as Dean threw him up against the wall. Ruby grabbed Dean and pinned him against the wall he'd had her against seconds earlier.

"Ruby! Stop it!" Sam cried.

Ruby stared into Dean's eyes and kept a chokehold with her right hand while he stared back, angry. Finally she let go and he rose to his full height.

Dean looked at Sam, then Ruby before saying, "Well, aren't you an obedient little bitch?"

Ruby didn't respond, but it was clear she wanted to attack him again.

"Ruby," Sam called. She stared at Dean for a few moments, then looked at Sam. "Ruby, he's hurt." He indicated the man who'd been possessed. "Go."

She gave Dean one more look before turning and walking towards the man. As Dean watched her, she put the man's arm over her shoulder, ready to leave.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Dean demanded.

"The ER... unless you want to go another round first," Ruby replied.

Dean said nothing and Ruby walked out with the man. Dean turned to look at Sam who was watching him.

"Dean," Sam called as Dean walked to the door he came through, leaving him behind. "Dean!"

INT. MOTEL ROOM - DAY

Sam was sitting at the table, reading a book. Kit was watching Scooby-Doo. The Impala pulled up outside and Dean entered a few moments later. Dean didn't look at Sam as he walked right into the room. Sam had gotten out of his chair the minute Dean had entered. Dean grabbed his back and began packing his stuff.

Sam walked towards his brother. "Dean, what are you doing?" Dean ignored him and continued packing. "What are you, are you leaving?"

"You don't need me," Dean replied. "You and Ruby go fight demons. I'll do my own thing with my little girl. Kit let's go." He grabbed his bag and started for the door. Sam stood in the way so Dean had to go around him.

"Hold on," Sam said. "Dean, come on, man."

Dean turned and punched his brother in the face with his right hand. Sam whirled around from the force. Dean watched him as he turned back.

"You satisfied?" Sam asked before Dean hit him again then threw his bag on the floor. Sam touched his lip, which was bleeding. "I guess not."

"Do you even know how far off the reservation you've gone?" Dean questioned. "How far from normal? From human."

"I'm just exorcising demons."

"With your mind!" Dean yelled, calming himself. "What else can you do?"

"I can send them back to Hell. It only works with demons, and that's it."

Dean grabbed hold of him and pushed him back, walking with the force. "What else can you do?!"

"I told you!" He pushed his hand away and they stopped.

"And I have every reason in the world to believe that." He started walking away. "Christine, let's go."

Kit stomped her foot. "No, Daddy. Don't be meanie to Unkie Sammy."

"Look, I should have said something." Dean stopped, his back still to Sam. "I'm sorry, Dean. I am. But try to see the other side here."

Dean turned and faced him. "The other side?"

"I'm pulling demons out of innocent people."

"Use the knife!"

"The knife kills the victim! What I do, most of them survive! Look, I've saved more people in the last five months than we save in a year."

"That what Ruby wants you to think? Kind of like the way she tricked you into using your powers?" He shook his head, sad. "Slippery slope, rather. Just wait and see. Because it's gonna get darker and darker, and God knows where it ends."

"I'm not gonna let it go too far."

Dean smiled at Sam's words, walked towards the wall, and hit the lamp on the side table, making it crash and fly. A shard of glass hit Kit's cheek and screamed and began crying.

"It's already gone too far, Sam," Dean said. "If I didn't know you... I would wanna hunt you." Sam's eyes were tearful, and he nodded as he looked down. "And so would other hunters."

Sam looked up and said, "You were gone. I was here. I had to keep on fighting without you. And what I'm doing... It works."

"Well, tell me. If it's so terrific... then why'd you lie about it to me." Sam looked down again. "Why did an angel tell me to stop you?"

Sam looked up, surprised. "What?"

"Cas said that if I don't stop you, he will. See what that means, Sam? That means that God doesn't want you doing this. So, are you just gonna stand there and tell me and her everything is all good?"

With tearful eyes, they exchanged a look and Sam looked down once again. The silence was broken by Sam's phone ringing. Dean flinched at the sound.

Sam answered. "Hello?"

Dean looked at Kit. "You're bleeding. What happened?" He held her as she cried and cleaned her wound. "I'm so sorry, sweetie."

Kit wiped her eyes and hugged her father with a sniffle.

Sam pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to collect himself. "Hey, Travis. Yeah, hey." ... "Uh..." ... "It's good to hear your voice, too, yeah. Um, look, it's not really a good time right now. It's-" ... "Yeah, okay. Uh, well, just give me the details, and, uh..." ... "Carthage, Missouri." Dean and Kit watched Sam as he walked towards the bedside table and wrote down the location. "Looking for Jack Montgomery."

He put down the pen and ended the call. Breathing deeply, he looked at Dean Kit Lexi.

"So, Missouri," Dean commented.

EXT. ROAD - NIGHT

The Impala zoomed down the road.

INT. IMPALA - NIGHT

Dean was behind the wheel as the five drove in silence. Kit had fallen asleep.

"I can't believe it," Sam said. "Mom, a hunter?"

"I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't seen it myself. That woman could kick some ass. I mean, she almost took me down." He glanced back at a softly snoring Lexi. "Much like someone I know."

"How'd she look? I mean... was she happy?"

"Yeah, she was awesome. Funny and smart. So hopeful." He looked at Sam a moment, then to Kit, and back to the road. "Dad, too. Until of course..." Sam sighed. "What?"

Sam looked out his window. "Nothing." After a moment, he turned back to Dean. "It's just, our parents. And now we find out our grandparents too? Our whole family murdered and for what? So Yellow Eyes could get in my nursery and bleed in my mouth?"

Dean thought over Sam's last statement, then looked at him. "Sam, I never said anything about demon blood." Sam looked guilty. "You knew about that?"

Sam didn't look at his brother. "Yeah, for about a year."

Dean looked out the window again, eyes on the road. "A whole year?"

"I should have told you. I'm sorry."

"You've been saying that a lot lately, Sam. But whatever. You don't want to tell me, you don't have to. It's fine."

"Dean." He looked at his brother who was focused on the road. "Whatever." He sighed.

They reached Carthage and sat outside a house.

Jack, inside the house, took out a beer.

"Are you sure that's him?" Dean asked, holding binoculars and watching Jack.

"Only Jack Montgomery in town," Sam replied.

"And we're looking for..."

"Travis said to keep an eye out for anything weird."

"Weird?" Dean, holding Kit's hand, repeated.

"Yeah."

"All right, well, yeah, I've seen big weird, little weird with crazy on top. But this guy? I mean, come on, this guy's boring."

"I don't know, Dean. Travis seemed pretty sure." He took up a pair of binoculars of his own.

They watched as Jack went on a food craze and wore matching disgusted looks.

"I'd say that qualifies as weird," Sam commented.

Kit grimaced. "And ick."

"And ick. That's right."

INT. MOTEL ROOM

Dean, Sam and Kit entered and stopped.

Dean smiled and Sam greeted, "Travis."

Travis was sitting by the table, beer in hand.

"See, Sam," Dean said. "Told you we should have hid the beer."

Travis got up and with a smile walked towards the brothers as they walked towards him. Kit had climbed onto a bed. "Smart-ass. Get over here." He laughed and he and Dean hugged. "Ah, good to see you."

"You too."

They broke and Travis and Sam hugged as well. "Good to see you."

"You too, Travis," Sam replied as their hug broke.

"Man, you got tall, kid." They laughed. "How long has it been?"

"Ah, gotta be ten years."

"You still a... oh, what was it... a mathlete?"

Sam scoffed a little. "No."

"Yep, sure is," Dean confirmed. "The little girl is my daughter Kit."

"Been too long, boys," Travis said. "I mean, look at you. Grown men. Such a big little girl. John would have been damn proud of you. Sticking together like this."

"Yeah. Yeah, we're as thick as thieves." He looked at Sam, whose smile was disappearing with Dean's words. "Nothing more important than family."

Travis walked towards the table as Dean followed, ignoring Sam.

"Sorry to be late for the dance," Travis told them as they sat on the table, Sam sat on the bed next to Dean, across from Travis. Kit had moved to the floor. "Thanks for helping out an old man. I'm a little, uh, shorthanded." He indicated his right hand and arm, which was covered in a cast and they laughed. "So, you track down Montgomery?"

"Yeah, we found him at his home," Sam answered.

"And?"

"Well, he had a hell of a case of the munchies, topped off with a burger he forgot to cook," Dean replied.

"That's him all right."

"What's him?"

"Boys, we got a rougarou on our hands."

"What's dat?" Kit asked.

"A rougarou?" Dean repeated, looking at Sam and Lexi for a second. "Is that made up?" He looked back at Travis before they could answer. "That sounds made up."

"They're mean, nasty little suckers," Travis informed. "Rotted teeth, wormy skin, the works."

"Well, that ain't this guy. I mean, he was wearing a cell phone on his belt."

"He'll turn ugly soon enough. They start out human, for all intents and purposes."

"So, what? They go through some kind of metamorphosis?" Sam asked.

"Yep, like a maggot turning into a bull fly. But most of all - they're hungry."

"Hungry for what?" Dean wondered.

"At first, for everything, but then... for long pig."

Sam exhaled, understanding what Travis meant. Dean looked confused, not understanding the term.

"Long pig?" Dean asked.

Sam glanced at him. "He means human flesh."

"And that is my word of the day."

"Hunger grows in, till they can't fight it," Travis said. "Till they got to take themselves a big, juicy chomp, and then it happens."

"What happens?" Sam questioned.

"They transform completely and fast."

After a moment, Travis continued. "One bite's all it takes. Eyes, teeth, skin; all turns. No going back either. They feed once, they're a monster forever. And our man Jack's headed there on a bullet train."

"Well, how'd you find this guy if he's a walking, talking human?" Dean asked.

"Let's just say it runs in his family."

"You mean, uh..." Sam trailed.

"Killed his daddy back in '78. Son of a bitch mangled 8 bodies before I put him down. Guy used to be a dentist. Cadillac, trophy wife... Little did I know, pregnant trophy wife. She put the boy up for adoption. By the time I found out, he was long gone, lost in the system."

"You mean to tell me you couldn't find someone?"

Travis sighed. "I'm not sure I wanted to. The idea of hunting down some poor kid... I don't think I'd have the heart. No. I wanted to wait, make damn sure I had the right man. Apparently, I do." He took a swig of beer.

INT. MOTEL ROOM

Dean and Travis were by the table, fixing gas cans that looked like tiny fire extinguishers for use. Kit had been put down for a nap, and though she'd protested, she had fallen asleep.

"So fire, huh?" Dean commented.

"The only way I found to kill these bastards; deep-fry 'em," Travis replied.

"Well, that's gonna be... horrible. Is that what you did to Jack's dad?"

"Uh-huh." Travis glanced up.

Sam came into the room from outside, papers in hand.

Sam looked at what they were doing. "Not wasting any time, are you?"

"None to waste," Travis said. "The guy hulks out, we won't be finding bodies, just remains."

Sam sat on the bed next to the table before he said, "What if he doesn't hulk out? I did a little homework. Uh, we've been checking out the lore on rougarous."

"What? My 30 years of experience not good enough for you?"

"What? No. No, I just want to be as prepared as possible. Not that you didn't..."

"Sam loves research," Dean told Travis. "He keeps it under his mattress right next to his KY. It's a sickness." He looked at Sam. "It is."

Sam continued. "Look, everything you said checked out, of course, but uh. I found a couple of interesting stories about people who have this rougarou gene or whatever. See, they start to turn but they never take the final step."

"Really?"

"See, if they never eat human flesh, they don't fully transform."

"So what? Go vegan, stay human?"

"Basically. Or in this case, eat a lot of raw meat, just not..."

"Long pig."

"Right."

Dean smiled a little and Travis sat next to him, having watched and listened to Sam in silence.

"Good on you for the due diligence, Sam," Travis commented, getting up. "But those are fairytales." He walked towards the little pantry and poured himself another cup of coffee. "Fact is, every rougarou I ever saw or heard of... took that bite."

Sam stood as he spoke. "Okay, well, that doesn't mean that Jack will."

Dean watched Sam rise, then stood himself.

"So what do we do?" Travis asked. "Sit and hope and wait for a body count?"

"No, we talk to him," Sam replied. "Explain what's happening. That way he can fight it."

"Fight it?" He laughed. "Are you kidding me? You ever been really hungry?" Dean, who'd been looking at the papers Sam had brought, looked up. "I mean, haven't-eaten-in-days hungry?"

"Yeah," Dean answered.

"Yeah. Right then. So somebody slaps a big, juicy sirloin in front of you, you walking away?"

Dean looked thoughtful for a moment, then admitted "no" without words and only raised his eyebrows, slowly looking at Sam.

Travis continued. "That's what we are to him now, meat on legs. I'm sorry. I'm sure he's a stand-up guy, but it's pure, base instinct. Everything in nature's gotta eat. You think he can stop himself 'cause he's nice?"

Sam's tone was firm and serious. "I don't know. But we're not gonna kill him unless he does something to get killed for. We're people, Dean. Not cold-blooded killers."

Dean looked at him. Sam took a few breaths, then walked out of the room.

Travis looked at Dean, puzzled by Sam's reaction. "What's up with your brother?"

Dean looked at the door, then at Travis. "Don't get me started." He turned to sit down and glanced at his still sleeping daughter.

EXT. IMPALA - DAY

The three drove down a road, Dean behind the wheel.

Dean spoke. "All right, so we're gonna go have a little chat with this guy-"

INT. IMPALA

"-which, you know... I'm down." Sam sat quietly next to him, staring out the front windshield with a serious expression on his face and Kit was looking at a book in the back. "But I just want to make sure, if push comes, you're gonna shove." He looked at Sam and Kit and the former turned to him.

"Meaning?" Sam questioned.

"Well, odds are we're gonna have to burn this car alive."

"This guy has a name and a wife."

"Yeah, who we're probably gonna make a widow, okay? I mean, you two heard Travis. He's gonna turn. They always turn."

"Maybe he won't. Maybe he can fight it off."

"And maybe he can't, that's all I'm saying."

"All right, we'll just have to see then, okay?"

"This is what I mean, Sam. You sure your emotions aren't getting in the way here?"

Sam looked and him in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

Dean flicked his eyes at his brother. "You know, nice dude, but he's got something evil inside. Something in his blood. Maybe you can relate."

Dean looked at him, but Sam didn't respond with a look of his own. Sam looked angry.

"Stop the car," Sam demanded.

"What?" Dean questioned.

"Stop the car or I will!"

They shared a look.

EXT. IMPALA

Dean drove to the side of the road, but before the car had completely slowed to a stop, Sam had already opened his door and was getting out. Kit stayed in the cat. As Dean opened his door, Sam slammed his own shut and turned around, angry.

"You want to know why I've been lying to you, Dean?" Sam said. "Because of crap like this."

They began walking around the front of the car.

"Like what?" Dean asked.

"The way you talk to me, the way you look at me like I'm a freak!" He walked past Dean, then turned around to him, completely pissed off.

"I do not."

"You know, or even worse, like I'm an idiot!" He walked up to Dean and almost got in his face. "Like I don't know the difference between right and wrong!"

He stepped back, turned his back to Dean and walked a few steps. He stopped, hands on hips, back still to Dean, who was watching him. When Sam turned around, Dean looked down.

"What?" Sam questioned.

Dean looked up again, sounding angry. "Do you know the difference, Sam? I mean, you've been kind of strolling a dark road lately."

"You have no idea what I'm going through. None."

"Then enlighten me!"

"I've got demon blood in me, Dean! This disease pumping through my veins, and I can't ever rip it out or scrub it clean! I'm a whole new level of freak! And I'm just trying to take this - this curse... and make something good out of it. Because I have to."

Dean looked at him for a few moments as Sam looked at the ground.

After awhile, Dean spoke in a calm voice. "Let's just go talk to the guy." Sam scoffed. "I mean Jack. Okay?"

After a moment, Sam gave a small, almost non-existent nod, but didn't look at his brother.

EXT. MONTGOMERY RESIDENCE - GARDEN

Jack was standing in the garden, hose in hand. Sam and Dean emerged through the back door to the garden behind Jack. Kit stayed in the Impala, much to her frustration. As they walked over to him, Jack didn't see but instead was spaced out, holding the hose and staring into nothing.

"Jack Montgomery?" Sam called.

Jack didn't turn right away, took a moment, then looked around at the hunters.

Sam continued. "I'm Sam Winchester. This is my brother, Dean." Jack turned to look at them as they walked up to him. "We need to talk."

Jack looked at him, then at Dean who looked around a bit. Jack turned back to Sam and asked, "About?"

"About you. About how you're changing."

"Excuse me?"

"You're probably feeling your bones move under your skin," Dean told Jack. "And your appetite's reaching, you know, "hungry hungry hippo" levels. How am I doing so far?"

"Who the hell are you guys?"

"We're people who know a little something about something."

"We're people who can help," Sam clarified. "Please, just hear us out."

LATER

"A-a what?" Jack questioned.

"A rougarou," Dean said. "Sounds made-up, I know, but believe me, it's not."

"All right, I've noticed certain things. I mean, some strange things. But I just, I-I don't know I'm... I'm sick or something."

"Your father was one of these things," Sam told him, causing Jack to face him. "Your real father. He passed it on to you."

"No. Are-are you guys listening to yourselves? You s-sound like you're-"

Dean cut him off. "Skip the whole "you guys sound crazy", shall we? You're hungry, Jack. You're only gonna get hungrier."

"Hungrier for?"

"Long pig," Sam answered simply.

Dean nodded. "You know, a little man burger helper may have crossed your mind already."

"No," Jack said.

"It doesn't have to be like this, Jack. You can fight it," Sam told him.

"No."

"Others have."

Dean spoke again. "We're not gonna lie to you, though. It's not gonna be easy. You're gonna feel like an alcoholic swimming around in whiskey. But I'm telling you. You gotta say no... or-"

"Or what?" Jack questioned.

"You feed once and it's all over. And then we'll have to stop you," Sam warned.

"Stop me? My dad, did uh, somebody stop him?"

"Yes."

"Get off my property right now. I see you guys and girl again, I'm calling the cops."

"Jack, your wife, everybody you know, they're in danger."

"Now!"

Jack's neighbor, who was cutting a bush, looked over at them when Jack raised his voice. Sam sighed and they began walking away.

"Good talk," Dean muttered as Jack watched the two leave.

INT. IMPALA

Sam, Dean and Kit were in the Impala.

Sam turned to the backseat as Jack ran across the street to a woman's building.

"Damn it, Jack," Sam muttered. "No."

He pulled up the flamethrower and exited the car. Dean grabbed a flamethrower and exited the car. Kit was once again instructed to stay.

"Come on," Dean said.

EXT. BUILDING

The hunters ran up to the building, looking for Jack.

INT. APARTMENT

Sam and Dean kicked down the door and hurried through, flamethrowers at the ready. They met the woman who was coming out of her bedroom. She screamed and backed into her bedroom.

"Wait!" Dean called.

The woman slammed her door. Dean and Sam were still standing by the front door, looking confused.

"Whoa, we're here to save you, I guess," Dean said.

Sam looked around and the woman locked her bedroom door.

The woman, through the door, yelled, "I'm calling the police."

"We should go," Sam decided.

"Yeah," Dean agreed.

The brothers hurried out. Dean turned and closed the door with a small embarrassed laugh. The frame of the door, where the lock was, was completely broken.

EXT. MONTGOMERY RESIDENCE

The three pulled up in front of the house and a car was on the other side of the street. They slowly got out, flamethrowers in hand. Dean walked around the Impala to Sam. Kit had fallen asleep.

"I guess now we know where Travis is," Dean commented.

They started walking towards the house.

"That stupid son of a bitch," Sam said.

Dean looked at Sam by his comment. They reached the porch steps.

INT. MONTGOMERY RESIDENCE

The front door slowly opened and Dean came in first, eyes on the stairs. As he moved in, Sam followed. The chair Michelle had been tied to had fallen to the floor. Neither Travis' body or Jack's could be seen. Travis was bleeding out, the blood pool was being soaked up by the carpet. Dean and Sam stopped by the entrance to the living room. A blood trail from behind the couch could be spotted from where Jack had dragged Travis behind it. The brothers shared a look.

FLOOR BEHIND COUCH

Sam walked towards a piece of meat on the floor, closely followed by Dean. They stopped by it and looked down.

"Oh, God," Dean said. "Think that's Travis?"

Sam sighed. "What's left of him." Dean looked at him and he looked defeated. "Guess you were right about Jack."

Before Dean could respond, he was suddenly pushed forward and Jack jumped him from behind.

"Dean!" Sam called.

The men slammed down on the coffee table, knocking out Dean. Sam quickly moved around them and pulled up his flamethrower and put up his lighter in front of it. Jack turned around to him and jumped him before he could get a flame. They slammed to the floor and Sam hit the back of his head. Before Sam had a chance to do anything, Jack grabbed the flamethrower and slammed it into Sam's face, knocking him out.

LATER

Sam was on the floor of the closet, knocked out. He slowly woke. After a second, he remembered where he was and got up and went for the doorhandle, but it was locked.

"Dean?" Sam called again.

INT. LIVING ROOM

"Dean can't come to the phone right now," Jack said.

INT. CLOSET

Sam slammed his hand against the door twice, angry. "Jack! If you hurt him, I swear to God!"

INT. LIVING ROOM

"Calm down!" Dean was still lying on the coffee table, knocked out, and Jack sat by their feet. "Your brother's alive."

INT. CLOSET

Sam relaxed a bit with the news and rested his head against the door, panting.

"But not if you-" Jack began.

INT. LIVING ROOM

"-don't calm down," Jack finished.

INT. CLOSET

Sam calmed himself. "All right, Jack. Listen. Open the door. We can figure this out, okay?"

Jack laughed. "We'll have ourselves a little-"

INT. LIVING ROOM

"-brainstorming session." He was close to tears from desperation.

"Jack," Sam said.

INT. CLOSET

"Please," Sam begged.

"I don't think so," Jack told him.

INT. LIVING ROOM

"After what you did?" Jack retorted.

INT. CLOSET

Sam was confused. "What? What are you talking about?"

INT. LIVING ROOM

"You sent your friend in here. He tried to burn my-"

INT. CLOSET

"-wife alive."

"What? Why?" Sam asked as he went through his pockets.

INT. LIVING ROOM

Jack realized they didn't know, so he lied. "He didn't say."

INT. CLOSET

Sam looked around and saw a metal hanger. He grabbed it.

INT. LIVING ROOM

Jack continued. "I guess psychopaths don't have to explain themselves." He looked at Dean and slowly began moving along his body.

"Listen to me," Sam said. "You gotta believe me."

INT. CLOSET

"My brother and I, we never would have hurt her, okay?"

INT. LIVING ROOM

Jack came up by Dean's face, who was still knocked out. With shaking hands, Jack reached out and dipped his fingers in the little pool of blood that had formed by Dean's head. He turned his hands over, looking at the blood on his fingers. He sucked it off, enjoying the taste. He began rocking back and forth.

"Oh, God. I'm so hungry," Jack stated.

INT. CLOSET

Sam had reformed the metal-wired hanger so he could pick the lock before saying, "Jack, don't do this." He bent down and went for the lock.

INT. LIVING ROOM

Jack turned towards the closet door. "I can't ever see my family again."

INT. CLOSET

Sam worked the lock.

INT. LIVING ROOM

Jack turned back to Dean. "You two... your friend. You made me into this!"

INT. CLOSET

Sam was still working on the lock as he said, "No one's making you kill us." The lock wouldn't agree with him and he took down his hands for a moment. "Listen to me."

INT. LIVING ROOM

Jack was looking up at the ceiling and looked down again.

Sam spoke. "You got this dark pit inside you. I know."

INT. CLOSET

Sam leaned against the door again, with his eyes closed. "Believe me, I know." He opened his eyes. "But that doesn't mean you have to fall into it. You don't have to be a monster." He began working on the lock again.

INT. LIVING ROOM

Jack laughed at Sam's words. "Have you see me lately?"

"It doesn't matter what you are."

INT. CLOSET

Sam continued. "It only matters what you do. It's your choice."

INT. LIVING ROOM

Jack sat still a moment and grunted in pain. He began moving up to Dean's head again with his mouth open, looking like he would eat them. Dean slowly began waking up and saw Jack nearing his head. Jack put a hand on his shoulder, eyes completely fixated on him.

A door slammed open and Sam yelled, "Jack!"

Jack whipped around towards the closet door and Sam stood there, flamethrower and lighter in his hands, ready. Jack sat still a moment, like he was deciding something while Sam watched him. He lunged for Sam and as Dean slowly lifted his head and slowly turned over his shoulder, Sam flipped the lighter open and the flamethrower went off. Dean turned his head around to shield it. They turned back and watched while Sam burned Jack alive. Jack finally fell to the floor in flames. Dean looked at Sam, who was sad, perhaps even defeated, by the outcome.

EXT. IMPALA - NIGHT

The Impala drove down a road, fast.

INT. IMPALA

They drove in silence, Dean behind the wheel. He looked at Sam who was looking out the windows.

Dean turned back to the road. "You did the right thing, you know. That guy was a monster, there was no gong back." Sam didn't respond and lowered his head. "Sam, I wanna tell you I'm sorry. I've been kind of hard on you lately."

Sam lifted his head again, looking out, a broken expression on his face. "Don't worry about it, Dean."

"It's just that your, uh, your psychic thing, it scares the crap out of me."

"Look, if it's all the same... I'd really rather not talk about it." He looked at Dean.

Dean looked back as a little smile tugged on his lips. "Wait a minute. What? You don't want to talk? You?"

Sam didn't reply to the smile or joke. "There's nothing more to say. I can't keep explaining myself to you. I can't make you understand. Or Kit for that matter."

"Why don't you try?"

"I can't. Because this thing, this blood, it's not in you or her the way it's in me. It's just something I got to deal with."

"Not alone."

Sam sighed and looked out the passenger window in silence before saying, "Anyway, it doesn't matter. These powers... it's playing with fire. I'm done with them." Dean looked at him. "I'm done with everything."

"Really?" Sam continued looking out his window and Dean turned back to the road. "Well, that's a relief. Thank you."

Sam turned and scoffed a little. "Don't thank me. I'm not doing it for you. Or my niece. Or the angels or for anybody. This is my choice."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 451 96
Dahlia Taylor's life was as normal as it could get. But college changed everything for her. When the eldest brother of one of her best friends shows...
4.8K 100 39
Dean and Carrie unknowingly fell in love as children. Years later, the two meet up again and sparks fly. A whirlwind romance leads quickly to golden...
12.6K 457 107
Everything Zach knew changed when he was just a toddler. Life became a lot scarier, and a lot harder. Now he and his brothers are on a quest to find...
17.4K 309 86
Francesca, Frankie, Daniela Rivera was always a go-it-alone type of girl. But when two hunters find their way to a bar and take on the case of a myst...