wish // 5SOS

By 5sosxruel

BOOK SIX IN GABI-VERSE calum focussed Charlie was no stranger to...being a stranger. That's kind of what ha... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49

13

283 21 3
By 5sosxruel

cw: drugs and abuse
Calum

"Well done,"

"I didn't mean to!"

"Have you forgotten how shit it feels to be in a new home?!" Axel said, "She must be so scared,"

"She's just as bad giving her babies away,"

"Alyssa Irwin, we do not shame people for their own choices. You do not know her story," Ashton said sharply.

"I know how shit it feels for your mum to give you up,"

"Ally, she doesn't really have the means to bring up twins, so she wants to give them to a better family, which I think is a really brave decision," I said, "I know you didn't mean to upset her, but when she calms down I expect you to apologise to her,"

"Our family was so nice to use when we came. Why'd you have to do that,"

"Ax, it's okay. I will go and see her. We can all learn from this,"

I left, shutting the living room door, and climbed up the stairs to her. She pushed me away when I got close, so I sat a couple of steps down.

"I am sorry, honey. Ally is a lovely girl, but sometimes she doesn't think... and her mum gave her up which isn't something she has quite healed from yet. Not an excuse, but an explanation,"

"I thought I finally had a family who were different,"

"You do! We all have your backs,"

"No you don't. I think I should probably leave, I think I will go to another home,"

"Please don't,"

"I can't even exist and be pregnant in my own fucking home. I think I should just leave, and make your life much easier. She might as well have called me a slut the way she looked at me,"

"She would never,"

"Fucking bitch,"

"Hey, now, that is my niece still,"

"I don't care. Not my family once I am gone, I hope your next placement is pretty, and not pregnant, and doesn't have a brother in prison, and a mum in rehab, and a dead nanny, and has never done drugs or drank, and hasn't had to make the decision to give their kids up so they don't get wrapped up in this cursed fucking life, and then thinks they found a nice family who might actually care about their feelings but actually they don't, they just ridicule her for another mistake in her life that the whole town is already ridiculing her for,"

"You aren't leaving,"

I whipped my head round as I heard Ally's voice and scowled at her, because I was rather furious.

"I am,"

"No you're not. Calum is a great guy, and... I am sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel judged. I am really sorry,"

"Okay,"

"I think you are really cool,"

"No you don't,"

"Yes I do," Ally said, her shoulders dropping, "I'm not a spoilt princess,"

It was true. Charlie probably didn't understand that although Ally was infact very beautiful and perfect, she was still someone who was glued to her dad, and far from the independent beauty queen she looked. Well, she was a lot more independent now, but she would never hurt a fly and I could see it had genuinely confused her that Charlie didn't believe her, because Charlie was exactly the type of person Ally would find cool.

"Please don't leave because of me. I am sorry. I just, I dunno, maybe I did judge but it was wrong and I wanna be your friend,"

"You made me feel shit. The most shit because it came from family,"

"I know,"

"But thank you,"

"I know it probably wasn't an easy decision... I have my car, do you wanna go and get chocolate? It makes me feel better,"

"You can drive?"

"Yeah. See. We both surprise each other,"

"Go and get some chocolate," I said, gently rubbing her knee, "Let me get my wallet,"

"I've got it, Calum,"

"Okie dokie. Thank you,"

Charlie gave me a hug, then the pair of them left the house, and I went back to the living room, sighing.

"I am so, so sorry about that, Calum," Ash said.

"They've made up, I will talk to Charlie later. I think there's a lot on her mind,"

"I do admit, we overheard. Bless her,"

"I can't believe Ally did that,"

"You know what she's like,"

"Sensitive," Axel said

"Didn't hear it from me," Ashton said.

"Charlie is lovely, normally. I think going to the hospital she got judged, and at school she got judged, and now in her new home. Not a nice feeling,"

"I think her and Ally are similar, they will get along fine. Silly bickering, not that this was silly bickering but... there will be silly bickering," Axel said, "Look how fast they just made up,"

"I suppose so,"

They weren't out for long, and when they got back they sat together, sharing a bag of chocolates. I decided to start cooking, and Ash came to help, then we heard the three of them all talking and laughing which was a relief. I had been hoping they got along, because I thought Charlie needed someone to relate to a little bit.

Also, this morning we had got a letter through about her appointments and it had made me realise her 18th birthday was next month, hence why it had been scheduled she only stay for that long, and why it was a pain in the arse for me to argue she stayed here until the baby was born. So, I was hoping that if we got along well, I could offer she stayed here for as long as she needed. I couldn't explain it but I felt like we immediately had such a good bond, and I really wanted to make sure she was safe. I thought there was no harm in making sure she got on with my family since she might stay.

Her outburst earlier broke my heart. She needed someone to encourage her, and I would never make up for the gaping hole of missed love, but I could try. Despite everything, she was bubbly, and I could tell she appreciated everything I had provided her.

"Food!"

They all came through and sat together, so I dished it up and sat next to Ashton. It went down well, as always.

"I think I need to go and lay down,"

"We are gonna head home anyway. Thank you for having us!" Ashton said, "See you on Sunday,"

"Charlie is getting ready with us girls,"

"Oh that'll be nice,"

"Yeah. Bye," Ally said, hugging her tightly, "Bye, babies,"

"It was nice to meet you," Axel said, hugging her much more gently, then hugging me too.

I waved them off at the front door, then Charlie walked into me, hugging me tightly. I returned it, gently rubbing her back.

"My back is killing me,"

"How about I give it a massage and maybe we can talk about what you said earlier?"

"Okay. Only because I really want a massage. It hurts so bad,"

"Go and sit on your bed then,"

"Me and Ally made up. She is really nice,"

"I thought so, that is good,"

"I was a bit worried though, her sleeve got pushed up and she has a huge bruise on her shoulder,"

"Ah, well she is clumsy,"

"But she told me she had surgery on that shoulder so surely she would be careful,"

"You would think!"

"Ah, I dunno. I am probably overthinking, it's just... my bruises used to be where clothes would cover too,"

"Well, I am sure it is nothing but keep checking in on her, yeah? And I will make sure Ashton does too,"

"Okay. Sorry I got mad at you earlier, I sounded so ungrateful. I am not. I don't wanna leave,"

"I know you don't. Can I ask you something though?" I said, gently trying to relieve the tension in her back, "Drinking and drugs?"

"It was a bad time in my life,"

"Okay,"

"When I got pregnant I stopped drinking. I hadn't done drugs in a bit. I am sorry. I am really sorry if this makes you hate me,"

"It doesn't,"

"It was a bad time. My whole life is a bad time, and I dunno. I don't know, Calum. I feel like life is full of regrets and it really shook me up that in another home, I was reminded that it is definitely a regret,"

"Yeah. I am really sorry, honey. We have a plan though, don't we?"

"I guess so."

"Tomorrow is a fresh start. We can get your dress, and maybe go out to the movies?"

"Yes please,"

"Sounds like a plan. Does that feel better?"

"Definitely,"

"Good. I'm just gonna call Ash,"

"Okay. I might sleep soon,"

"If you do before I get back, sleep well,"

"Thank you,"

"Can I just say one thing?"

"Yeah?"

"Not every cry has to be blamed on hormones. It is okay to feel sad and cry as well,"

She nodded, so I blew her a kiss; I shut her door on the way out and went to my own room, dialling Ash. He didn't answer, so I decided to leave a voicemail.

"Hey, Ash. It's Cal... Charlie has just told me she saw a huge bruise on Ally's shoulder, the one she broke. I dunno, I am sure she is fine, but I wanted to let you know, because I have an odd feeling. Thanks for coming tonight. It meant a lot to me, truly, bye,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 176 40
A broken girl living in an orphanage finds out that her idols may be adopting her. Read to find out who
157K 4.6K 64
*Not a love story with 5SOS* Madison Lucia has had a pretty bad life she has been abused all her life by her father due to her dead mother. When she...
326K 5.6K 35
She'd dealt with it before- everyday in fact. The words were thrown around as much as the beer bottles. But no one could know. She told people she...
58.5K 1.1K 30
Hallie Rodgers is known as the "Social Outcast." She doesn't have friends or go to parties like most kids. She doesn't have the best clothes or looks...